Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Fingers crossed they have had the time to get it all nice and tight this go round. I enjoyed the story and the combat sometimes, but man everything felt very rough. Day one for me. See you on the posting boards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Beardo Cal looks incredibly disconcertingly like one of my friends :thunk:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The algorithm recently recommended this vid to me, and I found it really good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8MqpmeQ71k

Seeing all the ways to skip content in Fallen Order was quite interesting.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

There's an ominous lack of Merrin in this. (I realize they want to concentrate on the new stuff, but I was kind of hoping she'd be the co-op character)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Madurai posted:

There's an ominous lack of Merrin in this. (I realize they want to concentrate on the new stuff, but I was kind of hoping she'd be the co-op character)

Yeah, that's a noticeable absence, especially when they specifically bring in a new guy to be your buddy. Hopefully it is just lost in the new stuff hype, it'd be pretty weird to not have her back as an important character.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Madurai posted:

Who's Merrin? Everyone's talking about "Bode" these days. Get with the times.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

This doesn't Bode well for Merrin.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

I'm not going to dignify this with a reply

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Skippy McPants posted:

And there's our thread title for the Survivor release.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Skippy McPants posted:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Every time Bode’s not on screen I’m going to be asking “Where Merrin and Greez?”

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The stance stuff reminds me of Jedi Academy (which is a good thing)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

MMAgCh posted:

And there's our thread title for the Survivor release.

:same:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Skippy McPants posted:

:perfect:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The only acceptable news at this point would be Merrin's not in it because she's getting her own game. Come on, you bastards, let me gently caress up some Stormtroopers and assorted weirdos with freaky Nightsister powers.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

last thing I expected to see was a dark forces 1 reference

They seem to love doing that these days.

It would be cool to see a Bryar as a weapon skin in the new game too.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It could be an actor thing if Merrin uses face mocap stuff, though still a huge bummer if she's not in it.

It'll be funny if it's something like that and the game just awkwardly references her in a random message. After being exposed to civilization, Merrin got really into that Star Wars holographic battle chess game and is now a competitive battle chess streamer.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ytlaya posted:

It could be an actor thing if Merrin uses face mocap stuff, though still a huge bummer if she's not in it.

It'll be funny if it's something like that and the game just awkwardly references her in a random message. After being exposed to civilization, Merrin got really into that Star Wars holographic battle chess game and is now a competitive battle chess streamer.

She's listed on the IMDb for whatever that's worth.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"I must go, my planet needs me.

.......uh, you mind dropping me off there?"

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Perhaps it's to avoid spoiling the first game, that the ominous witch lady is actually all right?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Robot Style posted:

They seem to love doing that these days.

It would be cool to see a Bryar as a weapon skin in the new game too.

Kyle Katarn inspired outfit or I loving riot.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

So did anybody zoom into this special part of the big Jedi Survivor art? What is that? An exploding death start? A planet that's breaking apart? Seems pretty important.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Just a funky-rear end moon.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's no funky rear end moon...

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
It’s a break in the clouds, brother.

kneelbeforezog
Nov 13, 2019
Whats the gooncensus on the first fallen order?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
S'ok

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

kneelbeforezog posted:

Not perfect but really good attempt at a StarSoulsWarsVaniaBorne. Literally five bucks on the Steam sale right now so you don't have much to lose even if you think it sucks

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, I have gripes but it's good overall, definitely pick it up on sale.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The story doesn't hold together very well, but the gameplay is fun, and the environments are pretty, so it's just really nice.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Torrannor posted:

So did anybody zoom into this special part of the big Jedi Survivor art? What is that? An exploding death start? A planet that's breaking apart? Seems pretty important.

Wonder if those are results of Project Celestial Power, which was the development of the Death Star laser, which dates back to 17BBY, so by 9BBY they definitely would've refined it further

Are we going to see a 12-year old Jyn Erso with Saw? He doesn't abandon her until 5BBY, which is why she's not with him in Andor

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

kneelbeforezog posted:

I think the story's amazing. Small, focused cast with compelling characters. Examines grief and trauma in a thoughtful and nuanced way.

Gameplay's pretty good. Not unlike a Metroidvania. Substantial amount of stuff to do without being overwhelming. Enemy attack rhythm can feel weird at times. Still, the general idea is that the player character is powerful but vulnerable. Each combat section is a puzzle. Approach the tricky ones with a plan and you'll do fine; try to wing it and it might not go so well.

Very much looks and feels like Star Wars. Ran like a dream on PC when I last played it.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
It’s also on psplus in a few days.

It’s a great first attempt. I have high hopes for the sequel.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The only real clunker is trying to read the map and lack of fast travel

Really hope the new traversal mechanics help fix some of that, but I'm sure there's going to be frustrating arbitrary restrictions in place so you can't get to places you're not supposed to and see outside of the world or bypass certain linear event flags

The fact Cal's constantly stopped by locked doors when he has a lightsaber and slicer droid is the dumbest story beat in existence

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Hopefully they’ve figured out fast travel.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The dev said that with double jumps and a hookshot, Cal will be so much more mobile, and the level design reflects that in becoming even more Metroidvania like.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Double jumps and hookshot means i can briefly remember how fun titanfall 2 is since theyll never make 3

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Second Sister alone makes the first Fallen Order worth playing imo.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

"Outstanding." is such a great line read, I think about it all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

kneelbeforezog posted:

Not perfect but I really like the story and characters. Mechanics are fun but the level design is hit-and-miss.