Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Andrast posted:

because they are extremely different games going for very different things

ok then, maybe i'll pick it up on steam sale sometime, that thing that steam does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

Switch is a fantastic console with a great lineup of games for children and man-children.

The Wii-U was mocked for being the second rate console of its generation, but anyone who had kids over knew it got 10x more play than any of the other consoles.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Cowcaster posted:

ok then, maybe i'll pick it up on steam sale sometime, that thing that steam does

you can get it for like a fiver and it's a fully based game

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
they even added spanish voice acting for the full goya vibes

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stux posted:

i know. i was picking one iw owuld consider a pc title. you are loving insane if you are not playing games bcos one exists that is better. rename this thread to the anhedonia megathread.

truly wild your counterargument to me saying "there's like 50 metroidvanias i can grab on steam why would i get one on switch" is "well have you considered this one you can get: on steam?"

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Cowcaster posted:

In no particular order and just in case you haven't played them yet, Environmental Station Alpha, Axiom Verge and Guacamelee are excellent in the genre.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just finally bought Blasphemous based solely on the goon incredulity so thanks :cheers:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

truly wild your counterargument to me saying "there's like 50 metroidvanias i can grab on steam why would i get one on switch" is "well have you considered this one you can get: on steam?"

yesy because i had accepted anything on the switch you absolutely had not bought adn was seeing if it extended to steam as well, to ensure i was fully aware of how stupid you were.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh also the other day one of my friends said another metroid 2 remake was back? is that a thing?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

Just finally bought Blasphemous based solely on the goon incredulity so thanks :cheers:

I bought Astlibra based on recommendations in the thread and it's been surprisingly fun so far. Only on Chapter 2 so far.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stux posted:

yesy because i had accepted anything on the switch you absolutely had not bought adn was seeing if it extended to steam as well, to ensure i was fully aware of how stupid you were.

any other nintendo first party titles you want to mention so i can go "no, i'm not interested in that either" to them or are you done

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Cowcaster posted:

oh also the other day one of my friends said another metroid 2 remake was back? is that a thing?

I don't know if it ever got any further upgrades but after the legal letter it's been very "if you know a guy it's definitely done".

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

anhedonia. anhedonia. anhegndoia. none of you are free of sin

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Cowcaster posted:

These all sound neat are they out of early access?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Release Astral Chain from it's 30fps Switch jail, you loving cowards!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

sanin the hegndoig

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

Cowcaster posted:

any other nintendo first party titles you want to mention so i can go "no, i'm not interested in that either" to them or are you done

No first party Nintendo games on Steam so

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

[lying in bed staring at the wall] theres just nothing to play. its certainly not me.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Release Astral Chain from it's 30fps Switch jail, you loving cowards!

published by nintendo so probably never going to happen, like bayonetta 2/3 the definitive version will be playing it on PC in an emulator once all the kinks are worked out

nintendos first party studios know how to work within the means of the hardware but ho boy do third parties tend to overshoot it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stux posted:

[lying in bed staring at the wall] theres just nothing to play. its certainly not me.

i've been playing a lot of darktide lately, it's really fun but also buggy as poo poo and could've probably spent another full year in development. also recently i just played through devil may cry 5 for the first time finally and had a good time. for my weekly game sessions with friends i've been doing gloomhaven and it's super loving incredibly good that i wish we could get together more than once a week, or every other week to play it, but we're all adults with adult responsibilities. i also need to get back and finish up tales of monkey island, i dropped off when i got distracted by darktide. also since that witcher 3 patch dropped i'm getting back into that to finally wrap up blood and wine, but the original patch broke some poo poo and they only just put out a patch yesterday or so to fix it so i haven't really got stuck in yet.

anyway, my switch is still collecting dust over by my tv

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 21, 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

plus i've been meaning to revisit sekiro one of these days, it's been a few years at this point which is enough time for me to miss it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

and there's cyberpunk 2077 and half of red dead redemption 2 waiting in the wings for me but i'd rather finish all the stuff already on my plate before i split it out even further

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Cowcaster posted:

i've been playing a lot of darktide lately, it's really fun but also buggy as poo poo and could've probably spent another full year in development. also recently i just played through devil may cry 5 for the first time finally and had a good time. for my weekly game sessions with friends i've been doing gloomhaven and it's super loving incredibly good that i wish we could get together more than once a week, or every other week to play it, but we're all adults with adult responsibilities. i also need to get back and finish up tales of monkey island, i dropped off when i got distracted by darktide. also since that witcher 3 patch dropped i'm getting back into that to finally wrap up blood and wine, but the original patch broke some poo poo and they only just put out a patch yesterday or so to fix it so i haven't really got stuck in yet.

anyway, my switch is still collecting dust over by my tv

Hmm Darktide eh? In that case, try Animal Crossing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also once blood bowl 3's out i think my friends would rather have that running parallel to our gloomhaven stuff rather than one or the other, if it's at all possible time wise, so there's that to look forward to

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

and pizza tower

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

I've just plain developed a disdain for my switch since both the joycons started drifting to the moon and the paid online bullshit kicked in.

Did either of the Doom Eternal campaign DLC's turn out to be any good?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'd say they were all good but they were kind of "weird" balance-wise right when they came out. i think they reworked them a bit but that was after i had played them

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

also recently i just played through devil may cry 5 for the first time finally and had a good time.

unironicallyl astral chain is absoltuely fantastic. u could even emulate it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I've just plain developed a disdain for my switch since both the joycons started drifting to the moon and the paid online bullshit kicked in.

They're great but be aware that the difficulty curve keeps going up from where the main game ended. You might want to drop the difficulty down one notch.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I loved the Doom Eternal DLC's, but they do get pretty intense in that they continue to escalate beyond the hardest stuff in the campaign so keep that in mind (don't expect more of the same level of difficulty, or for it to start slow as a catch-up, you hit the bricks running here). I recall there was some slight controversy around them in some of the design decisions (hammer, boss fights, iron imps, etc), but I had a good time: I think it was only an issue with the 1% armchair designers. Also might've been some bugs, but I think they are ironed out now?

Does anyone have any opinions on Scarlet Nexus? I'm a little interested in it, mainly the psi-ops combat, but I'm curious about it's story/gameplay ratio: it is more of a Code Vein/God Eater anime level where it's mostly gameplay with small/optional chit-chat and scenes inbetween, or is this Xenoblade/Persona anime level where the tutorials never stop and the game takes way too long to get good and just shut up and let you play?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I played through Chained Echoes and it's real good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stux posted:

unironicallyl astral chain is absoltuely fantastic. u could even emulate it

i’ll probably end up getting bayonetta 3 before that just because of brand name recognition tbh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is probably a silly question but how does Elden Ring run on the PC? I'm debating getting it on steam (for the deck as well) but the console versions are on sale and I'm curious if they run better or if the PC issues have been fixed?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

MarcusSA posted:

This is probably a silly question but how does Elden Ring run on the PC? I'm debating getting it on steam (for the deck as well) but the console versions are on sale and I'm curious if they run better or if the PC issues have been fixed?

The PC version runs very well these days. I have a pretty wimpy PC and the game looks great at medium settings. And it'll run on a Deck.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

FutureCop posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on Scarlet Nexus? I'm a little interested in it, mainly the psi-ops combat, but I'm curious about it's story/gameplay ratio: it is more of a Code Vein/God Eater anime level where it's mostly gameplay with small/optional chit-chat and scenes inbetween, or is this Xenoblade/Persona anime level where the tutorials never stop and the game takes way too long to get good and just shut up and let you play?

It's got insufferable anime tropes pouring out of its every hole and the combat system got no animation canceling what so ever. You can't even cancel the recovery of your attacks with a dodge it feels so loving stiff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HopperUK posted:

The PC version runs very well these days. I have a pretty wimpy PC and the game looks great at medium settings. And it'll run on a Deck.

Thanks!

I'm sure it's not going on sale tomorrow but I'll wait and see just incase.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If it does, it'll probably just be like 5-10 dollars off. Which is still worth it, especially since the game is so huge

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Has Steam gotten all the ex-Vita anime games ported to it yet? Cause there's a niche for the Switch if no.

Please Santa I want Demon Gaze II on Steam

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

For those talking about FromSoft games on sale. Isthereanydeal says this is an all-time low.

nm! Price is back to normal, presumably because all the discount keys are gone

Anno fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
About Astlibra: Is there anything more to the exploration than 'go left' and 'go right?' Not that it is a huge problem; it just means that its focus is more on its combat which is pretty alright, but I am not sure if that is what I am looking for currently.