Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

The West is falling behind in the posting race. Western posting has been monopolized by mediocre posters like Elon Musk, who's reach is amplified by his ownership of a platform. Meanwhile in Russia, you've got bloggers announcing claims on the throne.

But have you considered that by owning twitter Musk is on the throne of public opinion, the most important throne of all?

But I do agree in spirit, girkin announcing a counter coup is much more entertaining than regular twitter posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
if you use chatgpt to simulate someones posting is that a syq

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OctaMurk posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The throne is the most devious trap of them all

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Thought he might change out of war aesthetic, but I was wrong.

https://twitter.com/amichaistein1/status/1605630777856770048?s=46&t=MIvS5vEa8Gfr70YrQPjQ3w

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is he seeking sanctuary ??

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

the US isn’t gonna tolerate a puppet that won’t follow orders, he’d need to flee to china or russia if he wants political asylum from azov

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

OctaMurk posted:

I don’t want to post the most recent one because it was getting uncanny.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

euphronius posted:

He'll share a bunk with the Dali Lhama.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cpt_Obvious posted:

He'll share a bunk with the Dali Lhama.

worst roommate ever (zelensky)

just snorting coke and demanding aid money all night. sad!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

terrorist ? what did he do, blow up a pipeline ?

He was convicted for blowing up flight mh17.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

euphronius posted:

not yet, but he'll probably check out a few arlington properties while he's here

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

I’m just glad someone is starting to understand the law now compared to how it was incorrectly described at first.

Bad law still bad but in more nuanced and insidious ways isn't owning anyone.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

lmao no, if it's so similar that mods are able to tell who it's mimicking, I'll just be impressed.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Makes sense why Zelenskey has come to the states to beg for more supplies, reporting is that the aid shipments that NATO (the US) have been sending to Ukraine are getting smaller and smaller over the last months, and a greater degree of what is being announced as aid shipments is supplies that will be delivered some theoretical time in the future because it doesn't exist right now.

I kind of wonder looking back if the reason Trump was raising this point of NATO countries not doing their share was because he was told by his military advisors that this proxy war with Russia was on the horizon and that the US was going to be footing the bill effectively by themselves since all of the NATO allies are useless paper militaries with like a week's worth of supplies in the event of any real conflict.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Majorian posted:

lmao no, if it's so similar that mods are able to tell who it's mimicking, I'll just be impressed.

The OpenAI people have deliberately made it worse in the past two weeks so now it will not respond to prompts to imitate a writing sample and also it writes in a more formulaic, artificial, and easier to spot way.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

The Dall-e service refuses to produce presidential satire for me. The only living former president that it will do is Carter, poor guy.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

mlmp08 posted:

When people post clear and substantive falsehoods that confirm their personal biases, a lot of people ITT get very annoyed if someone points out that it was just a lazy bullshit or fantastical misrepresentation of reality.

You think you'd stop doing it eventually then

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Suggestions for tweaking the model?

More passive aggressive

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

c’mon. your NEVEr wrong.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
oh cool i wonder what's next in Zelensky's wild ride. Maybe he'll just start going on about the need to purge undesirables and everyone can clap because now purging undesirables is heroic. Looking forward to the content.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
also he looks like a little fat manlet and i could punch his face right off

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joe is barely 6 feet tall

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Looks like he's about to be awarded a medal for overcoming adversity

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

please dont gently caress up dulles for me please dont gently caress up dulles for me

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Looks like he's about to be awarded a medal for overcoming adversity

Russians are the greatest adversity any of us have to deal with in life.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

this is an adam sandler character

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Lostconfused posted:

Russians are the greatest adversity any of us have to deal with in life.

For me it's diarrhea

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CheburekiMan/status/1605282376502104064

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Empire's Ally: Canada and the War in Afghanistan

The war in Afghanistan has been a major policy commitment and central undertaking of the Canadian state since 2001: Canada has been a leading force in the war, and has spent hundreds of millions of dollars on aid and reconstruction. After a decade of conflict, however, there is considerable debate about the efficacy of the mission, as well as calls to reassess Canada's role in the conflict. An authoritative and strongly analytical work, Empire's Ally provides a much-needed critical investigation into one of the most polarizing events of our time.

This collection draws on new primary evidence - including government documents, think tank and NGO reports, international media files, and interviews in Afghanistan - to provide context for Canadian foreign policy, to offer critical perspectives on the war itself, and to link the conflict to broader issues of political economy, international relations, and Canada's role on the world stage. Spanning academic and public debates, Empire's Ally opens a new line of argument on why the mission has entered a stage of crisis.

:thunk:

He may have a point

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MINI VLAD

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Shoigu’s speech says various things, but a couple that struck me were his statements that Russia needed to build new reserves of artillery capabilities and that the combination of privatization from 2008-2012 and the results of the SMO showed that Russia lacked sufficient repair and refit logistical capability. As a result, looking to build new repair facilities next year and bolster maintenance units. Also a desire to raise the max age for conscription to 30 over time.

Other stuff according to Shoigu: Also said 250,000 Russian troops have seen combat during the SMO, that all military objectives for 2022 have been met, and the combat capability of the Russian military raised by 13% during 2022. Plus 150,00 youths trained via military-patriotic Avangard training centers.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

biden's giving zelenskyy how much money and he can't even dress up to meet him?? wear a fuckin suit it's the white house

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

the guy really couldn't have put on a loving tie huh

e:fb but seriously he looks like a rich failson that got dragged out of a xan binge to brunch with his parents

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1605650195726929936?t=lqF1CgbE4VsDVREAgKrLfg&s=19

Newsmax host rightly furious about this casual attire

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mlmp08 posted:

the combat capability of the Russian military raised by 13% during 2022.

sounds like one of those numbers that sounds precise so people don't question it but actually is completely made up. wow, more than twelve percent but definitely less than 14 percent. thank you sergei.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

volodymyr zelenskyy looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his green shirt before the president. very very disrespectful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
imagine if volodomyr zelensky ahd worn a tan suit