Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

prom candy posted:

Elden Ring is GOTY and it isn't close

Hmmmmmm. It's great but have you played pentiment? Doesn't sound like you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The Illusive Man posted:

No shooting feels great when streaming, OP

Get better internet

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is there a good way to automate the edge/mobile search stuff for rewards? I have a folder for my daily bing stuff in chrome, but the actual poking involved with the mobile daily set I always forget/ignore.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Seltzer posted:

Hmmmmmm. It's great but have you played pentiment? Doesn't sound like you have.

Is it actually fun to play? The trailer looked like lots of narrative but not a lot of gameplay. Nothing against narrative games but they're not really my thing, I'm more of a pressing lots of buttons guy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There’s a handful of lil mini-games but yeah it’s 95% walking around and walking to people

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Escobarbarian posted:

There’s a handful of lil mini-games but yeah it’s 95% walking around and walking to people

There is a 0% chance I'll like that better than Elden Ring.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s not as good as Elden Ring

it is really really god damned good thought

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s not as good as Elden Ring

it is really really god damned good thought

Normally I'd be pretty hesitant to try something like this but thanks to the glory and magic of Game Pass I'll give it a go

acksplode
May 17, 2004

webmeister posted:

:shrug: that's the beauty of Gamepass though. Try a game, if it sucks then hit da bricks

i think everyone would agree that there's dozens of games they would've never played if not for GP

I don't have an xbox *ducks* so stats are low bc this is only capturing what I play on PC game pass. But Tunic is my not-elden-ring GOTY and I likely would've overlooked it without game pass. Blessed service.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

Huxley posted:

Is there a good way to automate the edge/mobile search stuff for rewards? I have a folder for my daily bing stuff in chrome, but the actual poking involved with the mobile daily set I always forget/ignore.
I’ve been using the ABS aka Automated Bing Search plugin for chrome for a few years. It spoofs mobile searches pretty nicely.

But I just checked the chrome plugin store and it’s gone, guess it worked too well, you can find it on GitHub here:
https://github.com/gaby/ABS

You’d have to sideload it or something now and I’m not sure about how to do that exactly, but I’m vouching for this specific plug-in as it works really well and fast, good luck getting it working!

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I got spooked when the ABS and bot people started getting their accounts banned. I haven't heard of any in a while but I just set up folders or searches like "upcoming movies" and click through that bar of results in 10 seconds.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
Yeah me too but I haven’t been banned (yet) and recently cashed in about 400 dollars in Amazon gift cards, so there’s my anecdotal evidence!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
https://twitter.com/PostUp_bbb/status/1605274379797123091

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Tunic rules

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
the combat is fun, but after i got through the frog dungeon and got the grappling hook i couldn't figure out where i was supposed to go or what anything does and after going through the same areas a half dozen times without making any progress i just quit

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

butt dickus posted:

the combat is fun, but after i got through the frog dungeon and got the grappling hook i couldn't figure out where i was supposed to go or what anything does and after going through the same areas a half dozen times without making any progress i just quit
imo you should have used the grappling hook to access previously inaccessible areas, allowing you to continue exploring

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

butt dickus posted:

I got stuck once already and just loaded up a walkthrough to help me find the next spot. Not my favourite thing to do but sometimes in this type of game I'm too dumb to figure out what's next and need a little hint.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Martman posted:

imo you should have used the grappling hook to access previously inaccessible areas, allowing you to continue exploring
i did that, but ran out of new places to get to, or am just too stupid to know what to do in some areas. i've been to a bunch of places that i don't know what to do and i have no idea what anything in my inventory does except for the obvious things, sword, shield, grappling hook, firecrackers and i seem to remember finding a magic wand thing but it used up my magic really quick. it's been long enough that i'd probably just start over if i tried again

acksplode
May 17, 2004

butt dickus posted:

i did that, but ran out of new places to get to, or am just too stupid to know what to do in some areas. i've been to a bunch of places that i don't know what to do and i have no idea what anything in my inventory does except for the obvious things, sword, shield, grappling hook, firecrackers and i seem to remember finding a magic wand thing but it used up my magic really quick. it's been long enough that i'd probably just start over if i tried again

You'll want to take a look at pages 34 and maybe 18 of your manual

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Its real good, but it the combination of tough battles and clever puzzles gets exhausting. I eventually turned on easy mode and looked up a guide and some of those button combinations from the holy cross are ridiculous

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

There comes a point where you realise you've stopped playing a Zelda w/ souls influenced action adventure and are playing a puzzler in the vein of The Witness. Easy mode seems like it would be good for those who just want the latter.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

the rat fandom posted:

Its real good, but it the combination of tough battles and clever puzzles gets exhausting. I eventually turned on easy mode and looked up a guide and some of those button combinations from the holy cross are ridiculous

That reminds me of playing FEZ years ago. It was filled with puzzles that were challenging but not too hard. The most fun was figuring out the alien language.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't like everyone posting their video game stats. There is now a ton of evidence that I play way to many video games.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
The souls-ish combat in Tunic got on my loving nerves. To my mind, you can be about the puzzles or you can be about the combat. If you're trying to be about both, then you're just making it obnoxious to do all the traversal you need to do to solve the mystery. I wrapped the whole thing up and I'm glad I played it, but I couldn't help but feel disappointed in how annoying wide swaths of the game were because of the combat (and garbage like enemies sniping you from way the gently caress offscreen, etc.).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I don't like everyone posting their video game stats. There is now a ton of evidence that I play way to many video games.

Really these things should start equivocating your time spent to actual accomplishments.

"You spent 7000 hours playing the Forza series. Had you done that with a real car, you would be a competitive racer today."

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

univbee posted:

Really these things should start equivocating your time spent to actual accomplishments.

"You spent 7000 hours playing the Forza series. Had you done that with a real car, you would be a competitive racer today."

160 hours playing WWE 2K22? You might be depressed!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

160 hours playing WWE 2K22? You might be depressed!

If you weren't before you sure would be after!

Xpforr
Sep 7, 2022

Honestly, outriders is not that good. I’d play elden ring, but I never liked the sekiro/bloodsouls stuff.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
time spent doing something you enjoy is not time wasted, hth everybody

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Agreed, which is why every chance you get you should be playing Vampire Survivors. Phil had the right idea all along.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Outriders is weird, I start playing it and say "hm this kind of sucks" and yet still put a fair amount of time into it. It seemed to do the loot progression thing pretty well as far as those type of games do.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think I have a bad allergy to cover shooters. Without that I think outrider would tickle my arpg brain.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

priznat posted:

Outriders is weird, I start playing it and say "hm this kind of sucks" and yet still put a fair amount of time into it. It seemed to do the loot progression thing pretty well as far as those type of games do.

Outriders was fun when levelling (aside from the constant crashes and DCs that came at launch) and so it was devastating to find out that the endgame was based around doing maps as quickly as possible which meant that at a certain point many builds and even entire classes were unviable and would get you kicked.

I did hear they changed that but by that point everyone had moved on.

Xpforr
Sep 7, 2022

Soul Glo posted:

time spent doing something you enjoy is not time wasted, hth everybody

Is this a review for the division 2? Because I need something to waste time between now and when MH:rise comes out.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm almost done with Lawn Mowing Simulator, just some expert challenges left. Someone said they were extremely hard so now I gotta go and beat them to prove him wrong. :getin:

Next up is PAYDAY 2, and hoo boy do people have a lot of opinions about that game.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Kirios posted:

Agreed, which is why every chance you get you should be playing Vampire Survivors. Phil had the right idea all along.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
The biggest issue I have with Tunic is that the wayfinding is kinda lovely. It's really easy to miss doors out of a room for example.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Next up is PAYDAY 2, and hoo boy do people have a lot of opinions about that game.

It's a fun game but it's also been around forever and matchmaking nowadays with the people still playing it is probably terrible. Playing it solo as a new person is also not the greatest. It was probably my favorite game of 2013 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Xpforr posted:

Is this a review for the division 2? Because I need something to waste time between now and when MH:rise comes out.

div2 is a fine video game, you shoot mans and purple loot drops