Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

he cant keep getting away with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Perfect Potato posted:

oh god woolie spending 20 minutes reading one single Mordin shadow broker note and inventing new incorrect lore about him and the genophage

His heart will break when Mordin dies later on.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The thrilling conclusion to the Wifi Warrior Pat arc
https://twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1603881739985747968

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Wow, Woolie even used Luke to do it.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
"You only won cause I'm on WiFi."

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm going to enjoy the second-hand copium next podcast.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
That's in Pat's wired office for streaming, not his wifi main house, right?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I think he streamed some matches wired to create a baseline for comparison and then went inside to do the wifi fighting nonsense.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Brightman posted:

I think he streamed some matches wired to create a baseline for comparison and then went inside to do the wifi fighting nonsense.

Woolie's verdict was "Perfect, with two tiny hiccups caught by rollback netcode anyway."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm glad Woolie decided once again that Pat is one of the Good Ones.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

watching pat play dorfs is genuinely depressing, he's just having a breakdown

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 17, 2022

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What, he’s doing it again?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
It's up on YouTube now. He really wants to get it but the goblins (the ones in his head, not the ones in-game) were preventing that.

I think he was sorta close, like he wanted it to be more like an rts but mostly he wasn't seeing things get done. I missed the first half but he wasn't clearing alerts/notifications and that might've helped as new poo poo popping up would've been more obvious. He might be able to defeat this goblin eventually but it's a doozy so maybe not.

He might have more luck when adventurer mode comes out.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

How mad do you think he's going to be when he realizes he can't romance that robot?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He likes joker, right? He'll be a good wingman, I'm sure.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Whoa did Woolie move over the weekend? I went to see the clips of the podcast as I usually do and that's one wildly different profile shot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He is with family, he only did friday sf6 and then had to leave immediately.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

How mad do you think he's going to be when he realizes he can't romance that robot?

Not nearly as funny as the incoming storm that is Tali and Liara fighting as Red romanced them both.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
They are going to mark out two more times:

1) When they first meet Javik

2) When they realize just how loving racist Javik is

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Wait haven't they been playing this for weeks?? And they haven't met javik???!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

beep by grandpa posted:

They made ff6 99 hours

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

They hovered over the Javik recruit mission but spent an hour speculating based on the mission blurb what it could mean + where to go with romances and had to end the stream before going in.

I am joking, however I don't doubt that what I said is partially real.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

beep by grandpa posted:

I think they've done three streams? They spent a lot of time trying to figure out which bits of the codex they've read before and which has new content. The last big thing they did was the Priority: Palaven mission. I'm sure someone will tell Woolie they need to go to Eden Prime next before they do anything else.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Chat was telling him to do Eden Prime before anything else so hopefully he listens.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Yeah, it's been a lot of codex time. Which to be fair, the game updates a lot of the codex and planet descriptions for 3.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Pennsylvanian posted:

Yeah, it's been a lot of codex time. Which to be fair, the game updates a lot of the codex and planet descriptions for 3.

Pretty funny that most of the updated planet descriptions are various flavours of, "The Reapers invaded and killed everyone."

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Woolie got to the end of Bayonetta 3

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Woolie got to the end of Bayonetta 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

e: god this whole endboss/ending sequence is unbearable in so many ways, the stuff with luka is the least of it

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 22, 2022

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I've finally Gotten Into Fighting games thanks to Woolie, namely Strive and MK11. I'm now watching woolie's MK11 playthrough and his reactions to how much of a jobber Khan has become are priceless.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

e: god this whole endboss/ending sequence is unbearable in so many ways, the stuff with luka is the least of it

I can turn off my brain to the multiverse bs where all the characters that should be super cool job to absolutely nothing villains and just enjoy the cool parts of it. When you put the loving Viola and Luka stuff after the army of bayos and the TripleBayo stuff it just makes me so loving mad.

Viola sucks to play as compared to Bayonetta is what I find the biggest root of everything. A lovely multiverse story without all the DMC5 aping would've been so much better. I'd even bump the game up one whole point if I could replay the Viola sections as Bayonetta after beating the game, because then I'd be interested in 100%ing the game.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
and the strider design sucks. it sucks! it's too busy and that stupid butterfly cape's physics are busted and ruin the model's silhouette

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
It's mildly impressive that after years of people wanting Bayo 3, the biggest reaction I've seen from it are fans going, "okay, yeah, I think I'm good now."

Which makes that upcoming Bayonetta Origin game extra funny

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Someone key me in on the gay 9/11 thing.

Also Pat’s apparently doing Rimworld right now so that’s going to be a fun disaster.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Warbird posted:

Someone key me in on the gay 9/11 thing.

Also Pat’s apparently doing Rimworld right now so that’s going to be a fun disaster.

The short of it
Viola's parents are Bayonetta and Luka from the universe that dies in the start of the game. The end of the game is the Bayonetta you've been playing as, and her Luka, sacrificing themselves to save Viola and admitting their love, sharing a kiss.

It just hits extra hard to Gay 9/11 status after how the game builds up to it.

Shinji2015 posted:

It's mildly impressive that after years of people wanting Bayo 3, the biggest reaction I've seen from it are fans going, "okay, yeah, I think I'm good now."

Which makes that upcoming Bayonetta Origin game extra funny

The origin game is such a loving miss. I was kinda excited for it! I played that preview that they put in Bayo 3 and I really like the aesthetics and gameplay! I thought "I'll pay 20 for a full version, I will" But they want loving 60 dollars, and then they showed Cheshire is in it, meaning this is specifically Viola's mom Bayonetta so even if it was like a 30 hour game that escalates that indie look and gameplay super good, I would want to play it less than a 5 hour experience because this storybook is heading somewhere I really don't wanna see.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 22, 2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MorningMoon posted:

The origin game is such a loving miss. I was kinda excited for it! I played that preview that they put in Bayo 3 and I really like the aesthetics and gameplay! I thought "I'll pay 20 for a full version, I will" But they want loving 60 dollars, and then they showed Cheshire is in it, meaning this is specifically Viola's mom Bayonetta so even if it was like a 30 hour game that escalates that indie look and gameplay super good, I would want to play it less than a 5 hour experience because this storybook is heading somewhere I really don't wanna see.

lol 60 dollars for THAT?!?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Pat mentioned it was something like 91 Canadian monies when they were talking about it and just

god drat Platinum what are y'all thinking

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
they watched DMC 5's cutscenes and avengers endgame and went "oh we can do that" without getting why anyone liked either of those things

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man, as basic as steam df's visuals are, I still like them way more than rimworld's aesthetic, can barely stomach looking at rimworld for more than a minute. how did pat feel about it?

edit: skimmed around a bit and hopped right to a point where he was like "oh I definitely like rimworld better than dwarf fortress" so I guess that's that. a chat comment made a good point that they were able to more easily handle df after playing rimworld for a long time, so that might be a better way in to df for him.

df is just the most fascinating thing and every few posts is an incredible tale of failure or hilarious catastrophe in the df thread ever since the steam release. it'd be great if he could ever get to that point, but I guess it's not for him.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
what gets me is how Platinum basically cheated to put Viola in the driver’s seat. the contrast to Nero is obvious - people weren’t to hot on him at the start either but at least there was never any doubt he was the scrappy upstart to Dante’s seasoned professional, and his stripped-down gameplay matched his inexperience while still being satisfying. Viola sucks to play by most accounts, she’s a pratfalling schmuck outside of combat, and Bayo 3 plays her up by drastically lowering the established protagonists’ competence whenever possible. this does not endear her to the audience very well!