Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

do they do make a wish for dudes in their 40s? we should let euph meet his hero joker this christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thanks for the thought but I’ll have to pass

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

thanks for the thought but I’ll have to pass

but you hate passing

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005
https://twitter.com/NBA_University/status/1605599968181379072

much to think about...

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

drat, Jokic and Embiid are both frauds

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

but you hate passing

it’s the move valuable skill so by definition I love it

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

euphronius posted:

tyrese Halliburton mvp

How the gently caress do you trade him for nothing.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I think it's really great that jokic is such a mvp to the point that he induces prodromal schizophrenia in philly and boston fans

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 21, 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

typical western “rational mind “ diagnosism

your world view was roundly rejected in the hit movie Avatar way of the water

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ex post facho posted:

and boston fans

Whoa whoa whoa do NOT bring us into this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jalen duren looks pretty good physically

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Sixers television people are going through Slomo highlights of PJ Tucker back screens and I’m in heaven

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bagley guarding Joel embiid is not going well

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

more evidence Halliburton is the secret mvp ??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Harden has been amazing tonight. makes you think when healthy he can still be a great player

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

"when healthy" is doing some heavy lifting there. he's 33 and has a history of not taking care of his body properly. it's a minor medical miracle he's playing as well as he is at 33

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wish I would have seen more of him in his prime in Houston

he’s exactly like how I would play if I uh was much taller faster and stronger and more coordinated

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

he’s exactly like how I would party if I uh was much taller richer and charming and more famous

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

euphronius posted:

wish I would have seen more of him in his prime in Houston

No you don't, he played completely differently, it was agonizingly slow and he broke the game so bad they had to change the rules. It was not a fun style of basketball to watch.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Foul baiting is the ultimate evolution of the modern NBA.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

euphronius posted:

more evidence Halliburton is the secret mvp ??

Tyrese is really good and could definitely be an MVP player soon. I'd argue if Indy pulls a rabbit out of a hat and somehow gets a top 5 seed he might even have a case this year.

He makes everyone around him better and is also a top tier self-creator, but probably needs to either score a bit more or elevate his defensive game to be an MVP!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/1605441930741121024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Telluric Whistler posted:

but probably needs to either score a bit more or elevate his defensive game to be an MVP!

no I don’t think that is the case at all

I think if he were taller that would help. being tall + passing is the game breaker. hell it’s breaking the entire league.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:eyepop:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Bucks and Celtics are also losing by embarrassing amounts atm but not THAT badly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

duren and ivey are going to be really good

duren needs to learn how to pass but I think he can

good draft by Detroit

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

loquacius posted:

The Bucks and Celtics are also losing by embarrassing amounts atm but not THAT badly

the celtics look awful recently lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bagley seems to have the tools

I wonder why he can’t quite get it together. he’s a little short and slow I guess but not really

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

hachi machi

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

euphronius posted:

no I don’t think that is the case at all

I think if he were taller that would help. being tall + passing is the game breaker. hell it’s breaking the entire league.

Good point. I think he'll be stuck in the Chris Paul zone, which makes sense because he is taller than Chris Paul but not taller than some other basketball players.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Charlotte sucks, and so does ball.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

euphronius posted:

typical western “rational mind “ diagnosism

your world view was roundly rejected in the hit movie Avatar way of the water

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

loquacius posted:

gonna just type "white people shooting" into Youtube and see what the algorithm gives me, and take a big gulp of water as I hit "search"
Subcribe to Luka Dončić!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Femur posted:

How the gently caress do you trade him for nothing.

Sabonis for Halliburton was a win-win trade for both teams. Both players are all star caliber this year. Sabonis is like a high rent Jokic and Fox has been unleashed now that he's not competing with another high usage guard. Also the Kings got to get rid of their god awful Buddy Hield contract and finally have size/rebounding to show for it

Pacers meanwhile get to build around arguably the best young pg in the league and set up young talent like Nembhard and Mathurin for success

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

In the past 11 games the nuggets have played the rockets twice, the Jazz, wizards, lakers, hornets, and blazers.

they’ve played 4 good teams and beat one of them.

The Nuggets beat the Grizzlies, Blazers (on the road with Lillard scoring 40/11), and Jazz in their recent 5-1 stretch without MPJ but nice try

lol

a new study bible! posted:

West:

Clippers
Warriors
Wolves
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Mavericks
Suns
Lakers

Nuggets
Kings
Blazers
Rockets
Thunder
Jazz
Spurs

euphronius posted:

id flip grizzle’s and the suns but I think that is right

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 22, 2022

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
it’s true that the nuggets have played vs overall the worst teams of anyone but strength of schedule doesn’t take into account home/away. they only started a long homestand the other day, they had played the most road games of anyone before it (now they’re still in first but it’s tied).

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

So far I feel like I nailed my Cavs, Nets, and Nuggets predictions, but I feel dumb with how much I underrated the Grizzlies, Pelicans, and Kings. Looks like I overrated the Wolves the most

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yossarian-22 posted:

The Nuggets beat the Grizzlies, Blazers (on the road with Lillard scoring 40/11), and Jazz in their recent 5-1 stretch without MPJ but nice try

the blazers and Jazz are bad teams

lol at pretending it’s still the first two weeks of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

the Blazers will still make the play in at least, but that’s because the West has 4 (four) teams actively trying to be worst in the league compared to the east’s 1 (one).