Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Can't believe warhammer stole chainsaw weapons from gears of war smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

emprah why. why did you give me a really good version of the bad ripper gun. why

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A beast of nurgle just noclipped me to my doom walking forward. Didn't even attack, I just fell through a map hit a ledge and died. I also keep clipping into walls

skaianDestiny posted:

Victory screen.

Ah alright

e: Also I haven't seen a weapon that's not an autogun, axe, or lasgun in the store for weeks. I've never seen a flamer. Please Emperor my zealot is your special boy

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 22, 2022

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Getting weakspot kills on poxwalkers is way too finicky. I got a good axe with Brutal Momentum on it and even lopping off heads left and right the perk only seems to pop randomly. Why you gotta do this to me, game?!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Okay so I asked some code divers and apparently all crit chance stuff is additive, not multiplicative. So good to know.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This is twice now the game just hasn't rendered the Demonhost model until it's instantkilling someone

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
It's wild that my favourite Zealot loadout so far has been a Trutolsky Mk. IX Heavy Sword and a Locke Mk. IIb Boltgun. It Just Works.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I feel like shotgunners and gunners both need a balance pass as they feel a bit too strong for how common they are, especially if more than one of them shows up

S.J.
May 19, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

I feel like shotgunners and gunners both need a balance pass as they feel a bit too strong for how common they are, especially if more than one of them shows up

I don't even remember the last time I saw a shotgunner show up in less than pairs

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Not to wander in and ask a dumb question but why are a lot of the recent reviews complaining about a shop? Did they add micro transactions or something?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

Not to wander in and ask a dumb question but why are a lot of the recent reviews complaining about a shop? Did they add micro transactions or something?

Like 2 weeks ago for outfits, yeah

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Reinstalled the game pass version because I heard it was better now and holy gently caress it runs like 3x better than it did at launch and at higher settings. Why the gently caress did they launch that version Fatshark what are you doing

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

How are you supposed to deal with Ragers as a Zealot with an Eviscerator? Nothing I do seems to stun them, so I just trade hits and hope for the best. Turns out that doesn't really work when you're fighting three of them plus a horde.

I know the thunder hammer isn't popular in this thread, but an activated light shot will do 50-70% of a rager's health on Malice and knock them down. An activated heavy shot will one shot them. A charge plus activated light shot should one shot as well.

Chainswords make vroom vroom noises and kill groaners faster, I guess, but if you're struggling with elites, that's kind of the hammer niche.

Edit: The hammer also works well in mixed hordes. You heavy swing and ragdoll any poxwalkers off to the side, the mass of the elite will typically stop the swing. You activate the hammer and bonk them, which is a quick thing. You dodge or move into the space cleared by the initial heavy swing. Then repeat. Sure, an eviscerator might kill a few more poxwalkers, but then what? You're revving up and getting stuck on this rager for four or five seconds as you chainsaw it twice?

litany of gulps fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 22, 2022

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

You know. Money

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Shotgunners are run enders if you don't prevent them from getting shots off, your toughness will disappear from across the map, they at least won't shoot through their own guys unlike Skaven.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

As a Zealot, shotgunners are my bane. They gently caress me up so hard

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
The worst part of Shotgunners is the part where they're total jokes on Malice and below so when you first start off you learn you can leave them till later but suddenly on Heresy they just completely shred you, which is a very rude awakening.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Insert name here posted:

The worst part of Shotgunners is the part where they're total jokes on Malice and below so when you first start off you learn you can leave them till later but suddenly on Heresy they just completely shred you, which is a very rude awakening.

Yes! I was telling a buddy about this yesterday. Malice for me is mostly sprinting toward shooters so they stop being annoying, but heresy is me hiding behind cover like I’m saving private Ryan. Gunners and shotgunners do not gently caress around anymore. I’ve had at least two heresy runs aborted by a shotgunner spawning behind me and wasting me.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the main reason i use the stubber over the ripper guns is the stubber can CC the flocks of 6 shotgunners that like to spawn on heresy difficulty while you slowly chew through them. if they get any opening and hit you dead on with their spread they can down you insanely fast even as an ogryn

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

BizarroAzrael posted:

Yeah, I figured Diamantine was gated to higher difficulties as I've started new characters. Unfortunately I've hit a wall since I can't improve my gear much with the resources I have.
I'm in that situation where I can't get Plasteel fast enough, I have an increasing collection of grey/green/blue items I'd like to get great blessings on but lack of Plasteel ( and Diamantine to a lesser extent now I'm running Heresy ) is harshing my vibe.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The big weakness of the Thunder Hammer is it just isn't as satisfying to do one superbop as it is to take an axe and bring it down over and over and over until the bad guy stops moving

It owns otherwise. I stomped a demonhost with one lmao (invisible until it attacked us again!)

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

The big weakness of the Thunder Hammer is it just isn't as satisfying to do one superbop as it is to take an axe and bring it down over and over and over until the bad guy stops moving

It owns otherwise. I stomped a demonhost with one lmao (invisible until it attacked us again!)

I feel exactly the opposite, I love my massive bop. Repeated axe chops do feel pretty great though.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The biggest issue with the Thunderhammer is that a charged heavy swing only hits the first target and then stops. The charged Eviscirator goes through. The new Crusher maul goes through.

And they really should let us buy resources for credits. They seemingly bumped up the drop rate and it wasn't enough. So yeah, add more or whatever, but what else are we going to do with credits?

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Internet Explorer posted:

The biggest issue with the Thunderhammer is that a charged heavy swing only hits the first target and then stops. The charged Eviscirator goes through. The new Crusher maul goes through.

And the biggest issue with the charged eviscerator and the crusher is that they don't instantly kill anything they hit. But really, unless you're trying to brain a crusher, you typically just activated light attack most things with a thunder hammer and they die. The charged heavy attack is a red herring. You mostly don't need that much damage, and if you do, you get it from a charge + activated light rather than the much more awkward activated heavy attack, which is typically reserved for huge enemies.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

And they really should let us buy resources for credits. They seemingly bumped up the drop rate and it wasn't enough. So yeah, add more or whatever, but what else are we going to do with credits?

The new crusher maul is hilarious fun even if the damage doesn't seem so high, just being able to do a big swing and knock down entire hordes with enough stun that you can then safely charge and do it again.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

litany of gulps posted:

I know the thunder hammer isn't popular in this thread, but an activated light shot will do 50-70% of a rager's health on Malice and knock them down. An activated heavy shot will one shot them. A charge plus activated light shot should one shot as well.

Chainswords make vroom vroom noises and kill groaners faster, I guess, but if you're struggling with elites, that's kind of the hammer niche.

Edit: The hammer also works well in mixed hordes. You heavy swing and ragdoll any poxwalkers off to the side, the mass of the elite will typically stop the swing. You activate the hammer and bonk them, which is a quick thing. You dodge or move into the space cleared by the initial heavy swing. Then repeat. Sure, an eviscerator might kill a few more poxwalkers, but then what? You're revving up and getting stuck on this rager for four or five seconds as you chainsaw it twice?

Chainswords feel more cool and fun to my little pea brain that just wants to go brrr on a bunch of zombies and feel like a small space marine.

Also I don't have a good thunder hammer yet

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

Chainswords feel more cool and fun to my little pea brain that just wants to go brrr on a bunch of zombies and feel like a small space marine.

Also I don't have a good thunder hammer yet

That's totally fair, but don't buy into the narrative that the eviscerator is the only weapon worth using. Any weapon will chop up zombies, but as you have seen, the issues start to come up with how you deal with everything else.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Feel like this guy's head should not be considered carapace armored anymore.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

litany of gulps posted:

And the biggest issue with the charged eviscerator and the crusher is that they don't instantly kill anything they hit. But really, unless you're trying to brain a crusher, you typically just activated light attack most things with a thunder hammer and they die. The charged heavy attack is a red herring. You mostly don't need that much damage, and if you do, you get it from a charge + activated light rather than the much more awkward activated heavy attack, which is typically reserved for huge enemies.

My eviscerator is one shotting the specials at least in Heresy with its special. I think if I can get one with better stats and traits it can def do the same to ragers.

I love charging to a elite/mob with my weapon all revved up and grinding the fucker up.

Thunder Hammer does the job faster I agree but I find it its easier to deal with hordes with the eviscerator.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vargs posted:

Feel like this guy's head should not be considered carapace armored anymore.

is he going to be ok

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah he's on the Nurgle Health Plan

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

boredsatellite posted:

My eviscerator is one shotting the specials at least in Heresy with its special. I think if I can get one with better stats and traits it can def do the same to ragers.

I love charging to a elite/mob with my weapon all revved up and grinding the fucker up.

Thunder Hammer does the job faster I agree but I find it its easier to deal with hordes with the eviscerator.

I mean sure, but I was responding to someone who said that their eviscerator wasn't doing the job. If your problem is the strong melee enemies, then maybe picking the right weapon for the job is the best approach. Personally, I mostly just shoot stuff with my goddamn near perfect Mark 12 lasgun, which deletes everything I look at. You don't need a perfect roll on a thunder hammer for it to do its job. It won't annihilate 12 poxwalkers in a swing, it does 2-3 every swing, regardless of stats. It'll also kill just about anything while activated - light or heavy attack and regardless of stats. That's kind of a thing with the hammer. You don't need a high shredder stat. It just kind of does the job. I used a lovely low rating hammer for a long time, and it did the job. I have a better one now, but it isn't that much different. The uncharged shots throw trash enemies. The charged shots kill what they hit. That's it.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Phlegmish posted:

How are you supposed to deal with Ragers as a Zealot with an Eviscerator? Nothing I do seems to stun them, so I just trade hits and hope for the best. Turns out that doesn't really work when you're fighting three of them plus a horde.

Swap to Bolter, three rounds and done.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

They are both strong and handsome weapons

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If you didn't have to pull the charging handle on the bolter when you swapped to it I would love the bolter. But it doesn't fit my Adderall fueled maximum effort zealot ideal of all gas no heretics. The infantry lasgun works well for this play style where I can quick swap to it to perforate something that's beyond chainsword and charge distance. It's no where near as cool as the bolter and I constantly think of that when I quick swap to it and dome a special and has an equivalent of 450 other shots in reserve compared to 75 like the alternatives. It's 900 total ammo and each shot takes 2, I love it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The braced autogun absolutely annihilates ragers

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Saw a eviscerator in the shop with 2% in the shredder stat, using the special action would do low double digit damage.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

you'll varlets don't even smoke obscura

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I just noticed a bug where my Veteran's Kantreal total ammo count is displaying incorrectly. Rolled one that has a high ammo count (something like 128/850) but when loaded up in the mission it drops to something like 128/160. Firing a bit and reloading caused it to jump up to the high-900s or so and picking up ammo would have it drop to the mid-100s again. I think whats happening is the UI can't display a four-digit ammo reserve number so it only shows the first three, but drat if that wasn't confusing as hell for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Spanish Manlove posted:

If you didn't have to pull the charging handle on the bolter when you swapped to it I would love the bolter.

They changed the animation now. You either just lug it into position since it's heavy or you do an HK slap on the charging handle.