Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, the real meta joke there was what Steve stated, he really could have used Roger to deal with all of this cosmic bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like the license plate jokes!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Haha, that was great. I love when they just go completely off the track.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Jeff reading the "How to Not Look Stupid" book upside down was a great gag.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I thought it was a little on the nose tbh

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Just call me Sketonius H. Bone-man!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:siren: New American Dad Christmas Episode Tomorrow :siren:

The upcoming finale will be inspired by the classic character The Grinch, but with an American Dad! twist. When Roger discovers he’s been left out of a holiday-themed orgy he makes an unexpectedly terrifying transformation into the Grounch.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

:ohdearsass:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the episode with Nemo and it is funny how on the Vatican's excommunicated list under Jared from Subway there's a drawing of Seth MacFarlane.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like how all the zoo workers were just super high.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Joseph's massive hog and the Three Wise Men circle jerk.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
this show was aware about furries pretty early on in its run, wasn't it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Of course Barry's parents were at the orgy.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Reginald is alive :argh:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

apple cider vinegar sucks so much

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Neeksy posted:

this show was aware about furries pretty early on in its run, wasn't it

Yup, the earliest reference I can think of is in season 3, when Stan and Bullock go to a furry con when they're trying to find someone for Bullock to date.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I loved that Francine was stirring an empty bowl again.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

The song turning into a treatise on fair use is my favorite part of this sequence so far.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Jeans?

Jeans!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Jeans!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I mean, it makes sense seeing as that was the giant jeans message in its episode.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

"I'm taking a month off of work, and not just to play animal crossing this time" Stan was extremely relatable to me in this moment.

His favorite villager has got to be Apollo.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I liked when Snot talked about Francine's alcoholism and her reply was just to burp.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Klaus is so supportive!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"You're a piece of poo poo, Mr. Grounch."

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

This is the least hosed-up Christmas they've ever had.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milo and POTUS posted:

Klaus is so supportive!

He takes his job of emotional support animal VERY seriously.

Neeksy posted:

This is the least hosed-up Christmas they've ever had.

Yeah, is the first one with zero deaths?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's not the first one with zero deaths, nobody dies in the episode where Stan has to shoot Reagan, for example.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"Sporked?"

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you

cant cook creole bream posted:

I think the idea is, that both of those are true. I.e. she's doesn't really have good hygene, but when she makes a slight effort, for example for her anniversary dinner, she can look stunning.
Of course, it doesn't look that different in the art style.

I'd like to thank Snot for giving a perfect explanation of Haley's attractiveness ranking.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That was some good cosmic horror, take out all the funny jokes and you'd still be left with a solid lovecraftian story.

I liked the implication at the end that the Doppler doesn't just predict the future, it controls it via the hum and prevents events from happening that would lead to its own destruction and cause the horror to wake up. The whole episode was just a "what if" scenario that the Doppler is aware of, but would never allow to take place in reality.

Also, the incredibly accurate description of the indescribable horror was such a good gag.

don't you mean nameless horror

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

I think the idea is, that both of those are true. I.e. she's doesn't really have good hygene, but when she makes a slight effort, for example for her anniversary dinner, she can look stunning.
Of course, it doesn't look that different in the art style.

They did this pretty thoroughly with Francine as well in Shallow Vows.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Do you think we'll ever get another Tearjerker themed episode?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I hope so. But at the same time, I still want more Ricky Spanish.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Gonz posted:

I hope so. But at the same time, I still want more Ricky Spanish.

Can't we have both?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ricky Spanish is tired of playing secondary persona and breaks free via the Tearjerker universe. Snot watches this as it happens on-screen. He's standing on a box looking over a fence at a drive-in theater. He runs off to warn Roger, who has no idea what a "Tearjerker" is.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I've been watching through the Christmas themed episodes again this week and I'll always find it funny that the only regular human that ever (I think) instantly sees through Roger's disguise and knows that he is an alien is the crazy moonshiner that lives alone up on the mountain.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Toshi does as well!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

A random bit they did and then dropped were the Squirrel movie parodies, they only did it a couple times. What's Eating Gilbert Grape and i think All the President's Men if i recall correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yeah that Gilbert Grape one pretty much reached full B Plot level in its episode.