Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Mihoyo made the fake guys in a boardroom to cultivate this response, it's too late to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RareAcumen posted:

I'm already not great at the card game, do they get harder as you level up?

They sorta do, but only in the sense that there are dumb special rules attached (character affected by electro at start of round, enemy starts with buff, etc) with characters specialized for that effect. The "friendly" matches are all full of obvious errors and early ending turns because you're supposed to be able to do them with whatever. I suspect the serious matches, at like 7 or 10 or whatever, have more focused decks and AI that isn't missing half a brain.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

but also they literally grew up in the same house together and there are quests where kaeya goes back to dawn winery to visit and the family maids talk about serving him breakfast when he was a child and bug him to come back and visit home more often

And also they don't seem particularly close from every interaction I've seen in game. Like Diluc genuinely doesn't seem to like Kaeya and feels he's betrayed their father.
It feels a little like automatically reading sworn brothers as a euphemism for a non hetero romance can lead to silly interpretations like Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei were a polycule.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

It feels a little like automatically reading sworn brothers as a euphemism for a non hetero romance can lead to silly interpretations like Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei were a polycule.
i dunno how to tell you this but interpreting those three as a polycule is the foundational backbone of most chinese gay fiction

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

have you read outlaws of the marsh. all men are brothers? more like all men are loving

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my interpretation of gundam is that nobody has ever wanted amuro and char to gently caress and it would be weird if someone did want them to

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

my interpretation of gundam is that nobody has ever wanted amuro and char to gently caress and it would be weird if someone did want them to

https://twitter.com/baalbuddy/status/1603907484074344448

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

childhood friend girls are cute imo and the enemy side's pilot that is female and dies sucks rear end

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also currently speculated banner order

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I don't know who that lady is for the 3.5 banner, but looks like I'm going to give up everything for her.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Waiting til 3.6 for Ayaka will be loving agony. Why give her a skin and wait two patches to rerun her?! :argh:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Patience for Baizhu should be rewarded by also including a new 4* on his banner. Though seeing him next to Nilou has me willing to settle for him just being strong & flexible enough to do well outside of her teams.

Kaveh is just distilled suffering.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

I don't know who that lady is for the 3.5 banner, but looks like I'm going to give up everything for her.
if you mean dehya, shes in the sumeru story a fair bit if you wanna hang out with her before she comes out. pyro claymore is her element/weapon.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I thought al was 4*

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Also by waiting to the second banner, I think Eula takes the award from Hu Tao for longest time between reruns. I thought we'd see her in 3.1 even. I'll be happy to get her regardless though.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Apart from 3.4, Dehya, Baizhu and Mika, is this based on some new information, or is it pure speculation?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Apart from 3.4, Dehya, Baizhu and Mika, is this based on some new information, or is it pure speculation?

3.4 and the new characters patch timing (but not specific banner) are all we know for sure. It's entirely speculation based on rerun timing since Eula and Shenhe are at depression tier of needing a rerun.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

And also they don't seem particularly close from every interaction I've seen in game. Like Diluc genuinely doesn't seem to like Kaeya and feels he's betrayed their father.

Yeah.
They used to be decently close, then had a big falling out after their dad was killed by a group linked to Kaeya'a birth family and Kaeya confessed to Diluc about that.

Nowadays they only seem to interact for stuff related to one of their jobs and stuff that is clearly someone else trying to make them interact.

Like, shippers are gonna do what they're gonna do, but they're clearly intended to be siblings and written as such.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Eimi posted:

Also by waiting to the second banner, I think Eula takes the award from Hu Tao for longest time between reruns. I thought we'd see her in 3.1 even. I'll be happy to get her regardless though.

keqing has the award permanently cus they're never gonna rerun her banner :colbert:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

keqing has the award permanently cus they're never gonna rerun her banner :colbert:

quick someone make a successful direct competitor for Genshin that way they need to give us a way to target specific standard characters. (I'm lucky enough to have Keqing but I really want Jean)

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Eh, I think you see the affection between Kaeya and Diluc in Hidden Strife. The dividing line should just be between whether you read that as familial or well, more lol.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

haypliss posted:

Eh, I think you see the affection between them in Hidden Strife. The dividing line should just be between whether you read that as familial or well, more lol.

If I can read something as gay, 99% of the time, I'm reading it as gay. See also Kaveh and Alhaitham's sitcom couple fight. Or well drat near every woman's interaction with any other woman. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

nahida's based on how they've been rerunning the archons and raiden's rerun timing

also speaking of alhaitham and kaveh, al has an idle animation where he pulls his house keys out of his pocket and then realizes he has kaveh's too

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

3.4 and the new characters patch timing (but not specific banner) are all we know for sure. It's entirely speculation based on rerun timing since Eula and Shenhe are at depression tier of needing a rerun.

Endorph posted:

nahida's based on how they've been rerunning the archons and raiden's rerun timing

That all makes sense, but then Zhongli, Cyno and Nilou seem completely arbitrary to me. You could rearrange them in whatever order you like and replace any or all of them with Kazuha or Klee or Venti or even Ganyu or Kokomi and it would make just as much sense. So I'm not sure what makes them suggest that configuration in particular.

I guess they just mean to say that "these are some of the characters you might reasonably expect to see somewhere around this time", but using this explicit patch and phase layout and mixing that in with things that have been definitively leaked is some strange false precision.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean cyno and nilou are also based on how the inazuma reruns panned out. rerunning the first cahracters that got released in a patch cycle towards the end of that patch cycle makes sense.

and the bottom text basically says its just speculation im pretty sure

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
There's been too many swerves recently for me to get comfy with any sort of speculation, no matter how reasonable it may seem. Instead I just try to keep 80 pulls in reserve, in case there's a surprise rerun that I wanna try to snipe on a 50/50. This has never actually worked out, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

Edit:

New banner: Ayato/Raiden, with Sayu/Sara/Rosaria. Pretty decent, I could see an intermediate player drop a couple hundred pulls and end up pretty happy.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 22, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Finally I'll prolly get Sara rolling for Raiden

Filling out the character sheet

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I, on the other hand, will probably end up with like C14 Sara and no Sayu and be Very Irate about gacha luck

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Built Yun Jin up to 80 thinking she'd be on this banner.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Looks good... unless Al winds up in some broken teams and I have to pull him AND Yelan. If both Al and Dehya are great then poo poo is going to get tight. All things being equal I've got nearly eight pities combined so one per patch would work out safer and give me some leeway trying to get Kuki wherever she winds up. It'd be nice to have her show up on Baizhu since I'll be on a 50/50.

Nyaawn posted:

I thought al was 4*

It's understandable, since he's a 5* with a 3* rear end.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Well, I'm at pity count 73 for Raiden, but I do want Rosaria and constellations for Sayu. So I guess even if I lose the 50-50, I still win.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I hope the Nilou and Nahida reruns are real, the friend who got me into the game failed to pull either of them and was really bummed about it. Also gives me more time to save for new Dendros.

Speaking of: is Yaoyao supposed to be 5-star or 4-star?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
How good is Ayato at hyperbloom? I skipped Childe and have a guarantee lined up. I could just save it if Ayato is just meh at it compared to Kokomi/Yelan/XQ.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I hope the Nilou and Nahida reruns are real, the friend who got me into the game failed to pull either of them and was really bummed about it. Also gives me more time to save for new Dendros.

Speaking of: is Yaoyao supposed to be 5-star or 4-star?

4* and she's Liyue so you can Lantern Fest her.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Eimi posted:

4* and she's Liyue so you can Lantern Fest her.

fantastic, thanks

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I dont care whether Dehya is 5* Xiangling or 5* Thoma, I'm rolling for her SO HARD

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Excelzior posted:

I dont care whether Dehya is 5* Xiangling or 5* Thoma, I'm rolling for her SO HARD

I am 100% getting Dehya (and Eula and Ayaka and Shenhe :negative:) but it really depends on how fun/on field she is if I go for her weapon.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Between Raiden, Alhaithim and Yelan, and with no guarantee lined up, I am going to be primo broke for the first time since Xiao's first run. I've got 328 rolls so as long as I win one 50/50 I have a chance :pray: Though if they nerf Al much more I might skip him for Dehya.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

brainwrinkle posted:

How good is Ayato at hyperbloom? I skipped Childe and have a guarantee lined up. I could just save it if Ayato is just meh at it compared to Kokomi/Yelan/XQ.

Man...,

Ok so tldr is that he's good, but if you don't have Kokomi or Yelan I would prioritize picking them up first.

The long version is like a 30 minute long youtube video that goes over different variations of hyperbloom teams and the roles that a solo or secondary hydro can play in them. I personally have used him as both a solo onfielder (with Nahida tagging in) in pure hyperbloom teams and as a favonius noblesse burst support in AoE quickbloom teams. He does both roles well but his biggest strength is being able to pull Xingqiu/Yelan into a different team.

And I suppose you could do stuff like onfield Nahida with Kokomi/Burst Ayato/EM Raiden to maintain high AoE bloom production while having a comfy amount of healing. And also a million other things, and hypothetical future things. Hyperbloom is like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Ayato's burst gives it's full NA attack bonus at level 10. Meanwhile, Raiden's skill gives its full burst bonus at only level 9. This is an example of LUDONARRATIVE RESONANCE; Ayato, much like we, the audience,, lives in a society.