Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

JuffoWup posted:

I went school bus as well, but not because of ammo reasons, that never seemed to be the issue. It was the gun traverse arcs. Both have garbage tier bloom when the hull ever twitched. But the school bus had a wider gun arc over the s51. Traded for speed, but worth it.

the SU-5 is the one that would run out of ammo constantly but there were others in the line too that weren't great about it either. the 261 only held like 16 rounds, again IIRC, back in the day and you could be done with that in the Orbital Laser in around half the match if you were aggressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

the SU-5 is the one that would run out of ammo constantly but there were others in the line too that weren't great about it either. the 261 only held like 16 rounds, again IIRC, back in the day and you could be done with that in the Orbital Laser in around half the match if you were aggressive

Probably, though I remember the su-5's ammo shortness very well. Thanks for bringing that scar back. I honestly never liked the russian line. The one thing they had to everyone else back in the day was they got the 203mm guns a couple tiers earlier than everyone else (that being just the us and germany back then). But outside that fun fact, their handling was absolutely terrible on hull traverse which happened all the drat time because of their narrow arc. Even now, the 261 suffers the same problem. And when talking of handling, I don't mean just the bloom, but also the aim time to straighten the drat thing back out after your treads made opposing move by 1/8th of an inch.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

Why do the second equipment slot field modification choices for arty suck? Survivability and scouting? Mobility would at least be useful.

FTFY

Edit: Unrelated to the above, but...

lmao

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 20, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:negative:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:toot:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/k6ZIH7R.mp4

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Triple Post.

~*JUST IRON ARNIE THINGS*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7HAjHJf6Js

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
:allears:

I ammo racked the Vz and I set the M6 on fire. Killed them both with 1 shot.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

I ammo racked the Vz and I set the M6 on fire. Killed them both with 1 shot.
I almost feel sorry for the M6 player. That thing is really awkward at the best of times. But then there is this effort from his platoon buddy:

Why is a Cromwell B lobbing HE shells.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 23, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I was going to make a lovely remark about the Crom after you pointed this out, but I looked him up. He is a legit new player lol. Sub 100 games. I honestly don't remember the last time I saw a new player.

MariusLecter posted:

Triple Post.

~*JUST IRON ARNIE THINGS*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7HAjHJf6Js

Clarence
May 3, 2012

I've got level X decorations, all this years camo and all previous years I've missed out on.

Is there anything else to spend the mining resources on?

(I've not played a single battle and won't be doing so.)

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Clarence posted:

I've got level X decorations, all this years camo and all previous years I've missed out on.

You can make those gambling tokens for 2000 a pop.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Clarence posted:

You can buy tokens for the gift console with them. They cost 2000 resources each. On the console screen there's an option to the right to "Get Tokens."

It's worth doing the resource collection every day as you can get the T9 tank from the gift console.

Also, don't forget to pet the dog for 50 free random resources per day.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I ran into a Jagdpanzer E100 player who fired nothing but HE the other day. He had over 30 000 games and a winrate in the low 40s. Didn't seem to be a bot either because he sent me abusive messages after the game when I killed him with the advanced strategy of "repeatedly shoot him in the lower plate with my Conqueror".

Obviously that's not as dumb as shooting HE with a 75mm pea shooter but it's astonishing how many players just shoot HE. Every gun, every tank, every time.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Dec 23, 2022

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Looks like all the assignments need to be completed to be able to buy tokens with resources. Ah well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Clarence posted:

Looks like all the assignments need to be completed to be able to buy tokens with resources. Ah well.

I haven't played a single game thus far during the event and I'm able to buy tokens with resources. :shrug:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Well finally got a tier 7 on the EU server. I should have concentrated on the Russian mediums but just couldn't do it. French tracked lights. Well they were too of the tree recently.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I haven't played a single game thus far during the event and I'm able to buy tokens with resources. :shrug:

Assignments are the Arnie/Milla resource spending, and yes you need to complete all those to unlock buying more tokens. You don't need to play games to complete them, though.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fRynY9o5DD0

R.i.p. new players.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRynY9o5DD0

A lot of cool stuff, but the crew rework looks to be absolutely toxic. So many skills that are just BiA 2.0 that they'll be mandatory and if you're new or F2P, then gently caress you.

On the upside, they're reworking the Bat-Chat finally. Maybe now it'll be usable!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Vando posted:

Assignments are the Arnie/Milla resource spending, and yes you need to complete all those to unlock buying more tokens. You don't need to play games to complete them, though.

Ah, yes. I unlocked most of those with the resources I got from boxes.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Gunners will be the most skill pressured crew member, by the looks of it. There's 4 skills I see that I would consider must have.

The dynamic events and night maps would be interesting. One of those new tanks looked like an SPG. Hopefully it's just a silly looking TD.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TracerM17 posted:

Gunners will be the most skill pressured crew member, by the looks of it. There's 4 skills I see that I would consider must have.

The dynamic events and night maps would be interesting. One of those new tanks looked like an SPG. Hopefully it's just a silly looking TD.

The new tanks they showed off were the Japanese heavies and TDs, and it was probably the Japanese Ferdinand.

The autocannon mechanic looked interesting but we'll see how it turns out.

Also as a warning? It's a 5x weekend on the EU servers. 5x weekend + holiday thing == the players have gotten even worse, as hard as that is to even conceive.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well that was one of the worst nights of WoT I can remember. Constant -2 matchmaking with players who'd have to experience significant personal growth just to be dog poo poo. Kinda hard to try to make credits when games are over in the blink of an eye, and even the BZ-176 can't do a whole loving lot against T10s when it's getting rushed.

I did play the Type 59 a few times and it was more fun than I remembered, even though it was probably largely because I was only -1 with braindead fuckwits instead of -2.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The Renegade is the new "spend your WoT gold" package.

16725g for the package with the two-skill crew (remember this is not a 'zero-perk' BiA crew, so you start training the third skill at a deficit).
9300g for the tank alone with a 100% (no-skill) crew.
1750g for a 2D skin.

If you already own the Renegade, buying the top package refunds you 6750g, meaning you're paying 9975g for the 2D camo style and the two-skill crew.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 23, 2022

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
You can get the first 2 crew perks by rummaging through your sofa cushions for forgotten skill booklets, maybe top it off with a 2mil credit injection.
That is a terrible deal for a skin pls don't buy big package :smith:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Renegade is very good though!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

sauer kraut posted:

You can get the first 2 crew perks by rummaging through your sofa cushions for forgotten skill booklets, maybe top it off with a 2mil credit injection.
That is a terrible deal for a skin pls don't buy big package :smith:

Yeah, and in this case it's for a US tank, which have one of the easiest lines to grind in the game. At least with the ShitPack it was a crew for a lesser-developed nation.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh my god

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArtsyCuteSwallowHeyGuys-CWRQsc-lh_e1F8mA

I guess you don't take fall damage if you land on a friendly tank. Few will do it this stylishly though.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh my god

I guess you don't take fall damage if you land on a friendly tank. Few will do it this stylishly though.

Don't you mean "oh my bananas?"

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh my god

Twitch user: ArtsyCuteSwallowHeyGuys
"Awww gently caress me, vrrr vrrr vrr vrrr. Aww, yes boy! oooohhhhh!"

:corrupt:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 23, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Bought the Renegade, 0 regrets.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

Prepare to win games. :getin:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Time to be a toxic hulldown POS.

:smuggo:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Good move. The Renegade is one of the comfiest T8 heavies. Great gun depression, good accuracy, good DPM, decent mobility. The cupola weakspot is hilariously huge though, but I still love playing mine and it's my go-to tank for those times when I'm getting tilted by the mutants I'm teamed up with.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Prepare to win games. :getin:

If the first game is any indication, then I will be good in it :unsmith:. It's such a comfortable tank to play.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Good move. The Renegade is one of the comfiest T8 heavies. Great gun depression, good accuracy, good DPM, decent mobility. The cupola weakspot is hilariously huge though, but I still love playing mine and it's my go-to tank for those times when I'm getting tilted by the mutants I'm teamed up with.

While the cupola is the size of a sky scrapper, most of the shots against me were missing it. I think I just got super lucky.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Full bloom snapshot at a moving Bourrasque at extreme distance in my BZ-176. Hit, ammo rack, dead.

I bet I got reported after that game.

E: currently trying to decide if I want to buy the 121b or not. I have 28 000 bonds, and I'm mostly just keeping a stockpile in case I ever bite the bullet and grind Ranked enough to buy the Concept or Kpz.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 24, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Tundra needs to gently caress off and not be a thing above Tier IV.

Sand River just needs to gently caress off altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Ensk past t6 should also not be a thing.