Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

gay picnic defence posted:

Musk seems like too much of a square to do coke

this was written by someone who was well known in TCC at the time these events occurred (early/mid '00s) and I believe this to be a factual account. Also lol if so because myself and Some Percentage of TCC took acid from the same sheets.

https://medium.com/@tarttoter/elon-musk-does-a-lot-more-than-smoke-weed-c4404288ae1b

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
'Last month, the rapper Azealia Banks asserted that she “waited around all weekend” at Musk’s place while Grimes, a singer-producer he was dating, “coddled [him] for being too stupid to know not to go on [T]witter while on acid.”'

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

'Last month, the rapper Azealia Banks asserted that she “waited around all weekend” at Musk’s place while Grimes, a singer-producer he was dating, “coddled [him] for being too stupid to know not to go on [T]witter while on acid.”'

yes those insta posts are fire

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

It's huge, that's equal to the US federal credit that Tesla purchases eventually stopped qualifying for because they sold so many EVs.

Ford and Honda dealerships last summer were selling EVs with $10,000 markup lol. I would honestly not blame anyone who looked at that huge credit and decided that's enough for a Musk Idiocy Discount, I looked at the Model 3 a year ago and it seemed fine but after test driving a bunch of stuff eventually decided on something else (Polestar 2)

2023 chevy bolt is 26,000 msrp

being online while on acid is something else. gotta close one eye to keep the letters on the screen to stop dancing so much. I'm not joking lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ratjaculation posted:

I was the waiter. Can confirm.

It was me that pissed on you after Elon and mark left.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
i'd rather try to figure out if fire is real while on acid than browse loving twitter lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Imagine what it takes so that Azealia Banks only being the third-craziest person in your house.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I wish he was in acid

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

i'd rather try to figure out if fire is real while on acid than browse loving twitter lmao

sit in front of a camp fire with a bunch of other hippies on acid and stare into the fire and also smoke weed and suddenly it's 2 hours later and you haven't moved because the coals in the fire are beautiful and you can't tear your eyes away

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

One time under the influence of acid and tequila I attacked a yellowjacket nest and had the poo poo stung out of me.

Still preferable to browsing loving Twitter.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

General Bullshit > Elon Musk: Too stupid to not go on Twitter

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Imagine what it takes so that Azealia Banks only being the third-craziest person in your house.

when you put it like that :stare:

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Elon after loving Twitter:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

learnincurve posted:

The jungle book is loving magical.

Ah gently caress, you are right. I didn't realize. That movie was so good.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Devils Affricate posted:

Hyperspherical if you want to get zany about it.

:psypop:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
For real though, anyone bitching because they took the colonial elephant out didn't get that the Jungle Book remake is in large part "what if they'd made the original like Bambi"

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Tumblr is less money and ad free, how could you just NOT do the bare minimum of "ad free experience"

What a big ol dumb dumb

I've been on Pinterest recently and I'm not being chased off by the adverts. You have a big wall of pictures that are links, some gif some video, and you have the occasional advert within them. I got all tailoring stuff turned off and what I'm getting is : Lurpak, Egypt tourism, cat fencing, Costa Rica tourism, DFS sofas, Samsung, Battersea dogs and cats home (toxic food for cats), boots, Clinique UK, Nike, asos, under armour...

All major brands that should be advertising on twitter but are not. I think in part it's because of the nature of Twitter itself, which is the same issue meta has with brands. If you are nike and you know your solid group of fans are waiting for a new limited edition shoe, then they are already going to be watching your twitter feed and all you need to do is get an intern to tweet it out and they will spread it for you.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Also the jungle book owns because I decided age 4 that Ka was the most amazing thing I’d ever seen in my short life which is why as I posted the above I had Julius Sqeezer a foot away from my face.

it’s feeding day and he’s trying to get my attention

Only registered members can see post attachments!

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Devils Affricate posted:

Hyperspherical if you want to get zany about it. But I'm just talking about the apparent arc viewed from a certain point, which is 2d.

Did someone already ask how a rainbow is hyperspherical? I'm desperately curious and google isn't giving me any answers.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Soggy Muffin posted:

The most common uttered phrase by any engineer is “I’m an engineer”

You've been misinformed, the most common engineer phrase is "what the gently caress?"

god please help me posted:

Did someone already ask how a rainbow is hyperspherical? I'm desperately curious and google isn't giving me any answers.

The visible position and shape of it depends on the observer's location, rather than being a circle or sphere tied to a fixed position in 3-dimensional space. That's a sign it can be represented by a fixed shape with a higher number of dimensions than 3. Though I'm not a mathematician enough to figure out the math for what shape that is and how many dimensions are needed.

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Dec 22, 2022

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pyromancer posted:

You've been misinformed, the most common engineer phrase is "what the gently caress?"

Incorrect.

The most common phrase is "That's interesting", which does directly translate into "What the gently caress", but can be uttered in earshot of management.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

god please help me posted:

Etymology may imply it's like a banded sphere you perceive on a plane

Like there is an outer limit sphere and and inner limit sphere, a sphere above a sphere, a hypersphere

Or that's just some mathy mumbo jumbo, Just a guess

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Incorrect.

The most common phrase is "That's interesting", which does directly translate into "What the gently caress", but can be uttered in earshot of management.

Interesting

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Soggy Muffin posted:

The most common uttered phrase by any engineer is “I’m an engineer”

I think that's only if you also count all the times it's said by someone who is not an engineer.

Source: I’m an engineer.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

And that means I solve problems.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Incorrect.

Concerning

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I thought a rainbow was a hologram.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

goatface posted:

I thought a rainbow was a hologram.

Holograms can be hyperspherical. They can be anything they want.

Star trek taught us that.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
🤣

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Scorchy posted:

As others have said it's probably the Ukraine aid.

He dicked around with Starlink operations in Ukraine, tried to extort a country at war, and got people killed. Starlink service was geofenced to the 'established' frontlines, and they refused to lift the restrictions when the Ukrainians counterattacked. Soldiers got past enemy lines, suddenly their communications through Starlink were cut off, which led to friendly fire incidents and casualties. The Ukrainians were understandably upset and Musk got into a slapfight with Zelensky. So of course the rear end in a top hat gets all mad, whining about preventing WW3 and nuclear bombs, and starts publicly pushing for sham breakaway referendums in Russian-occupied areas (literally Putin's plan).

Everybody tells him to shut the gently caress up and stay in his lane, eventually he relents and chases after the next shiny thing, the Ukrainians quiet down because they realize their critical communications network is at the whims of a mercurial manchild and they can't risk pissing him off, and the US gov accelerate their search for a more reliable military partner. So yeah he's probably holding a grudge.

Elon has a security clearance and his ties to the MIC, are most likely based around spaceX and starlink.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

PITY BONER posted:

Twitter's "More Tweets" function, at least for me, is now entirely right-wing lunacy. I thought I was on Parler for a minute.

It just went on and on and on.

But we still can't figure out Elon's political bias.

Why does everyone's name sound like its from that Japanese baseball game?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The Postman posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1605738005813084165

"If Tesla's stock is going to crater I want people watching it fall on Twitter!"

This is some microservice that likely existed for a while but never went live because there was no demand or need for it. If I want to know a stock price I'm not going to open up twitter and go through their lovely search UI when I can just put the stock name into the browser's URL bar and get a much better inline result.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

The Postman posted:

That's a limited time offer! Buy low!!

It's just a matter of time before he decides to wall basic functionality behind Blue because they can't actually deliver any new features. Free users can make 5 posts and 1 retweet per day. Maximum of 50 followers. Upgrade to Blue for uncapped posting!!

I read an article, probably in this very thread, that analyzed actual Twitter usage and more than 90% of users post maybe once a month and have maybe a few dozen followers or less. That's the reality of Twitter outside the small influencer bubble, so even this hyperbolic joke would not change anything at all.

Also we all agree that the "half the ads" thing just means the rest of us get twice the ads, right?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If cashtags aren't an advertisement hashtag you pay for a campaign for long term boosting you've absolutely hosed up your business development.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for #cashtagsforjesus

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

the icon for half the ads cracked me up, some graphic designer had to try to really make that poo poo look enticing lol

The Postman
May 12, 2007

They should allow subscribers to choose the ads other users see.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Ahhhjjjjj, rainbows are hyperspherical and it's blowing my mind. :catdrugs: thank you for the explanations!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does Elon think most of his users are big stock market players?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

goatface posted:

Does Elon think most of his users are big stock market players?

Yes, big stock market players meaning people keeping their life savings in Gamestop "to stick it to the hedge funds" because reddit told them to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PITY BONER posted:

Twitter's "More Tweets" function, at least for me, is now entirely right-wing lunacy. I thought I was on Parler for a minute.

It just went on and on and on.

But we still can't figure out Elon's political bias.

WTF are these blue "B" icons on everyone's names? They're not :eightbux:, they're some other kind of Twitter bling?

Anyway yeah I'm almost positive I heard about "cashtags" like a year ago as some rumored new feature. I wonder how many such "new" services are all there and ready to go, disabled via feature switches that only need to be flipped by an unstable manchild in the control room like that meme of Elon as Homer in the power plant control station about to do something stupid