Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I too wish to sue someone after having watched Yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Why do I have the feeling this will increase the number of trailers that spoil the whole movie

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

R.I.P., false opens

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

gently caress that, I’d pay money to see people get fooled in real time by the Alien 3 teaser.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Fans continue to ruin everything

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Two Towers? Where’s that Requiem for a Dream soundtrack?

Avengers Infinity War? I’ve got questions about Hulk’s status.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Rogue One trailer's going to be sued

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Executive Decision would have been sued into oblivion by proto-chuds.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The only ruling so far is that the lawsuit can proceed and not that the studio was actually guilty of anything.

I imagine that even if the studio is found to have done wrong, it's not going to change future trailers other than having some disclaimer text in them. Like basically every other type of commercial that exists. Every beautifully shot, Hollywood movie star car commercial says

lol as if you'll ever experience this kind of driving in our car you no-talent commuter gently caress

Lobok fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 22, 2022

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

GrandpaPants posted:

Rogue One trailer's going to be sued

I was promised a good movie what is this poo poo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

precision posted:

Fans continue to ruin everything

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I want to sue Paramount for giving away the entire plot of the Godfather in that one trailer.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

quote:

“The Court’s holding is limited to representations as to whether an actress or scene is in the movie, and nothing else,” the judge wrote, holding that based on the “Yesterday” trailer, it was plausible that viewers would expect de Armas to have a significant role in the film.

Seems like the judge limited the case somewhat so that only stuff like "whether or not the actor shown in a trailer is actually in a movie" matters.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Or scene. That is definitely a big deal since it could cover stuff like the Rogue One or Fant4stic trailers (especially the latter since that one had a scene with The Thing dive bombing a terrorist camp that they had to cut out since they didn't have the budget to finish it).

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Someone who really wanted to see those human teeth on Sonic lawyering up.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

What was in the Rogue One trailer that was misleading?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

AFewBricksShy posted:

What was in the Rogue One trailer that was misleading?

A TIE fighter hovering at the end of the gantry, scenes of Jyn running along the beach with the files. Just some stuff they reworked into the later (better) version we got. Also the “we rebels aren’t we? I rebel” line at Yavin IV.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Also that one cool shot of the hallway lighting up which apparently came about by them goofing around:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It seems likely from trailer material that the original version had the archive and the transmitter in different buildings and they had to traverse the battle outside.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is right up there with Man of Steel on the delta between trailer and movie.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

mcmagic posted:

This is right up there with Man of Steel on the delta between trailer and movie.

It really is. That might be *the* best teaser ever. It promises such a vastly.. VASTLY different movie. What a disappointment after seeing that.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

There have also been rumors for years that the original version of rogue one was, shall we say, much more politically contentious in the sense that Jyn was an active and willing member of the Rebellion But Taliban faction that gets largely written off as indefensible bad guys in the final movie, among other changes. Given how brazen Disney has been in the years since about loving with Star Wars stuff in post, it definitely seems more likely in hindsight than it did at the time.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This and Man of Steel are among the times I remember the trailer and movie both being great.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
2014 is no shin but its pretty good

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i'll admit the 3rd trailer for man of steel hooked me, the one with actual music from the soundtrack, not the early trailers that use LOTR music or slow lady lament music or whatever. that said, even at the time the only acting on display that felt confident was amy adams, the rest was posturing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah 14 had its fault but compared to the sequels it’s outstanding.

Because holy gently caress do the sequels get real loving dumb real loving quick (I still love them but they’re not good movies at all)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah 14 had its fault but compared to the sequels it’s outstanding.

Because holy gently caress do the sequels get real loving dumb real loving quick (I still love them but they’re not good movies at all)

Sounds like they're doing Godzilla right, then.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
All the quips in King of Monsters were just agonizing, like MCU ironic distance bullshit. Charles Dance deserves better.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

remigious posted:

I’m guessing there’s some kind of cruel twist in The Whale? I don’t trust Aronofsky after Mother!

According to reviews, it's this.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i only trust Aronofsky because of mother! :unsmigghh:

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Vincent posted:

According to reviews, it's this.

This made me laugh like an idiot, thank you!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I liked mother!, even though I don't trust him with The Whale at all. It makes a good pairing with The Phantom Thread.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/jonbershad/status/1606076080560910336?s=46&t=TcExzVaFk248Qt9JfmHr2g

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Hahaha. That's great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Simple. To the point. A good title.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lmao, I love it! Also it looks kinda good!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How upset were they that Crash was already taken? Not that it stopped the other Crash.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Should be "Plane has fallen" tbh

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I don't know what it is about that trailer but I'm done for the day and immediately wanted to put it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I AM GRANDO posted:

How upset were they that Crash was already taken? Not that it stopped the other Crash.

Why? It has the perfect title already. It's simple, plain, but I like it.