Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

lol

Edit: Tesla's lost nearly 20% of its value in the last week alone

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Conservatives: The nuclear family is dying because of too many rotten single mothers.

Also Conservatives: Ehhh maybe I'll get around to seeing my kids once a year if they're lucky while posting choice memes. Sorry XBoobz69Thrillho, maybe next Christmas.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This can only be good for Bitcoin Tesla!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wow it’s absolutely dying. Wonder what changed from yesterday

There nothing propping it up anymore. It’s clear Musk has no interest in making changes from the comments he made. Some of his largest shareholders have made public statements against the company and about their lack of confidence.
There’s a lot of talk that Q4 financials are going to be very bad. Tesla is losing market share rapidly in China. Lots of other real car makers now have good EVs.

It’s just going to fall unless something changes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

latinotwink1997 posted:

If it’s “let’s kill 7.5 billion people to get there” sure, that’s hosed up. If it’s “stop having so many kids until the population naturally reduces down to 500m,” that seems reasonable.

Absolutely. But I don't think that is much of an option on a reasonable time scale. There's a lot more nuance to it I'm sure than an Elon-bait tweet.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lmao

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Europe as a whole couldn't sue Musk into poverty

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

holy moley it's rare to see a stock go vertical

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Crashing like a Tesla that spotted a stroller.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Holy poo poo

Do I hear 120? :allears:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

has Tesla considered laying off more people? I hear it cuts costs

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
-61.44% in 1 year. Musk is a genius!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Taeke posted:

I have no idea how his finances are structured or how that even works but is it possible for Musk to lose everything? Like he'll be forced to sell all his assets and poo poo that are actually worth something and the rest just becoming worthless? Him being ousted as CEO everywhere and nobody willing to work with him anymore because he'll be the guy that tanked Tesla and Twitter and lost a quarter of a trillion dollars.

Because I would really love to see that happening. Just having him reduced to a mere millionaire so I don't have to hear from him anymore would be nice.

*Elon gets ousted as CEO of five companies and drops out of the Forbes list*

weird nerds: "This is all part of the plan, you'll never understand the level of n-dimensional chess he is playing"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Crashing like a Tesla that spotted a stroller.

It thought the Horizontal axis was a firetruck and zeroed in on it.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

He's gonna start the worst cult ever on a compound on his families land in Africa or some poo poo when this is all done.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The line goes down

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

Holy poo poo

Do I hear 120? :allears:

I’m betting under $125!

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I personally think this is art

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The market as a whole is a bloodbath but this is fantastic to watch regardless. Wish I kept my short from $140 but the problem with meme stocks like Tesla is they don't go down like they should.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Piss Creep posted:

Europe as a whole couldn't sue Musk into poverty
interesting watching Greg get drunker and drunker over the course of a few hours in the morning

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
All of Musk's assets are tied up in company shares, he's an absolute genuine miser and hasn't got cash savings or houses so it's actually possible for him to go real bankrupt not fake rich people bankrupt.

There is this insane story where he pretended he was poor when he first came to the US by living on a dollar a day (ignoring the fact that mummy was paying for his accommodation and actual living costs) and how he was eating bananas to survive when it's was just cosplay and a probable mental illness.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

lol

Edit: Tesla's lost nearly 20% of its value in the last week alone

*extremely Musk voice* The Feds did this

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, how long before Elon starts ranting about the Wall Street (((globalists))) being out to get him

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Can someone explain this to me like I'm 5?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Keep posting Elon. Post your way out

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
First thing I thought of.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Butterwagon posted:

Tesla has been vastly inflating their actual market value for ages.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ford and GM are both down like 4.5%; Toyota and other carmakers are fine

Tesla's handily beating them all though lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

AARD VARKMAN posted:

interesting watching Greg get drunker and drunker over the course of a few hours in the morning

Interesting

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Infinitum posted:

*extremely Musk voice* The Feds did this
Ironically enough the market is bracing for Fed action in the reaction to positive economic news; unemployment filings are down, earnings are stronger. The expectation is that the Fed will increase rates a little more after kind of soft-pedaling the last increase, to which the market is having an anaphylactic fit

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I can't believe the Fed is doing this specifically to Tesla

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

learnincurve posted:

All of Musk's assets are tied up in company shares, he's an absolute genuine miser and hasn't got cash savings or houses so it's actually possible for him to go real bankrupt not fake rich people bankrupt.

There is this insane story where he pretended he was poor when he first came to the US by living on a dollar a day (ignoring the fact that mummy was paying for his accommodation and actual living costs) and how he was eating bananas to survive when it's was just cosplay and a probable mental illness.

I had a fresh college grad coworker show me his apartment a year after he moved and he was using cardboard boxes for most of his furniture. dudes dad was a EVP at some fortune 500 and my coworker spent half his day at work watching stocks (he had like $100k invested before starting work somehow :thunk:)

people with money brain disease loving scare me

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Butterwagon posted:

The value of bilking money out of green energy credits from tax payer money is infinitely more lucrative than the risk of creating anything of any tangible value.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

They’re going down because next year we’re going into a recession and cars will be the first thing on the chopping block for many budgets. Tesla’s dive is compounded by Musk, but I’m gonna say also by the fact its investors are idiot boomers easily swindled by boy wonder.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kw0134 posted:

Ironically enough the market is bracing for Fed action in the reaction to positive economic news; unemployment filings are down, earnings are stronger. The expectation is that the Fed will increase rates a little more after kind of soft-pedaling the last increase, to which the market is having an anaphylactic fit

What with all the chuds everywhere screaming that THE ECONOMY IS IN THE SHITTER :byodood: and gas prices plummeting that those same chuds drive past every day I don't know what the gently caress

There's just reality, and then REALITY *lionel hutz shaking head*

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

kazil posted:

I can't believe the Fed is doing this specifically to Tesla

I can, it's clearly retaliation for the twitter files. The deep state is running scared and pulling out all the stops to destroy elon

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Data Graham posted:

What with all the chuds everywhere screaming that THE ECONOMY IS IN THE SHITTER :byodood: and gas prices plummeting that those same chuds drive past every day I don't know what the gently caress

There's just reality, and then REALITY *lionel hutz shaking head*

Everyone knows gas prices are going down because Trump released his nfts

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

Butterwagon posted:

Stocks are like birthday wish lists. Sometimes you have something on your list that you think will be the best most amazing toy ever. But when you get it, you realize it's not as good as you thought. And slowly you realize that your big bucket of Legos is still more than the shiny new toy, although you don't want to tell everyone else yet.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Scipiotik posted:

First thing I thought of.

But the Raiders won that game. If he had turned around and punted the ball into the crowd and then run around the field with no shirt on declaring how smart he was, THAT would have been perfect.

But running over Mac Jones was funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aba
Oct 2, 2013

Butterwagon posted:

Easy. One of those is a technological company and the other is a legacy automaker. Hence difference in P/E ratio of 10 vs. 80.

/s