Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

5'9 is also manlet status

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

I was confused for a second there. I'm leaving it in

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Leandros posted:

You can make that point without stooping to the level of propagating easily disproven content though, probably helps your cause in the long run too :)

:pwn:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this is an internet forum, no one with any power actually gives a poo poo about peeoples opinions here

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I was confused for a second there. I'm leaving it in

The Party of Lemon

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this is an internet forum, no one with any power actually gives a poo poo about peeoples opinions here

I think he is talk the true power in the universe...QCS.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Has anyone written a novel on how Gorbachev could have saved the Soviet Union with a time machine?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tankbuster posted:

speaking of this trad polytheism, FF what are your takeaway from the books about the rebirth of slavic paganism in ukraine? That specific branch of IE religion gets overlooked in favor of norse heathenry/greco-roman revivals or more crunchy new agey types like wicca.

I mean the giant rear end book on it pretty explicitly says its the civic religion of blood and soil nationalism, with no theological or historical basis but a way to add more rite and ritual to being in Azov, more or less

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

stephenthinkpad posted:

Has anyone written a novel on how Gorbachev could have saved the Soviet Union with a time machine?

Gorbachev goes back in time, is immediately shot by lenin

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It’s comforting to know Corbyn and Sanders had naïve power-adverse wimp precedent.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

posting is a literal warfront

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Gorbachev schemed himself into absolute power he was just a dumbass with it

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
IMO (with the help of a time machine), the Soviet Union needed to immudiately form OPEC+ with Saudi right after the oil crisis to counter the Carter doctrine. With lower and lower oil price, the Soviet system was unsustainable even before Gorbachev came to power.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stephenthinkpad posted:

that depends, can he use that time machine to deliver a nuke

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
never trust an American opinion on Stalin they’re still salty about him defeating nazi germany

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Seeing a lot of anti-ukraine posting itt, if you're not rooting for Ukraine to March onto Moscow...... Grow up

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Gorbachev schemed himself into absolute power he was just a dumbass with it

(Social) Democrat Brain

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

🕊️

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

lobotomy molo posted:

that depends, can he use that time machine to deliver a nuke

No. Only Disney sequels play the established rules fast and loose.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stephenthinkpad posted:

No. Only Disney sequels play the established rules fast and loose.

fine, fine. are you allowed to infect gorbachev with airborne aids?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Leandros posted:

It's a photoshop. First the fake ban message, now this, what else will the media literacy thread jump on without bothering to check? :v:

You're right, it's not the SS, it's one of the other Ukrainian army units that uses totenkopf patches

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol that Leon was taller than Putin

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

lobotomy molo posted:

fine, fine. are you allowed to infect gorbachev with airborne aids?

Yes but I don't think that could have save Soviet Union. Why don't you just poison Yaltsin?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

IMO (with the help of a time machine), the Soviet Union needed to immudiately form OPEC+ with Saudi right after the oil crisis to counter the Carter doctrine. With lower and lower oil price, the Soviet system was unsustainable even before Gorbachev came to power.

i feel the GCC arabs were sufficiently warned to stay in line and not gently caress with america or else after the last time they used the oil weapon.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stephenthinkpad posted:

Yes but I don't think that could have save Soviet Union. Why don't you just poison Yaltsin?

because mr. gorbachev wants his treats (Pizza Hut)

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

stephenthinkpad posted:

Tell his KGB bodyguards to stop interfering in his repeated suicide attempts

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

mila kunis posted:

i feel the GCC arabs were sufficiently warned to stay in line and not gently caress with america or else after the last time they used the oil weapon.

Or else what though? American influence in GCC depends on whether the Saudis can resist the US military bases.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Leandros posted:

It's a photoshop. First the fake ban message, now this, what else will the media literacy thread jump on without bothering to check? :v:

It's flipped. You can see "TO THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES" is backwards on the image you posted.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Would the First five-year plan probably still happen? (Yes, it was already part of an inter-party debate at the same)

Nice try tankie but the first five-year plan was just a continuation of the GOELRO Plan proposed by Lenin, the greatest of men.

Lenin did not actually come up with the goelro plan.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

It's flipped. You can see "TO THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES" is backwards on the image you posted.

You've missed some progress in the discussion, I advise you to skip ahead to "it's the thought that counts"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What does it actually say?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

spacetoaster posted:

This is what the original photo looks like if you crop to that section and flip it 180.

This is what the tweet looks like that you claim is only flipped, not edited.

If those two look like the same thing to you, your eyes are just really, really hosed up. The colors around the letters don't even match.

e: And that big red square? Clearly edited in :v:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mlmp08 posted:

e: And that big red square? Clearly edited in :v:

We don't have all the facts yet.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

The Party of Lemon

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

What does it actually say?

I think it says 46th DSHB and something under it. There were reports of them fighting at Bakhmut.

Here's their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/46oaembr/

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

They have some FF content

https://www.facebook.com/46oaembr/posts/pfbid0NVNn3NKCQrCpEv6PH1KtmuGxxvLiCqZGzQBACQYjN1f7vNbxUA9b5Yn4sFcrjVhrl

quote:

On January 19, the Church holiday of Epiphany is celebrated, which completes the Christmas and New Year cycle. Traditionally, water is blessed on Epiphany to commemorate the fact that Christ sanctified water by his baptism in the Jordan River. It is believed that on January 19, it has a special power of healing.
Paratroopers of the 46th separate air assault brigade honor traditions and joined the celebration.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

You're right, it's not the SS, it's one of the other Ukrainian army units that uses totenkopf patches

seeing this symbol all over congress is incredibly disturbing

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Leandros posted:

You can make that point without stooping to the level of propagating easily disproven content though, probably helps your cause in the long run too :)

what cause? It's this hosed up thinking that has dipshits screaming about people being 'wrong' with their guesses as if CSPAM is a thinktank. None of this matters. The only thing on these forums that has mattered regarding this war is GBS and D&D donating money to actual neonazis but even they can only do so much with $30,000

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 19:48 on Dec 22, 2022

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this hasn’t been FF content for a while, like, almost 1000 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

seeing this symbol all over congress is incredibly disturbing

not as disturbing as 🇺🇸