Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Hello Elon this is Joe Biden. We are still willing to give you your government allowance for being a special boy but you have to promise me you'll stop posting.

Also c-c-c-combo snipe :golgo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sub-$100 before the new year let’s goooooooooo

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I want musk to tweet some dribble so bad right now.

Do it you loving coward

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

that's like bragging that you know the winning lottery numers for a lottery that already happened and trying to sell people on them now

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

JediTalentAgent posted:

A college town around me apparently has put in a lot of Tesla charging stations in various places. Is that tech going to be good for anyone else as EVs hit the market or are/were they more or less Tesla only?

In the US those charges use Tesla proprietary charging plugs, but I'm sure someone could buy the assets and convert them easily. The network is huge, so this could be a Worldcom type of situation where Tesla lays down the infrastructure and others end up taking advantage of it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

JediTalentAgent posted:

A college town around me apparently has put in a lot of Tesla charging stations in various places. Is that tech going to be good for anyone else as EVs hit the market or are/were they more or less Tesla only?

you can buy a converter for $250 dollars so any EV can use them

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

JediTalentAgent posted:

There is a converter for the non-Supercharger ones I think, but nothing to charge a non-Tesla EV on a Tesla Supercharger right now. Really a great way to cripple a growing industry going totally proprietary with the chargers

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

steam sale on tesla stock

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm laughing remembering the guy who bought 10 thousand shares at $142 like two days ago

This? https://twitter.com/ag_trader/status/1605960886056669185

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This is the most "EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL" Leslie Nielsen gif I've ever seen

When the CEO is saying this poo poo things might be bad?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

JediTalentAgent posted:

In the EU Tesla is forced to comply with the industry standard for EV charging but not the US. In the US, Tesla sells adapters to let Tesla owners charge at the standard stations but refuses to let anyone but Tesla owners charge at their own.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Another reason why Musk hates Europe.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Is Elon still Rick Biish? It seems like he's on the glide path to no longer being Rick Biish from what I'm seeing iit.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/veryimportant/status/1605976420479406080?s=46&t=mXcIL7m5dIyKYvc9Pn0SnQ

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

serious gaylord posted:

Another reason why Musk hates Europe.

Lord Rust, the man is Lord Rust. Dreadful bullish bigot who writes anything that does not fit in his narrow world view out of reality.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Tiny Timbs posted:

In the EU Tesla is forced to comply with the industry standard for EV charging but not the US. In the US, Tesla sells adapters to let Tesla owners charge at the standard stations but refuses to let anyone but Tesla owners charge at their own.

That Tesla renamed their charger port type to "North American Charging Standard" is hilarious. It's barely any of those words.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?s=20&t=IxRlSRU_X61Y2uS2xCIQgA

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Yes, trades per day. It doesn’t necessarily mean dumping, but…lol

Volume is the number of shares traded.
#pedantic

The Postman
May 12, 2007

The true cost of free speech...

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Wierd quote but whenever I see Dril's av all I can see is a wierd and distorted Jack Nicholson, and honestly that makes sense to me.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 22, 2022

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So I’m not really a stock market guy, but I assume when a company keeps free falling this hard and fast, it’s over, right? Are there any companies that have recovered from something this drastic? Or is the best that they can realistically hope for it they don’t die within the next month a long slow limp into irrelevance/acquisition and absorption by a competitor?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Concerning

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Can we get to 115 by close?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

TulliusCicero posted:

Wierd question but whenever I see Dril's av all I can see is a wierd and distorted Jack Nicholson, and honestly that makes sense to me.

I mean it makes sense because it is a weird and distorted Jack Nicholson

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Detective No. 27 posted:

So I’m not really a stock market guy, but I assume when a company keeps free falling this hard and fast, it’s over, right? Are there any companies that have recovered from something this drastic? Or is the best that they can realistically hope for it they don’t die within the next month a long slow limp into irrelevance/acquisition and absorption by a competitor?

Lots of stocks do this lot of people with an informed opinion have been constantly comparing the TSLA the standard stages of a bubble for years.

We're in capitulation, that or this is another selloff and we're going to yet higher highs and going to fall all the more when it finally pops.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Dunno if anyone saw this in the stocktwits chat:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Folks on that stocktwits page are saying that day trading TSLA is going to shut off early today, I'm sure that's not a red flag

e: ^^^

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Quick edit owned

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JediTalentAgent posted:

You can get a converter for whatever car

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm sure things are fine.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Folks on that stocktwits page are saying that day trading TSLA is going to shut off early today, I'm sure that's not a red flag

e: ^^^

Pretty sure that just means one platform won’t let you buy Tesla on margin. Most likely Robinhood

E: or it could mean they won’t let you use your Tesla holdings as daytrading collateral. Kind of unclear

Flowers for QAnon fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 22, 2022

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Sydney Bottocks posted:

what does this mean?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

pixaal posted:

Lots of stocks do this lot of people with an informed opinion have been constantly comparing the TSLA the standard stages of a bubble for years.

We're in capitulation, that or this is another selloff and we're going to yet higher highs and going to fall all the more when it finally pops.

I think the last few days was just the start of fear. Tesla decline has just been really drawn out. This last week or so has been the big drop. At some point it’s either going to recovery slightly and flatten or it’s going to fully crash. This looks like the start of a crash.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Tiny Timbs posted:

And this is after the government gives taxpayer dollars to Tesla. I mean, there really should be a 'you don't get bailouts, you get buyouts'. If you can't run a profitable company under capitalism you get socialized as punishment. And while we're fixing things I'll take a strawberry milkshake to go.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I mean it makes sense because it is a weird and distorted Jack Nicholson

:lol:

Oh poo poo I thought I was just seeing things sometimes

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Trillhouse posted:

what does this mean?

The free market capitalists turn off the free market when it hurts them

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There is nothing special about Teslas compared to any of the other mainstream EVs on the market unless you want extreme speed (in the $120k+ price bracket) or the ability to mess with FSD (god help you and any bystanders). There's simply nothing justifying an outlier stock value.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What is tax harvesting?

Is it really loving stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don’t think this is a typical bubble. The amount of Steiner Math involved is making me think is gonna be something beyond Enron.