Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
You could argue aliens have nothing better to do than fly around looking for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

toggle posted:

has anybody seen that brazil ufo doco “moment of contact”? is it worth $6.99 australian dollars?

I refuse to give him money because of his bullshit about hyping up GUYS WE ARE THIS CLOSE TO GETTING THE ALIEN FOOTAGE REVEALED for the 20th time

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Riot Bimbo posted:

biggest bummer if uap are entirely local to our system.

Biggest bummer if most UAPs are from nazi expatriates on the moon ("tall whites" aryans) who went there when they unlocked antigravity and magic thanks to Schauberger and the Vril society, and the greys are their clone army.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Hey DNI, give us the magic words
"All right, you go ee tee oo ay pee ting tang walla walla bing bang"
doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh

Rudeboy Detective has issued a correction as of 17:19 on Dec 22, 2022

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Polo-Rican posted:

Nahhhhh, human society currently sucks but the vast vast vast majority of planets are dead rock / dust / gas planets that don't have much going on. To a space faring species, finding any planet with life is a jackpot

maybe life as seeded here as terraforming agents and our work is now as far as it can go and they are coming to take it before we irreparably gently caress it up

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Biggest bummer if most UAPs are from nazi expatriates on the moon ("tall whites" aryans) who went there when they unlocked antigravity and magic thanks to Schauberger and the Vril society, and the greys are their clone army.

Would this mean that America's efforts to land on the Moon was just a recruitment campaign continuing Operation Paperclip?

I know Wernher von Braun loving hated living in the American South and thought the food was disgusting but it's gotta beat whatever they're eating on the moon

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

i mean duh but i mean that if it's interdimensional or some poo poo on an an axis like that, but yeah moon nazis would be kinda rough

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Would this mean that America's efforts to land on the Moon was just a recruitment campaign continuing Operation Paperclip?

I know Wernher von Braun loving hated living in the American South and thought the food was disgusting but it's gotta beat whatever they're eating on the moon

He also found it frustrating using non-slave labor lol

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Slavvy posted:

He also found it frustrating using non-slave labor lol

Most people who marry their cousins do

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Riot Bimbo posted:

i mean duh but i mean that if it's interdimensional or some poo poo on an an axis like that, but yeah moon nazis would be kinda rough

"Interdimensional" is just a fancy name for magic.

Think like when Rasputin and the Nazis opened a portal to hell and Hellboy got sucked into it.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gileadexile posted:

I just talked my sighting over with my wife and the biggest takeaway I have as I lie in bed is like. Like, what the gently caress.

I saw something. It's something I've wanted to see my entire life and now it's happened. I've seen something inexplicable, something unexplainable and life just kept going. I kept driving, I got back to work and talked with my coworkers. It was a completely normal drat day.

I want to go outside and shout at the top of my lungs that I've seen something, I saw it, I KNOW I saw it and why didn't it change anything? Don't you understand I SAW IT and the day just kept going. The world didn't end, they didn't land and introduce themselves, I didn't explode or freak out or wreck and die, but I loving SAW this THING and can you believe this poo poo? It feels like a giant weight now, a loving albatross just sitting there over town and then loving just gone and I'll never be able to prove it, even if they land at the loving UN building and say yeah, we're zarblaxians from zeta reticuli, here's how our poo poo works and here's how to fix your planet and hey, are Doritos really any good, I'll never know if THEY'RE what I saw or if it was some interdimensional bag of farts that happens to look like a sideways silver football that was just dropping into our world to soak up some nitrogen before it fucks back off to it's two dimensional hellscape world.

I can't explain it guys. I saw it, I know what I saw and I can't explain how it makes me feel. I saw the incredible and I never want to see it again.

this is very wel-put, I felt the exact same way when I first saw a little white tic-tac lazily floating across the sky. a weird mix of exhilarated and like aliens just played a prank on me

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Think like when Rasputin and the Nazis opened a portal to hell and Hellboy got sucked into it.

:hmmyes:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

"Interdimensional" is just a fancy name for magic.

that would be fuckin' crazy lol

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

lobotomy molo posted:

this is very wel-put, I felt the exact same way when I first saw a little white tic-tac lazily floating across the sky. a weird mix of exhilarated and like aliens just played a prank on me

I want for us to peacefully commune with and be ascended by extraterrestrials, unless it turns out they are coming to Earth to make content for prank channels, then I say kill them all.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
What if the aliens are technologically advanced just by virtue of being at it for so long so they've gotten incredible scientific insights just by repeated trial and error, but they're dumb as poo poo and very easy to prank

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I want for us to peacefully commune with and be ascended by extraterrestrials, unless it turns out they are coming to Earth to make content for prank channels, then I say kill them all.

Hi, we're here today on a planet locally known as "Earth" for P'Nutti's punishment. You've probably noticed that P'Nutti isn't here with us right now - he's currently being ushered in to the head buildings of one of the local world governments and has to do and say whatever we tell him.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Primate COWERS and SHITS Itself Witnessing Frictionless Drive (Gone EXISTENTIAL!)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's fine Admiral Byrd found them in Antarctica so at least they're all still here

Wait

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

first_contact.jpg

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Riot Bimbo posted:

that would be fuckin' crazy lol

I know, right

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Birds, text me

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Primate COWERS and SHITS Itself Witnessing Frictionless Drive (Gone EXISTENTIAL!)

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

Hi, we're here today on a planet locally known as "Earth" for P'Nutti's punishment. You've probably noticed that P'Nutti isn't here with us right now - he's currently being ushered in to the head buildings of one of the local world governments and has to do and say whatever we tell him.

BREAKING: UN Chairman Allows Extraterrestrial Diplomat To Smack His Rear End Like a Bongo Drum To Declare Unity Between Species

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

advance chauvinist extraterrestrials will be insanely confused by our earth's hodgepodge of civics and government types

space emperor could land in canada and think that Q queen of canada lady is a real monarch and not know any better

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Hey DNI, give us the magic words
"All right, you go ee tee oo ay pee ting tang walla walla bing bang"
doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh

We have the tools

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

We did the nazis once, it will be easier when their bones are hollow from living on the moon

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Inspector Hound posted:

We did the nazis once, it will be easier when their bones are hollow from living on the moon

all birds have hollow bones, thats why they're so hard to spot

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

PokeJoe posted:

all birds have hollow bones, thats why they're so hard to spot

it's so they can gently caress, op

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Egg Moron posted:

it's so they can gently caress, op

thats classified info

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to play Roy Orbison for the aliens

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

So far today I've driven past where I had the sighting four times. Thankfully I remain normal, haven't purchased a single sandwich board OR soapbox!

But seriously yeah. I never thought it would be this complicated to have seen something that can't be explained. It's not quite a feedback loop, nor does it take up every thought every waking second, but it feels like when my mom died and I would realize it all over again every hour or so.

So weird. What's funny is that I've read every page of this thread and watched NEARLY every vid and gif posted and now I kinda understand how some of the people taking them must have felt. drat, what a trip.

What's funny is my wife bought me a copy of The Day After Roswell maybe two months into our relationship about thirteen years ago after we heard about it on an episode of Coast to Coast that barely came through on the AM band.

drat. Life can be weird and random and so is this post, so I'll shut up now!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Barry Foster posted:

For four quid? Yeah, I'd say so.

If nothing else it's pretty entertaining and fairly well put together (I thought The Phenomenon was a lot slicker though, this one's a bit more rambling). The story is, of course, incredibly outlandish but some of the testimony is really quite compelling - in fact, probably the most compelling part is when one witness doesn't provide testimony and instead practically chases off the crew with a gun, he's so unwilling to talk about what he saw.

Like any good bird documentary I went into it going "yeah right, whatever" and came out going "umm what the gently caress happened there, I still don't know if it was aliens but some poo poo sure went down"

yeah nice I’ll take a look

my bony fealty posted:

I refuse to give him money because of his bullshit about hyping up GUYS WE ARE THIS CLOSE TO GETTING THE ALIEN FOOTAGE REVEALED for the 20th time

ah yes, the dr steven greer school of promotion

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Wheeee posted:

Q: There were rumours swirling that Congress was already aware of them and had found them in private aerospace.

If they had indeed found them, would you expect this to be included in the upcoming UAP report or not?

A: From my understanding, the Senate Intel committee has been provided verifiable information about legacy programs. Further information may have been provided recently....let's see.

But this is more than a rumour from my understanding. Congress didn't create whistleblower legislation from nowhere. From my understanding, whistleblowers may have already come forward.

Yeah some of the language in the newest NDAA bill seems somehow too pointed, like they're going after something specific that they might already know about, because someone is in there telling them what to look for.

The whole situation is frustrating because on the one side you have the public face of this pentagon bullshit, where they come out with a yearly report that a couple guys in a basement office were scraped together to write, and it's all about mostly uninteresting anomaly reports which 90% will be balloons or foreign intel, probably just "unidentified" from lack of data or lack of time to look into it.

Then on the other side you have all these spooks and public personalities talking about crash retrievals, intact craft, wilson-davis memo, the 2001 nimitz encounter tic-tac, all sorts of in-your-face ontological shock kind of poo poo. And then you hope that the first side will talk about this spook stuff (like that senator in the last hearing bringing up Wilson-Davis, UFOs disabling nukes, etc.) and the pentagon guys just shrug their shoulders and say, "here, here are 150 balloon reports we collected over the last year at your instruction, we have made a special inter-agency office to collect balloon reports, we haven't found any evidence of a crash retrieval among the balloon reports"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

toggle posted:

has anybody seen that brazil ufo doco “moment of contact”? is it worth $6.99 australian dollars?

The Varginha UFO incident is pretty loving weird but this doc does a good job of comprehensively covering all the details on it and even does a lot to add new information about it. There are a few stand-out moments and interviews and one really dubious one that I can recall. It's the best documentary on the incident that I think you're going to find.

It's not as good as The Phenomenon but I feel like when it comes to documentaries like this, you could spend your money on a lot worse.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Aliens are real and we lied about it for several decades. Also we killed JFK.

Immunity pwease!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb3bXgUEMk4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

toggle posted:

I liked it and I think I paid $9 when it first came out. if you've got $7 to burn I say go for it