Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well i just filled up my cart with everything i'd genuinely want to pick up right now from my wishlist and figure i'll just trim it down, anyone have any opinions? metal hellsinger's probably first on the chopping block because it's partially a rhythm game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think ZoE 1 is like, 3 or 4 hours long or something too? Like, shockingly short and seems to end just as it feels the story is getting started.

I remember from Chip's and Ironicus' Let's Play years back that it was really short.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think the one on steam is 2, but i don't think it's supposed to be any longer, part of the reason i compared it to starfox

edit: i guess i could trim 10 bucks if i swapped blasphemous in for ghost song based on the thread recommendations from yesterday

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

well i just filled up my cart with everything i'd genuinely want to pick up right now from my wishlist and figure i'll just trim it down, anyone have any opinions? metal hellsinger's probably first on the chopping block because it's partially a rhythm game.

norco, prodeus and neon white are all on my goty list so don't lose those. ghost song and hypnospace are also quite good. hyper demon and hellsinger both looked gimmicky to me, drop those

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A friend and I recently played through Escape Academy on gamepass and enjoyed ourselves, I noticed that Escape Simulator on Steam has workshop support which sounds awesome if all I want is more co-op puzzles for us to solve. Has anyone here played it?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

Hellsinger is the best thing on that list.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'd definitely want hyper demon over hellsinger, and maybe neon white too. it just looks so much like my jam

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Mrenda posted:

Saw that. Didn't jump on it. Kicking myself now.

It was in my cart at the big discount and jumped in price before I officially bought it. Oh well, out of the cart you go.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Phigs posted:

It was in my cart at the big discount and jumped in price before I officially bought it. Oh well, out of the cart you go.

I have XPlane 11, almost tempted to buy XPlane 12 if I knew there was going to be fast third party support (some of the ATC or economy/hauler style add-ons) because MS still charge stupid money, and have premium versions, and they're still demanding a massive download with crappy servers and repeated bugs that feck everything up.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Cowcaster posted:

Hypnospace Outlaw is *great*.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I loaded up Vampire Survivors but it was feeling kinda stale (I have like 40 hours in it or something) so I picked up Soulstone Survivors and its great! At least for the first hour.

Is there a way I can specifically filter to see only what's on sale? I thought that would be basic but I can't seem to find it. I am sure I am just overlooking it.

e: LotR Shadow of War is 7.50, I liked the first one a lot in 2014 or whatever, is this one good?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

I loaded up Vampire Survivors but it was feeling kinda stale (I have like 40 hours in it or something) so I picked up Soulstone Survivors and its great! At least for the first hour.

Is there a way I can specifically filter to see only what's on sale? I thought that would be basic but I can't seem to find it. I am sure I am just overlooking it.

e: LotR Shadow of War is 7.50, I liked the first one a lot in 2014 or whatever, is this one good?

Shadow of War is loving phenomenal.

https://store.steampowered.com/specials/

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there's a bunch of filter options on your wishlist page you can mess around with but i don't think you can apply them to the entire store at large. part of the reason i just smash the add to wishlist button on any videogame i see that might tickle my fancy later on.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mega Comrade posted:

Dying light was great despite a pretty silly story.
Dying light 2 was 'fine'. It's story is also bad but I'm not sure that's the reason I almost instantly forgot it existed after finishing it.

It has a je ne sais quoi of mediocrity quality about it.

Yeah I played most of it then elden ring came out and I uninstalled and forgot it instantly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

prodeus and neon white own, and dreamwild and hyperdemon are right at the top of whaht i want to play next. so thhose would be my picks to keep. hypnospace outlaw as well acutally, it also rules.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Picked up Gotham Knights for $25.80 and am pretty happy with my purchase. https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/gotham-knights-pc/

The Bat Family all plays differently and they're pretty likeable too. They all level up together so it's easy to vary your gameplay by switching characters. I've been enjoying Red Hood so much that I haven't felt like switching much, but I also love Robin's bo sound fx and watching Batgirl pummel the poo poo out of people. My friend has been sticking with Nightwing so I haven't played him much but he is constantly flipping around and goomba stomping people.

I've been playing with my friend a lot but I had a good time teaming up with a random player as well, just following them around and setting mooks up for sick team attacks. I'm about 12 hours in at Chapter 5 and the story is really starting to pick up, with all the enemy factions starting to show up things are starting to get challenging. I went in not expecting this game to be as tight as Spiderman but the gameplay is pretty fun and having co-op kicks it up to another level of fun.

I've had a few performance hiccups, locations where the FPS takes a dump on my 3060. Have crashed 3 times as well while doing nothing notable.

The only thing I really dislike so far is the fast travel unlocks. They make you wait around for drones to show up so you can point the camera at them and it sucks. Just let me push a button and go back to crime fighting, please.

I'm looking forward to trying the 4 player mode, but the first floor says recommended Power Level 3000 and I'm only at 800, so I'm assuming this is meant for new game + people.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 22, 2022

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

big cummers ONLY posted:

It's better as long as you have no qualms about psychologically torturing orcs. You can do some hosed up things in that game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It's better as long as you have no qualms about psychologically torturing orcs. You can do some hosed up things in that game.

He doesn't want the fort.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

big cummers ONLY posted:

If you liked Shadow of Mordor I can't imagine why you wouldn't like Shadow of War. The only negatives I care to mention are the install size is loving huge (100 gb, 150 with the hi res textures), and Kumail Nanjiani's cameo feels extremely out of place, but he only voices a random orc you may run into, not an important character.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are all free on the EPIC games store right now.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Netrunner posted:

It's funny because I'm still hesitant to even buy it at that price. I did watch some footage of somebody playing it. The story and characters are really intriguing to me, but the game seems to play like a wet noodle, so that's a hard sell.

I watched a long-rear end video of all the story cutscenes because I knew I didn't want to actually play the thing. The story itself was not great. A lot of the writing was really bad. The main villain is obvious immediately when you meet him. The little character interaction scenes were pretty nice, although I didn't like the way they wrote Robin (Tim Drake) as sort of an unassertive wimp. The dude walked up to Bruce Wayne and told him he figured out that he was Batman and that he wanted to be Robin, and it worked, he is not unassertive.

I would not waste your time playing it for the story, based on what people have said about the gameplay.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Cowcaster posted:

Definitely a good list from what I can tell: can vouch for most of those, with the only exception being DREAMWILD which I have no idea about.

However, if you were wanting to trim it down or save money, I would point out the fact that a lot of those games are "free" on gamepass and recent, so they won't expire soon: Norco, Prodeus, Metal Hellsinger, and Ghost Song (Cyber Shadow used to be but is expired). Some like Ghost Song are also on the Humble Games Collection, if you have that.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'd rather pay cash up front for the privilege of having games i'll never play always available than a monthly subscription to an uncontrolled rotating list of games i'll never play

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Seconding the gamepass option for half of those, tried ghostsong on there and i thought it was awful so the 10 bucks for gamepass could potentially save you some cash if you bounce off some of these.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Cowcaster posted:

i'd rather pay cash up front for the privilege of having games i'll never play always available than a monthly subscription to an uncontrolled rotating list of games i'll never play

Yeah I don't like feeling compelled to play a game in a limited time window. Ruins the fun in a lot of cases. Being able to just buy stuff on sale and enjoy it at my leisure has a lot of value.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What's up with the Tales of Arise DLC?

Only half of it is on sale, the stuff not on sale is literally just some "+X levels to party" and extra gold. Seems like the sale stuff is mostly a bunch of cosmetic options.

I can't even tell what DLC is and isn't included in the various versions.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How is:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/493900/Dungeons_3/

ie is the original Dungeon Keeper better, or go with Dungeons 1 or 2 or something else entirely for that specific genre? Apparently I have the base #3 on epic, but no dlc for it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/673880/Warhammer_40000_Mechanicus/

Complete collection worth it, or just get the base game? I have it on epic for free but eh idk...I don't like playing things on epic. I could probably skip this one i guess

rate my cart

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
If you enjoyed Greedfall enough to get DLC for it, my hat's off to you.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Cowcaster posted:

Yeah, agreed, I had GP for the time it was like $1 for six months and I never used it once.

I ended up buying Norco mainly because of the art style, game seems fine, more of a visual novel, but price is good anyway. Writing seems above average.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

anilEhilated posted:

If you enjoyed Greedfall enough to get DLC for it, my hat's off to you.

I own every spiders game except Steelrising

edit: apparently I don't have Faery or Orcs and Men

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sab669 posted:

But what if I don't like platformers at all :(

sorry i think this makes you a literal monster

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sab669 posted:

But what if I don't like platformers at all :( Couldn't even guess the last Mario game I played. 64, probably?

I'm gonna back up this goon on this one

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How is:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/493900/Dungeons_3/

ie is the original Dungeon Keeper better, or go with Dungeons 1 or 2 or something else entirely for that specific genre? Apparently I have the base #3 on epic, but no dlc for it.

If you're in for a modern Dungeon Keeper, I feel like War for the Overworld is the best modern successor.

quote:

rate my cart

Cthulhu Saves Christmas is short, linear, and stupidly hilarious. Great thematic game to play right now. If you're into the genre, I can't recommend Cosmic Star Heroine enough (75% off right now), by the same authors. It's a very good old school jrpg, with quality of life all over the place, so you won't be grinding slimes, but moving from area to area as the story unfolds.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

big cummers ONLY posted:

I’ve been mostly off work this past week and have put a good 14 hours into it. It rules. I was going to just mainline the story but I’ve ended up doing like all the little collectathon things and even the online stuff (a bit). Creating your little orc army and capturing cool orcs is a lot of fun.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

FishMcCool posted:

If you're in for a modern Dungeon Keeper, I feel like War for the Overworld is the best modern successor.

Cthulhu Saves Christmas is short, linear, and stupidly hilarious. Great thematic game to play right now. If you're into the genre, I can't recommend Cosmic Star Heroine enough (75% off right now), by the same authors. It's a very good old school jrpg, with quality of life all over the place, so you won't be grinding slimes, but moving from area to area as the story unfolds.

Seconding all of this

War for the Overworld is the modern Dungeon Keeper for sure.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

shadow of war owns

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

shadow of war is still, to date, the premier orc dating game.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

kazil posted:

sorry if you were expecting Dark Souls to go on sale ever again

I 've given up on ever playing 2 and 3 before Elden Ring.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
lol if u haven't bought dark souls 1 at least 3 separate times by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

lol if u haven't bought dark souls 1 at least 3 separate times by now

pc. ps3. ps4. switch. xbox.