Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

The Postman posted:

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1OyKAVlPQznGb

Elon is currently live and blaming everything on the fed. I'm sure some nice clips will surface!

Can you make twitter the main UI of the Tesla?

Elon: Um yeah I think, yeah, we can probably do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'm glad I'm a veteran of the buttcoin thread, because I'm in the middle of selling a car and I'd be sorely tempted to just take all that money and bet it on puts, but the real world has been the very definition of irrational, so I'm sure it would end up shooting to 694.20 as soon as i actually have money on the line

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So rising interest rates have accounted for a what… 34% drop in stock price since April? The rest of the market doesn’t reflect that kind of loss and that includes both the S&P and Nasdaq

Even by musk’s logic it doesn’t make sense

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I like when he said there was nothing he could have done differently in the past few months that would have improved the situation at Tesla. Nothing at all. Perfect execution so far!

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/avstorm/status/1605830729060868096?t=V6le_soIaWpVQU3bAFvA0g&s=19

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

A woman asked him why he's saying transphobic stuff, says she has a trans child, and he was just like "I'm not going to suppress my views" lol jesus

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Musk also has a trans-child who disowned him.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

A woman asked him why he's saying transphobic stuff, says she has a trans child, and he was just like "I'm not going to suppress my views" lol jesus

Lmao he doesn’t understand who buys Teslas and that’s so goddamned funny. To be clear, his bigotry isn’t funny but the fact that he says insanely tone-deaf poo poo like this absolutely is. Holy poo poo man, just lie. Every CEO lies and spouts milquetoast platitudes to placate shareholders. “

“Telling it like it is”/being a bigoted shithead works for Trump because he doesn’t run billion dollar publicly held companies. JFC

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

You dare criticize the Nazi-sympathizing plutocrat I worship? You must be deranged! :smug:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

cynic posted:

Reading this thread, I am reminded of a meeting I was in with the c-suite of my company. There were some meeting conflicts with our SEO department and a fairly junior member of staff was sent along. Someone who definitely wasn't paid enough for their level of insightful candour. The grand-high-dictator of the company had an idea and our friend and ally instinctively responded; "Dawg, that supervillain as gently caress!". A bunch of people who earned 100x what they earned pondered on this for a few minutes, then unanimously agreed and we never mentioned the bad strategy again. The member of staff got a huge award and all-expenses trip at the end of the year. So the opposite of what Elon-twitter are doing right now.

I can only assume this trip was a trick so they could hunt him for sport

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You dare criticize the Nazi-sympathizing plutocrat I worship? You must be deranged! :smug:

I thought that was kanye

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Frank Frank posted:

So rising interest rates have accounted for a what… 34% drop in stock price since April? The rest of the market doesn’t reflect that kind of loss and that includes both the S&P and Nasdaq

Even by musk’s logic it doesn’t make sense

Yes well you see the Liberals, MSM and shadow cabal are all trying to take down Musk for speaking the truth. Has he really said anything that would drive off people by listening to only one side, upset his target base that want clean healthy vehicles, or sink the very company he bought for billions?

Probably even some perverts trying to get him.

Total conspiracy! People are mad he's owning the libs!

It's quite shameful if you think about it.

Great time to buy Telsa stock!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ups_rail posted:

I thought that was kanye

Alt-right mad libs

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I wonder how well Musk's cars are selling with the audience he's been courting.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

The Postman posted:

Elon is currently live and blaming everything on the fed. I'm sure some nice clips will surface!

It's fun to work at the Fed at times like this

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Armitage posted:

I wonder how well Musk's cars are selling with the audience he's been courting.

They're asking for gas cars.

No really.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
After hours trading is booming, the day before all the actual traders dump bad stock....

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

The Last Call posted:

No really.

lmao

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

make it so telsas just tweet at each other with no human intervention

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Postman posted:

Again anyone who can remember better then me please correct me if I m wrong.

Money has been super duper cheap for over a decade. Institutions could just roll over their loans. and plow that money into to long term projects like twitter.

Elon taking twitter private increased the amount of debit twitter/elon have.

Elon can just barrow or roll over his loans twitter has to be able to break even.

This is the feds fault for making barrowing more costly.

Also Elon is a super duper smart man....a rocket man....a car man.....and maybe even an assman!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Last Call posted:

No really.

Wait, audience is asking for Tesla gasoline powered cars?

:dafuq:

Wait, no. This makes sense. His primary audience now is chuds and they have no interest in electric vehicles. I can’t wait for the COAL ROLLING Cybertruck that produces 40% extra carcinogens

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Pfft, I thought Elon was a tool before he showed his rear end to the entire internet.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

This one got a good chuckle out of me, its actually a gif :laffo:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

(not mine. no idea where it came from. If it was I would have made Wario's "W" into a Tesla "T")

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 23, 2022

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ups_rail posted:

I thought that was kanye

I still get a good chuckle out of Elon Rick Bisch performatively banning Kanye then immediately joining Dave Chappelle onstage after he defended Kanye on live television.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Genuine lmao

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Musk doesnt deserve to cosplay Wario.

Wario stole Mario's castle that one time and did a bunch of other cool stuff. atleast the Wario in the timeline where he wears a purple and yellow outfit.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Elon actually resembles Warioware Inc. era Wario quite a bit.
Wasn't his whole thing taking credit from all of his actual workers and then running away with the money?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

jadebullet posted:

I've been getting push notifications of his tweets despite not following him. It's kinda annoying.

I posted this same thing shortly after he was forced to buy the site. I don't really tweet or interact with anyone but I have the app on my phone and the instant he bought it I started getting blown up with every stupid thought he farted out

E the Shaggy posted:

"ELON IS THERE A WAY FOR TESLA TO CONNECT TO OUR TWITTER PROFILES??"

Lol I'm out.

A guy cuts me off in traffic and I immediately shriek about it into the dashboard of my Tesla, which converts it into a Tweet before veering into a second grader and bursting into flames

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hazo posted:

A guy cuts me off in traffic and I immediately shriek about it into the dashboard of my Tesla, which converts it into a Tweet before veering into a second grader and bursting into flames

No it's doesn't start a Lithium fire unless/until a firetruck or ambulance show up.

:teslaget:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

there's now more than a 0% chance that musk will start pushing for tesla to make a non-electric car if his chud buddies on twitter tell him to lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I haven't seen a stock collapse like this since Enron

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
can someone bait elon into saying free speech stuff about china?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Libra posted:

Elon actually resembles Warioware Inc. era Wario quite a bit.
Wasn't his whole thing taking credit from all of his actual workers and then running away with the money?

Yeah, except in the end all his employees caught up to him and beat him up and took their fair shares back leaving Wario to figure out what just happened. I think since then he's been less overtly greedy like that.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

MrQwerty posted:

I haven't seen a stock collapse like this since Enron
I was wondering about that today. TSLA is down over 21% just this week.
As far as I can remember, there were no significant financial, auto industry, or tech-related events this week.
There weren’t even any Tesla-related events, other than them doubling the current discount for the next week or so.

Has this ever happened before?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I was wondering about that today. TSLA is down over 21% just this week.
As far as I can remember, there were no significant financial, auto industry, or tech-related events this week.
There weren’t even any Tesla-related events, other than them doubling the current discount for the next week or so.

It was sears that got turned into a weird libertarian wankfest yeah? Imagine if they'd had twitter.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Multi-hundred-billionaires weren't allowed to tweet to the world about what a dipshit they are until right now and im here for it

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 23, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FPzero posted:

Yeah, except in the end all his employees caught up to him and beat him up and took their fair shares back leaving Wario to figure out what just happened. I think since then he's been less overtly greedy like that.

Also Wario is an endearing figure on some level, Elon is just a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

hemale in pain posted:

there's now more than a 0% chance that musk will start pushing for tesla to make a non-electric car if his chud buddies on twitter tell him to lol

It'd be funny to see them try. It would take several billion in R&D and billions more in new manufacturing facilities to get that off the ground and I doubt there's many investors that would want to stump up the cash for that.