Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

christmas boots posted:

I hope Dune 2 and Avatar 3 come out at the same time

Avatar 3: The Destiny if the Desert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

christmas boots posted:

Remember how there was that one guy in the first two seasons who was supposed to be like the Jim of the show, and then he left but his parting gift was this like immaculately designed plan for a park, and then like two seasons later they needed a design for a park and no one mentioned it at all? lmao get hosed guy

iirc he left to do a different show that didn't even get picked up lmfao

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I genuinely think some exec thought he was actually a libertarian because of the character

I think they gave the character a couple of Offerman's actual hobbies, like woodworking. That's already way too complicated for a tv exec

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

they axed him cause they were adding two characters and needed to cut salary to afford Lowe is what I read at the time

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Knight posted:

Duncan Idaho, ghola friend of Paul and Chani's children

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Well luckily he'll have a recurring role on the upcoming Netflix series "Florida Man"

quote:

Mike Valentine is a struggling ex-cop forced to return to his home state of Florida to find a Philly mobster's runaway girlfriend. What should be a quick gig becomes a spiraling journey into buried family secrets and an increasingly futile attempt to do the right thing.

Kind of a waste of a title, tbh. If I was going to make a show called that I think I'd pitch it as a kind of "My Name Is Earl" style comedy about a recovering meth addict and his pet gator

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

christmas boots posted:

Well luckily he'll have a recurring role on the upcoming Netflix series "Florida Man"

Kind of a waste of a title, tbh. If I was going to make a show called that I think I'd pitch it as a kind of "My Name Is Earl" style comedy about a recovering meth addict and his pet gator

the florida man episode of atlanta sets the bar for that way too high, tho I could watch kat williams doing some x files poo poo with it for a season at least

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i say swears online posted:

what's funny is that west wing was rob lowe's big comeback show

speaking of Lowe, did anyone else watch Moonbeam City? it wasn't great, but i enjoyed it a lot and it was fun. sure it was just like an 80svaporwave throwback copy-cat of Archer, but still. wish it had got another season.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The sequel has them extracting adrenochrome from sentient whales to grant immortality
thank you. you've saved me forty dollars and/or suffering through an online review

fandomsecrets on livejournal used to be good for this kind of thing, no idea if it still exists. i never experienced any of the media the secrets were about - i didn't need to, the livejournal drama was the main event and you kind of learnt the whole narrative by osmosis

Spangly A posted:

The fusing and the sex both worked by sticking your hair tentacles in a brainhole I think? It's been a while
ok but how did it defeat america

Frosted Flake posted:

In the first movie, they weren’t willing or prepared to burn the planet to ash to get the minerals
lol was that seriously a plot point

can someone please just tell me in simple language how the space cats repelled the human invaders. i am trying to work out cameron's message to the audience. what does he think we should do. if it comes down to "humans would never burn a whole ecosystem just to get to the minerals", then,

a strange fowl has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Dec 22, 2022

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the only thing i know about avatar is that at one point a guy piloting a mech suit pulls out a robot-sized combat knife to fight with

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Zokari posted:

the only thing i know about avatar is that at one point a guy piloting a mech suit pulls out a robot-sized combat knife to fight with
how do the cats defeat the mech. do they slip in through the cracks and piss everywhere and ruin all the electronics

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

jake sully delivers a big speech to several tribes of navi to get them to help fight and it works for a bit with heavy casualties for the navi but then it appears that theyre going to lose so the forest god intervenes ansd sends velociraptors and rhinos to help. they shoot arrows at the mech. i hope this brings you peace

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
somehow the future military robots cannot stand up to arrows, rocks, and alien animals

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
excuse this semi off topic post.
gently caress the current crop of Christmas Country music. This is the year it took over the radio in Los Angeles, because the only people who listen to radio are people who want background noise or people who are super into manipulating pop-culture, and the people who are super into pop culture are into country because it's not rap and has a lot of words, so they can talk about it.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

a strange fowl posted:

can someone please just tell me in simple language how the space cats repelled the human invaders. i am trying to work out cameron's message to the audience. what does he think we should do. if it comes down to "humans would never burn a whole ecosystem just to get to the minerals", then,

basically the na'vi are big blue sexy ewoks and use the power of being Noble Savages to beat up the humans, who to be fair are doing a pretty lovely job at the whole colonialism thing and only brought one mechwarrior and some assault rifles with them for security

the message to the audience is the same as like, fern gully

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 00:04 on Dec 23, 2022

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

excuse this semi off topic post.
gently caress the current crop of Christmas Country music. This is the year it took over the radio in Los Angeles, because the only people who listen to radio are people who want background noise or people who are super into manipulating pop-culture, and the people who are super into pop culture are into country because it's not rap and has a lot of words, so they can talk about it.

Country music in California. That is something.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

DoubleDonut posted:

somehow the future military robots cannot stand up to arrows, rocks, and alien animals

Relatedly ewoks as vietcong has always kinda bugged me because, like, they had surface to air missiles and poo poo. They were famously really good at artillery! They weren't running around with bow and arrows

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Relatedly ewoks as vietcong has always kinda bugged me because, like, they had surface to air missiles and poo poo. They were famously really good at artillery! They weren't running around with bow and arrows

The leader of the ewoks trained as a chef on Alderaan.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
The Ewoks were not Vietcong, they were little bears that lived in Oregon

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

rashida jones starred in Angie tribeca, a modern take on police squad, which was pretty good

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Did this thread watch Triangle of Sadness

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

net work error posted:

i pirated it but i havent watched it yet. its on my plex tho. naybe this weekend

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

yah I saw it

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

indigi posted:

lol oh yeah

e: he would of pulled April aside and been like "do you have any friends"

Lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

net work error posted:

Yeah its good not great

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
A childmolestor i knew loved park and rec.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Femur posted:

A childmolestor i knew loved park and rec.

what forum did they mod

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Xaris posted:

what forum did they mod

:vince:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah its good not great

I just finished watching it and agree. Wanted to give it a must watch recommendation but on reflection it wasn't worthy of that high praise.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Apparently they're backing down on the Cavil stuff?

https://twitter.com/Above_water3/status/1605456321582551041/photo/1

lol @ this messy Witcher drama

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
the stretched fonts on those tweets look shady as gently caress

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

christmas boots posted:

o word, the incredibly stupid twitter poo poo drama turned out to be fake twitter drama?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

christmas boots posted:

Apparently they're backing down on the Cavil stuff?

https://twitter.com/Above_water3/status/1605456321582551041/photo/1

First off, Duh.

Second: Lol at anyone who actually took this seriously

Third: Betting she got a very angry phonecall from some very angry lawyer people

McCloud has issued a correction as of 02:48 on Dec 23, 2022

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

loquacius posted:

Aubrey Plaza should be in more poo poo tbh but she's out of residual P&R fame by this point

Plaza's had a pretty big year with White Lotus season 2 and Emily the Criminal. Wikipedia says that she's going to be in both the upcoming Wandavision spinoff and Coppola's sci-fi epic which he financed with $100 million of his own money.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
watched "Violent Night" last night - it was very good

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

indigi posted:

parks and rec is weird for the plotline where a >32 year old hooks up with a recent high school graduate and it's just, fine

nobody even once is like "dog are you sure you wanna do this" to either of them

the exact ages are 29 and 21 i remember this because theres a whole bit about the divide by two add seven rule the wacky indian guy say its not creepy because halves dont count and then chris pratt admits in cutaway that if tom thinks that they probably should

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

At the risk of sounding uncool...
What is plex?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

IIRC they get married after like 6 months of dating and the main character wants to tell them not to do it but doesn't and then it works fine and everything is fine

i always wondered whether that plot point was motivated by aubrey plazas parents not wanting her to move in with a guy unless they were married first because her just going "fine ill marry him first" would be an extremely in character passive aggressive response to that demand

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

What is plex?

The communist version of Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

What is plex?

Plex is a free software that let's you stream and share your digital media across devices and with other people.