Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Beeftweeter posted:

ever since he said that i've been trying to figure out what the gently caress that means (my conclusion is that hes a huge dumbass and its nothing)

very much backed by other recent statements, so yeah:

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1606063438987345920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The mask has driven into the back of a fire truck

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1606061640746614785?s=20&t=o6osRl2ikMGluupX5ZQURA

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1606061870653132800?s=20&t=o6osRl2ikMGluupX5ZQURA

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1606062210937245719?s=20&t=o6osRl2ikMGluupX5ZQURA

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

nudgenudgetilt posted:

if i had 1M, i'd probably spend it on servers.

all sorts of weird 90s poo poo like irix and hpux and aix boxes (oh my!)

good news you can probably build out a really nice collection for two orders of magnitude less or so, paging eschaton (look for old computer poo poo thread or retro pc thread or the non-x86 threads)

its not as cheap or easy to find as it used to be but its out there; prepare to spend a lot of time on forums with weirdos

loud and slow as poo poo and annoying but you can go hog wild

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
grimes banging chelsea utterly destroyed elon's brain jesus christ

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

in a well actually posted:

loud and slow as poo poo and annoying

leave me out of this please

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

wow

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

elons gonna be tweeting on average 25 times per hour all through the holidays, no breaks for sleep until next year lol

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Again, he did recently follow Rowling on Twitter, so let there be no confusion as to the motive there.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

:chefkiss:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:confused:

"I don't hate {x} people, but I won't stop talking poo poo publicly about {x} people."

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i don't hate them, i just will defend to the death my own right to say how much i hate them and how they should all be rounded up into camps and killed

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also i know a friend of a friend who's both a huge annoying musk stan and also trans so i hope they're having some serious self-reflection moments right now and ahah lol who am i kidding i'm sure they've cognitive dissonanced themselves into a nice tidy box somehow

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Carthag Tuek posted:

elons gonna be tweeting on average 25 times per hour all through the holidays, no breaks for sleep until next year lol

merry Christmas ya filthy animal lmao

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

i don't hate them, i just will defend to the death my own right to say how much i hate them and how they should all be rounded up into camps and killed

I guess gender dysphoria is that woke mind virus he keeps talking about. What a clown.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Carthag Tuek posted:

I mean who is he going to spend it with? Just the h1bs he forces to stay at Twitter working the entire time by threat of deportation.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I made the mistake of logging into twitter today and the top recommended post was fear mongering about transgender teachers.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

my friend tried to get me to be direct friends with said musk stan once ("they're into building electronic things just like you!") and gave them my discord handle, and out of the blue one day they sent me a short video of a stepper motor spinning around a few times while they said in the background "this is my robot boyfriend" and then the video ended. i think i responded to that but they never replied after that, so that was the only message i ever got from them.

that was a few years ago and i still think about that enigmatic robot boyfriend now and then

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

in a well actually posted:

prepare to spend a lot of time on forums with weirdos

never

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

kdrudy posted:

I mean who is he going to spend it with? Just the h1bs he forces to stay at Twitter working the entire time by threat of deportation.

Exactly

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

musk is so butthurt about trans people because his trans daughter was so ashamed of him she disowned him and changed her last name lol

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Tesla stock is down worse than BTC, lmao:

https://twitter.com/julianfeeld/status/1606040734372483073

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

akadajet posted:

I made the mistake of logging into twitter today and the top recommended post was fear mongering about transgender teachers.

i've brought this up a few times in different threads but the fearmongering around transpeople is like, verbatim the exact same fearmongering that was done about gays like 15 years ago with one or two words swapped out. "oh they're going to turn your boys gay into girls!!" for example

and i feel like this is so obvious to the queer community and decent allies (like pretty much everyone in the 'pos tbf) that it doesn't get mentioned, and that's a problem. i've seen people fall for it who probably consider themselves to be allies, would see the obvious bullshit if the same arguments were leveled against gays, and who really should know better. so i think it should be pointed out as often as possible, because queer people seem to consider it obvious enough to not even bother bringing it up, but at the same time it is not at all obvious to a lot of otherwise well-meaning people.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

i've brought this up a few times in different threads but the fearmongering around transpeople is like, verbatim the exact same fearmongering that was done about gays like 15 years ago with one or two words swapped out. "oh they're going to turn your boys gay into girls!!" for example

oh it's exactly the same, right down to the "gay trans people are all groomers"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lol. lmao. rofl.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

when BTC crashed the GPU shortage ended. Hopefully TSLA crashing will help ease the chip shortage even more.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/kloogans/status/1606086916184555526

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

akadajet posted:

when BTC crashed the GPU shortage ended. Hopefully TSLA crashing will help ease the chip shortage even more.
Pretty sure we've seen teslas crash many times now

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

lol

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1606090306285232128?s=20&t=Vn4fEMjbQ8TrCOYoUgUUYw

he tweeted this and got a search ban within 20 minutes. his name doesn't even appear in the search listings if you type his username. he has 1.2 million followers

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

Shame Boy posted:

and i feel like this is so obvious to the queer community and decent allies (like pretty much everyone in the 'pos tbf) that it doesn't get mentioned

people talk about the return of section 28 here on terf island, fwiw

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

akadajet posted:

IDK Teslas crash all the time and all that's done is reduce the number of first responders.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

akadajet posted:

oh it's exactly the same, right down to the "gay trans people are all groomers"

yeah absolutely, and i think most queer people (and other decent people who are cue'd in to queer issues well enough) see it immediately and find it so obvious that they don't think to even point it out. yet i've absolutely seen more i guess "casually allied" people who realize the whole "gay people are all groomers!" line is bullshit turn around and buy into "trans people are all groomers!" hook, line and sinker, so it def needs to be pointed out explicitly more imo

e: like i guess it just frustrates me that seemingly 100% of the rhetoric from the queer side is just responding directly to the accusations instead of pointing out how it's literally the same accusations leveled against gays and it's exactly as wrong and wrong for the same reasons as it was then. i feel like putting it in that context would do a heck of a lot more to sway people that are like "gosh I support the gays but this whole TURNING OUR BOYS INTO GIRLS thing seems wrong!"

anyway whatever i'm mad about gender tonight i guess !!!!

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Dec 23, 2022

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

thank u

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Shame Boy posted:

yeah absolutely, and i think most queer people (and other decent people who are cue'd in to queer issues well enough) see it immediately and find it so obvious that they don't think to even point it out. yet i've absolutely seen more i guess "casually allied" people who realize the whole "gay people are all groomers!" line is bullshit turn around and buy into "trans people are all groomers!" hook, line and sinker, so it def needs to be pointed out explicitly more imo

e: like i guess it just frustrates me that seemingly 100% of the rhetoric from the queer side is just responding directly to the accusations instead of pointing out how it's literally the same accusations leveled against gays and it's exactly as wrong and wrong for the same reasons as it was then. i feel like putting it in that context would do a heck of a lot more to sway people that are like "gosh I support the gays but this whole TURNING OUR BOYS INTO GIRLS thing seems wrong!"

The real lovely part is the fygm gays like Andrew Sullivan and Peter Thiel who have gone full mask off transphobe once they got money and the right to a marriage certificate.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1606064500909608960

His own cars are trying to finish off what his McLaren didn't.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Shame Boy posted:

idk there’s a significant number of rich assimilated cis gays who are super quick to pull up the ladder behind them; and terf came from radfem discourse which are uh as a community a significant fraction is non-hetero; see also michfest

none of us is free until all of us is etc.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

It's also not even just "oh it's similar to fearmongering about gays in a way that fearmongering about gay rights was similar to fearmongering about same sex marriage or whatever before that"; the anti-transgender fearmongering is literally originating from anti-LGBTQ groups who would like to say the same thing about cis gay people but just realized that since public opinion on transgender rights hasn't yet become established to the same degree as on gay rights, by forming groups ostensibly focusing on anti-transgender concern trolling they still have an opportunity to try to use anti-transgender hate as a wedge against LGBTQ rights in general.

The other novel trick is using puppet TERF organizations to whitewash transphobia as "feminism", but it's still just the same bigotry and the same bigots as before

mystes fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 23, 2022

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mystes posted:

It's also not even just "oh it's similar to fearmongering about gays in a way that fearmongering about gay rights was similar to fearmongering about same sex marriage or whatever before that"; the anti-transgender fearmongering is literally originating from anti-LGBTQ groups who would like to say the same thing about cis gay people but just realized that since public opinion on transgender rights hasn't yet become established to the same degree as on gay rights, by forming groups ostensibly focusing on anti-transgender concern trolling they still have an opportunity to try to use anti-transgender hate as a wedge against LGBTQ rights in general.

The other novel trick is using putative TERF organizations to whitewash transphobia as "feminism", but it's still just the same bigotry and the same bigots as before

beyond even that, you can track quite a few of the arguments all the way back to the 50's when they were about interracial marriage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The entire thing got rolling as far as I can tell in 2010 or so while the right-wing noise machine was reeling from losing on gay marriage at SCOTUS, and the first North Carolina bathroom bill was around about 2010 or 2011. And since then it's just been the same god drat thing over and over. It was really obvious.