Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

6 is worth watching just for the end with the best burn in the whole drat series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

6 is worth watching just for the end with the best burn in the whole drat series

jfc how could you say that about Han’s fiery car wreck, absolutely heartless

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

How many times will that scene be retconned before the series ends

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

5 and 6 are definitely the highlights of the franchise. 7 has Paul Walker's death hanging over it and 8-9 have kind of lost the plot focusing way too much on Dominic Toretto - Super God.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I think Statham as a villain might be the best though. He’s just so menacing and causing havoc whenever he shows up in 7.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Statham just randomly popping up places was great

I really wish the tower jump scene had Statham popping his head out at lower and lower windows to shoot rockets at Brian and Dom as they zig zag leap frog the car all the way down to the ground

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

How many times will that scene be retconned before the series ends

explaining the timeline and how the studio deadass went “we love this guy, everyone loves this guy, we’re gonna shuffle up the chronological order also yeah gently caress it we’re gonna say “Better Luck Tomorrow” is canon” to my friends was a delight

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I assume the series is gonna end with the reveal that Cipher is Mr. Nobody's daughter, because family.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Tunicate posted:

I assume the series is gonna end with the reveal that Cipher is Mr. Nobody's daughter, because family.

It ends with a giant super-rooftop party featuring every character who has ever had speaking lines, including the dead ones because Dominic Torreto has become the Car Jesus and saved us all from the eternal damnation of, I dunno, riding a bus or subway. Except for Brian because Paul Walker is dead and Hobbs because gently caress your Black Adam rear end Dwayne Johnson this MY FRANCHISE ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Or sister

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Everyone posted:

It ends with a giant super-rooftop party featuring every character who has ever had speaking lines, including the dead ones because Dominic Torreto has become the Car Jesus and saved us all from the eternal damnation of, I dunno, riding a bus or subway. Except for Brian because Paul Walker is dead and Hobbs because gently caress your Black Adam rear end Dwayne Johnson this MY FRANCHISE ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Isn’t that basically the end of Fast 8

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

the escape goat posted:

explaining the timeline and how the studio deadass went “we love this guy, everyone loves this guy, we’re gonna shuffle up the chronological order also yeah gently caress it we’re gonna say “Better Luck Tomorrow” is canon” to my friends was a delight

I just watched that, it was ok to so-so I feel. Han was pretty much a non-character in it. His role was just to look cool and he had much less than about five other characters in the film. And really his character is an ineffectual doofus in it, but it's not his fault he's in a directorial debut indie drama. It's an okay movie for about 2/3rds, has its moments.

I'd rather watch Young & Dangerous or 25th Hour or something like that. I don't think it adds to Han in this series, on the canon thing. And he does have a different last name. At least these guys got a career out of it. I guess we could find it interesting that even the cool legend Han was once a heinously flawed idiot in his youth. But that makes it sound more interesting than it is, since he gets so little substance in the film. I'm rambling. I guess I found the movie a bit baffling by the end. Just a hodgepodge of trying to fit in with other movies of its ilk. But it's this kind of close but not quite film that makes you ramble. It's a movie.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm an Asian American who was in college when BLT came out and I found it extremely disappointing at the time--so many of my peers were hyping it up so much as a big point of pride and representation, but it felt so lacking in substance. That ending especially was ehhh.

That said, I'm glad it led to better things for both the director and Han.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Heavy Metal posted:

I just watched that, it was ok to so-so I feel. Han was pretty much a non-character in it. His role was just to look cool and he had much less than about five other characters in the film.

this is also true of most of his F&F appearances

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Granted, he still comes out smelling like roses in the Fast films though. You can have a positive experience as the fifth banana. Take those Ocean's movies, you can still hold your head high in a big ensemble with a few fun moments.

Speaking of which, Al Pacino should be in Fast X.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

You can tell the directors just think he's a really cool guy in general.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
I imagine Gal Gadot will be back in some capacity now that they're officially doing no more Wonder Woman movies

Heavy Metal posted:

Speaking of which, Al Pacino should be in Fast X.

It should be De Niro, he was in Ronin. Or Ryan O'Neal is he's still up for acting. Has Pacino done an iconic car movie?

High Warlord Zog fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 15, 2022

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

High Warlord Zog posted:

I imagine Gal Gadot will be back in some capacity now that they're officially doing no more Wonder Woman movies

Of all the "deaths" that people suffered over the series, hers was one of the more plausible ones to actually survive. Heck, compared to some of the things people visually survived, she was done dirty.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

100%. Dom would've rolled and jogged out of that.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
She can be a cyborg now like Idris Elba in the spin-off. Though I’m also ok if they just ignore that film.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

High Warlord Zog posted:

It should be De Niro, he was in Ronin. Or Ryan O'Neal is he's still up for acting. Has Pacino done an iconic car movie?

Also would be incredible! Al did once arguably get the better of De Niro in a car situation one time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU60gUOTBVU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

iamsosmrt posted:

Of all the "deaths" that people suffered over the series, hers was one of the more plausible ones to actually survive. Heck, compared to some of the things people visually survived, she was done dirty.

Flash back to the runway, Mr Nobody is hiding behind a bush by the runway with a big soft pillow

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Heck, I half expect Cipher to end up a family member by part 11, revealing that Elena was actually hit with some Hi-Tech stun or tranq gun and is ready to share joint custody with Dom.

If they really want people invested in a villain, make it so that person has killed Brian off screen before the movie starts. There's no face turn from that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mia coming back has definitely screwed up their write off of Brian. Because there's no circumstance where she would show up but he wouldn't. IIRC there was a rumor that they were going to try and deep fake Paul Walker back but I don't think that ever actually happened.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

Mia coming back has definitely screwed up their write off of Brian. Because there's no circumstance where she would show up but he wouldn't. IIRC there was a rumor that they were going to try and deep fake Paul Walker back but I don't think that ever actually happened.

He's at home with the kids!

It's not really a big deal to me because it kind of sucks to have your role eliminated because someone else died.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Heavy Metal posted:

Also would be incredible! Al did once arguably get the better of De Niro in a car situation one time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU60gUOTBVU

They should just make FF10 into an adaptation of Heat 2.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

She’s got a great FAMILY!

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Lobok posted:

He's at home with the kids!

It's not really a big deal to me because it kind of sucks to have your role eliminated because someone else died.

“Hey Brian’s just picking up the groceries he’ll be here in time to free dom from Guantanamo bay”

“Ahhh he just texted me he had to go somewhere else they were out of oranges let’s just go without him” *key chord from see you again by wiz Khalifa and Charlie puth plays*

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Out on the town having the time of my life with a bunch of Family. They're all just out of frame, Brian's laughing too.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Cacator posted:

They should just make FF10 into an adaptation of Heat 2.

Heat 2 was the dad-est book ever written and it was loving amazing.
I have no idea how the hell they are actually going to cast it, but according to an interview with Michael Mann, they've got plans already.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1606064046888738816

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

itshappening.gif

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

AFewBricksShy posted:

Heat 2 was the dad-est book ever written and it was loving amazing.
I have no idea how the hell they are actually going to cast it, but according to an interview with Michael Mann, they've got plans already.

For better or worse Mann seems like the kind of director who'd leap at the chance to play around with digital de-aging

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

High Warlord Zog posted:

For better or worse Mann seems like the kind of director who'd leap at the chance to play around with digital de-aging

me im hoping for anime flashback

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Who the gently caress was asking for this? She’s both the worst character and actor in the franchise.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

me, I was

if Han survived Gisele easily could've survived

I hope she comes back with a sick road rash scar

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That is funny, but I can't fault 'em. Doesn't make a lot of sense to focus on her character for the last couple movies story wise. But then again I do want more Han, and if her and Han get together... that's family.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bring back Vince and Jesse and the crap tuna

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Mandrel posted:

me, I was

if Han survived Gisele easily could've survived

I hope she comes back with a sick road rash scar

Or do what I'd do. Just say "gently caress it, time travel."

Adbot