Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Feel like Breer tweeting this has to be a sign

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1606133700214886400?s=46&t=5q7fAwixQaNUbZ46yRpYEg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nothing we didn't already know.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
He kicked the ball out........ Is that legal?

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Oh my godddddd this Jets team

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL @ getting 3 points against this miserable defense. That is hard to do if you try.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Honestly no idea what Wilson could have done there to prevent that fumble, beyond falling to the ground before he got Kung Fu Panda-d

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Honestly no idea what Wilson could have done there to prevent that fumble, beyond falling to the ground before he got Kung Fu Panda-d

How is it legal to kick the loving ball out?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

How is it legal to kick the loving ball out?

It's apparently only illegal to kick it out intentionally.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Streveler doesn't really look like he has an arm worth talking about, but he has good mobility and he can actually run the offense so I'm thinking just ride him until White is ready to come back

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

There's no question that an opponent with time to prepare will shut Streveler down pretty well, but it will at least extract some value from the last two games from a roster evaluation perspective

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Long way from 7-4.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Get rid of every QB but Mike White, sign Jacoby Brissett, trade for one of Jackson/Carr/Garopollo/Murray, make this poo poo never happen again.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Jingle Bells
New York smells
Wilson laid an egg

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

pasaluki posted:

Jingle Bells
New York smells
Wilson laid an egg

It’s all the refs
Mcmagic says
And Mike White’s still in pain

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The height of Zach Wilson’s career will be that time someone said he was “Mormon Mahomes”.

Instead he’s a poor man’s Chris Streveler.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Streveler doesn't really look like he has an arm worth talking about, but he has good mobility and he can actually run the offense so I'm thinking just ride him until White is ready to come back

It's honestly incredible he's stuck around in the NFL at any level as long as he has cause he was not good in the cfl either

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

However :

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Imagine losing to Zack Wilson. Clearly Jacksonville are the superior team to the Bills.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

The height of Zach Wilson’s career will be that time someone said he was “Mormon Mahomes”.

Instead he’s a poor man’s Chris Streveler.

The height of Wilson’s career was all the MILF jokes a few months back. Those were more memorable than any positive plays he had in a game.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah but then it turned out the "MILF" was only like 28 so even the luster on THAT is tarnished too.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Professor Funk posted:

113 yards for Evan Engram lmao

And a very loud "gently caress OFF" following some sideline stiff arming that was very audible on TV

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status/1606128558409220096

https://twitter.com/billsimmons/status/1606117459915726848?s=46&t=ItSz-7YFntsAtdsjkne7MQ

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Saleh declined to speculate on his Week 17 starter. Chances are, they will go back to White (fractured ribs), but he still hasn't been cleared for contact. If he's not cleared, the Jets will have a tough decision.

"We haven't seen the last of him," Saleh said of Wilson.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

is pepsi ok posted:

Saleh declined to speculate on his Week 17 starter. Chances are, they will go back to White (fractured ribs), but he still hasn't been cleared for contact. If he's not cleared, the Jets will have a tough decision.

"We haven't seen the last of him," Saleh said of Wilson.

You haven't because you work with him, but that doesn't mean we have to :hmmyes:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I still think Saleh is a good coach but he really botched managing his quarterbacks and it cost the Jets their season.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

fsif posted:

I still think Saleh is a good coach but he really botched managing his quarterbacks and it cost the Jets their season.

Kinda reminds me of Flores.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

fsif posted:

Uhhh. I get that this sucks for the Jets, but I'm not sure how quickly it's possible to trashcan a #2 pick. He's done everything possible to build an environment for Wilson to succeed and it's not worked. That's mostly on Wilson. You can argue about going a game or so earlier, or identifying White as the better backup sooner, but it's not Flores grade mismanagement and undermining.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's really easy to bench a guy who sucks like Wilson does. He has clearly been the worst player in the NFL every week he has played. You don't have to hold a press conference saying "yeah we totally hosed up the pick, this guy is worthless" you just say he isn't ready yet and that you're focusing on his development while he rides the bench and start the guy who is clearly better than him. It's not hard. I can't loving stand this infantilizing bullshit where the decision makers just can't do the obvious thing because of some nebulous social pressure. Making those tough decisions that people will criticize him for? That's literally his job.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Before the season we all said we’d be happy with meaningfully December games, noticeable improvement on the field, and a definitive answer on whether Zach is the guy or not.

I’m still not happy but it was probably a successful season on those criteria. Need to find a QB and fix the OL.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's not like there should be pressure from the rest of the organization either. Yeah, the GM made the wrong pick at QB, you think that's gonna get him fired immediately when we reach the playoffs for the first time in over a decade off the backs of the extremely excellent rookies he drafted this year? You think the owner is slamming his fist on the table demanding we put in the guy who humiliates the franchise every single week? No, it's all bullshit excuses for a man who just doesn't want anything to do with managing the offense. Who thinks it's fine if the offense scores nothing but 2 field goals in a game so long as they don't turn the ball over.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

This is so depressing but he found the open man and it was a positive play at least...

Oh Jets...Jets Jets Jets what else is there to say
That was brutal

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Wilson was more or less the consensus #2 QB. All the guys after Lawrence had question mark, but at least the Jets didn't trade a haul of draft picks for a guy who has played like two games in two years and still have no clue whether he can play at all or not

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

tarbrush posted:

Uhhh. I get that this sucks for the Jets, but I'm not sure how quickly it's possible to trashcan a #2 pick. He's done everything possible to build an environment for Wilson to succeed and it's not worked. That's mostly on Wilson. You can argue about going a game or so earlier, or identifying White as the better backup sooner, but it's not Flores grade mismanagement and undermining.

Yeah I'm saying it was mismanagement by 1. not identifying Mike White as the best QB on his roster and 2. letting Wilson start as many games as he did. It's a different genre of incompetence from the Flores situation.

I'm a bit more forgiving of the early season Wilson starts (though those were still mistakes that a better operation could have prevented), but these past two games are inexcusable.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I watched a few Wilson games in college and he had a really nice arm and I don't know if he had either really good Oline play or synergy with his wrs at BYU, but it feels like the NFL is way too fast for him and he cannot adjust whatsoever.

He's athletic enough to use those legs to generate offense but seems reluctant to even do that.

I really don't blame the Jets for picking him but the irony of course is he's worse than other QBs the Jets themselves have drafted recently outside of Hackenburg.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

I'm a bit more forgiving of the early season Wilson starts (though those were still mistakes that a better operation could have prevented), but these past two games are inexcusable.

He did some things well in those game manager-y starts earlier in this year against Miami, Buffalo, etc. (though they were nowhere near good enough) where you could basically say at least he's not getting worse and we should give him rope until the end of the year before throwing in the towel. But everything since the first INT in the first NE game has just been absolutely deplorable. He looked about as bad last night as he did at the lowest points of his rookie year. I said last year that I thought he would either be a Pro Bowl QB or out of the league in 3 years, and I think we're trending toward the latter!

At a minimum, at least we know for sure they're going to do *something* different at QB next year.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 23, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I hate this motherfucker more than haljordan hates Saleh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

We all said the season was over when Hall and AVT got hurt in the Denver game and we were right.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Getting pretty close to Dolphins beat the Pats and they’re in regardless of the other two games.

Thanks Zach!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Before the season we all said we’d be happy with meaningfully December games, noticeable improvement on the field, and a definitive answer on whether Zach is the guy or not.

I’m still not happy but it was probably a successful season on those criteria. Need to find a QB and fix the OL.

It was a successful season but in the worst way imaginable.