Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

VOTE1 posted:

If you buy a second hand car, which is visibly on fire in the yard, the service book says it’s been set on fire a bunch of times and the salesman tells you not to buy it because it’s on fire.. you probably can’t get a refund once you find out it runs a bit hot.

That said it’s almost impressive that Miller hasn’t (even pretended to) offer to donate proceeds to charity (or I dunno the victim) and is just happy banking it all - maybe he’s realised he’s beyond any PR return.

It’s extremely depressing to say this, but why would he ? He literally has faced no consequences so far, and it seems like his parents condone his behavior. It’s loving ridiculous , but he’s just a really, really bad person. Who just got rewarded 6 figures despite being a horrible person. Depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
can i have six figgies for being a good person

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Zodijackylite posted:

In that game, Ron Tugnutt made 70 saves on 73 shots, both records. It ended in a 3--3 tie.

Tugnutt led goalies with 29 losses that year, along with an .885 save percentage and 4.05 GAA, but still earned a vote for the Vezina trophy. His Nordiques were 16-50-14, good for last place in the league by 11 points, behind the 23-46-11 Maple Leafs. That Quebec team had three Hockey Hall of Famers - 21-year-old Joe Sakic (48-61-109), 19-year-old Mats Sundin (23-36-59), and 39-year-old Guy Lafleur (12-16-28) in his last season.

Tugnutt was also the losing goalie with 70 saves in that 5OT Flyers-Penguins playoff game. Also I had forgotten until just now that Korpisalo holds the record with loving EIGHTY-FIVE saves in a game

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is Ron Tugnutt the hockey playing cousin of baseball legend Bobson Dugnutt?

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/1605677371922735108?s=46&t=5noBnDGWvjP0Ddztur36yw

January is gonna be brutal, the Sabres are now going to play 12 games in three weeks.

Edit: hopefully this also means they’ll be well-rested and will dunk on Columbus again on Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1606033931945398272?s=20&t=5gRQ3A6kdesjNLTmZ8EzxQ

Edit: Hopefully we can get healthy during this unplanned bye-week. Our defense was starting to struggle with just Dahlin and Samulesson and 4 AHLers.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1606285372916277250?t=Bovna2JkJhySgMUqrPT5Tg&s=19

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
every so often i get bored on my lunch breaks and go down wiki rabbit holes. the other day i saw this nugget about the 2007 nhl season:

quote:

Anaheim Ducks win the Stanley Cup, defeating the Ottawa Senators in 5 games.

The Ducks' Scott Niedermayer wins the Conn Smythe Trophy as MVP of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Fellow Duck Chris Pronger becomes the newest member of the Triple Gold Club.

Dany Heatley scores 50 goals with the Ottawa Senators which leads to the creation of the phrase “50 in ‘07.

man the mid aughts were grim

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Ducks playing the Senators for the Cup should have clued you in on that by itself

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

th3t00t posted:

Edit: Hopefully we can get healthy during this unplanned bye-week. Our defense was starting to struggle with just Dahlin and Samulesson and 4 AHLers.

isn't that what it is normally

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
News: The Vancouver Canucks

Views:

https://twitter.com/podcastffc/status/1606141299484237824?s=46&t=wnqAm-QO6wvpDnF2mOFWwQ

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

The Canucks won this game.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Pungry posted:

The Canucks won this game.

Yeah, turns out Seattle is complete poo poo as well

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1606291061290110976?s=20&t=eftOII35gTzWOGRxhr8Gpw

Accurate. Maybe losing the turtle style of play will make the Stars more noticeable

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Jamwad Hilder posted:

isn't that what it is normally
Touché.

But no. Power, Jokijarhu and Lybushkin are all NHL d-men. Bryson is more of an AHL/NHL tweener but better than the guys we've been forced to play. All 4 have been out lately. Dahlin and Samulesson playing like 30:00 a game and looking pretty spent.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Devils voted new annoyance? :raise:

Are Devils fans really going off somewhere on the internet cause i haven't seen this at all.

It's amusing that i guess they're the default choice after the run they had

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

grack posted:

Yeah, turns out Seattle is complete poo poo as well

Who knew?!?

I was talking to a couple from Edmonton the other night after the St Louis game and they had an interesting amount of faith in Seattle being “good”? Disliked Burakovsky and blamed the losses on the goalies just being bad. I’d give it to them for the Burakovsky turnovers at the blue line, but he’s also one of the more creative forwards on the team and actually tries to cycle high to low instead of just shooting it back in.

This only improved my belief that Canadians in general don’t know as much about hockey as people think they do.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Carver posted:

Devils voted new annoyance? :raise:

Are Devils fans really going off somewhere on the internet cause i haven't seen this at all.

It's amusing that i guess they're the default choice after the run they had

I think it's because of that yea. People rushing to crown the Devils as the newest elite team after 25 games or whatever was annoying.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
It's the "fire Lindy" "sorry Lindy" stuff

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think it's because of that yea. People rushing to crown the Devils as the newest elite team after 25 games or whatever was annoying.

I think people find fans of good teams annoying in general because it's fun to gloat and be excited when your team is ripping through the league and fans of like the Flyers are going to find that super fuckin annoying.

Also we're nearing the halfway point and they're still by the metrics the best 5 on 5 team in the NHL.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
That chart really shows how far Detroit has fallen because in the early 2000s they would have been top 5 for sure. Maybe even topped the list.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Cartoon Man posted:

Is Ron Tugnutt the hockey playing cousin of baseball legend Bobson Dugnutt?

Ron Tugnutt once pulled his groin tying his shoes.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

fawning deference posted:

I think people find fans of good teams annoying in general because it's fun to gloat and be excited when your team is ripping through the league and fans of like the Flyers are going to find that super fuckin annoying.

There will never be a team Flyers fans hate more than they hate the Flyers

Ginette Reno posted:

That chart really shows how far Detroit has fallen because in the early 2000s they would have been top 5 for sure. Maybe even topped the list.

Devils fans were the absolute worst but Wings fans were right behind them for sure

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Ron Tugnutt once pulled his groin tying his shoes.
He missed a bunch of games cutting his hands slicing a bagel

Kale
May 14, 2010

Connor McDavid almost has 30 goals before we've even hit the Christmas Break. Holy loving cow man.... :stare:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I voted for Detroit as the fanbase that most over-rated their team's chances of success largely due to the history of this forum, I also find it sad how low the Red Wings have fallen in the collective hatred of the rest of the NHL's fans.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Kale posted:

Connor McDavid almost has 30 goals before we've even hit the Christmas Break. Holy loving cow man.... :stare:

And the Oilers are barely in the second wildcard spot. It rules how much they've squandered the most offensively talented player since Lemieux.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Canada goons: SVP Sports has a bunch of deals on jerseys, mostly western Canadian teams

Adidas Oilers home

Adidas Canucks alt

Adidas Flames away

Adidas Leafs home

Also Fanatics player jerseys of guys who switched teams (whole lotta Laine Jets jerseys) but there’s a McDavid breakaway jersey in there.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

And the Oilers are barely in the second wildcard spot. It rules how much they've squandered the most offensively talented player since Lemieux.

Feels like a legit possibility they miss too. Calgary is definitely good enough to displace them.

The Penguins missed the playoffs one year when Lemieux had 168 points, so I suppose if it happens McDavid would be in good company

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Canada goons: SVP Sports has a bunch of deals on jerseys, mostly western Canadian teams

Adidas Oilers home

Adidas Canucks alt

Adidas Flames away

Adidas Leafs home

Also Fanatics player jerseys of guys who switched teams (whole lotta Laine Jets jerseys) but there’s a McDavid breakaway jersey in there.

Thanks! I ordered one. I've been meaning to get a new jersey because my Edler one is 15 years old but also I don't want to spend much money on this garbage team, so this worked well.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

There's a CPHOLIDAY10 code for 10% off too.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Graves still out with a lower body injury. Palat is close to practicing with the team. Marino is out week to week, which absolutely blows

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Koopa Kid posted:

Adidas Oilers home

Adidas Canucks alt

Adidas Flames away

Adidas Leafs home

gently caress i got so hype thinking it'd be the canucks skate jersey

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

heehee posted:

gently caress i got so hype thinking it'd be the canucks skate jersey

My bad, should have specified

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

Adidas Oilers home

Adidas Canucks alt

Adidas Flames away

Adidas Leafs home

Now I have a white Mcdavid jersey to wear to all of my partners favorite events.

crashlanding
Dec 11, 2006

Leading the offense for a fraction of the cost

fawning deference posted:

Graves still out with a lower body injury. Palat is close to practicing with the team. Marino is out week to week, which absolutely blows

I am happy that Bahl has a chance to earn a spot as he's looked pretty good. I am not happy to watch "Top 4 D Brendan Smith"

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1606394621302538241
Absolutely the right decision. Also, given how badly Tkachuk in a similar scenario hosed up Dumba's entire career, I'm still livid that this only had matching fighting majors:
https://twitter.com/hockeywildernes/status/1606151401507147776

Apparently everything before the gloves dropped was normal hockey play and furthermore the fight magically happened, nobody instigated anything

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Starsfan posted:

I voted for Detroit as the fanbase that most over-rated their team's chances of success largely due to the history of this forum, I also find it sad how low the Red Wings have fallen in the collective hatred of the rest of the NHL's fans.

I admittedly stopped posting in SAS for a couple years but the end of the Holland era was marked by all of us bitching endlessly about how we were built to lose in the playoffs. I struggle to recall a time when Red Wings fans were annoyingly optimistic between 2012 and this year. I thought our problem was that we were obnoxious after a long stretch of success

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
goddamn I just looked at McDavid's point totals this year already

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
ya there was a brief moment when robertson, pastrnak, and a few other guys were within like 4 of him and i thought maybe someone else might win the art ross this year but nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I honestly don't think people understand how good McDavid is unless you watch the Oilers regularly.