Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Carr is easily in the top 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Top 10 Raiders quarterbacks in the last decade maybe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Top 6 unfortunately (they've only had 5 other QBs who've started games from 2012-present; one of the few pros Carr has is that he's only missed two games due to injury in his career)

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Unfortunately, the advanced stats say Carr is last in the league in WAR (wins above refs).

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

MrLogan posted:

1. Mahomes
2. (1b) Allen
3. Burrow
4. Herbert
5. Hurts
6. Tua
7. Prescott
8. Rodgers
9. Stafford
10. Cousins
11. Brady
12. TLaw
13. Geno
14. Jimmy G

these are rough orders but Carr is around the Jimmy G level. he's absolutely not better than that top 12 though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
No one is on Mahomes' level. Josh Allen is really loving good but he's not Mahomes.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

1. Mahomes
2. (1b) Allen
3. Burrow
4. Herbert
5. Hurts
6. Tua
7. Prescott
8. Rodgers
9. Stafford
10. Cousins
11. Brady
12. TLaw
13. Geno
14. Jimmy G

these are rough orders but Carr is around the Jimmy G level. he's absolutely not better than that top 12 though.

If you put anyone on this list below 1b on the Raiders and say with confidence they have a better record this year…mmmm idk doggie

e: to be clear I’m definitely not saying he’s number 3 or any such nonsense. I’m saying he’s not the problem.

e2: also I’m not gonna pick this whole list apart but Matty is dead dude and they just put up 40 to beat the Seahawks cmon now

Highbrow Slick fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 23, 2022

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Highbrow Slick posted:

If you put anyone on this list below 1b on the Raiders and say with confidence they have a better record this year…mmmm idk doggie

e: to be clear I’m definitely not saying he’s number 3 or any such nonsense. I’m saying he’s not the problem.

e2: also I’m not gonna pick this whole list apart but Matty is dead dude and they just put up 40 to beat the Seahawks cmon now

up until Geno yes i feel confident that any of them would have made for a better season for the raiders this year.

Stafford is injured but he's better than Carr when healthy

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Alright well agree to disagree I guess. Idk how many raiders games you watched, and I’m not insinuating you did or didn’t watch any number of them, but ain’t no way I’m buying that. Way too many other factors led to an abysmal start of the year. They’ve won 4 of 5 since he basically called out the team on the podium and they dropped leatherwood and abrams.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you want my opinion, carr deserved to lose to the horrible broncos but his team pulled it out. he also bailed his team out of losing to the horrible broncos in a different game. he's the XXth best quarterback. if you don't want my opinion then give this a listen. "when the fires come" by kero kero bonito.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Raiders only beat the patriots through a bad call and sheer dumb luck. Which was amazing and I laughed so hard I cried - but the offense was putrid in the 2nd half. They had a pick and 5 punts, and one like drive over 10 yards before the Cole touchdown. There are deep problems on that team. Carr statistically has been poo poo in the red zone this year too but i dont feel like finding the tweet i saw with those stats rn

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MrLogan posted:

100% agree. Carr is criminally underrated on these forums.

I still think if Lamar is available as a trade target Carolina goes loving huge for him. They were willing to for Watson and he chose the browns. If not him I think they bust a nut to jump up in the draft.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

the idea of Jimmy G being an upgrade to Carr in a Raiders jersey is ridiculous, even in some magical scenario where he plays more than half a season

Carr > Brady is just silly considering Carr's whole thing is being a 2nd tier Brady, but now Tom is ancient and a 3rd tier version of himself

both of those are straight downgrade scenarios, which makes them at least plausible as bad decisions the McDaniels led Raiders are likely to make

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

1. Mahomes
2. (1b) Allen
3. Burrow
4. Herbert
5. Hurts
6. Tua
7. Prescott
8. Rodgers
9. Stafford
10. Cousins
11. Brady
12. TLaw
13. Geno
14. Jimmy G

Lol, just imagine thinking Dak is that good. Just imagine. Also, Brady/Rodgers are cooked. And Stafford has never been better than Carr.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i have it on good authority that carr should be a two-time MVP but he was robbed because of reasons

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

kidcoelacanth posted:

i have it on good authority that carr should be a two-time MVP but he was robbed because of the refs

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

MrLogan posted:

Lol, just imagine thinking Dak is that good. Just imagine. Also, Brady/Rodgers are cooked. And Stafford has never been better than Carr.

Stafford has always been better than Carr

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The337th posted:

the idea of Jimmy G being an upgrade to Carr in a Raiders jersey is ridiculous, even in some magical scenario where he plays more than half a season

Carr > Brady is just silly considering Carr's whole thing is being a 2nd tier Brady, but now Tom is ancient and a 3rd tier version of himself

both of those are straight downgrade scenarios, which makes them at least plausible as bad decisions the McDaniels led Raiders are likely to make

You'd rather have Carr than Jimmy G just because he plays more.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Why do yall continue to engage a gimmick more obvious than Parmesan Basil

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Logan rules keep up the good fight

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

kidcoelacanth posted:

i have it on good authority that carr should be a two-time MVP but he was robbed because of reasons

You can just say it's because of the refs, it's okay.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Why do yall continue to engage a gimmick more obvious than Parmesan Basil

??? We all watch football, we know The Raiders are a gimmick

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Nervous posted:

You can just say it's because of the refs, it's okay.

i couldn't remember the original argument and i wasn't about to look it up

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Nodoze posted:

How is this even a discussion? Dude was throwing no-look passes while Mahomes was still going to Middle School dances. Stafford is the Top 10 QB every dumb football fan convinces themselves their favorite QB is better than to justify overrating them. First it was Cousins, then it was Dak and now it's Carr and they're always laughably wrong.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

oh drat i completely forgot to put lamar on the list, guess Carr moves even lower.

Nodoze posted:

truth

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

TFF, much like football media, only seems to think QBs are good if they put up fanty numbers.

Stafford (and his contract) was an albatross for the Lions. Just because Stafford has put up a lot of garbage time stats doesn't make him a good QB.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

so he has better stats than Carr, better wins than Carr, and a Superbowl.

yep sounds like Carr's the better QB

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Does it count as "garbage time" stats when you're pulling off more 4th quarter comebacks than any other QB in the league?

We're talking a man who's basically guaranteed to finish at least Top 10 in every major passing stat, and depending on how long he plays, is on pace to finish Top 5 in those stats. One of the handful of QBs with a 5000 yard season (the only other QBs on that list who aren't surefire HoFers are Jameis Winston and Justin Herbert) vs Derek loving Carr.

Unless you're Skip Bayless with some sort of traumatic brain injury, this isn't hard.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd love to argue with skip bayless if i could. just take some time and argue against what skip bayless says, to his face. you're wrong, skip, and here's why. it's actually very simple and obvious.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Cavauro posted:

i'd love to argue with skip bayless if i could. just take some time and argue against what skip bayless says, to his face. you're wrong, skip, and here's why. it's actually very simple and obvious.

What about Stephan A Smith?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd love to tell stephen a smith about how he is wrong (what he says.) after i told it to him he wouldn't say what he says anymore. he doesn't understand how it is. that's why he says it. (what he says)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

1. Mahomes
2. (1b) Allen
3. Burrow
4. Herbert
5. Hurts
6. Tua
7. Prescott
8. Rodgers
9. Stafford
10. Cousins
11. Brady
12. TLaw
13. Geno
14. Jimmy G

This Justin Fields erasure will not stand!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Sataere posted:

This Justin Fields erasure will not stand!

im honestly not sure what to do with Fields right now. I'm sort of waiting to see what happens next year. Right now its hard to tell if he's a bad pocket passer or if the Bears just have no talent on offense (this is def true). so idk, he's shown some stupidly impressive flashes, i hope the bears don't ruin him

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

im honestly not sure what to do with Fields right now. I'm sort of waiting to see what happens next year. Right now its hard to tell if he's a bad pocket passer or if the Bears just have no talent on offense (this is def true). so idk, he's shown some stupidly impressive flashes, i hope the bears don't ruin him

The Bears offensive line is so bad, they don't even attempt standard pass blocking formations because if they do, they know they're offensive line will get blown up. You know. Just ask yourself if you had to pick one right now to start on your team, who would it be.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Sataere posted:

The Bears offensive line is so bad, they don't even attempt standard pass blocking formations because if they do, they know they're offensive line will get blown up. You know. Just ask yourself if you had to pick one right now to start on your team, who would it be.

oh i know, im just saying it makes it hard to judge Fields on his own as a result

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

oh i know, im just saying it makes it hard to judge Fields on his own as a result

I kind of feel that the Bears scoring offense being ranked 19th with nothing but Justin Fields makes it easy to judge. This is their best finish since 2018 and this is with half his offense not being NFL worthy.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Gimmick accounts own because they need to continue coming up with more and more contrived arguments to support their gimmick until eventually the whole thing falls apart and they implode.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Sataere posted:

I kind of feel that the Bears scoring offense being ranked 19th with nothing but Justin Fields makes it easy to judge. This is their best finish since 2018 and this is with half his offense not being NFL worthy.

he's a very effective runner. i cannot say where he's at with passing both bc he's wildly inconsistent and bc the talent is not there at all. he's clearly super talented but that's about where he's at right now. next year should help make it clear

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1607173471318179840

quote:

NFL Christmas QBs:

Baker 24-28 2TD
Rodgers 24-38 1TD 1INT
Russ 15-27 1TD 3INT
Tua 16-25 1TD 3INT
Rypien 4-8 1INT

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CocoaNuts posted:

Well, well, well.

Baker turns in a 12/21 performance last night, amassing an impressive 111 yards through the air. One TD and one pick. An MVP-level 67.8 rating!

Cavauro, Vincent Van Goatse, Chris James 2 and Waifu Radia step up and defend ya boy! Tell us how he's a game changer.

Bahahahahahaha!!!

24/28, 2 TDs, no INTs. Merry Christmas!