Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

If the bottoms are gender locked so help me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

also I couldn't tell from the lyrics but was the song ishgard themed or gridania themed

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I think it’s Menphina-themed

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

This is the best patch.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Badger of Basra posted:

I WILL start the final days if I dont get my loving shorts again.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Even that doesn't help because eventually you get to a point where you can't set any more favorites (there's a limit of 30) and each new mount that you get that you like is an agonizing "oh god what do I cut :negative:" dilemma.

All the people bitching about 800 glam dresser slots not being enough? That's me with favorite mount/mount roulette slots.

Awesome! posted:

what i really want is an option to invert favorites into not favorites and then have roulette pick from everything but the few specific ones i dont want.

If you guys use the quick launcher there's an improved mount roulette plugin that does just what you want

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Xun posted:

If you guys use the quick launcher there's an improved mount roulette plugin that does just what you want

oh poo poo, i will look into that. is it just called "improved mount roulette"

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I completely forgot about the new Deep Dungeon stuff, and thought that Allagan Bullshit was going to be involved in the new dungeon. :v:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Double post, but hadn't seen anyone mention this yet.

I believe they mentioned they were adding more housing wards last PLL, but I don't remember if the numbers were announced too.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Veotax posted:

Maybe there's someone on the team who just really likes umbrellas? 😊

I think it's cute!

Now we just need it to automatically put on fashion glasses whenever you do /spectacles.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The numbers were announced last time - as evidenced by my last patch summary I did for my friends including the number 1800 in there

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Awesome! posted:

oh poo poo, i will look into that. is it just called "improved mount roulette"

it's called "better mount roulette" and it finally got groups in, so you can set as many or as few mounts as favorites as you want, and you can set up groups of them

so make a group called "dragons" and use /pmount dragons and it picks a random mount from that group.

I don't know if it's in yet but the dev has planned to use groups as though they were one mount, so you can set up a few specific mounts and a couple groups like "horses" or whatever and rather than choose among all selected mounts, it'll choose an entry and if it lands on "horse" pick a random mount from the horse group. basically weighting everything in the group as one mount.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Arist posted:

They're removing the DoTs from Goring Blade and Blade of Valor, wow. DoTs stay losing, I guess

Nice, I was having trouble with those. Though with those gone, what is even the point of Goring?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Submitting DoTs to the endangered species list.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

parasyte posted:

it's called "better mount roulette" and it finally got groups in, so you can set as many or as few mounts as favorites as you want, and you can set up groups of them

so make a group called "dragons" and use /pmount dragons and it picks a random mount from that group.

I don't know if it's in yet but the dev has planned to use groups as though they were one mount, so you can set up a few specific mounts and a couple groups like "horses" or whatever and rather than choose among all selected mounts, it'll choose an entry and if it lands on "horse" pick a random mount from the horse group. basically weighting everything in the group as one mount.

:aaaaa:

super sweet best pal posted:

Nice, I was having trouble with those. Though with those gone, what is even the point of Goring?

maybe they just make it give you a buff like the warrior upkeep combo

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Other minor things I noticed:
  • Holy Sheltron just being damage reduction instead of 100% block is absolutely understandable, but a little sad to see the uniqueness go away. At least our wings still acknowledge our ability to block, though it's rarely "correct" to actually sit there for the full duration being beat on instead of just popping it and cancelling it.
  • Reducing the pickup delay on CC items; thank god, that was always annoying having to pause for a split second on those
  • I love the Yoshida bits about being the producer for both FFXIV and FFXVI and how they're totally not the same person
  • Is that new airship mount a reference to one of the other FF game's airships? I swear I recognize it, but I can't remember where so I'm not sure.
  • Oh thank god, adding Quick Stack to retainers. It's not one button to deposit to every retainer at once, sadly, but I'll take the ability to at least do it individually.

Badger of Basra posted:

Detheros posted:

I WILL start the final days if I dont get my loving shorts again.

I may be misunderstanding the reddit translators, but YoshiP showed the swimwear glamour set, the Alliance armor and the new map glamour set a bit later, then said, "Just like the glam we showed earlier, these are not gender locked." So, I think you're getting what you want?

Alxprit posted:

The numbers were announced last time - as evidenced by my last patch summary I did for my friends including the number 1800 in there

Ah, okay, cool.

super sweet best pal posted:

Awesome! posted:

maybe they just make it give you a buff like the warrior upkeep combo

They mentioned the free Holy Spirit, maybe it's that? We already get a damage buff on a cooldown, I'm not sure adding a permanent one would be a good change.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

parasyte posted:

Well holy loving poo poo, thanks for making my day. :D

Edit: wow this works SUPER well, god drat I'm stoked

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 23, 2022

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

They didn't say it outright, but if they're bringing back a skill in Bulwark, then that means they definitely have to be getting rid of at least one other move. PLD already has the most buttons of any job, so there's no way they just carelessly throw one more on top of the pile. My money is on Cover.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That'd be sad to see go. Cover's one of the unique PLD things, though it's highly situational so it sadly makes sense. I'd personally rather see Intervention and Sheltron get combined since they're making Sheltron just a damage reduction.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

So the issue they’re addressing with Sheltron is that you can’t block DoT ticks?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Correct.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thank you for the advice on Black Mage, everyone. I'm 71 with it now and looking forward to getting Despair. Despite my growing interest in the job I don't know if it'll displace Red Mage in the end for me. Selfish DPS give me a brain problem where because the boss has 10 billion HP I can't perceive how I'm affecting the fight as I go about my business. I know at some level I'm killing the boss faster than others could and that's important but unless adds show up to swiftly slay I don't feel the impact of my actions in my gut. It's just like "ah he lost 1% HP." Whereas when Dancer uses Curing Waltz or absolutely when Red Mage uses Verraise I get very easy and obvious immediate feedback of "I'm helping."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Submitting DoTs to the endangered species list.

To aid in conservation efforts will Bards get a dps grant?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"Thanks for the advice on Black Mage, looking forward to Despair."

Light damage meter use is good for feeling the effectiveness of a new class. Not to think you're dunking on other players in normal duty roulettes, but to see yourself consistently performing in top 3 or that you're within a few percent of somebody who's really nailing their rotation. I was leveling SAM recently and could see a nice 5-10% cut ahead of the pack as my "selfish" DPS, and hey I knew I was hitting all my new 60-80 buttons correctly.

Also helps to prove the old adage of Always Be Casting when I flub up something but restart my rotation and my number doesn't crater. Could be higher but hey I'm doing alright.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

DanielCross posted:

This is the best patch.

Awesome. Now do a Yorkshire terrier. I need MY small dog represented. :argh:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Onean posted:

Is that new airship mount a reference to one of the other FF game's airships? I swear I recognize it, but I can't remember where so I'm not sure.
Blackjack from VI, the first airship you get.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I need a Basset Hound minion so bad……

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Hogama posted:

Blackjack from VI, the first airship you get.

Aha! Thanks.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
What, no Falcon?

:colbert:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The falcon was a Stormblood preorder bonus, right now it's one of the mogtome rewards.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah. It's not as faithful a recreation, though.
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Falcon_(Mount)

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

YggiDee posted:

The falcon was a Stormblood preorder bonus, right now it's one of the mogtome rewards.

Neat!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
lol
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1606271118439899136?s=20&t=1sVG5oeZm3J_2uL0Om2jLA

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Awesome. Now do a Yorkshire terrier. I need MY small dog represented. :argh:

I want a beagle to cap off my Columbo cosplay.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Got five venture coffers yesterday, one when I first logged on and the other 4 in pairs with both retainers a couple hours apart. I think I've figured out why I can't win the housing lotto and it's because I'm wasting all my luck on poo poo like this.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

were any of them good though?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Some metallic silver for selling since I already got some before and a retainer fantasia were the highlights, the rest was decent (pastel purple/some non metallic blue) to bad (I will literally never use metallic green unless I'm making a sentai glam or something). Still kinda shocked I got so many though.

E: although now that I'm saying it I'm definitely talking myself into seeing what the best kamen rider glam I can do with that metallic green

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Probably all dyes, and not good ones.

Edit for mostly beaten.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Ultimate Larboard vs Starboard. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Looking forward to learning Ventral Wave Cannon and Dorsal Wave Cannon.