Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
James Forrest scored his 100th goal yesterday, great milestone for a good servant to the club. Was in that funny spot of being good enough to be a regular for Celtic but not good enough to get any serious interest down south. If he gets another assist that will be 100 assists as well, which is pretty mental.

Also Hibs were, and are, really poo poo. Especially Porteous who I think may now be the most disliked player in Scottish Football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Goodwin banned for speaking the truth while Porteous escapes unpunished for his many crimes, is this justice?!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Love DUK

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/zeshankenzo/status/1581656196083519488?s=46&t=Y5Z1eECQxhQeqRinseUeiA

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

You need to include the response https://twitter.com/official_t4o/status/1581944155478974464?s=46&t=I3uV0mlnJQkNe1DLeqAuYQ

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Fan media is always a mistake. Especially that guy.

What it’s distracting us from is an Iwelumo level open goal miss in the Aberdeen Hearts game that shouldn’t be allowed to go without ridicule.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/PantsShaton/status/1583555259741667328

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
loving hell that was stressful

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Love that the first VAR decision was for a Boyle dive.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
What are the odds on Gerrard going back to Rangers at the same time Boris gets back into Number 10?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

bojo at ibrox could probably do better than whatever that was this afternoon.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Hibs are poo poo.
https://twitter.com/SimpsonsSPFL/status/1588638373945958401?s=20&t=7rfoqwKPeeoxZBYpF51vww

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

beginning to suspect van bronkhorst might not actually be a very good football manager.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Lmao Rangers. I thought we might be down to two points ahead after Dundee Utd equalised. Instead we're 7 ahead.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Celtic nine points clear with 14 wins from 15 games. We've looked tired in the last few weeks, but I didn't imagine we'd have such a healthy lead so soon, and that's with VAR being less than kind to us since it was introduced.

Rangers have had a mental injury list but they play terrible football, look completely shorn of confidence and out of ideas. I'd be surprised if Gio is still there by Christmas, but maybe he can argue that you should judge him when he he has any actual fit centre backs.

Livingston go into the break in third place, fair play to Martindale. Aberdeen aren't a clown show like last year but not exactly brilliant. Hearts have done well to stay fourth given half their squad have been injured and they've had European football to contend with. Hibs are poo poo.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Our Crocked XI B team would give the Crocked XI A team a good game at the moment.

Hamstrung by so much historic and new poo poo, the Ashley case, FFP mk2, a genuinely good Celtic manager recreating the Japanese national team in some kind of FM fever dream. Even if we’d been genuinely good, 14/15 is a phenomenal pace to match in the league.

Still, here’s hoping Japan go far, all the players get crocked and Ange gets poached by Sheffield United for peanuts post Christmas seasonal work as a garden centre Father Christmas the fat bastard.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

Still, here’s hoping Japan go far, all the players get crocked and Ange gets poached by Sheffield United for peanuts post Christmas seasonal work as a garden centre Father Christmas the fat bastard.

Weirdly enough out of our three Japanese players* only Maeda, the obviously worst one, is in the Japan squad. Which is fine by me because Hatate (who was brilliant today) could do with another rest, think he's started near enough every game this season after look like he could barely play half an hour last season.

I think Rangers last summer were caught between refreshing their squad or sticking with the EL Final team, and in the end opted for neither option, selling two of their best players and bringing in new singings but keeping all the old veteran players around so the core of the team is still basically the same when it's probably a season too long for both the older players and the likes of Kent, Morelos, Kamara who really should have also been moved on. When Ange came in he totally overhauled the old squad and it paid off.

*Yosuke Ideguchi was last seen visiting the Springfield Mystery Spot

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Genuinely thought you had 8 away. CCV being gone is good, Kane can destroy his confidence somehow.

I think the directors have seen the opportunity to level the books post ‘All That Shite’ and it’s a risk that will pay off longer term, King, McCann, Lowry, Ure and Lovelace will all count as homegrown if we can keep them. Makes sense to invest there with the restrictions.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/28/scottish-footballers-to-be-banned-from-heading-ball-before-and-after-matches

I can't say I've ever seen players head the ball during warmups or while warming down, outside of doing seal dribbles or the like.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1597279342299488257?s=20&t=qNnE8gssMQx3Z3ZeVs_xyA when he told QPR that he was “devoted to Rangers” after turning down the Wolves job, that was a nice rhetorical touch

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/SimpsonsSPFL/status/1597296382586810368

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Here’s hoping he remembers the code to the coffee cabinet at auchenhowie

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Hibs are poo poo.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Not looking forward to seeing the Dons play both cancers of the Scottish game within a week.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

DrWrestling69 posted:

Hibs are poo poo.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I was not enjoying football being back but then I did, football is a land of contrasts

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I've seen worse perfomances from Aberdeen technically, but that was an abysmal attempt from the team third in the league and at home. Pittodrie is always seen as a tough battle with a good atmosphere, like Tyncastle is now (at least for us, Hearts always poo poo the bed against Rangers). McInnes used to get slated for lacking ambition/bravery against the big teams, but that was 100 times worse.

Also Celtic really need to replace one of Kyogo or Giak, they've done a good solid job but have such obvious flaws and are hardly young prospects anymore.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Dogshit
https://twitter.com/outofcontextafc/status/1604139237753995264?s=20&t=RGB8Sp-Gm-xm26LKlyC_tQ

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

D U K

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

I was not enjoying football being back but then I did, football is a land of contrasts

This but the opposite and somehow shitter

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

This but the opposite and somehow shitter

Wait no the first one

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
WHARRA HEAPA SHITE

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I think my favourite part is the ball sailing over the keepers head in a graceful arc after Arfield scuffed the shot.

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1605324193565900802?s=61&t=1wS64CXu5yIyusTAdQN6UQ

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Boak

It was always going to happen as soon as they started sitting deep. No midfield, no ball retention. Not sure which loss was worse. Probably this one because Rangers are so awful

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

McGregor is so far past done it’s untrue, and even with that you somehow managed to miss three sitters and not hit the target.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Aberdeen are shite.
Aberdeen is shite. Haha.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Jfc Aberdeen are poo poo. Goodwin out. Hayes player manager.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
RIP Aberdeen (who are poo poo) and also Craig Gordon who looks to have broken his leg in a bad way today, possibly the end of his career given his age.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Her Dryer posted:

RIP Aberdeen (who are poo poo) and also Craig Gordon who looks to have broken his leg in a bad way today, possibly the end of his career given his age.

yeah I saw the Gordon leg break and eish that was bad

(also you don't have PMs and honestly I think you'd enjoy it on the TRP Discord, thought this would be the best place to get your att'n)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Two goals conceded by a defence that shouldn’t be playing together for various reasons. Morelos’ lazy play aggravating for the first as well.

Positives are Sakala and Kent seeming to have the measure of Hart in goal.

Meh.