Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

love wins

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Have not independently verified:
https://twitter.com/Beams_Game/status/1606198572768055297

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Whoa look all these sports guys crossing themselves, how absurd! How crazy!

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

the blonde haired, blue eyed, sword wielding valkyrie does not have any nazi symbols

yeah she should let me slide into her DMs just to be sure.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Zelensky looks so submissive and soft, glad he is back in Israel where he is safe

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

dudes rock

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Will those guns do holy damage?

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tankbuster posted:

they will actually heal holy warriors

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
they will make things holey

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

This goes back to bishops blessing spathae under Constantine, there’s not really anything unusual about it I’m afraid.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

It's funny they went with a viking theme because this map of viking conquest shows that the vikings were basically in control of the ukrainian territory that russia controls right now

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Frosted Flake posted:

This goes back to bishops blessing spathae under Constantine, there’s not really anything unusual about it I’m afraid.

dont apologize its the one badass thing they get to do

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

You can't get divine aid if you don't apply for it.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Frosted Flake posted:

do some breathing exercises and the fear will pass

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/Captain_Kaycee/status/1605750430805331968

Lol the replies to it.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

do not be afraid, god wills it

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

There are some extremely uncool photos of Political clergy with the UPA/Auxiliary Police/Galicia Division from back in the day.

Reuters: Fact Check-Stepan Bandera not canonised by Orthodox Church of Ukraine

“He also said Bandera could not be canonized by the OCU as he was a Greek Catholic by faith.” lol that that’s the reason.

Ukrainian Diaspora Churches Don’t Accept Canonization of Romanov Family

The BBC noted that according to the statutes of the new structure, it can propose saints for canonization that must be approved and proclaimed by Constantinople, and asked: “Could hit happen that the Orthodox Church of Ukraine at some point would want to canonize, hypothetically speaking, Stepan Bandera, and Constantinople would ask: ‘Do you really want to canonize him?’”

Bandera was the head of a militant wing of the Ukrainian independence movement and a leader of the terrorist activity of Ukrainian nationalists. He is widely venerated in Ukraine today, with statues and museums in his honor all throughout the country, though he is also widely considered to have been a Nazi collaborationist and war criminal, responsible for multiple genocides. The Ukrainian Parliament recently voted to make his birthday a national holiday.

Abp. Daniel responded that not only Constantinople, but other Local Churches would also raise questions about such a canonization. As he explains, when a saint is canonized, people look at that person for a while—whether they have performed miracles, whether people are truly seeking their intercessions—and then the canonization is brought to the attention of the other Local Churches.

“Therefore, to talk about the canonization of political leaders—I think we will not go for such radical actions,” the Constantinople hierarch said, not commenting on whether or not Bandera is worthy of veneration.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Seeing a lot of anti-ukraine posting itt, if you're not rooting for Ukraine to March onto Moscow...... Grow up

Sorry, we don't support invasions of sovereign nations here :o:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Only fake "nations" created as a mistake by Lenin are fair game

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Hatebag posted:

It's funny they went with a viking theme because this map of viking conquest shows that the vikings were basically in control of the ukrainian territory that russia controls right now

also are those leggings supposed to resemble scale mail?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Tankbuster posted:

also are those leggings supposed to resemble scale mail?

Idk, she probably couldn't wear realistic scale armor without getting way too sweaty in a competition. here's some pangolin scale armor for reference:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

which bit represents purging the undesirables?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Good comparison, since Churchill also looks like complete poo poo here.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dont care + youre gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ramp this motherfucker into 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Tankbuster posted:

yes but russians are orcs not undead so ukraine doesn't get the damage bonus. pathetic.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

the blonde haired, blue eyed, sword wielding valkyrie does not have any nazi symbols

Her eyes aren’t blue, and I guess bottle highlight blonde still counts as blonde for the costume, sure.

Sword-wielding Valkyrie looking costume, check.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

January 6 Survivor posted:

honestly ditch the Q&A where they answer some memorized feel good line about how they like puppies, children and like empowering women, I need to know which contestant is going to dress as some flavor of the month character and which is going to go as a minor side character in a 1988 mecha OAV that was only ever fansubbed to indonesian and egyptian coptic.

Her answer will just be the 14 words

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Estonians confirmed to be chuds.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
How come you guys are not talking about god of war Shoigu expanding the troop to 1.5 million? Is it not worthy of discussion?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

supersnowman posted:

Estonians confirmed to be chuds.

Lol

Iberians never forgave the Siberians for stealing their 'S'

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

stephenthinkpad posted:

How come you guys are not talking about god of war Shoigu expanding the troop to 1.5 million? Is it not worthy of discussion?

theres only one god of war....

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

stephenthinkpad posted:

We posted about that two days ago. And he wants half of them to be volunteers. A tough goal for a nation that size.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

Her eyes aren’t blue, and I guess bottle highlight blonde still counts as blonde for the costume, sure.

Sword-wielding Valkyrie looking costume, check.

You could have just said "her eyes aren't blue," because I'm not sure how deliberately dying your hair blonde for the obvious Valkyrie costume helps here

The intent of it is pretty obvious - Ukraine (or at least its currently dominant nationalist culture) is hugely into nordic viking poo poo. The extent to which this is nazi-adjacent likely varies depending on the individual, though the concept as a whole is obviously deeply intertwined with white supremacy in the modern era.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

need the shoving 2 fingers in edit

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

There's only one Warrior of Light, and she's a catgirl. :colbert:

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Hatebag posted:

Idk, she probably couldn't wear realistic scale armor without getting way too sweaty in a competition. here's some pangolin scale armor for reference:

OH NOOOOO!!!! ATTRACTIVE, MUSCLED WOMEN, IN ARMOR!! WHO WOULD LIKE SUCH A THING! AHAHAHAH AND THEIR SWEATY TOOO! AHJAHAHAHAHAH

srsly for real why would anyone have folders of images relating to that lmao

makes me shocked no anime has had a "sniffs her arming doublet" scene or someting equivalent

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

PhilippAchtel posted:

There's only one Warrior of Light, and she's a catgirl. :colbert:

bullshit.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ytlaya posted:

Ukraine (or at least its currently dominant nationalist culture) is hugely into nordic viking poo poo.

Yeah, true. It wouldn’t surprise me even a little if the trend toward blonde wasn’t more pronounced in recent years. It might be out of date, but in 2017 or 18 or so a group of Ukrainians at a cultural event were explaining that brunette or very dark brunette were the preferred aesthetic.

or just generically copying US trends, which massively over-emphasizes blondness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/Suriyakmaps/status/1606252647215902720?s=20&t=5G-M3RK8nWyT-BRpEl44iA

Looks like the Russians are going to try and encircle Soledar.