Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
and this thread wants to have sex with the flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Slava Ukraini should be on vodka bottles. Maybe it will be one day, products of the Greater Polish Commonwealth.

They can make slight flavor variations in distilleries located in both Poland and Western Ukraine. (formerly known as Ukraine after some bits went missing)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

S-shut up, Ukrainian flag! It's not like I like you or anything... >_<

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Slava Ukraini should be on vodka bottles.

I can only offer you

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1604898099079524352

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Is that expensive for vodka? Idk what currency they use

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Quite a markdown, also that is the type of price you would see in rubles for Vodka in Moscow…

Admittedly, it is hard to say what is and isn’t expensive in Ukraine at this point but a 750 ml mid shelf bottle of Vodka shouldn’t be going to nearly that much even on sale.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's like nine bucks us, but it's expensive for Ukraine especially if you're out of work what with the war going on.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

It's like nine bucks us, but it's expensive for Ukraine especially if you're out of work what with the war going on.

I would say it is really high for Ukraine even if it is promotional. I mean the minimum wage is around 1.25 an hour.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Is that expensive for vodka? Idk what currency they use

you best start learning...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The Almighty Petrodollar, duh.:smug:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Well I'd buy at least one bottle if my local distributors carried it. Give it time.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Well I'd buy at least one bottle if my local distributors carried it. Give it time.

Angling to get a Ukrainian gang tag?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

Nah just keen to try the drink.

Tags are not a thing I would go for. Same for t-shirts with logos or designs on them.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Nah just keen to try the drink.

Tags are not a thing I would go for. Same for t-shirts with logos or designs on them.

:haibrower:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

Russia produces liquid nitrogen and hydraulic fluid for so many industrial uses that imo it's not about if they state can produce it or source it, but how much is making it through to the military and I agree who the gently caress knows? In the Soviet system, artillery brigades had their own gas generators and everything at that level so as long as they were getting the industrial inputs, liquid nitrogen and oil, it was not a problem. Gaskets, seals and the rest were also produced in large quantities. Obviously things have fallen off since then.

This was something I had not picked up on, but someone wrote a book specifically about this The Plunder: The 1898 Anti-Jewish Riots in Habsburg Galicia

In the spring of 1898, thousands of peasants and townspeople in western Galicia rioted against their Jewish neighbors. Attacks took place in more than 400 communities in this northeastern province of the Habsburg Monarchy, in present-day Poland and Ukraine. Jewish-owned homes and businesses were ransacked and looted, and Jews were assaulted, threatened, and humiliated, though not killed. Emperor Franz Joseph signed off on a state of emergency in thirty-three counties and declared martial law in two. Over five thousand individuals―peasants, day-laborers, city council members, teachers, shopkeepers―were charged with myriad offenses.

Seeking to make sense of this violence and its aftermath, The Plunder examines the circulation of antisemitic ideas within Galicia against the political backdrop of the Habsburg state. Daniel Unowsky sees the 1898 anti-Jewish riots as evidence not of Galician backwardness and barbarity, but of a late nineteenth-century Europe reeling from economic, cultural, and political transformations wrought by mass politics, literacy, industrialization, capitalist agriculture, and government expansion. Through its nuanced analysis of the riots as a form of "exclusionary violence," this book offers new insights into the upsurge of the antisemitism that accompanied the emergence of mass politics in Europe at the turn of the twentieth century.

https://www.amazon.ca/Plunder-Anti-Jewish-Riots-Habsburg-Galicia/dp/0804799822

That seems to line up really closely with what you were saying. Its on libgen so probably worth a skim.

Linking these books together as it gets closer to 1941, you can really see the wheels turning because as early as 1891 they were conceiving of violence against Jews as self-defence, nearly identical to Judeo-Bolshevism and Double Genocide theory. Also, what was spoken Polish and what was "Ukrainian" was determined by religious affiliation, which is a weird thing to wrap your head around. In writing obviously the alphabets were clear differentiators. Anyways, going from there to violence against Jews, Poles and Russians makes sense as it's an identity idk based in resentment always defining itself in terms of grudges against an Other.

its the hindustani-urdu dichotomy but with huwite people :psyduck:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

its the hindustani-urdu dichotomy but with huwite people :psyduck:

The huwites and the tootsies

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Ardennes posted:

Quite a markdown, also that is the type of price you would see in rubles for Vodka in Moscow…

Admittedly, it is hard to say what is and isn’t expensive in Ukraine at this point but a 750 ml mid shelf bottle of Vodka shouldn’t be going to nearly that much even on sale.

I assume vodka is super duper cheap in russia

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I've heard one of those language apps works really well

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/captain_kaycee/status/1605750426992709632

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

shes going to gather the four crystals and defeat putin and his four fiends

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i, vladimir putin, will knock you all down!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I apologise but I don't understand that emote at all. Hopefully its the nod of one spirit enthusiast to another? Or a plain clothes person who dislikes being a walking corporate logo?
(floral shirts are okay of course, they're always okay)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

bedpan posted:

Awareness raised. Movement built. Trump defeated.

Thoughts and Prayers. Bodies in Spaces. It is what it is, forever and ever. Amen.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I assume vodka is super duper cheap in russia

It was cheap in both countries, the average price for Vodka (.5l) in Ukraine in 2021 was 93 Hryvnia or around $3.72 this is I would say pretty comparable to Russia, moderately cheaper.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Putin: What is a Ukrainian? *throwing glass* A miserable little russian of Kyiv. But enough talk, Have at you!

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

MoD Russia posted:

Bread baking clip

Logistics support for units of WMD in within the special military operations

🪖 Logistics units are busy around the clock. The field life may seem harsh, because there are no frills in it. However, Russian servicemen are fully supplied with everything they need.

🚿🧽 In the recreation areas there are showers and baths.

🍞 The bakery tents have mobile workshops that bake bread in the field. 'Homemade' bread, baked by masters of their craft, is fresh, puffy and ruddy.

✅ The main task of the logistics units is uninterrupted supplies. When servicemen have everything they need, nothing distracts them from their main tasks. And that is the most important thing right now.

@mod_russia_en
(from t.me/mod_russia_en/5519, via tgsa)

tgsa thing didn't do the usual video preview link but this one's another bread and food video clip

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
you'd think there'd be at least one black mage or dark knight somewhere around here

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Majorian posted:

If you're strapped for cash, you can have one of these bad boys for the low low cost of making someone very upset on the internet

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DancingShade posted:

I apologise but I don't understand that emote at all. Hopefully its the nod of one spirit enthusiast to another? Or a plain clothes person who dislikes being a walking corporate logo?
(floral shirts are okay of course, they're always okay)

It is the first one, yes.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

redneck nazgul posted:

you'd think there'd be at least one black mage or dark knight somewhere around here

Sorry, white mages only.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

It is the first one, yes.

I knew we'd get along if we ended up in a bar somewhere, before getting too sloshed to remember and wandering off in different directions.

Incidentally I recently came across Old Monk rum from India and it's pretty great. No idea if strictly competitive with whatever you have locally because good rums are all quite competitive but it makes an nice end of year rum punch.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Old Monk good.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DancingShade posted:

I knew we'd get along if we ended up in a bar somewhere, before getting too sloshed to remember and wandering off in different directions.

Hell yeah, I’m a fun drunk.:hfive:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

buddy, they won't even let zelensky gently caress the flag

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

yeah we will donate the money for sure to any public organizations remaining in Ukraine after a fire sale privatization in the midst of a war.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i unironically like it. beauty contests should have a cosplay category.

wait, none of those symbols on the wings is a Nazi one right?

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

crepeface posted:

honestly ditch the Q&A where they answer some memorized feel good line about how they like puppies, children and like empowering women, I need to know which contestant is going to dress as some flavor of the month character and which is going to go as a minor side character in a 1988 mecha OAV that was only ever fansubbed to indonesian and egyptian coptic.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

I think the costume is fine but it covers a lot of skin so who knows how many death's head tattoos she is sporting underneath.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
That's a Saint Seiya elysion arc armor but I prefer proper battle armor to kill orcs.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 12:31 on Dec 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

crepeface posted:

the blonde haired, blue eyed, sword wielding valkyrie does not have any nazi symbols