Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
He's obsessed with making Twitter anything but Twitter. Wanting more reactions like Facebook has, 4000 character limit, video platform, view counts, only boosting paying users. He really doesn't understand the one thing that Twitter users actually use it for...the tweets. It's like he bought a car and wants to use it to cook dinner, he doesn't understand the product on a fundamental level.

Also removing the device info is only surface level, I believe you can still get that info from the source so not sure how much impact that has on the "compute"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Data Graham posted:

hahahahHAHAHA

There it is. This is 100% due to his spaces call last night. Hilarious it didn’t get a bounce at the open.

Way to alienate and actively turn off your user base and investors you ultra-dweeb

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

your first mistake, Steadiman, was assuming Elon knows gently caress-all about poo poo

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
the forums should just have all the smileys as a reaction button beneath every post. So say I, the guy who bought the forums for 44 billion and was voted to stop coming up with update ideas by the userbase

Kale
May 14, 2010

Steadiman posted:

He's obsessed with making Twitter anything but Twitter. Wanting more reactions like Facebook has, 4000 character limit, video platform, view counts, only boosting paying users. He really doesn't understand the one thing that Twitter users actually use it for...the tweets. It's like he bought a car and wants to use it to cook dinner, he doesn't understand the product on a fundamental level.

Also removing the device info is only surface level, I believe you can still get that info from the source so not sure how much impact that has on the "compute"

Listening to anything Ian Miles Cheong or any other equivalent far right influencer has to say about any issue be it political, financial or otherwise is also not a very sound business strategy. That seems to be his absolute favorite though. He also seems about as concerned with far right trolling about politics and "the wokes" as trying to run a profitable social media company.

Also it's funny cause I watched this documentary about the Gamestop meme stock thing last night and at one point they mention how Elon memed about it and took off and there was like a solid 2 minutes of pontificating about what a Genius and how cool Elon is and I'm like holy poo poo I want to see some of these people comment on him now.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 23, 2022

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
TROLL WOKE GO BROKE

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*turns on signatures permanently for all users*

Look! New feature! Look at all this new content!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Data Graham posted:

hahahahHAHAHA

Got drat :stare:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Elon hates transgender people so much that he's lost billions of dollars just so he can keep saying how much he hates them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
lol down to 121.30 already. This is what happens when you just randomly go online and say 'we won't make a profit next year'

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Data Graham posted:

hahahahHAHAHA

Edit: I like how this gif can describe Musk, Tesla Stock, Twitter, or Teslas themselves.

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Dec 23, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Kashuno posted:

lol down to 121.30 already. This is what happens when you just randomly go online and say 'we won't make a profit next year'

The stocktwits people are all crying that they've been BETRAYED

Kale
May 14, 2010

it still feels like the media is trying so hard to prop Elon and Tesla up and play with the kiddie gloves instead of just calling a spade a spade too. The opinion columns and less main stream media is just absolutely giving it him and calling that spade a spade, but the major publications still seem to be just like "what could possibly be happening and what is Elon's end game anyway". What a quaint distraction this twitter is proving for this Elon guy that in no way is a far right influencer at this point in his public persona.

Like he's a stupid loving MAGA chud in way over his head with a social media company now that he can't just meme and shitpost his way through the financial aspects of it. Hoping John Oliver calls it out first thing when LWT gets back since poo poo really didn't start hitting the fan until it wrapped up it's season and he's usually very good at calling out obvious bullshit like Musk's behavior without being afraid of the consequences.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Data Graham posted:

hahahahHAHAHA

what a difference
a year makes

Only registered members can see post attachments!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
oh hey it's this guy again

make your mind up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

is the FBI still working at twitter????

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I just saw this and now you have to too

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

sarcastx posted:

about Musky and full self-driving based entirely (and exclusively) on visual data:

I've thought about this before, and to me it makes sense. To me.

I mean - I drive every day with only my eyes, so why should it be necessary to have lidar, or radar, or any of that other stuff?
poo poo, I mean, I'm only looking in one direction at a time, I only have two eyes, and a Tesla has how many cameras? poo poo, it should probably even be better! To me, there's no reason why a properly programmed Tesla, running exclusively on visual data from a bunch of cameras shouldn't be even better than a given human driver.

This makes sense, to me.
About me: I am not a) a programmer, b) an engineer, c) involved with the automotive industry in any fashion, d) involved in product safety in any fashion, e) do not understand anything about AI, neural networks or machine learning, f) college educated or even particularly well high school educated, g) a billionaire

Imagine the harm I could do to the world if I had effectively unlimited money and opinions about my superiority to everybody else

Sarcastx for Omni-Tech President 2023, they've got what it takes.

Kashuno posted:

I said we'd go bankrupt and now we're going bankrupt. See how powerful and influential I am?

Outrail fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 23, 2022

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Steadiman posted:

Everyone wanted more reacts than just like on Facebook, but I reckon it's one of the things that made FB a much more toxic platform.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

sarcastx posted:

just in case it wasn't clear enough in my post about using visual only for self-driving: the reason I think it's feasible is because I'm an idiot

Dude dont be hard on yourself.

I think like other people have said. ITS HARD! but possible.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

MrQwerty posted:

your first mistake, Steadiman, was assuming Elon knows gently caress-all about poo poo

Ugh, I always gently caress that up and assume a person knows at least something. You're right, of course. If he knew even the slightest thing about his own platform he'd know 90% of users barely use it outside of reading...a prime market for advertisers and not a group you want to scare away. Turns out focusing entirely on adapting your product to the small group of very vocal nazi idiots and their specific wants seems to not be a winning strategy

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Postman posted:

This is how any brilliant engineer would handle an engineering problem. They would hastily implement a change without thorough testing and feedback, then hold a poll. If you aren't seeing Elon's engineering mindset at work here I don't know what to tell you.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1606214546342846464?s=20&t=kLIoJXPKlSKkbcLeirggaw

lol this UI is gonna be such a clusterfuck

I hope he adds emojis like Facebook

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Senor Tron posted:

Everyone wanted more reacts than just like on Facebook, but I reckon it's one of the things that made FB a much more toxic platform.

Before I quit Facebook I’d see the laughing reaction constantly used when something tragic happened to someone liberal. I never really saw it happening to my conservative friends when bad stuff happened to them.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The Postman posted:

This is how any brilliant engineer would handle an engineering problem. They would hastily implement a change without thorough testing and feedback, then hold a poll. If you aren't seeing Elon's engineering mindset at work here I don't know what to tell you.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1606214546342846464?s=20&t=kLIoJXPKlSKkbcLeirggaw

lol this UI is gonna be such a clusterfuck

Trying to turn Twitter into Discord but worse.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Waiting for the day he (accidentally) breaks the twitter api all apps use

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Haha, implementing reactions is going to drive down all other forms of engagement and the dude doesn't even realize. A reply or quote tweet is worth much more than a like or (hypothetical) react.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Data Graham posted:

hahahahHAHAHA

for the last time libtards you gotta look at the 5 year trend

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

and it's still almost as big as the whole rest of the industry combined, which is just plain unrealistic

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Postman posted:

is the FBI still working at twitter????

If you ve missed it, There were alot of "former" fbi agents working at twitter. Also The FBI paid twitter a few million to cover admirative costs with dealing with mis information.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Alan Smithee posted:

for the last time libtards you gotta look at the 5 year trend

Past performance is guaranteed future gains

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Senor Tron posted:

i dont think that had anything to do with reaction buttons

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Past performance is guaranteed future gains

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ups_rail posted:

If you ve missed it, There were alot of "former" fbi agents working at twitter. Also The FBI paid twitter a few million to cover admirative costs with dealing with mis information.

Oh man, how sneaky!

Next you will tell me the government monitors threats on social media!

When does the persecution end?! :qq:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Kim.Com: "i am going to russia where ze FBI cannot catch me!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

sarcastx posted:

just in case it wasn't clear enough in my post about using visual only for self-driving: the reason I think it's feasible is because I'm an idiot

If you understand you are an idiot and step away, you are not part of the problem. You are an intelligent actor that understands their own limitations.

If your response is instead to push forward and get elbow deep in the pregnant cow, you are a berk.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tamba posted:

and it's still almost as big as the whole rest of the industry combined, which is just plain unrealistic

Yeah thats the thing about this stock plunge, to me, its still absurdly insanely overvalued. Thats just how overvalued it was, it can be down 70% and still need to fall another massive plunge

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Before I quit Facebook I’d see the laughing reaction constantly used when something tragic happened to someone liberal. I never really saw it happening to my conservative friends when bad stuff happened to them.

Before I quit Facebook this drove me nuts. It's not just reserved for chuds reacting to left wing stuff. I'd see a laugh emoji on news articles about school shootings and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kru
Oct 5, 2003

what did I miss last night?