Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1605922987907158018?s=20&t=-lEXv9QvxwliB28w1-jbZQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i knew it

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I love Dave's constant shitposting

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If you see a flashlight on the ground you can pick it up and it works well. Just be careful if you throw it, I've had it kinda bounce and instagib me.

Classic early physics objects.

Batman Rogue City apparently releases today or tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrRY1t1-6u0

catlord fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 22, 2022

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just had a thought on the Secret Level Its curious how it changed from the leaked version, and I look forward to seeing how they tweak things in the finished build.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
dn3d for 2 bucks? I'd be a fool to not buy it. Probably gonna get blood too.

Merry Steam Sale everybody ho ho ho

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I know we practice a strict #FuckGearbox in this house, but do give Alien World Order a go.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I know we practice a strict #FuckGearbox in this house, but do give Alien World Order a go.

Yeah, they're great levels.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Narcissus1916 posted:

I thought it was less "#FuckGearbox" and more "#FuckRandy." Gearbox has some good games, but Ol' Randy's a tool.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Narcissus1916 posted:

is this post a Q drop?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I played WT through Raze a few months ago and Alien World Order does kick rear end. There are a few genuinely challenging levels, so I might not start with it.

The music is all pretty drat good too.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
All the Unreal games are 80% off on GOG for their final stand. You've got about eight hours.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

idk, why give Epic money? Particularly when they're outright abandoning support. Buy something else from GOG and download the Unreal GOG installers from wherever.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Eh, gently caress it. I'll pay four bucks to not have to hunt for the ones I'm missing later. I should probably play through the ones I have already too...

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SCheeseman posted:

idk, why give Epic money? Particularly when they're outright abandoning support. Buy something else from GOG and download the Unreal GOG installers from wherever.

Ease of access if nothing else, plus 6 to 8 bucks for three classic games(and one goofy pile of jank) is an excellent deal, also there's already a fan made master server for Unreal & UT99 and we'll probably see one setup for UT2K4 within a few months as well

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Dusk, Amid Evil, Prodeus, Wrath: Aeon of Ruin and Chasm are all pretty solid right? Has anyone played Deadlink? I don't think it's retro but it is on my WL and I gotta ask

e: oh poo poo nightmare reaper too. That's like 6 boomer shooters + probably doom 2, dn3d and possibly blood if I've got change

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 23, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Haven’t played chasm but I liked all the other games you mentioned except Prodeus

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Deadlink is very not retro but it's a good time if you like metaprogression roguelite FPSes and nuDoom-adjacent combat.

Fair warning, it can feel kind of bad until you get some weapon damage in the upgrade tree and don't end up having to shotgun basic grunts in the head twice to kill them.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dusk, Amid Evil, Prodeus, Wrath: Aeon of Ruin and Chasm are all pretty solid right? Has anyone played Deadlink? I don't think it's retro but it is on my WL and I gotta ask

e: oh poo poo nightmare reaper too. That's like 6 boomer shooters + probably doom 2, dn3d and possibly blood if I've got change

Prodeus is really solid. There's only one campaign episode so far but it's a very good one. I'll have to check later if the community maps have been updated.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Last year's best game is half off:

https://twitter.com/CSoftproducts/status/1606046151328681984?s=20&t=zc8ocTGm_rhHimVTQCXDvg

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do the old cheat codes work on the Force Engine port of Dark Forces? I want to type in larandy and lamaxout again and go to town with a supercharged stormtrooper rifle

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The Kins posted:

All the Unreal games are 80% off on GOG for their final stand. You've got about eight hours.

Well boy I sure am glad they did this in the middle of the fuckin' night while I was asleep. How can one company be this bad at getting my money?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
They realistically have no reason to even want you to play Unreal or pay them pennies for it. Every minute you're playing Unreal is a minute you're not immersed in the Fortnite V-bucks economy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
is there a shock rifle in Fortnite? they should add it if not.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

Arc Hammer posted:

Do the old cheat codes work on the Force Engine port of Dark Forces? I want to type in larandy and lamaxout again and go to town with a supercharged stormtrooper rifle

I used LASKIP to get past the third level, the sewer level, that stopped me in my tracks when I was a kid. It feels so weird to actually play it as a regular shooter with mouseaim and quicksaves. I love it, but man some of these mazes are ridiculous.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Cultic. Play Cultic.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Pope Guilty posted:

Cultic. Play Cultic.
This bears repeating; in my opinion it's the best of the bunch. Such smooth movement and satisfying shooting.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

thedangergroove posted:

I used LASKIP to get past the third level, the sewer level, that stopped me in my tracks when I was a kid. It feels so weird to actually play it as a regular shooter with mouseaim and quicksaves. I love it, but man some of these mazes are ridiculous.

I found Fest to be much more mazey than the sewer level, the sewer level actually wasn't so bad with a decent resolution and mouselook. I find it amazing how well the game still holds up!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

anilEhilated posted:

This bears repeating; in my opinion it's the best of the bunch. Such smooth movement and satisfying shooting.

popping cultist heads feels so good. real nice. there's a demo so go check it out.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I just returned to Cultic after a short hiatus so I could knock out the last achievements (spend $15k in survival mode, make it through a level without getting injured, and find all of the secrets). For the 4 maps where I was still missing secrets, I decided to jump into each one with the pistol-start option on Extreme difficulty. Let me tell you, you definitely play differently when you're starting each level with only a pistol; even monster in-fighting becomes an important mechanic to exploit at times.

By the end of the Asylum level, I had maybe a dozen bullets left to deal with an Incinerator and quartet of knights, and I ended up frantically kiting them around until I could gas up the generator and jump in the lift to exit the level by the skin of my teeth.

~37 hours well spent.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Pope Guilty posted:

Cultic. Play Cultic.

I've got 69 hours of cultic

e: so Amid Evil seems pretty great except it kinda runs for poo poo on my terrible PC. Bummer. I've got it at medium settings though and it's running... fine? Has a grainy look to everything but not really a dealbreaker. Bigger problem is the cursor really seems to overshoot the menus but that might just be a sensitivity issue that I can't notice because I've got a staff that fires homing blue poo poo. I was wondering why more games didn't do the mystical weapons route because it always seemed fun to me but I was a weirdo who kinda like hexen too

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 24, 2022

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Batman Rogue City really is something else. Incredibly detailed environments and solid level design with unique tricks like a grappling hook and weapons set.

it is also BASTARD hard and halfway through level three I just threw on the invincibility cheat

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Dusk otoh runs like a dream :swoon:. So far seems to play like one too. I got a feeling I'm really gonna like this game. Anyone who's got Amid Evil and Wrath:AoR, how fares the latter in comparison hardware wise? Overall the screenshots make it seem like it'd be easier on the ole potato but I've been tricked before.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Batman Rogue City really is something else. Incredibly detailed environments and solid level design with unique tricks like a grappling hook and weapons set.

it is also BASTARD hard and halfway through level three I just threw on the invincibility cheat

hahaha I can't get past the tutorial :(

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

It seems you have to dash and wall jump in this Batman mod but those are optional features that are disabled by default I mean wtf. Also couldn't figure out the tutorial after kicking those trash cans.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
also I noclipped past to see if it explained more and it told me to use grappling hook (default 'g') but it was not bound and also none of the keys I bound it to did anything

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I bound grapple to middle mouse and finally got going. The tutorial doesn't require an air dash or a wall climb but apparently there are options for both in the menu???

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dusk otoh runs like a dream :swoon:. So far seems to play like one too. I got a feeling I'm really gonna like this game. Anyone who's got Amid Evil and Wrath:AoR, how fares the latter in comparison hardware wise? Overall the screenshots make it seem like it'd be easier on the ole potato but I've been tricked before.

I'm waiting for the full release of Wrath but it's literally a Quake Engine game so

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/PandaMoniumGR/status/1606502664275107841

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s insanely impressive. Imagine if something like that came out back then on Saturn.