Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

learnincurve posted:

They think he was either winding a group of young lads up in the pub, or paying them, but he left no evidence other than these pictures that had been texted to him which was the only thing they could nail him on. We think he was paying them because there have been no incidents since he lost twitter/the divorce.

He's a vile poo poo.

Barry Foster posted:

Bessantj if you're going to be in public get an unvalved n95/ffp2 that has headstraps (NOT ear loops, they're real bad)

Will do, I'm pretty sure we have some in the works van.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Mugsbaloney posted:

Anyone got the link posted upthread to the gender talk? Thought it would be in my library but it isn't, trying to do me a learno

If it was the one I posted, it's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1oVv59o-UQ

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

That's it, thanks!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

TACD posted:

There was a couple of years where we had some kind of foil/plastic backed paper that was basically impossible to tear as well, some people had to resort to scissors or knives to get into my gifts 🎅🏻

See, now that would be a challenge. Could I find the edge of the tape and remove it? Come back in a few hours and find out! (While everyone around screams "just tear the loving thing! Cut it! Here's a Stanley knife!")

I know it's been said so, so many times, but my god, how can anyone be so loving unvoteable-for when we've got :waves arms all-encompassingly: this crap going on? It's some kind of Satanic miracle.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Runcible Cat posted:

I know it's been said so, so many times, but my god, how can anyone be so loving unvoteable-for when we've got :waves arms all-encompassingly: this crap going on? It's some kind of Satanic miracle.

It's not. Starmer is just exactly the same kind of oval office as the ones we already have. He's not worth voting for for the same reason as the Tories aren't worth voting for.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Runcible Cat posted:

tony blair had celebrities that liked him. keir starmer needs the celebrities to like him. we have to be tony blair again. let's declare a war

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Not gonna post glinner as requested but have been enjoying this persons tweets https://twitter.com/mebisdead/status/1606190640521310208

https://twitter.com/mebisdead/status/1606122405839212547

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
ignoring him is probably best right now anyway, glinner has already completely irreparably destroyed his career and has nowhere near the slight levels of charisma needed to get a proper foothold in the grift industry

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

do like the idea of him slowly wandering between Edinburgh pubs that won't let him in, stink lines visible

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
you have to hand it to lowtax, he did the right thing in the end

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah, hubris https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1606305259369947136

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Watching Star Wars Holiday Special.

Itchy and Lumpy.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It's real cringe

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

you have to hand it to lowtax, he did the right thing in the end

Right thing for the wrong reasons though. Didn't he take the lead-plated retirement because he thought it'd gently caress over his ex(es)?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Z the IVth posted:

Right thing for the wrong reasons though. Didn't he take the lead-plated retirement because he thought it'd gently caress over his ex(es)?

No, he thought spending all his money on goldbelly cookies would gently caress over his exes because then he'd have no money to pay alimony

He went the Hemingway when he discovered that that wouldn't work and he was still on the hook

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

#NormalIsland

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Just get the army to do everything. Police, ambulances, government.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

UK national draft in 3.. 2..

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

looks great when all your public services are run by the one group of people who can't say no

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

fuctifino posted:

#NormalIsland

Then I guess the Mail will have no objections when they strike again, right?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

kecske posted:

looks great when all your public services are run by the one group of people who can't say no

The military spell strike with a "c".

As in "c-o-u-p".

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Diet Crack posted:

UK national draft in 3.. 2..

My Dad, who did National Service in the Navy, and can be a bit "bootstraps!", "pull your socks up!", "buckle down and stop complaining!" at times, says that NS destroyed much of his faith in the UK being #normalisland and the majority of his peers found it the same. So I'm sure that'd go really well.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jedit posted:

It's not. Starmer is just exactly the same kind of oval office as the ones we already have. He's not worth voting for for the same reason as the Tories aren't worth voting for.

Yeah, I know, but they keep trying.

Still, I suppose if your job depends on not noticing that one set of cunts is exactly the same as the other you might not realise that other people have managed to...

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

can’t wait for the inevitable reveal that the army border forces just let a bunch of criminals in boris and his entourage back from their hollibobs

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Let's just carry this on until in 4 years time the military is entirely undermanned because they don't want to spend their Christmases doing all these jobs so the government can avoid negotiations. And then the Tories can start blaming wokeism for them not being able to send anyone over to defend the Falklands from being win by Argentina in a football tournament.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Holibobs is one of those words where it just rubs me the wrong way. Hence why we use it ironically.

It's like the word nubile, it should never be used because it feels gross to do so.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
It's nice to see those army people doing some work experience. Maybe soon they can get full time jobs and contribute to the economy instead of getting their housing, meals and clothes bought for them by hard working taxpayers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

nu bile who dis

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Nu bile is the colour of kieth's morning poo poo after shutting his liver down with a fifth of nu labour policy for another night.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

Holibobs is one of those words where it just rubs me the wrong way. Hence why we use it ironically.

It's like the word nubile, it should never be used because it feels gross to do so.

I hate that folksy poo poo especially when they use it for shops and things

Maccy d's :barf:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

mickey d's :colbert:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Microplastics posted:

Platty jooooobs

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

kecske posted:

mickey d's :colbert:

maccas :colbert:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1606309410762117120

I did a bit of googling, and found his first hand account

quote:

I remained quiet in the first part of the proclamation, concerning the death of Elizabeth. Any death is sad and I would not object to people mourning.

It was only when they declared Charles to be “King Charles III” that I called out “Who elected him?” I doubt most of the people in the crowd even heard me. Two or three people near me told me to shut up. I didn’t insult them or attack them personally, but responded by saying that a head of state was being imposed on us without our consent.

A security guard appeared, stood right in front of me and told me to be quiet. Two more security guards came along and they tried to push me backwards. As I asked them to give the legal basis for what they were doing, the police came over, more or less moved the security guards out of the way and took hold of me. I was outraged that they were leading me away, but was taken aback when they told me they were arresting me. I have no illusions about the police’s questionable relationship with the law, but I seemed to have been arrested for nothing more than expressing an opinion in public. They gave me confused answers when I asked on what grounds I had been arrested.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress this toilet country

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Microplastics posted:

I like it when shops move into new markets without looking up what words mean in other cultures.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah the power of losing things in translation.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Dried nuts? Sounds about right.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

If anyone wants something to take their minds off the absolute poo poo show going on at the moment, Garth Marenghi’s Terrortome is very good and worth your time if you like that Darkplace style humour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's a bunch of people in the UK who already think that if you eat a vegan sausage roll your dick will fly inside out and kill you, so maybe the whole thing is deliberate.