Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

ascii genitals posted:

I ran a bunch of other stuff, garlic is really cool. Don't buy that pre-chopped bullshit.

I don't, but I still want to see the graphs.

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

ascii genitals posted:

Speaking of Penzey's vanilla I was playing around at work yesterday and analyzed Penzey's double vanilla against some vanilla extract I made. I stuck a bunch of sliced beans into everclear that I diluted down to 50% ethanol. It has been sitting in a dark cabinet for a year and I shake it every month or so.

The Penzey's stuff definitely has some extra volatile (smell/taste contributing) compounds but the amount of vanillin is pretty similar between homemade and the good poo poo.

I'm no chemist but any idea why your mix has so much more methyl (2-hydroxy-3-ethoxy-benzyl ether) than Penzeys? It looks like your is about 4 times higher?

(Organic chemistry is so bonkers.)

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

ascii genitals posted:

I still try and buy the best spices and extracts I can, even if some of it is lost from heat. Penzey's has great stuff and their owner sends tons of newsletters talking poo poo about chuds. Gotta support a good company. One thing I'll never skimp on is black pepper.. the best Penzey's black peppercorns are CRAZY better than anything else I've found. And those little packets of black pepper I'm pretty sure are just sawdust with caryophyllene sprayed on it.

Oh I'm a HUGE fan of Penzeys. I've been buying my spices from them since... 2005 I think, and even more so now that they piss off the chuds so much.

And I agree, their black pepper is phenomenal.

Oh, and McCormick's is actually a good company. They've been one of my suppliers in the past, and my manager used to work in their R&D department. It just comes down to the age of the product on the shelf, but if the production date is relatively recent then they do make good products and use modified atmosphere to protect against oxidation.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Pookah posted:

I'm no chemist but any idea why your mix has so much more methyl (2-hydroxy-3-ethoxy-benzyl ether) than Penzeys? It looks like your is about 4 times higher?

(Organic chemistry is so bonkers.)

No idea! And Penzey's has way more 4-methoxybenzyl alcohol (aka anise alcohol, a natural product found in Vanilla pompona)

Garlic:

What should be in there

What I found in a bit of freshly diced garlic

I am making some indian food right now and got some garlic ginger paste, I want to compare that to fresh garlic and fresh ginger..and also buy some of the crappy pre-chopped stuff. I bet all the good stinky sulfur stuff will be tiny.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Any gripe you can hold against the current state of Canadian healthcare is due entirely to conservatives and neolib politicians starving the system on purpose to claim "the system doesn't work" with their goal being privatizing the system so their cronies can take over to funnel even more wealth into their pockets.
Literally any criticism you can make about the CN system also applies to the US (but more); this is a case of media consumption getting people to ignore their lying eyes and ears in favor of Party-approved alternate reality.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for uninviting my soon to be MIL from my wedding?

quote:

I (f27) am engaged to my fiancé (m45) and we plan to get married in July. I have two kids with my late husband. My soon to be MIL (who I will refer to as MIL) does not know this full context as I am a private person and am not overly close with her. He passed when I was 23 and I really only discuss his passing once I am incredibly close with someone (I have only spoken to MIL at a handful of holidays and never had a conversation that extended far beyond the basics).

Now to get into this, we recently hosted our first Thanksgiving! I felt very accomplished and was excited to share this moment with my soon to be family. The only issue being that I had totally forgotten the mashed potatoes, which seemed to have MIL in a very pissy mood. Thankfully, fiancé’s sister offered to go to the store to buy some instant mashed potatoes to which I was very grateful. She asked me to check in on her youngest daughter, who was in an upstairs bedroom with my kids and had been very quiet recently (moms of reddit know this is never a good thing!). I, of course, agree. I go to check on them and find them fully engrossed in Encanto.

Left sitting at the table downstairs were my soon to be MIL, FIL, BIL, fiancé, and most importantly: SIL’s oldest daughter (F15). As I make my way downstairs I do note the silence at the table but don’t think much of it. After the dinner, however, while everyone is leaving SIL’s oldest daughter pulls me aside and asks to be speak to me. I ask her if everything is okay and she explains that while I was gone MIL made a comment something to the note of how she didn’t get why fiancé would get with someone who is already “used-up” and that running around with someone like that would ruin his reputation among men, along with another comment that she said she wasn’t comfortable repeating, she said she wouldn’t have felt right if she hadn’t told me. I thanked her profusely, honestly completely in shock at what I had just heard.

MIL had already left at this point, I am a very confrontational person because I believe it gets drama over with. I called her and asked her if it was true and she got really quiet before admitting that it was. She said, something along the lines of, “I am glad you know how everyone feels now, I was getting tired of hiding it.” When I started to cry she replied, and this is a direct quote, “You act like a slut you get treated like one.” In a moment of anger I uninvited her from my my wedding. My fiancé is very upset and is threatening to leave if I don’t fix this all now. He and our friends are all calling me the Ahole, and many have been ostracizing me. I am open to criticism but I really don’t think I did anything wrong. So, AITA for uninviting my soon to be MIL from my wedding?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Piell posted:

AITA for uninviting my soon to be MIL from my wedding?

better hurry up and marry this guy who's okay with his mom calling you a used-up slut, he's a real catch

e: ugh, just noticed the age gap. i'm sure this guy spent 45 years saving himself for marriage, right

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 23, 2022

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

AITA for making her split the bill with me on our anniversary?

quote:

Our anniversary was last week which is inconvenient as it’s near Christmas. I spent a lot of money on my nieces and nephews gifts so I didn’t want an expensive anniversary. To my gf’s defence we don’t really go out to eat and she does most of the cooking which saves us money. But I make 65k a year and she makes 110k but we split things half half. At the beginning of our relationship I wanted to split things proportionally to our income but she refused saying we weren’t married so she isn’t splitting things. I feel like she is pressuring me to get married to get her to pay her fair share.

Anyway she picks the restaurant and it’s very expensive. She gets a $60 steak and I just get a salad because it’s expensive. She also had 2 cocktails and I just had water so what she ate came to $80. We share a desert and when the bill comes the waiter asks together or separate. I say separate but I’ll pay for desert and she looks unhappy but doesn’t say anything. She waits until we get into the car and then gets mad that I didn’t pay for the dinner. I say I had a lot of present to pay for and she picked a very expensive restaurant without telling me it was expensive so she should pay for herself. She says it’s our anniversary and we hadn’t eaten out all month for this special occasion and I shouldn’t have bought such expensive toys if I couldn’t afford an $80 meal. I get mad and say my nieces and nephews are family and kids so I’m spending on them but she is an adult and can afford to pay for herself. She gets angry and yells that I’m an adult so I can cook for myself from now on. Since then she hasn’t mad dinner for us and only makes her share, eats it and ignores me.

AITA for not pumping my girlfriend's gas?

quote:

My (19M) girlfriend (18f) got her license about 3 months ago, but last week was the first time that I've been in the car with her while she was driving. My car was in the shop & she came to pick me up from work & on our way back she decides to stop at a gas station. We pull up to the machine, she looks at me funny for a moment, doesn't say anything & then gets out the car & starts pumping her gas. When she gets back in the car, I ask her what the funny look was for & she says, "Really? How do I have a man in the car & I'm the one pumping gas?"

"Because its your car & youre the one driving?"

She says, "Wow. And you're not even a little bit embarassed? Watching your girlfriend pump gas in the cold while youre sitting in the nice, warm car listening to music?"

I say, "No I was actually quite comfortable & if I wasn't here, wouldn't you have to pump the gas by yourself anyway?"

She says, "But that's the point. You're here. A woman should never to pump gas while a man's in the car. My dad, uncle, cousin, brother, nephew, whoever would've never just did what you did just now."

I say, "Well, Im not them & I don't subscribe to that. Can we go now?"

Mind you, the whole time were having this conversation she hasnt even started the car. The gas station is filling up w/ cars & shes literally hogging a machine.

She says, "I'm not moving until you apologize."

To make it even worse, the guy waiting in the car behind us walks over and politely taps on the window and says, "Hey, sorry, are you guys leaving or...?" She rolls down the window & asks him, "If your girlfriend or wife was driving, would you still pump her gas?" He says, "Uhhh, probably?" & she looks at me victory & we finally move.

She says, "Seriously, don't ever do that again" I probably should have let it go, but I couldn't: "No, if we're in your car and youre driving, youre pumping the gas." She starts going off again until I cant take it anymore. I get out & start walking down side streets to a friends place. She's following me calling my name & my phone, but I ignore her & eventually lose her when she gets stuck at a red light.

Since last Friday I've been getting all sorts of angry messages & texts from her friends about how Im not a real man for not pumping gas & even my friends were telling me, "Yeah, man, you should always pump the girls gas, its just principle."

That whole week was Finals week so I didnt really pay too much attention to what they were saying but Finals ended yesterday & I'm home now for Christmas. My extended family is all here, so I decided to ask them if a guy should always pump gas for the girl. I'm confused because all the men are saying yes, but all the women are saying that while they appreciate the men doing it, they can also do it by themselves, even when a man is in the car. They're all still arguing downstairs & its getting pretty heated so I decided to write to you guys to ask AITA & should I apologize?

This wonderful couple deserves to live in New Jersey.

ascii genitals fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 23, 2022

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

ascii genitals posted:

That's... that's not a thing! That's not a thing anywhere! It's something you do as the driver!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So, what, in this scenario does the man also pay for the gas? Take his little lady's cute wallet from her to pay while she sits in the driver's seat? Or does he just always control the finances so his girl doesn't have to worry her pretty little head about it?

What the gently caress is this. Driver pumps.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ascii genitals posted:

quote:

We pull up to the machine, she looks at me funny for a moment, doesn't say anything & then gets out the car & starts pumping her gas.

yeah, she's the rear end in a top hat. not everybody's heard of your sexist gas station traditions, lady

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
Him offering to pump would be a nice gesture in the same sort of old-fashioned way as him offering to carry her stuff or open her door. Him doing it without asking or being asked would make him the sexist rear end in a top hat.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

If she felt that way she should have asked. It's lovely to assume.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Who checks the tire pressure ? Why did I even ask? I know the answer. She's riding around with underinflated tires. Obama would be so disappointed.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
One of you handles getting gas, the other goes inside to get snacks. How loving complicated is that?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I always pump my wife's gas because she's a coward and a weakling, and needs a big strong man to fight the pack of wolves that roam the pumps hunting for flesh

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I pump my wife's gas if you know what I mean

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Doctor Butts posted:

I pump my wife's gas if you know what I mean

Thirty seconds to fill 'er up is hardly a brag.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for not teaching my daughter to drive?

The op made a very unsurprising comment:

quote:

What does being “evangelical” have to do with this? Teaching our daughter to submit to authority is important. It just means be respectful. I’m not depriving her freedom. When I talked to her, she seemed to only be stuck on driving, instead of her character that’s an issue.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
My husband and I are both manly men but I always offer to pump the gas because I don't want him to get cold. Sometimes he pumps the gas because he also doesn't want me to get cold. We break gas pumping gender stereotypes.

Edit sometimes we both insist and we end up having a gas pumping date :3:

BigHead fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 23, 2022

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Women should always pump the gas so something like this doesn't happen

https://i.imgur.com/914bVW0.mp4

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA For pretending I wasn’t home when my MIL came to visit my newborn

quote:

When my husband and I announced the pregnancy of our first child the whole family was super excited about. My MIL is quite the crafter and immediately got busy knitting cute little outfits and blankets for the baby and the pregnancy was mostly uncomplicated. The birth was another story, one week late, indication, 24 hr labor, no pain relief available because it was too late and forceps delivery. Ouch!

I spent time in the hospital recovering and learning how to breastfeed which was met with resistance from my MIL because my milk wasn’t good enough and she had managed to raise four children on bottled formula. I just ignored her and continued to try my best to feed. We came home and soon after my husband went back to work. There was immediate pressure on me to be able to express milk so my MIL could come and pick her up. Unfortunately I struggled miserably at expressing but continued to catch drips and freeze into ice blocks. We started to get into a routine, I was still trying to express however I was more concerned with giving my child what she needed now.

This one day we woke up early and I fed almost continuously from 4am so when my daughter finally fell asleep at 10am I turned the phone down and caught up on household jobs. Who should arrive knocking on the door? My MIL, I prayed she didn’t wake up and I hid and pretended to not be home because she would want to hold her and ultimately wake her up. Of course she phoned my husband who then called me where I explained the matter but when he arrived home he blew up at me. “My mum came over to visit and take our daughter for the day and you just ignored her” I repeated what had happened earlier and that his mother couldn’t just swan on over and take my child without notice especially considering she is exclusively breast fed. He yelled at me again and told me that I had better start expressing so she could come over whenever she felt like it. Which ended with if that’s how you feel maybe you should move back home and you can also see your daughter when I’ve expressed enough for a bottle.

From there on out my MIL would still come by unannounced and would always comment on the quality of my milk and how unhealthy my baby looked (she was always weighing in healthy at all of our child health appointments)

My MIL comments about my parenting choices have always been on my mind but I have always wondered if I am the A*****E and perhaps I could have handled it differently because our relationship has always been rocky since but it probably didn’t help that four years later I fell pregnant again and in no certain terms I informed her that I intended to exclusively breastfeed and if she didn’t have anything productive to say her comments weren’t welcome.

AITA ?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
i am the A*****E pronounced arts and entertainment

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

Which ended with if that’s how you feel maybe you should move back home and you can also see your daughter when I’ve expressed enough for a bottle.

lol

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Piell posted:

AITA For pretending I wasn’t home when my MIL came to visit my newborn

These moms are sick assholes, gently caress off with that poo poo. The last thing a lactating mom needs to hear is that her milk isn't good enough, or isn't enough.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

hallo spacedog posted:

These moms are sick assholes, gently caress off with that poo poo. The last thing a lactating mom needs to hear is that her milk isn't good enough, or isn't enough.

I am afraid to show that post to my wife because it's just gonna make her insanely angry. She literally pumped 10 minutes after waking up from getting her colon removed because she wanted to be able to breast feed our youngest up until she started chemo. gently caress that woman and gently caress the husband for being a little poo poo and not standing up for his wife

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

B-Rock452 posted:

I am afraid to show that post to my wife because it's just gonna make her insanely angry. She literally pumped 10 minutes after waking up from getting her colon removed because she wanted to be able to breast feed our youngest up until she started chemo. gently caress that woman and gently caress the husband for being a little poo poo and not standing up for his wife

Godspeed to your courageous wife.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hawkperson posted:

my 18 year old daughter isn't good at being my therapy sponge so I'm going to punish her by making sure she's dependent on me so that she's forced into learning to be my therapy sponge. also, she doesn't smile at random assholes at church! hope that kid goes to college far, far away.

They also say it's important that she "'learn how to submit to authority" in the comments, that it's "being respectful."

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 23, 2022

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

hallo spacedog posted:

My wife just was not able to produce enough milk, and thanks to those assholes at La Leche League* she felt like an absolute failure and kept trying for too long before we switched to formula. We were new parents and didn't know any better. After our second child was born I made sure to send the LLL volunteer away without even seeing my wife.

* A non-profit pro-breastfeeding organization. They send volunteers around to new moms. They never once told us that it was OK to switch to formula and just told my wife to keep trying and it'll work out. It didn't.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

drat IT

Cowslips Warren posted:

Whatever happened to the whole Disneyworld tax thing anyway?

Zero One posted:

Everyone is ignoring it because what they actually did was give Disney a huge tax break by passing the responsibility for bond payment to the county / state. Disney loves that so it hasn't done anything. Desantis is too embarrassed to admit he hosed up and has moved onto... let me check my notes... launching a criminal investigation against Covid vaccines.
Literally this. I was following it this past spring and the plan was to take the Disney-run municipality, Reedy Creek, and put it under the jurisdiction of local/state government rather than Disney. The problem is that as the "owner" of Reedy Creek, Disney effectively taxes itself to pay for all its costs. There's no limit on how much Disney can tax itself. However, there is a limit on how much a government entity in Florida can tax a company, and that limit is way below what Disney currently pays. So the amount of money that Disney would pay every year would drop significantly, the costs would remain pretty much the same, and the taxpayers would have to make up the difference.

In addition, Reedy Creek has the ability to sell bonds to raise money. Removing Reedy Creek from Disney's jurisdiction would mean the responsibility for paying back about $1 billion in bonds would move to the government (and again, the taxpayers). In fact, it might not even be legal.

tl;dr: DeSantis is a dumbshit and so are his supporters and I hope this poo poo goes through so Floridians can suffer more.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

"they deserve an explanation"

Buddy you've already gotten two explanations.

And by explanations we mean black eyes!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

How it started:
AITA for being upset that I won't see my grandkid for Christmas and calling out my daughter

quote:

I need an outsider opinion. I (46F) have been having problem with my daughter Sara (24). It began when she eloped with her husband three years ago, me and my husband were really sad that we couldn't see her get married or even know about it until it was over. We were sad but got over it, it was her day and if she didn't want anyone there then that was that. We talk on the phone or met up at least ever week so it was a huge suprise.

Then they moved down two states, its would be a trip to visit so we still talk on the phone more instead of visits. So for holidays we would visit or they would visit. This year at Thanksgiving she brought a surprise, her son Dave (1 month). I didn't even know she was pregnant, we talked all the time and nothing. Again was sad we missed such a large milestone in her life but didn't say anything. We were happy to met the grandbaby.

I called today to ask about what they wanted me to bring out for the baby for the Christmas visit, the old baby bed and whatnot. Sara told me that they will not be coming up for Christmas, I asked if we were going down this year? She said no that just nuclear family for Dave's first christmas. I asked if we could facetime christmas morning or that day to see Dave and there tree and she said no. After that conversation I talked to my husband

We are both sad again and tired of missing milestones in Sara's life, I sent Sara a text that me and her dad are going to take a step back. (Low contact). She called and asked what this was about, I told her and it broke into an argument. That it is her life and she can do what she wants with her kid and so on. I told her she clearly doesn't want us involved in her life and we are stepping out for now. She called me an rear end.

So AITA here? I need a second opinion
How it's going:
Update: AITA for being upset that I won't see my grandkid for Christmas and calling out my daughter

quote:

I took everyone's advice and it has been a long week for the family. I gave her a call after a lot of people asked me to reach out again and asked her straight up what she wanted, did she want us out of her life, what is going on and to please be honest. She was quiet for a bit and hung up after saying give her some time. I thought that was the end of it and she would reach out later or never.

Well on Monday she showed up at our house after a 8 hour drive. Sara sat both of us down and told the full story what was going on. She was happy with eloping and just didn't want to spend money on a wedding (we knew this one). For the baby, she was never pregnant. Her husband cheated on her and got another women pregnant. Sara found out about 2 months before the kid was born. She didn't tell us because Sara knew we would tell her to leave him (100 percent true). She wanted to fix the marriage and in doing that she kept it a secret so her husband wouldn't get any backlash. She told us the only reason they were able to met Dave was due to biomom dropping the kid off so she could visit her family across the country, there is no custody agreement. It's been a huge mess on there end and the marriage is rough at the moment.

Sara was planning to go to Christmas at our place at the beginning and explain the situation but Dave would be with biomom and husband didn't want the secret out. So when we called her saying we were going to take a step back Sara was very upset. She thought she was losing her family over a secret to protect her husband. Her husband didn't help since he never had close family so he didn't understand why she was upset. Sara and her husband got in a huge argument about the whole thing ordeal. When I called again she already made up her mind that she will be telling us and going to Christmas at our house. She took time off and drove down and will stay for Christmas.

She doesn't know what she will due with her husband and if she will try to fix it or leave. She did tell us to stay out of it since she wants her decision to 100 percent on her. We will respect that even though we are hoping she leaves him for this stunt.

Thank you everyone that commented on the last post, you had some great advice and made us really think what was going on.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

ascii genitals posted:

No idea! And Penzey's has way more 4-methoxybenzyl alcohol (aka anise alcohol, a natural product found in Vanilla pompona)

Garlic:

What should be in there

What I found in a bit of freshly diced garlic

I am making some indian food right now and got some garlic ginger paste, I want to compare that to fresh garlic and fresh ginger..and also buy some of the crappy pre-chopped stuff. I bet all the good stinky sulfur stuff will be tiny.

This deserves a thread unto itself, pretty please :getin:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

How it started:
AITA for being upset that I won't see my grandkid for Christmas and calling out my daughter

How it's going:
Update: AITA for being upset that I won't see my grandkid for Christmas and calling out my daughter

Well that took a hell of a turn I didn't expect.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Canuckistan posted:

My wife just was not able to produce enough milk, and thanks to those assholes at La Leche League* she felt like an absolute failure and kept trying for too long before we switched to formula. We were new parents and didn't know any better. After our second child was born I made sure to send the LLL volunteer away without even seeing my wife.

* A non-profit pro-breastfeeding organization. They send volunteers around to new moms. They never once told us that it was OK to switch to formula and just told my wife to keep trying and it'll work out. It didn't.

I'm really sorry that happened to your wife, no one should be made to feel that way. LLL is a big organization and there are doubtlessly toxic chapters, members and attitudes out there, which sucks. I am active with my local chapter and I try to keep my eyes out to make sure that no one ever feels that way or is made to feel less for not breastfeeding.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

uranium grass posted:

This deserves a thread unto itself, pretty please :getin:

Ill work on it some more and post another thread if I can. It's cool that other people are interested :).

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

ascii genitals posted:

Every gay couple is laughing at this girl right now

99% sure that this one is a shitpost, or at least I hope. I'd rather not live in a world where someone never read Everybody Poops.

Husband insists I wear buttplug to prevent me from farting.

quote:

Everytime I fart he looks at me like I’m trash. Sometimes he leaves the house. I just want to feel safe in my own home. I need a husband that lets me fart, since this a normal human function.

One time I farted and decided to just let it out. He left and came home with a medium sized butt plug and told me to “keep all that hot air in.”

It wouldn’t bother me so much if he didn’t fart any opportunity he gets. He lets them rip all he wants. I think I have fart envy? Because I’m not allowed to fart in my own home. Should I ask him to wear a buttplug as well? I mean I don’t know what he wants from me.

He confided in me that his parents told him women don’t fart or poop. Now that he has discovered that they do these things he is so disgusted with them that he can’t tolerate my bodily functions.

What can I do about it? The buttplug doesn’t seem like a good compromise to me.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

DemoneeHo posted:

Every gay couple is laughing at this girl right now

Gay men brawling furiously over who gets to pump the gas. Gay women sitting helplessly in their cars, blocking the pumps, everyone getting madder and madder.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
r/relationships: The buttplug doesn’t seem like a good compromise to me.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Why on earth would this man's parents tell him that women don't poop

like how does that even come up in conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

HopperUK posted:

Gay men brawling furiously over who gets to pump the gas. Gay women sitting helplessly in their cars, blocking the pumps, everyone getting madder and madder.

You just need to have one of each couple, so the second guy can pump for the two women.