Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Maybe it's not a good idea to let the CEO perform 100% of his duties via chat room sessions with random posters who wandered in?

but that's where he does his best engineering!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

goatface posted:

But how else will he prove that he's a man of the people?

Firing thousands of people right before Christmas?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

do we know it's actually Elon posting? He owns that one AI company everyone's going nuts for with the GPT3 text or whatever, he loves putting his Tesla on self driving, so many he put his twitter on autopilot?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chainclaw posted:

do we know it's actually Elon posting? He owns that one AI company everyone's going nuts for with the GPT3 text or whatever, he loves putting his Tesla on self driving, so many he put his twitter on autopilot?

A chatbot would sound smarter than Elmo.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

CaptainSarcastic posted:

A chatbot would sound smarter than Elmo.

Interesting.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Chainclaw posted:

GPT3 is heavily censored to be unoffensive, while Elon definitely isn't

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Tamba posted:

GPT3 is heavily censored to be unoffensive, while Elon definitely isn't

Yet Elon is consistently more offensive.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

steinrokkan posted:

Maybe it's not a good idea to let the CEO perform 100% of his duties via chat room sessions with random posters who wandered in?

Random posters? Every person in that chat was a handpicked Elon fanboi

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Chainclaw posted:

Elon finally found someone worthy of replacing him as head of twitter, a predictive text generator trained on Elon tweets

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Elon finally found someone worthy of replacing him as head of twitter, a predictive text generator trained on Elon tweets

Against all odds it actually turns out less racist than a boer emerald mine failson

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You can tell the chat bot to ignore some rules & behaviours, so we'd just need to tell it to stop the hot takes and prioritise stability and it should be ok.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1606396336592498688

yeah that's Elon...

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

You really are pretty drat funny Mr Musk

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

He's totally gonna use that poll to ban more leftist account because "LOL, you guys SAID you wanted to move to the right! Tee hee!"

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I've noticed that the first tweet in the feed on the Twitter app is now always an advert, whereas previously wouldn't get an advert until 4 or 5 tweets down.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Has Elon ever actually done a single good thing that couldn't be attributed to either dumb luck or someone else fluffing him up to make him look better? Like obviously he's a dumbass and doesn't understand the first thing about engineering and everything he says on that is pure stupidity. But like... He's proven that when left on his own he's an anti-hype man, literally rallying his stock into the ground, and every idea he's tried to put forth is just absolute poo poo.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Oh wait that's fake.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

ishikabibble posted:

Has Elon ever actually done a single good thing that couldn't be attributed to either dumb luck or someone else fluffing him up to make him look better? Like obviously he's a dumbass and doesn't understand the first thing about engineering and everything he says on that is pure stupidity. But like... He's proven that when left on his own he's an anti-hype man, literally rallying his stock into the ground, and every idea he's tried to put forth is just absolute poo poo.

His initial investment in Tesla is an actual good thing since until then car companies were purposely killing their own electric car initiatives despite popular public support. He likely watched "who killed the electric car" and realized it was an untapped market.

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

The Last Call posted:

Oh wait that's fake.

Unfortunately, but the tip off was musk admitting it

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lol he literally repeated his joke because not enough people laughed first time

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1606336047738023936?s=46&t=J_h4nOgCr08i9lGC8k5Eew

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I've noticed that the first tweet in the feed on the Twitter app is now always an advert, whereas previously wouldn't get an advert until 4 or 5 tweets down.

Yeah. I’ve noticed that too. It’s also a large ad, like 3-5 tweets tall.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ingenious manuevering by master engineer Elon Musk.

Just double the size of all ads and cut them in half for people with Blue. Another feature crossed off the list.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Noxville posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1606336047738023936?s=46&t=J_h4nOgCr08i9lGC8k5Eew

Heheheh

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lol if the crowd that spent the past year blasting bidenflation suddenly flips to complaining that actually the economy is suffering from too little inflation now because elon said so

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

:emptyquote:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
The fucker can't even bullshit his way through those calls. He knows *so little* that he's got absolutely nothing when he's called out. Just "errr ummm" it's absolutely loving pathetic.

Colossal loser energy.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

They'll change the icon for it to a swastika.

y'know what, give us a Nazi button as a react. that might be fun. everytime someone's being a Nazi, more swastikas for them. surely no one could take issue with this for any reason!

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

How could a chatbot replace elmo when we know he got rid of all of the bots?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Noxville posted:

hehehe my face when

https://i.imgur.com/galrH8v.mp4

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
somebody laugh at my joke please

never mind I'll do it myself

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Noxville posted:

Someone photoshop that Bors comic but have this tweet popping out of the well instead of the “I am very smart” guy.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao at that stammering, he sounds like Superintendent Chalmers just asked him about the fire in his kitchen

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1606414454530490368?s=20&t=aR_VQ-GVcjDuZibU7B5fZQ

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

DRINK ME posted:

Uh um uh but uh and and and huh a buh um - in this clip he sounds exactly like a guy who got called out and is making bullshit excuses, no idea what that could be

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1606125506889392131

god this man just shrinks at the slightest confrontation

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What does that even accomplish

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

It was getting in the way of maximizing trans kid dying.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Interesting

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Mental health resources are WOKE and should be abolished. What the gently caress.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

It was getting in the way of maximizing trans kid dying.

Oh Jesus this is why isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's loving scientology friends.