Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Shibawanko I think you might just not like other people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Beards are fine, but "beard as a personality" is definitely a thing, as is "beard and plug piercings guy with Disney Villians (TM) tattoo wife and small dog" couple.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Disco Pope posted:

"beard and plug piercings guy with Disney Villians (TM) tattoo wife and small dog" couple.

2020's American Gothic

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Disco Pope posted:

Beards are fine, but "beard as a personality" is definitely a thing, as is "beard and plug piercings guy with Disney Villians (TM) tattoo wife and small dog" couple.

They are happier than we can even imagine.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gripweed posted:

They are happier than we can even imagine.

Yeah, i know them. They own a little hipster shop in uptown

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

No, it's not, but thank you for demonstrating tiggs.

It absolutely is, sorry.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Crespolini posted:

It absolutely is, sorry.

There is no need to start a derail about how much you think americans suck. We all know already

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

There is no need to start a derail about how much you think americans suck. We all know already

Being able to acknowledge that there are predominantly american traits or traditions which are not as widespread elsewhere doesn't imply that you think americans suck. I do ofc think that, obviously, but it's something you brought up, not me.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I like to think of it more like American cultural hegemony is on the top of the leaderboard.

Making me the victor.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Aramek posted:

I like to think of it more like American cultural hegemony is on the top of the leaderboard.

Making me the victor.

cultural victory was always the best in civ

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Tired of people coughing all the time. Coughing on the bus, in the mall, just coughing coughing coughing. Just loving die already.
As I read through the thread I had to stop and quote this post from January of 2020 to say lmao

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

As I read through the thread I had to stop and quote this post from January of 2020 to say lmao

oh god

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Freedom of speech is overrated. Some speech should be censored for the good of everyone.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly is easily the best movie of the "Dollars" trilogy.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I just want to encourage arguing about which spaghetti western is the best in this thread, it is genuinely not a derail

:munch:

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly is easily the best movie of the "Dollars" trilogy.

This is unpopular?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DeadlyMuffin posted:

This is unpopular?

I think the "easily" makes it unpopular. Most people think all three movies are quite good and TGTBATU has an edge on the others but doesn't blow them out of the water

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The other two movies are fine, but I don't think they're nearly as memorable as TGTBATU.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
A Fistful of Dollars doesn't really have that much going for it IMO. The other two can at least stand on their own but Fistful is just a lesser version of Yojimbo.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Yeah I think the only other of the 1960s westerns that is as good is once upon a Time in the West.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
the best western film is City Slickers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

the best western film is Pitch Black

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is like...one of the most celebrated movies ever made. It's way more famous and beloved than the other two.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I was a bit too young to quite understand the Good the Bad and the Ugly when I watched it. I probably should watch it again

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I still maintain For A Few Dollars More is the best in the trilogy.

However my FAVORITE western is The Quick and the Dead (1995), though it’s not the best western.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The best western movie is Back to the Future Part 3. :clint:

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

oldpainless posted:

I still maintain For A Few Dollars More is the best in the trilogy.

Yeah, I like this one the best too.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The best western is Blazing Saddles, but TGTBATU is probably my second favorite. The main thing that detracts from the movie is its length.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Chanbara easily defeats westerns, with one blow.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I'm a big fan of the 3:10 to Yuma remake. Also Bone Tomahawk, True Grit, Slow West, and The Proposition are all great modern westerns. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and High Noon are probably my favorite classic westerns. Spaghetti Westerns is a tough one for me because you kinda have to judge each movie on it's own because they go from somber and serious to a live-action Loony Tunes production with blood sprays.

But the best western of all time is Blazing Saddles and it's not even close.

Robobot has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Dec 25, 2022

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I forget where I heard this but I only heard it once, so it's an unpopular opinion: they should remake bad/forgettable movies instead of good ones.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

oldpainless posted:

However my FAVORITE western is The Quick and the Dead (1995), though it’s not the best western.

I loved TQatD, almost as much as The Unforgiven.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
Apart from Blazing Saddles, I always enjoyed The Villain with Kirk Douglas. It was like a live action Looney Tunes.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Québec is the best province, and the competition isn't close

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Having worked in Alaska for a few months, I feel it should be considered an honorary confederate state, by which I mean gently caress that place.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

Chanbara easily defeats westerns, with one blow.

Ghost Dog is the best Samurai Cinema

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gaius Marius posted:

listen up pal this ain't called the post your objectively correct opinions thread

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
PHUO: British people are hilarious, in a bad way. Somebody who spends 17 hours a day explaining how marxist they are, then you go "lmao chip butties, really, ya dumb rosbif?" and it's 17 more hours of Churchill-splaining. I don't actually care about your chip butties, I devour sandwiches that are entirely cheddar, ketchup, and corn syrup. I'm laughing at you for being so bri'ish oi guv m8.

My mom wants to marry some dude from Torquay and he's this x10 and looks like the dictionary's picture of a gammon and I hate it.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Dec 28, 2022

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Gaius Marius posted:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

listen up pal this ain't called the post your objectively correct opinions thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Québec is the best province, and the competition isn't close

Wow that's the meanest thing anyone has ever said about Canada.