Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

YggiDee posted:

The falcon was a Stormblood preorder bonus, right now it's one of the mogtome rewards.

How the gently caress did I get one then? I sure wasn't around for StB, was it a previous mogtome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I saw a dude with a sprout on the moon. How?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It was also in a previous Mogstone event, back in 2019 I think.

SuperKlaus posted:

Bought a story skip, probably

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

hazardousmouse posted:

How the gently caress did I get one then? I sure wasn't around for StB, was it a previous mogtome?

One other time, yes.

SuperKlaus posted:

Sprout is lost after completing Shadowbringers 5.55 and 300 hours of gameplay time.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

E: actually, spoiler thread

dyslexicfaser
Dec 10, 2022

SuperKlaus posted:

Was it a Viera?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SuperKlaus posted:

Could have gone through the game real quick and not hit the playtime requirement

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

YggiDee posted:

The falcon was a Stormblood preorder bonus, right now it's one of the mogtome rewards.

No, it was a bonus for being subbed during a certain period, https://ffxiv.fandom.com/wiki/Falcon_(mount)

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

dyslexicfaser posted:

Was it a Viera?

I think so yeah. That's bunnyboys right

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

YggiDee posted:

It was also in a previous Mogstone event, back in 2019 I think.

The Fanfest one before Endwalker's launch, I believe.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Waffleman_ posted:

Could have gone through the game real quick and not hit the playtime requirement

My new co-tank for p8s is a sprout alt. It looks pretty funny to have a sprout get a (re)clear.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

super sweet best pal posted:

No, it was a bonus for being subbed during a certain period, https://ffxiv.fandom.com/wiki/Falcon_(mount)

Ahhh. I heard it was for "Celebrating the Stormblood Launch" and made some wrong assumptions there.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Doomykins posted:

Ultimate Larboard vs Starboard. :allears:

Now with Ultimate Fore and Ultimate Aft.

Maybe the first couple minutes of the fight are a Delta / Sigmascape boss rush and if you take too long Level Checker just deletes you.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Speak of Omega, I love sharing science facts with roulette friends.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

lol

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Love the reactions

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

To this day I still want to see a Gigantoad use Pantokrator.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FROmeGa

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Gigantoads have always been the ultimate combat organism in this setting. Look at how many lives the loving cliff frog in Darkhold has claimed

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

They're too cowardly to make a proper toad mount so we have to suffice with robotoad :(

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Thundarr posted:

Now with Ultimate Fore and Ultimate Aft.

Maybe the first couple minutes of the fight are a Delta / Sigmascape boss rush and if you take too long Level Checker just deletes you.

It's apparently all Omega all the time.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
There will probably be a recreation of Middy section and possibly even a Shinryu recreation.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's apparently all Omega all the time.

I thought it was everything omega had learned, which meant everything in the omega series.
if its not that I can understand that sounds like a huge pain

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Omega projecting holograms of every possible encounter from the full raid series.

Simultaneous Exdeath and Kefka AoE markers. Yes, Kefka is using his troll markers. :twisted:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
still expecting a sephiroth simulation

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

GilliamYaeger posted:

The math for Fire 3 should be [Fire 3 potency - Fire 1 potency], since you're using it in place of Fire 1 for your rotation. So it's only a gain of 144 potency to use it for Fire 3 as opposed to just casting Fire 1, while that 350 potency from Thundercloud is just free damage.

Was thinking about this, and why is it? Wouldn't the Firestarter proc be either just launched off right away as a bonus or necessarily spent the next time you reenter AF, so it never has a chance to replace Fire 1 as your timer refresher?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Apparently they said that it's Omega across its entire journey. Knowing that, I'd wager the lineup might be...

-Omega Classic
-Some reflection of what we saw in Ultima Thule (Chi?)
-Omega M+F
-O12S phase 2
-Unguessable mystery final phase like Perfect Alexander or Final King Thordan

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm hoping there's an Omega vs Shinryu phase in there and they surprise us with the next ultimate being Ultimate Four Lords.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

SuperKlaus posted:

Was thinking about this, and why is it? Wouldn't the Firestarter proc be either just launched off right away as a bonus or necessarily spent the next time you reenter AF, so it never has a chance to replace Fire 1 as your timer refresher?

Basically any comparison of how much potency a spell or weaponskill adds to your rotation needs to consider what else you could be using that global recharge time for. For example, Xenoglossy isn't a "free" 800 potency, it adds 800 minus the potency of what you would otherwise be casting instead. BLM in general is kind of a pain to math out, because afaict there's nowhere in game where it tells you exactly how much the % boost for Astral Fire is, but Firestarter gives you an extra spell to cast, while Thundercloud boosts a spell you were going to cast anyway.

edit: It shouldn't "replace" Fire I if you're playing optimally, but it will extend your overall rotation, adding a new spellcast to it. Also, you shouldn't save it to reenter fire phase, since it gets a cast time reduction while Umbral Ice is up anyway. It's best used to either extend your fire timer or after your mana hits 0, right before you go back into ice phase.

Maximum Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 24, 2022

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Cleretic posted:

Apparently they said that it's Omega across its entire journey. Knowing that, I'd wager the lineup might be...

-Omega Classic
-Some reflection of what we saw in Ultima Thule (Chi?)
-Omega M+F
-O12S phase 2
-Unguessable mystery final phase like Perfect Alexander or Final King Thordan

Last phase is Toy Omega and you have to break them in front of Alpha to get your clear

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm hoping there's an Omega vs Shinryu phase in there and they surprise us with the next ultimate being Ultimate Four Lords.

If they didn't do Warring Triad they're probably not doing Four Lords. Especially since they're doing 2 Ultimates an expansion instead of 3.

Although it still might not be "Shinryu" Uptimate, since Shinryu isn't really the MSQ boss. It's Zenos controlling Shinryu so I could see Garlemald/Zenos Ultimate featuring Shinryu and Tsukuyomi.

My guess for Omega Ultimate is if you see original O12S final phase you fail, the goal is to help Omega achieve perfection where in the original Savage it failed to do so.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 24, 2022

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So here I am, grinding CC for the mount before 6.3 hits

So what is the logic behind pursuing someone so hard that you end up at the other team's spawn point

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

MechaX posted:

So here I am, grinding CC for the mount before 6.3 hits

So what is the logic behind pursuing someone so hard that you end up at the other team's spawn point

Gotta get ‘em!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The logic is that 80% of players are mindlessly doing it for the daily bonuses and have the tactical acumen of a cheese wedge

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I think some people will hit the leading team's spawn as a desperation move to try to hedge them in/prevent them from reaching objectives? In general, I think it's "FL is pretty dumb and people make stupid decisions," though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Antivehicular posted:

I think some people will hit the leading team's spawn as a desperation move to try to hedge them in/prevent them from reaching objectives? In general, I think it's "FL is pretty dumb and people make stupid decisions," though.

They're talking about CC, but I think you'll find that people are pretty dumb in PvP in general.

Another reason Rival Wings is good: There's only so stupid you can be.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

It's ridiculous, I love it and it was absolutely worth punching Greg repeatedly until coins shot out.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

YggiDee posted:

The logic is that 80% of players are mindlessly doing it for the daily bonuses and have the tactical acumen of a cheese wedge

It's this, but also a person chased off to the middle of nowhere isn't pushing the point. It's definitely the wrong move like, 99% of the time though.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Dareon posted:

It's ridiculous, I love it and it was absolutely worth punching Greg repeatedly until coins shot out.

The little transition from ground to air and vice versa is really nice. I've always had a soft spot for that mount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Fun fact: the Falcon is one of only two mounts with distinct land, sea and air animations. The other one is Demi-Ozma.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 24, 2022