Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

Thinkin of doing dirt fish rally school in Feb.

gently caress yeah. i've heard good things. i did race lab a few years back when i was first getting into performance rally. o'neil i hear is very good as well but i didn't want to go to the states

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ruby Gloom posted:

pet that cat :powercatte:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
My 70 year old mother has been without power since 10am and I finally convinced her to turn her gas logs on before night hits and she maybe freezes to death. She was scared because of a propane tank accident I had no idea about in her youth. She finally got it and is not going to die, thankfully. Whew. So how’s everyone’s Friday?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Demon Of The Fall posted:

My 70 year old mother has been without power since 10am and I finally convinced her to turn her gas logs on before night hits and she maybe freezes to death. She was scared because of a propane tank accident I had no idea about in her youth. She finally got it and is not going to die, thankfully. Whew. So how’s everyone’s Friday?

pretty good, we went and had breakfast with my mom and then played vampire survivors all day because my girlfriend was informed she has been accruing PTO as a bartender and needs to take it all before January (International Hotel Group is a very shady company imo).

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Skulled some piss at work, took a nap and now am at the piss skullery and kinda not really feeling it. Got one drink when I first got here and haven't even touched it.

Just had some nachos. They were pretty good

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i'm abstaining from piss

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I'm going to a local comedy show a friend is putting on, but I'm arriving a little early so I can sit around and drink beer piss while I read Consider Phlebas. I read somewhere that if you have adhd, it's easier to focus on a book in a bar with a little buzz and so far my personal experimentation has proven that correct

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
OPs I just picked up a bunch of different beers including a big ol Honey Brown can that I'm gonna sip while playin video games, happy friday

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

gently caress yeah. i've heard good things. i did race lab a few years back when i was first getting into performance rally. o'neil i hear is very good as well but i didn't want to go to the states
I'll just happen to be in Seattle. I have no plans to buy a race car but the one day experience seems right up my alley. They don't have a WRX for the day that works for me but rather a BRZ. Tbh I might enjoy the rwd drifts maybe even more.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i'm abstaining from piss
I just finished up a month of sobriety and I'm celebrating with some piss!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

I just finished up a month of sobriety and I'm celebrating with some piss!

get it bro :cheers:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bagmonkey posted:

OPs I just picked up a bunch of different beers including a big ol Honey Brown can that I'm gonna sip while playin video games, happy friday

hell yeah im drinkin some beers and probably gonna play some forza horizon

i really like this TV we bought

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I'm going to a local comedy show a friend is putting on, but I'm arriving a little early so I can sit around and drink beer piss while I read Consider Phlebas. I read somewhere that if you have adhd, it's easier to focus on a book in a bar with a little buzz and so far my personal experimentation has proven that correct

I love live comedy. It's so much more fun (and funny) when you are around a bunch of people and see the comedian and are all laughing together.

I hope you have fun!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I have had much wine and tasty cheese and it's a good Friday here even though it's balls cold out :cheers:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
walked home from the pub. Didn't even touch the rum piss except to move it out of the way when they brought my food out.
The ice melted.

Its cold and windy outside.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Hey thread, last week I had Covid and now today I tried doing my dancing games and im taking a few steps back. Still have a lingering cough and my lungs are back on fire again.

And in other cool news I got employee of the year and a small bonus. Might have to spend that money buying nebulizers for my lungs if Covid hosed me up that badly.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I love live comedy. It's so much more fun (and funny) when you are around a bunch of people and see the comedian and are all laughing together.

I hope you have fun!

That's exactly why I've been coming to these shows. Content on the internet can be funny, but there's an emotional high to sharing it with other people and being able to directly give positive feedback through laughter.

Also someone brought a chicken and has perched it on an island by the pool tables, which I'm gonna take as a good omen.

I hope you're having a great Friday too! Your cat is very cute btw

KitConstantine posted:

I have had much wine and tasty cheese and it's a good Friday here even though it's balls cold out :cheers:

Ooooh dish what kinda cheese???

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

whoa, it's actually getting cold out tonight in FL. it was 80 degrees this afternoon when i went out, and the weather forecast says it will dip down to 33 F overnight. think i'm gonna take a friday evening walk and enjoy it. doesn't get this cold often.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Ooooh dish what kinda cheese???

Not a dish just straight cheese paired with wine and a tasty fancy salami

It was a nutty white semisoft alpine cheese and it was delightful paired both with merlot and a white port-esque fortified wine

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Katamari Democracy posted:

Hey thread, last week I had Covid and now today I tried doing my dancing games and im taking a few steps back. Still have a lingering cough and my lungs are back on fire again.

And in other cool news I got employee of the year and a small bonus. Might have to spend that money buying nebulizers for my lungs if Covid hosed me up that badly.

Goon Luck to your lungs, friend. They are really an important and key part to survival

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gennessee Specialty Honey Brown Lager is a solid acceptable beer. It isn't nearly as good as a Michelob Amber Bock draft but it's a very solid 24 oz can of beer

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Shant drink

Or speculate

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bagmonkey posted:

Michelob Amber Bock

Vastly underrated beer

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Shant drink

Or speculate

It's a good thing if you dont

I'm actually scheduling some time in January to not drink and just vibe

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Drinking
Speculatin
Actin a motherfuckin fool

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Vastly underrated beer

You have to like American Beer™ in order to enjoy Amber Bock but if you enjoy those kinds of beers, Amber Bock is like an S Tier find because it's always at some dive bar that has the worst poo poo on tap otherwise

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bagmonkey posted:

It's a good thing if you dont

I'm actually scheduling some time in January to not drink and just vibe

I'm gonna have to quit smoking pot in mid-February cuz regardless of having a med card or not I have to go do job interviews and drug tests and I'm thinking about quitting drinking that month too

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bad Purchase posted:

whoa, it's actually getting cold out tonight in FL. it was 80 degrees this afternoon when i went out, and the weather forecast says it will dip down to 33 F overnight. think i'm gonna take a friday evening walk and enjoy it. doesn't get this cold often.

I'd usually say "gently caress you" but you're in Florida so I'm pretty sure your suffering is worse than what half the country is going through right now.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bagmonkey posted:

You have to like American Beer™ in order to enjoy Amber Bock but if you enjoy those kinds of beers, Amber Bock is like an S Tier find because it's always at some dive bar that has the worst poo poo on tap otherwise

It’s super uncommon here, hell I’d be happy to find regular Michelob.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd usually say "gently caress you" but you're in Florida so I'm pretty sure your suffering is worse than what half the country is going through right now.

my experience getting cold is made more authentic because i don't own any winter appropriate clothing, so when it's 30 degrees out i'm still walking around in sneakers, jeans, and a short sleeve t-shirt with a hoodie

i just got back from a 30 min walk and my ears and nose are completely numb. it was only 49 F, but i had no gloves or hood/hat and there was a pretty strong breeze coming off the ocean

bought some piss from the gas station on the way back to warm myself

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bad Purchase posted:

so when it's 30 degrees out literally any temperature i'm still walking around in sneakers, jeans, and a short sleeve t-shirt with a hoodie

Welcome to Wisconsin.

My friend was at the grocery store today and saw a dude walking around with shorts and a hoodie (it was below zero). I've seen people snowblowing in shorts. Absolutely insane if you ask me.

If it drops into the low 60s then I put on a jacket. I was born and raised here and I could just never do it.

I remember when I was a child and my mom would wake me up for school, I'd immediately go into the bathroom and sit on the vent that blew out heat. It'd get really hot on my back sometimes but it was worth it. I hate the cold.

Every single day.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think i could do shorts in the cold, i have no problem keeping my body warm. it's just my ears and fingers that i can't keep warm. sometimes even when i go out running in the cold, i'm overheated and sweating, but my ears are still ice cold.

i also get those pressure ear aches (not sure if there's a name for it) when it's in the 40s and below too, which is probably the main thing i'd struggle with living somewhere with a real winter.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Smoked a half gram preroll, vacuuming the house. Friday night

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ hell yeah! I'm about to do a bong load and play some games. If anyone has Aliens: Fireteam, let me know asap.

I think I have Reynauld's syndrome (my mom has it and I have her dainty hands and feet) so my extremities freeze pretty quickly. If my house temp drops to about 67F then my hands start getting cold. A good family friend knitted me these nice gloves that all of my fingers are available. I'm sure there is a name for it but they are lovely.

I wear jeans in 95F weather. I don't remember the last time I wore shorts. A few years at the very least. I just can't find a good reason to wear them. When I hike in the summer I need long pants and shirts because we have the worst tick population in the nation. I'm just used to it I guess. I have no idea when, well, most of my body even saw the sun.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 24, 2022

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I agree! Tonight is a smokin weed night! Probably gonna play COD, maybe dip my toes back into Tarkov, and might finish with some Zero Siever (game of the year).

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
thinking to go to bed so i can wake up and saturday post :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

bagmonkey posted:

Goon Luck to your lungs, friend. They are really an important and key part to survival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9qbtuBtAk8

Its not fun tasting blood when you breathe.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

last post

im gay

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

El Jebus posted:

I agree! Tonight is a smokin weed night! Probably gonna play COD, maybe dip my toes back into Tarkov, and might finish with some Zero Siever (game of the year).

:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

pencilhands posted:

last post

im gay