Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

3D bocchi t-posing into oblivion got me good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm so glad Bocchi the Rock is debuting at a time after my wrist sprain has healed, so I'm just immediately motivated to practice guitar for 3 hours a day again

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
https://twitter.com/ARAGUMA3156/status/1603691402948476928?s=20&t=aQw2a49xhWHG5L5pgxw1rw

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This was a fun episode. They went all out with the visual gags in this one and it rules.

e:

Endorph posted:

Incidentally, Hiroi and her band are based on a real life band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88Kasyo_Junrei

I looked them up and this is sick!

net work error fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 18, 2022

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The sound effects on Bocchi's magic spell were perfection.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I just love these small diversions into other media.

duz fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 18, 2022

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Also, some good faces in this episode

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
So Bocchi's about to play a gig at the school fair where she's going to get a big solo, plus she's using her highly distinctive guitar, plus people are filming it on their phones and probably posting it online ...

I'm guessing her anonymous Youtuber status is about to get flipped

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

duz posted:

Also, some good faces in this episode

For me it's tiny jumping Kita.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Dogs are good

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love how literally everyone is there, including her two adorable fans who just stumbled upon Bocchi one day and got hooked.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The real question is how impactful from 0 to Haruhi Concert is this going to be to the anime community going forward.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Diephoon posted:

Dogs are good

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

The real question is how impactful from 0 to Haruhi Concert is this going to be to the anime community going forward.

I mean, Haruhi was an an actual big shift. That was what scientists call "bazonkers" levels of hype. That said, and given the last performance was getting called moment of the season, I think it would rate a solid 7. Again, God Knows and everything Haruhi was shatteringly huge for an anime moment.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
still laughing that bocchi's parents named their daughters One and Two

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

duz posted:

I just love these small diversions into other media.

I can't think of another anime that's consistently done this sort of thing and I love it every time it comes up.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Amstrad posted:

I can't think of another anime that's consistently done this sort of thing and I love it every time it comes up.

Pop Team Epic does a fair bit of it

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

So do we think there's any significance to Bocchi's dad never having his face visible?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

My guess is he used to be in a semi popular band.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also just noticing now that the sisters have side-ahoges that match their name numbers too

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Brutal Garcon posted:

So do we think there's any significance to Bocchi's dad never having his face visible?

I suspect it's a compromise departure from the usual Kirara prohibition on filthy males appearing in their CGDCT properties.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that is not actually a thing, theres lots of kiraras with guys as side characters and a few with guys as main characters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Malsangoroth posted:

I suspect it's a compromise departure from the usual Kirara prohibition on filthy males appearing in their CGDCT properties.
We literally saw a dude with his face uncovered two episodes ago. Remember Gin.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Remember the beach bros.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

And the main character: guitar man

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Endorph posted:

We literally saw a dude with his face uncovered two episodes ago. Remember Gin.

I couldn't help but notice that the only man with a face was also described as having the heart of a "pure maiden" lol

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Picked this up late. Couldn't help myself with the parallels and interleaved Given for my partner to watch for the first time too. It even hits beats on the same episode sometimes, just wildly different in tone.

Somehow didn't notice the ED change until the third one, which every four episodes would be pretty wild if this wasn't airing parallel to Chainsaw Man's ED madness.

Indiana_Krom posted:

The original reference was to the various gang thugs in Fist of the North Star. But if Mad Max is the more well known post-apocalyptic setting in your region it probably works okay as an alternative.

Fist of the North Star started a bit over a year after the release of The Road Warrior, which came out in Japan at the same time as Aus while delayed elsewhere (I never really looked this up until now, I just know a lot of Australian film did well in Japan). Not to mention Kenshiro has Max's single shoulder pad thing at times. It's kinda both, as a specific flavor of post-apoc. I've always enjoyed the creative through-line from Mad Max through Hokuto and Berserk even into Soulsborne games now. Seems Armored Core is next for that 'walk the barren earth' flavor.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I found a google sheet someone put together with all (or most) of the fanart album cover parodies, the song they parody, and links to both. Pretty neat.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQ6jAroQ5Jci8WJBdUvwa41TLAqBVPn36SPrAngxFHQjWbuKpD7pS1a54SSQwvXAYmn1qaiSCM4TEn2/pubhtml

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

I found a google sheet someone put together with all (or most) of the fanart album cover parodies, the song they parody, and links to both. Pretty neat.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQ6jAroQ5Jci8WJBdUvwa41TLAqBVPn36SPrAngxFHQjWbuKpD7pS1a54SSQwvXAYmn1qaiSCM4TEn2/pubhtml

https://twitter.com/goumonsha/status/1603147106327269376

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Waffle_Drink/status/1593459300584030208?s=20&t=fwzIepgt7Tq45fRAzjN_AA

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Bocchi's culture fest concert should be entirely in Bocchivision, and just be the entirety of Queen's Live Aid set rotoscoped onto the cast. Kita plays piano now, so what.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I watched through everything there is in like two sittings, this show is really special. Incredibly relatable for someone who has that same kind of anxiety and they really don’t shy away from the weird and wild ways your brain lies to you.

Also every single song slaps, I found it all on Apple Music and I can’t stop listening to it, they don’t feel like songs from a tv show it just feels like a really solid rock EP. I’m excited to see if we get one more this week to round it out

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'd say it's likely we get more than one, there's whatever we get in the festival and we still haven't gotten bocchi's character song yet

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I love this show. And I love the inclusion of real shots and the amazing cgi bits.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Any news for a second season?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

such announcements are usually after the last episode, at the earliest.

the team for this is largely the same as dress up darling which already got a s2 announcement so they'd presumably have to make that first

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

doing bisque doll first would also give the manga a bit time to build up more material for them to adapt, idk if theres enough material for a second season yet (i havent read the latest volume)

that said this has been very successful and the manga is ongoing so a second season seems very likely, its more a matter of when

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Scans go up to volume 3 which is in the middle of a story arc so we don't have enough material for a second season yet but should in a year or two

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Scans go up to volume 3 which is in the middle of a story arc so we don't have enough material for a second season yet but should in a year or two

Raws go up to volume 5 and a few chapters of volume 6 are out in a monthly magazine.

I've MTL'd vols 3-5 myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Yeah, there's plenty of content for exactly one more season so if it can do that and an original movie about them going to, I don't know... England? we'd have an ideal run.