Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
He's like a kid who downloads Tweak UI for the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
just needs the server load and memory usage to be really good

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Viginti Septem posted:

He's like a kid who downloads Tweak UI for the first time

Groimes uim tweakin

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

the suicide hotline thing is pretty hosed. like “yeah we’re just working on it so we took it down and it will be back up sometime next week” is not what the head of trust and safety should be saying.

like yeah we removed the hard hats only sign while our intern spruces up the graphics it will be back next week.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

gschmidl posted:

Just imagine Harry Potter as any Ayn Rand character.

oh, so he's slightly more compassionate than in rowling's books

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shame Boy posted:

move to any part of the world that has a high mosquito population and within a few days you will be ready to take out the entire rest of the food chain just to make sure we kill all of those fuckers

thats why ddt became bad as soon as the mosquitos were brought to heel in the US

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Improbable Lobster posted:

lol i didn't know dali had a nazi period

its one weird thing they dont want you to know about

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fart simpson posted:

its one weird thing they dont want you to know about

and yet his greatest known work is the persistence of memory

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

move to any part of the world that has a high mosquito population and within a few days you will be ready to take out the entire rest of the food chain just to make sure we kill all of those fuckers

bedbugs filled the niche

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fart simpson posted:

thats why ddt became bad as soon as the mosquitos were brought to heel in the US

i grew up somewhere that had bad enough mosquitos that to this day there's still sprayer trucks and sprayer helicopters that regularly mist everywhere with actual DDT so i guess that checks out

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

FMguru posted:

meanwhile, at tesla

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1605947630634250242

usually when companies get started and grow, their products get better over time as learning effects kick in and they fine-tune the production process and catch and fix problems. tesla is unusual in that their cars are getting worse the more of them they make

they are still building them outside in a circus tent haunted by the ghosts of murdered clowns, arent they?

remember a decade ago when everyone was :supaburn: about how consumer reports had to change their scale just to account for teslas blowing it away so thoroughly? i remember

i think i should write them a letter and ask if they’re going to apologize to their subscribers for that one

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

consumer reports has always been kinda weird for reliability ratings but either way it’s noted in there that all EVs get terrible reliability ratings

https://twitter.com/damngras/status/1605998380735336449?s=46&t=3L4AHf1kiLfvY6aOsEEMBw

there’s probably the “love the car” people rating 100s bringing it up a few points

quote:

How Are the Surveys Conducted?
Consumer Reports’ Survey Research Department conducts multiple Auto Surveys each year asking about reliability as well as satisfaction. For reliability, we ask members to note any problems with their vehicles that occurred in the previous 12 months. They are asked to identify problems that they considered serious (because of cost, failure, safety, or downtime). We ask them to include problems covered by warranty, but not the ones resulting from accident damage or due solely to recall. Respondents check off problems from a list of trouble areas, ranging from the engine and transmission to climate system, brakes, electrical system, and power accessories. They also tell us in writing (verbatim) specifically what their experiences were to help us understand precisely what problems they are having. (See the full list of trouble spots below.)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

i grew up somewhere that had bad enough mosquitos that to this day there's still sprayer trucks and sprayer helicopters that regularly mist everywhere with actual DDT so i guess that checks out

I don’t know what they use but yeah, they spray for mosquitoes here in the summer to keep West Nile or whatever at bay.

All of a sudden you’ll get a plane coming in like rooftop height spraying stuff like it’s the trench run in Star Wars.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I don’t know what they use but yeah, they spray for mosquitoes here in the summer to keep West Nile or whatever at bay.

All of a sudden you’ll get a plane coming in like rooftop height spraying stuff like it’s the trench run in Star Wars.

malathion i think?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
that's the government mind control spray, the mosquito control is just a bonus

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
pesticides are pretty cool. people having food to eat is pretty neat imo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
oh no

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm still angry about elon musk launching a tesla into space to float around

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

NoneMoreNegative posted:

/extremely Siri voice: Maybe Dr. Online can help you die..?

I understood this reference.

Lol Zeromancer were so silly but so good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

tak posted:

pesticides are pretty cool. people having food to eat is pretty neat imo

food is for idiots i eat mud and sticks

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

wow you still eat? I just photosynthesize it's way easier

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Whole lotta TSLA stans gonna have a long, sober look at their balance sheets in the morning.

Meanwhile, Musk unloads thousands of shares going "It's the ... Err. Uhhh... Ahm. The ... Uhm... Economy"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm still angry about elon musk launching a tesla into space to float around

tbh it's by far the least horrific thing he's done in the past five years

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

And isn't this entire disaster zone because

he decided to try to buy twitter

and then had to buy twitter

and then decide to optimize it to encourage trans teen suicide instead of, idk, making money

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

any idiot can make 40 billion dollars, only a super genius can efficiently make minorities die

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

PIZZA.BAT posted:

remember a decade ago when everyone was :supaburn: about how consumer reports had to change their scale just to account for teslas blowing it away so thoroughly? i remember

i think i should write them a letter and ask if they’re going to apologize to their subscribers for that one

Consumer Reports has become basically completely worthless in the age of YouTube. Their methodology of relying so heavily on consumer sentiment, brand history, and non-exhaustive testing can’t compete with the amount of specialized reviewers online.

What I’m saying is Project Farm should test a Tesla.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

What I’m saying is Project Farm should test a Tesla.

I can already hear it in my head.

"And at the bottom of panel gap test was Tesla, which had an maximum deviation of 4mm on the doors, and 6mm on the trunk and frunk."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EricBauman posted:

hello is this the suicide hotline?
id like one suicide please

Back when I was an undergrad the university's sexual harassment office was in the library building and I sometimes wanted to walk in and say "I'd like some sexual harassment please." I never did because I wasn't that much of an rear end in a top hat and also I was sure someone had already done that so it wouldn't even be original assholery.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

lol i didn't know dali had a nazi period

lol this line in that article:

quote:

In response to this letter, Dali defended —

For his anti-humanitarianism, he blamed sexual perversion.

For his rejection of modern art, he gave an excuse of rejecting modern art pieces excluding surrealism and cubism.

And finally, for his admiration for Hitler, he accepted his fantasy for him but told that his own paintings would not be accepted in Nazi Germany.

Dali’s strange attraction towards Hitler was so well-known that even the FBI suspected that he was a Nazi sympathizer.

"Hmm do we think this guy that painted a picture of Hitler jerking off may be sympathetic to the Nazis :thunk:"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I understood this reference.

Lol Zeromancer were so silly but so good.

lmao I went and listened to it on YouTube for the first time in a decade+ after my post and my charitable thought was well it's good that we keep changing and refining our tastes as we live.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol this line in that article:

"Hmm do we think this guy that painted a picture of Hitler jerking off may be sympathetic to the Nazis :thunk:"

i'm trying to figure out some kinda melting clock/adolph's cock joke but i got nothing

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

i'm trying to figure out some kinda melting clock/adolph's cock joke but i got nothing

ich leibe dick

e: salvador nazi

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

for real though I never knew that about Dali (same for Coco Chanel whoever mentioned that the other day), the Hitler jacking it one is just crazy.

I like picasso and there are some "not great" stories about him but by comparison those are just japes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Dali was a turbo fash

he was the catturd of surrealism

melting clocks were just babylon bee memes to him

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

for real though I never knew that about Dali (same for Coco Chanel whoever mentioned that the other day), the Hitler jacking it one is just crazy.

I like picasso and there are some "not great" stories about him but by comparison those are just japes

me neither, it's nutty

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

okay but you should still evacuate the orbital before the culture destroys it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/status/1606338783070326785?t=MigMJx0HCnXKxQYvMAIvZQ&s=19

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Eeyo posted:

the suicide hotline thing is pretty hosed. like “yeah we’re just working on it so we took it down and it will be back up sometime next week” is not what the head of trust and safety should be saying.

like yeah we removed the hard hats only sign while our intern spruces up the graphics it will be back next week.

it's just temporarily down for the holidays, i mean never mind how many people choose december 25th as the second date on their tombstones

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Musk wouldn't even be a bottom-tier poster on these forums, he'd be run out faster than you can say fishmech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
he'd be Seraph but for TSLA stock