Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Blaze Dragon posted:

You take Raid Ditto on by having the host run a Magikarp. No matter what level they are, that's a win, easy. That's how I got a 6* Ditto before I could even do 5* raids.

You can also just take ditto which will cause transform to fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Blaze Dragon posted:

You take Raid Ditto on by having the host run a Magikarp. No matter what level they are, that's a win, easy. That's how I got a 6* Ditto before I could even do 5* raids.

I completely forgot about that idea. Maybe some day I'll find a den on the map and can host that one. It's the only way I'll get a Ditto in a rando raid.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

big black turnout posted:

You can also just take ditto which will cause transform to fail

Can you transform from a teammate?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Blaze Dragon posted:

me last night, bless the japanese kids online at the time

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Geostomp posted:

At least they aren't as frustrating as the Gen 1 Legendary Birds. Those games didn't have the decency to even let the balls hit them until the very end.

If I remember right, back in the day I actually burned through over fifty ultra balls trying to catch Moltres in Yellow. I actually started screaming in frustration towards the end of it. So yeah Gamefreak has decided to be a wee bit kinder about it now.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A Raid-Ditto will fail on your [Transform-proof Pokemon] and then pick an NPC trainers' if you go Solo, at least.
No idea if you have 4 switches playing if it can only target the host.

Hoppips and Magikarp are both Splashers

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
More Pics: my best scores thus far

The spiciest meat-a-ball:

Double Your Fun™

Port Marinada auction questline suddenly goes hard, btw

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Can you transform from a teammate?

Yup!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

More Pics: my best scores thus far

The spiciest meat-a-ball:

Double Your Fun™

Port Marinada auction questline suddenly goes hard, btw

Oh my loving God the bounty...

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I keep going to auctions to get more stat dropping berries but I can never remember what is what from the name alone so yeah ask me how I have 120 of the attack-dropping berries and 40 grand less in my wallet.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Flopsy posted:

Oh my loving God the bounty...

I know - the Hip Iron was such a good purchase! Raids drop so much more loot now

:pikagun:

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Night Three of the Pokemon Master Trainer board game:

I ended up the Hoenn League champion while my daughter was still en route to Mossdeep City. However, she had a much more impressive team than I did.

Me:

Her:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

I know - the Hip Iron was such a good purchase! Raids drop so much more loot now

How does that work?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There’s some extra story for the main charcters(Nemona, Arven, Penny) in the school in postgame and they’re a really nice touch, especially Penny’s. They invite you to their dorm room at the end

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I ended up the Hoenn League champion while my daughter was still en route to Mossdeep City. However, she had a much more impressive team than I did.

Me:

Her:

I'm afraid 'best team of friends' is the only criterion that actually matters.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Hrist posted:

Saw my first 5* Ditto raid today. The host's Tinkaton got copied through Imposter, and we didn't get to make a single attack before it systematically ran the timer out as quick as possible just killing the whole team over and over. :downs:

I don't have Online so I made a Persian with Shadow Ball, Nasty Plot and Fake Tears to snooze through my ghost Ditto. I wonder if my allies could take out a Magikarp.

The only one I haven't been able to solo was a 6 star Fairy Dragonite. I had to keep Taunt up to prevent it from going +6/+6 and pounding me into the ground, and I couldn't keep that up along with the buff and debuff support to break the shield.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

derra posted:

I don't have Online so I made a Persian with Shadow Ball, Nasty Plot and Fake Tears to snooze through my ghost Ditto. I wonder if my allies could take out a Magikarp.

The only one I haven't been able to solo was a 6 star Fairy Dragonite. I had to keep Taunt up to prevent it from going +6/+6 and pounding me into the ground, and I couldn't keep that up along with the buff and debuff support to break the shield.

Dragonite hits like the fist of an angry God once it gets a single dragon dance in.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mewy Christmas, every one!

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

HootTheOwl posted:

Mewy Christmas, every one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKfhykT0WBc

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thanks deli bird

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Quick, everyone! Attack it so we can steal its Tera Shards!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Me:

Her:

Oh man, I had the gen 1 version of this game back in the day and it was so so so bad lol

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Out of curiosity if you punch up an egg power sandwich with a double herba mystica does that max out its power?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

derra posted:

I've never seen a Ditto at any of the dens, or I would probably try it offline too. But I also don't check many of the dens anyway. But I did find another online tonight. I forget what it turned into, but one person on the team basically did 80% of the bar in one hit, so it worked out this time. :toot:

It has 4 IVs, and it's missing both attacks, but whatever. Good enough to get a decent start whenever I finally figure out what I even want my team to be this gen.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Thank u delibird sorry i killed all your friends

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

They just "disappeared somewhere"

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

They just "disappeared somewhere"

Those sandwich ingredients gotta come from somewhere.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Lux Animus posted:

The what now?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
('iron' is slang for, like a cowboy pistol)

https://twitter.com/andmish/status/1605307490551615488?s=20&t=dx55LW8ezyx4uWxp1xeahg

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So when can you capture the future/past donphan in the desert area? Read online it should be there a day after defeating the titan form of it but not finding it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Avalerion posted:

So when can you capture the future/past donphan in the desert area? Read online it should be there a day after defeating the titan form of it but not finding it.

It should be there after defeating it, not sure how long ingame it would take to spawn. It’s not directly in front of the Herba mystica cave if that’s where you’re looking

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Framboise posted:

Oh man, I had the gen 1 version of this game back in the day and it was so so so bad lol

As a game it’s terrible, but as a family bonding activity it’s been great.

That being said, I am looking forward to finishing all the maps so we can take a break for a while.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Geostomp posted:

At least they aren't as frustrating as the Gen 1 Legendary Birds. Those games didn't have the decency to even let the balls hit them until the very end.

In Gen 1, the amount of shakes per throw for an unsuccessful catch is static, and it's tied to the catch rate - in other words, for the same mon, at the same HP and status, you'll always get the same number of shakes, there's no randomness. The "you missed the Pokemon" result comes when the catch rate is something like below 10%, and it's the generic message for zero shakes - it's NOT a zero percent chance or anything like that. But since the number of shakes is static, if you're getting the miss message and then get even one shake, congrats, you're going to catch it!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Is anyone else actually getting more than 1x shards from these Delibirds?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shneak posted:

yeah from 5*s I get 5x of two-three types and usually 2-3x of one or two more

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Shneak posted:

Are you doing 5 star raids? I think that's where the money is.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

no broccoli please posted:

Are you doing 5 star raids? I think that's where the money is.

Yeah 5 star raids are the best balance for farming mats between payout and chance of actually winning.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

RatHat posted:

It should be there after defeating it, not sure how long ingame it would take to spawn. It’s not directly in front of the Herba mystica cave if that’s where you’re looking

...found it. It's small now that's why I didn't see it before. Still nice to get one of these early. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
raids suck poo poo. Input interruptions are really annoying and you're guaranteed 2 per raid, any scripted action resets the cursor position so if you're trying to spam an attack quickly it can change your input, every animation is 50% too long. I’m just doing stuff I can solo from now on