Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
One can hope there will be new outfits for gold in a year, but I wouldn't bet on anything that didn't cost 500k gold as a goldsink.

I also dislike all of the outfit recolors and most of the penance gear that doesn't have any recolors looks fine.

Another point for DRG where it just cheaply sells you the entire paint job for every single outfit slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I never played VT2 but I really like this DT so this thread makes me want to try it out, but the bundle is $45 even on sale. I know I don't need all of the extra stuff but my broke brain pretty much requires it.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Game needs the thing from DRG where you can exchange crafting mats and credits

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

If you have to have it all and you like DT, you'll almost certainly get $45 out of it. So unless money is particularly tight, I'd say go for it!

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

MuffinsAndPie posted:

Is that sword worth getting? I have no idea on the differences between all of the heavy swords or what the good blessings/perks are for those, but those seem nice. What I really want is that Columnus MK II, but sadly the only thing it has going for it is the 350 raw rating. I've been waiting a while for any braced autogun with crussian roulette, I only have one on an old blue that's in the 200's power ranking area.
Personally I prefer the Mk VII (not the VI, that's another version as if it wasn't confusing enough :v:) over that one, since it's more of an all-rounder while the IX is the crowd-control version and does less single-target damage. But on the other hand the IX is much easier to use since it can chain horizontal heavies, so it's up to personal preference.

Though with all that being said, I think heavy swords kinda need the Headtaker blessing in order to be competitive with other options, since it gives them a whopping 60+% damage boost when fully stacked. Without that they might feel a little weak damage-wise.

Exodee fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 24, 2022

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The Demilich posted:

All the available cosmetics for normal cash are trash recolors. Just pathetic.

This is false, thankfully. I just bought one of the Power Maul skins for Ogryn and it significantly changes the model. Much more mace-like head, the handle takes up much more of the actual weapon. Talking about it with other goons during runs and someone mentioned one of the Flamer skins has some different bits as well, there's probably some others people don't immediately notice. Or have written off looking at because a lot of them are def more on the recolor side.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is it just me or does the game seem more lenient with spawns when solo queueing than when grouped up? I swear there's less specials when I'm playing t3 by myself compared to a full group of 4 people.

I think so.

And I've definitely noticed that, as soon as someone new drops into the game, the AI director responds by spawning in a couple of elites and/or a horde of poxwalkers.

What's the over/under that the Global Condition settings are bugged out? After the last week of extra dogs, I happened to be on the map select screen when the timer counted down to the next Global Condition, and...

Dogs again.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hah if you have the skin for the heavy stubber it shows you wielding a heavy bolter on the outro pose. Ogryn gonna get a bolter machine gun.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Grognan posted:

Hah if you have the skin for the heavy stubber it shows you wielding a heavy bolter on the outro pose. Ogryn gonna get a bolter machine gun.

The victory screen pose is based on the Stance you have equipped in your cosmetics menu, it has nothing to do with the weapon you have equipped. Ogryns pose with a ripper gun in one stance, sadly it is not a heavy bolter.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
then it is not a ripper run in the pose, those all have handles and bayonets as well as shotgun shells.
hmm thought the pose used your gun for some reason

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

This is false, thankfully. I just bought one of the Power Maul skins for Ogryn and it significantly changes the model. Much more mace-like head, the handle takes up much more of the actual weapon. Talking about it with other goons during runs and someone mentioned one of the Flamer skins has some different bits as well, there's probably some others people don't immediately notice. Or have written off looking at because a lot of them are def more on the recolor side.

Yeah, flamer gets a bolted on painted shroud. The skins for the thunder hammer also change up the model.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Grognan posted:

then it is not a ripper run in the pose, those all have handles and bayonets as well as shotgun shells.
hmm thought the pose used your gun for some reason

The gun in the stance:

A Ripper Gun Mk2 when you examine it, I have another angle but I'm pretty sure this makes it clear enough.

It's a ripper gun, sah!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Chillgamesh posted:

Game needs the thing from DRG where you can exchange crafting mats and credits

game needs a lot of things from DRG

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Exodee posted:

Personally I prefer the Mk VII (not the VI, that's another version as if it wasn't confusing enough :v:) over that one, since it's more of an all-rounder while the IX is the crowd-control version and does less single-target damage. But on the other hand the IX is much easier to use since it can chain horizontal heavies, so it's up to personal preference.

Though with all that being said, I think heavy swords kinda need the Headtaker blessing in order to be competitive with other options, since it gives them a whopping 60+% damage boost when fully stacked. Without that they might feel a little weak damage-wise.

I noticed that it's carapace for heavy attacks are just okaaay. I'll hold off and just look for that blessing on the regular shop from now on I suppose. Thanks for the write up

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I coulda sworn I saw something different but I guess that works
they do not have to use all the ost but goddamn I think there is more to come as far as content

Grognan fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 24, 2022

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
I just got this from Melk:

It's pretty great, I just checked the shop before playing a mission.

The problem is I don't feel rewarded by it, it was just a random win from a lottery I didn't even want to participate in. Honestly breaking the direct link between gameplay and loot is such a terrible idea! I could have gotten this by not playing the game for 2 weeks and checking the shop everyday.

This justifies my near complete avoidance of the loot system in the game.

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

It's overshadowed by just about every other ranged weapon in the veteran's arsenal, but man I love playing with the hellbore. It's just so satisfying to line up those charged shots with no sway or recoil. Too bad I keep getting burned by the draw animation.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

kalthir posted:

It's overshadowed by just about every other ranged weapon in the veteran's arsenal, but man I love playing with the hellbore. It's just so satisfying to line up those charged shots with no sway or recoil. Too bad I keep getting burned by the draw animation.

I think the buff helped it a lot honesty, im a big fan now. Great sound design and effects too.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Grimwall posted:

Ultimately, Melk's weapons don't seem to be any better than the stuff you can buy in the normal shop, or a lucky random mission reward.

Case in point, I bought this in the regular hourly shop as a blue, then leveled it up to orange. Works amazingly well for deleting elites.

I've seen a couple of XII lasguns in Melk's shop, but always with significantly lower damage and usually less useful blessings and perks.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Finally got a Crusher with good stats and yeah, this thing is great. Sweeps through mobs with good pacing, charged spam will stunlock heavy mobs, swings fast enough to smash stragglers. Good alternative to my Eviscerator and Axe. Wonder how the Thunder Hammer will feel in comparison once it gets fixed.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I never played VT2 but I really like this DT so this thread makes me want to try it out, but the bundle is $45 even on sale. I know I don't need all of the extra stuff but my broke brain pretty much requires it.
If money is that tight then just get the base game. You'll have 15 classes and a bunch of weapon combos to play with. You won't be able to host games in any of the DLC maps, and you'll miss out on a few weapons for each class that are scattered across DLC, but you'll get 85% of the game. Notably you'll get Chaos Wastes for free, which is the semi-roguelike mode that a lot of people play.

Also, I think I'm right in saying that Fatshark's policy re DLC is reasonably lenient and you'll be able to join matches on DLC maps that you don't own - you just won't be able to host them. But maybe someone else can tell me if I'm mistaken.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Hab Dreyko is a cool and interesting map ruined by the most utterly miserable slog of a mission

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Auspex scanning really isn't bad at all once you learn where most of the props that get scanned are. Also if you have a team where more than one person is doing it. When everyone was new it was the worst feeling objective for sure though. At the finale objective I try to rush to the far corner objective spawns and get those out of the way before the horde shows up. Hab Dreyko also has a long run to the extract though where you can definitely fail if your team was barely squeaking by before.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Arc Light posted:

Ultimately, Melk's weapons don't seem to be any better than the stuff you can buy in the normal shop, or a lucky random mission reward.

Case in point, I bought this in the regular hourly shop as a blue, then leveled it up to orange. Works amazingly well for deleting elites.

I've seen a couple of XII lasguns in Melk's shop, but always with significantly lower damage and usually less useful blessings and perks.

I'm pretty sure the only difference between melk and the regular shop is melk will have oranges.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Kaddish posted:

I'm pretty sure the only difference between melk and the regular shop is melk will have oranges.

And purples, its just another shop where the rarity starts higher than at the base shop, it follows the same rule for base rolling stats.

Definitely wouldn't consider it a form of endgame gearing the same way reds in vt were.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

MuffinsAndPie posted:

I noticed that it's carapace for heavy attacks are just okaaay. I'll hold off and just look for that blessing on the regular shop from now on I suppose. Thanks for the write up
Honestly if that thing showed up in my shop I probably would've bought it out of curiousity, but I have a couple melkbucks to spare :v:

Two high level cleave blessings ought to make anything into a Pox Walker lawnmower, it's just that on a Mk IX that comes with a couple blind spots that you have to compensate for, so if you're hard pressed for currency it's probably better to save for something more reliable.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

You would think an IP based on customizing your little dudes to your own personal specification would get that part down, but its clearly a placeholder like so much else.

I guess I would be less annoying if they just called this an extended early access period.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Grimwall posted:

I just got this from Melk:

It's pretty great, I just checked the shop before playing a mission.

The problem is I don't feel rewarded by it, it was just a random win from a lottery I didn't even want to participate in. Honestly breaking the direct link between gameplay and loot is such a terrible idea! I could have gotten this by not playing the game for 2 weeks and checking the shop everyday.

That's a cool knife. I'm jealous!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Everyone ITT taking xmas pictures:

Hold that pose heretic, show me that ugly grin

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

To add to what others have said as an option. The Starter bundle isn't a bad starting point, gives a lot of bonus levels and weapons. Then you can grab any extra DLC classes later you want after you find which characters you like.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't know why at the end of a mission the experience doesn't go into a bar that fills up and gives you a emperor's gift, making doing higher difficulty missions and secondaries worth it and increased exp on curio's not being a deadstat, how does fatshark not only miss the obvious solutions but solutions they themselves used in previous games.

Instead you randomly get 20 emperor's gifts per week (accountwide, play your low level and get 20 gifts you outlevel? nothing will drop for your main)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Yeah it's pretty great earning a bunch of exp at the end of a level that doesn't help me in any way lol

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Fun thing we just discovered via testing: the Crucian Roulette blessing (+% Crit Chance for each empty chamber) is active even when the weapon is stored, meaning it increases your Melee Crit Chance too. Carry around an empty Autogun to boost your crit rate to 100% today!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kith posted:

Fun thing we just discovered via testing: the Crucian Roulette blessing (+% Crit Chance for each empty chamber) is active even when the weapon is stored, meaning it increases your Melee Crit Chance too. Carry around an empty Autogun to boost your crit rate to 100% today!

That explains why blessings on melee weapons also increase brainburst damage.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Kith posted:

are you loving kidding me

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Holy poo poo

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

S.J. posted:

are you loving kidding me

Not even a little! Try it out in the meat grinder.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Kith posted:

Not even a little! Try it out in the meat grinder.

I am desperate to know if this is a bug or not

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Kith posted:

Lol, that blessing is insane to begin with, considering how many blessings are like +2-5% power/Crit chance max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Tried a 4x21% crit chance headhunter blessing, was very noticeable that it crit more often.

% power increases on melee weapons can increase brainburst damage too, one of the few things that can scale it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 24, 2022