Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Also I have no desire to own a car that confuses TruckNutzz for traffic cones and can't drive as a result...

(might have to look closely)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

pablo gbscobar posted:

Couple pages back but I'm curious what specific law is being broken here?

online safety bill, currently being rushed through because the UK government likes money. You can see here the many many ways musk is hosed, they even did videos for the right wing base: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/a-guide...2waArIfEALw_wcB

Lot of MPs stood up and screamed "think of the children!" after the child bullying/suicide statistics came out, but it's really because MPs don't like being told to go gently caress themselves by randoms on the internet. We also have incredibly draconian polices of getting ISPs to block not only websites but any workaround to getting on those websites and that can happen in half an hour if it goes on the big list of pirate bay proxies and links to foreign newspaper articles about MPs with a UK gag order on them.

NoSlacking
Dec 23, 2022

Crazy Ted posted:

Also I have no desire to own a car that confuses TruckNutzz for traffic cones and can't drive as a result...

(might have to look closely)

What is the purpose of a truck nutsack? Do you store de-icer in the balls?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It tells everyone behind you that your stance is wide and your sack is heavy.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

learnincurve posted:

online safety bill, currently being rushed through because the UK government likes money. You can see here the many many ways musk is hosed, they even did videos for the right wing base: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/a-guide...2waArIfEALw_wcB

Lot of MPs stood up and screamed "think of the children!" after the child bullying/suicide statistics came out, but it's really because MPs don't like being told to go gently caress themselves by randoms on the internet. We also have incredibly draconian polices of getting ISPs to block not only websites but any workaround to getting on those websites and that can happen in half an hour if it goes on the big list of pirate bay proxies and links to foreign newspaper articles about MPs with a UK gag order on them.

Am I not allowed to call Jacob Rees Mogg a oval office on the internet anymore??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think they would have to prove it wasn't an objective description.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ilmucche posted:

Am I not allowed to call Jacob Rees Mogg a oval office on the internet anymore??

Only on here, Something Awful, the last bastion of free speech.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I've heard people sometimes complain that they don't let users use the C-word here anymore. What we didn't realize is that it was simply because we weren't talking about Rees-Mogg.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

NoSlacking posted:

What is the purpose of a truck nutsack? Do you store de-icer in the balls?

It is a way for the driver to tell everyone that the truck is a replacement for their penis

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

ilmucche posted:

I mean that’s just stating facts

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jacob Rees Mogg is a oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Erik Victory
Jan 26, 2013

git apologist posted:

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Please don't take Ups_rail at face value, people. He makes funny posts while pretending to be serious.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

🤣🤣🤣

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

erosion posted:

Please don't take Ups_rail at face value, people. He makes funny posts while pretending to be serious.

Concerning.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought he was just a JRM.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

tight aspirations posted:

Ah, so applying lootbox principles to automotive sales?

Capitalist ~*innovation*~

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Strategic Tea posted:

🤣🤣🤣

interesting

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

learnincurve posted:

Only on here, Something Awful, the last bastion of free speech.

Post ur christmas dogs, and possibly christmas snake!!

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

goatface posted:

It tells everyone behind you that your stance is wide and your sack is heavy.

“His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His sack was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.”

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

erosion posted:

aww your sweet.

I think Ive said it before. I work in a lovely law office, with conservative. I just learned one of them is a tim pool fan. I get wound up at work I have trouble sleeping and I like coming on to the forums to blow off steam.

But CS is correct posting while tired but unable to sleep combined with my "learning disability" means the posts arent very good.

Also you re guys replies make me laught. Merry christmas you wonderful goony goons.

lol I was just thinking the way people carry on about buying tesla's. Its like Elon isnt a tesla...so the tesla isnt bad.

gently caress I remember when GM was making the volt some goon here made a good joke that GM shoulda called it the "edison" and send their engineers over to tesla to wreck their poo poo.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

tak posted:

hmm I have no idea if he's a bad guy

https://twitter.com/jasonleopold/status/1606414467361050624

there's just no way to tell, really

Just realized, the service must have activated on Musk himself, leading to his awareness of it and shutting it down.

His lowtax arc is coming to a close.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ups_rail posted:

aww your sweet.

I think Ive said it before. I work in a lovely law office, with conservative. I just learned one of them is a tim pool fan. I get wound up at work I have trouble sleeping and I like coming on to the forums to blow off steam.

But CS is correct posting while tired but unable to sleep combined with my "learning disability" means the posts arent very good.

Also you re guys replies make me laught. Merry christmas you wonderful goony goons.

lol I was just thinking the way people carry on about buying tesla's. Its like Elon isnt a tesla...so the tesla isnt bad.

gently caress I remember when GM was making the volt some goon here made a good joke that GM shoulda called it the "edison" and send their engineers over to tesla to wreck their poo poo.

Hey can you shut up?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

git apologist posted:

"Rees Mogg" sounds like a late medieval term for an obscure and unidentified venereal disease. Or maybe an intestinal condition that only sailors got. "One of the less-appreciated reasons for the failure of English sea power in the Hundred Years War was the recurrent appearance of reesmogg among Henry VI's sailors."

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 24, 2022

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

"Rees Mogg" sounds like a late medieval term for an obscure and unidentified venereal disease. Or maybe an intestinal condition that only sailors got.

That’s a strangely accurate description of the time period he thinks he lives in

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What do you think Elon is getting his kids for Christmas?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

"Rees Mogg" sounds like a late medieval term for an obscure and unidentified venereal disease. Or maybe an intestinal condition that only sailors got.

“Ah got a case of the Reese moggs fierce m’lord i fear ah’m gonna cark it reet soon!”

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What do you think Elon is getting his kids for Christmas?

The gift of his own absence

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

steinrokkan posted:

The gift of his own absence

The best things in life are free.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Remember when Elmo said that he was okay with posting his assassination coordinates if they were delayed?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
What the gently caress awful season of The Simpsons is that electric car clip from. That's loving terrible.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

geonetix posted:

That’s a strangely accurate description of the time period he thinks he lives in

He's the one who dresses like he's Member of Parliament for the Year 1877, right?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Ups_rail posted:

aww your sweet.

Imagine reading this particular thread about this particular topic and watching it unfold, and then reacting to criticism of your words by adopting the strategy of Posting Through It™.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Putting thunderf00t as an bastion of good YouTube well reasoned essays

Either stupid enough to be ignored or an obvious troll

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ilmucche posted:

Post ur christmas dogs, and possibly christmas snake!!

My sneks + tiny Santa hats are going to get me viciously attacked by a 5 inch hatchling, luckily these pictures exist...

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ups_rail posted:

Hey man, sorry
Let me make a effort to be short clear and concise.

1) Elon musk is bad man. Thunderf00t and common sense sceptic have hours of videos explaining Elons Lies.

1.5) Elon musk ≠ telsa. pointing out the "good" telsa has done in the EV space (which is really the work of the people elon hired) is not defending him.

2.) applying morality to consumption ether of goods or media doesnt work because all consumption is immoral.

3) When making a purchase decision, should the morality of the people involved with the product be a factor?

example I will not buy jewelry because of blood diamonds. it isnt moral. So me not buying my wife jewerly was not me being cheap it was me being moral!

Telling someone not to buy a car outside of the merits of the car and their use case, but on the merits of the companies CEO/Jack rear end seems weird. Unless you wanna go down the road of moral frameworks and consumption, which again just leads to all consumption is bad.

As for my tweaker friend. I m honestly impressed anything got him to move to a more greenway of thinking. But I can see how my point gets lost.

...The "Cultural Marxism is a cancer" Thunderf00t? "Common sense skeptics"?

Uh, I don't think I need "classical liberal" right wing fascist assholes to tell me Elon Musk sucks thanks

Dude what the gently caress is this post

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Hahaha the red trucknuts reminded me back in the day my dad was driving a red Toyota Yaris, so one Christmas we gifted him a pair of bright red truck nuts. He drove around everywhere shamelessly with these nuts hanging off his car, including his church.

His boss got increasingly irritated over the course of a month, and finally called dad into his office. This is a doctors office, the boss guy is like a political, careerist type doc.

"What is THAT hanging on your car?" (car and nuts are visible from his window)
"A ballsack."
"Why would you put that on your car?"
"My kids put it on there, I thought it was cute."

So the Yaris got neutered.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

learnincurve posted:

My sneks + tiny Santa hats are going to get me viciously attacked by a 5 inch hatchling, luckily these pictures exist...

Excellent dogs!!

kru
Oct 5, 2003

He's the one who dresses like he's Member of Parliament for the Year 1877, right?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Ups_rail posted:

1.5) Elon musk ≠ telsa.

Apparently the stock market doesn't agree with you on that