Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQdlCQmzUAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I honestly kinda like the "paint" scheme. Looks like a geometric mosaic.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What is not badass is that I couldn't find the interesting information on Lego's pitiful site and had to look for it still an amazing project

7of7
Jul 1, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU_pilTk624

Man it's cool to know how many government forces are out there making sure I don't drown.

7of7 has a new favorite as of 05:31 on Nov 26, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I just found out about this and I think it belongs here. It isn't enough to fall out of the sky from 2 miles up and survive, but then she hiked 9 days out of the Amazon with multiple injuries including a maggot infested would on her arm.

Oh yeah, and after she recovered she went back into the jungle to help located some of the victims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliane_Koepcke

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rm2mg216Vg1r0uzl6.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/8OM8wuA.mp4

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What a tease, they never even kiss

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
So it was... bear baiting ? :dadjoke:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

dehumanize yourself and face to blood elk

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Jeeze these Death Metal Band names are getting ridiculous

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Traditional European Christmas time monsters, photographed across Europe by Charles Fréger.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

ekuNNN posted:

Traditional European Christmas time monsters, photographed across Europe by Charles Fréger.

That last one is just a Rammstein music video.
:nws: got boobs. https://youtu.be/eciZWNdkGqs

Had no idea it was a real thing

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

ekuNNN posted:

I too have had nightmares about being attacked by the throw rug on my grandmother's sofa.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

that's a mari lwyd so it probably literally is yer nan's auld blanket.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

that's a mari lwyd so it probably literally is yer nan's auld blanket.

No it's not.
Mari Lwyd is a Welsh hobby horse made using a horses skull, that's not a skull and also not a horse.
Fréger's photos are great but afaik none are taken in the UK.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I had assumed they were just gluing extra horns onto things to make them look more impressive or it was simply a modern version and they didn't have any horse skulls handy.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Here's a UK monster for you:

This is Eric the Dragon - mascot of my dad's Morris side. He lived in a small wooden box, which I was terrified of, and he could only drink beer. It was hot under there with all the dancing, so he had to drink a LOT of beer and was often quite a wobbly dragon.

And as a debatable thread appropriate bonus here's my da, sometime in the seventies, trying to look as badass as a man with one stocking and a pig bladder on a stick can manage.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

deong posted:

That last one is just a Rammstein music video.
:nws: got boobs. https://youtu.be/eciZWNdkGqs

Had no idea it was a real thing

Does anyone know what they're called? Because I've never seen them before.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

marshmallow creep posted:

Breasts

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

lmao i have been owned

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

marshmallow creep posted:

Till Lindemann's website says they're Kukeri .

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

bang ! dead

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

You would know!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/brianroemmele/status/1607858559240503296?s=46&t=qLFNYXCX4XYpbVXNzUkImw

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

She parrys the gently caress out of that chair.

Waffle House is the dark souls of restaurants

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah but like if all the floors in dark souls were coated with grease

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

First thing they teach you when you get promoted to shift supervisor: don't parry until the chair starts to come forward.

The greasy floors are represented in :darksouls: by the poison swamps.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
As a non-American, the Waffle House thing confuses me. Why are fights in WH so common ? Is it really just a "more poor people eat here than at other establishments" thing ? Or are WH fights just over represented online because of memes ?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lady Disdain posted:

As a non-American, the Waffle House thing confuses me. Why are fights in WH so common ? Is it really just a "more poor people eat here than at other establishments" thing ? Or are WH fights just over represented online because of memes ?

No, it's because they're open 24/7 and it's a common destination after the bars close. So they get a LOT of drunks in there and some can be quite belligerent.

Combine that with grave yard shift employees who are in no way willing to put up with anyone's poo poo, and you get that video happening. The cooks tend to be the scrappiest in WH throw downs.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Okay, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I saw it quipped recently that “a healthy WH staff could take on the Avengers”. Possibly on this very site but I’ve no motivation to verify.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Proteus Jones posted:

No, it's because they're open 24/7 and it's a common destination after the bars close. So they get a LOT of drunks in there and some can be quite belligerent.

Combine that with grave yard shift employees who are in no way willing to put up with anyone's poo poo, and you get that video happening. The cooks tend to be the scrappiest in WH throw downs.

Its this. Look at the windows in waffle house fight vids, you'll never see sunlight outside.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I have never seen anything violent at a Waffle House. Just friendly low-income southern people serving delicious greasepit food. This is because I’ve rarely gone after last call

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, during the day they're perfectly pleasant little greasy spoons, but dont go there after bar close

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I have seen two independent cases of waffle houses getting so dirty that they just tore them down and rebuilt them in the same spot or two lots over

that being said yes they are good. there have been some tense situations late at night, and even an all out brawl, but hey, we just kinda slunk out without paying before the cops showed up so it was a free meal

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Can we take a moment to appreciate the accuracy of the chair thrower in the Waffle House video? I could never throw a metal chair 15 feet indoors and come close to hitting my target.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I saw it quipped recently that “a healthy WH staff could take on the Avengers”. Possibly on this very site but I’ve no motivation to verify.

Healthy wh staff lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Can we take a moment to appreciate the accuracy of the chair thrower in the Waffle House video? I could never throw a metal chair 15 feet indoors and come close to hitting my target.

I'd still rather appreciate the lady who no-sold getting hit by a chair thrown across the room.

...or these guys in the background:
https://i.imgur.com/HcqORAn.mp4