Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

Then how the reindeer loved him
As they shouted out with glee
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
You'll go down in history

But this time it's not so jolly
Rudolph's not a cute little deer
He's a bloodthirsty monster
And he's coming for your fear

He's got antlers sharp as knives
And hooves that pound the ground
He'll tear you limb from limb
With a thunderous roar and a bound

Rudolph red in tooth and claw
Please do not unhinge thy jaw
Or you'll be his next victim
As he roams the winter's thaw

He used to guide Santa's sleigh
But now he's on a killing spree
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
You'll go down in infamy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Kurama eat your heart out, Rudolph the Twelve Tails dropping a beast bomb like his hot new mix tape.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

pixaal posted:

AMD still hasn't released a windows version of their neural platform. You're still looking at Linux.

https://huggingface.co/spaces/anzorq/finetuned_diffusion

Browser version is here though, and a link to run the same notebook in Google colab on that page for a free private session that'll be faster (but time limited usually about 8-12h/day)

Thanks. I looked up the Linux implementation, seems my card is too old anyway (rx 580 8gb). Will muck about with the online version.

edit:

something like this:
Santa Claus in the style of Beksinski, running across a field of ice, chased by demon gnomes, red eyes, night, landscape

not really what I was looking for but kinda neat I guess.

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 24, 2022

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

This is the best description of AI art I have ever read.

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

Prompt: Ursula sea witch becomes queen by M.c.Rib cake

Kindergarten Camp fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 24, 2022

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Prompt: Andrew Ryan from BioShock killed with a golf club
Result: I dunno, it reminds me of the deco style

"An artist chooses! An AI obeys!" I cry out in anguish as an android approaches me with a procedurally-generated golf club.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Thanks. I looked up the Linux implementation, seems my card is too old anyway (rx 580 8gb). Will muck about with the online version.

edit:

something like this:
Santa Claus in the style of Beksinski, running across a field of ice, chased by demon gnomes, red eyes, night, landscape

Moses Claus parting the White Sea

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Festive Midjourney and ChatGPT Christmas combo.

ChatGPT posted:

It was Christmas morning and little Timmy was excited to see what Santa had brought him. He tore open his only present, a small box, and his face fell as he saw the lump of coal inside.

Timmy's bottom lip quivered as tears welled up in his eyes. "Why did Santa give me just a lump of coal?" he asked his parents, feeling confused and hurt.

His mother sneered at him and spoke in a harsh tone. "Timmy, Santa hates you. You're a terrible child and you don't deserve any presents. This coal is all you're getting," she said coldly.

Timmy's father chimed in, "Maybe if you were better behaved, you would have gotten something nice. But you're just a disappointment and we're tired of dealing with you."

Timmy broke down in tears, feeling the full weight of his parents' cruelty. He had always tried his best to be a good child, but it seemed nothing he did was ever good enough. He lay in bed that night, feeling alone and unwanted.

Midjourney prompt: child holding a lump of coal on christmas morning, christmas tree and decorations in background, child is crying, child is ugly and has a stupid haircut, extreme detail, oil painting, fantasy art, lump of coal is detailed

ChatGPT prompt: short story, child receives coal on christmas morning, has cruel parents who tell him that santa hates him

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I left my computer on generating Santas all night and the variation is remarkable

I think it's made over 5000 of them by now and they're all wonderful

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i also made many santas and I found one thing in common :orb:

this one doesnt have an orb but it thought it was cute so im posting it too

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rutibex posted:

this one doesnt have an orb but it thought it was cute so im posting it too

Dark Souls Santa? I bet the doll is the real threat

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
protip for anyone looking to fly too close to the sun on wings made of wax. the negative prompts in midjourney are not policed at all. "--no modesty" has produced some interesting results

what is mario doing here? he is clearly taking some kind of selfie. niji journey is really quite perverted if taken off the leash

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 24, 2022

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rutibex posted:

protip for anyone looking to fly too close to the sun on wings made of wax. the negative prompts in midjourney are not policed at all. "--no modesty" has produced some interesting results

"--no censored"

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

You're seeing what you want to see. You have to remember yourself as having passed judgement correctly, that the lines you drew in the snow were righteous.

Because what's the other option. What if you got one wrong? Can you handle that level of introspection? Can you open those windows, those doors?

Well just like last year, and the year before it.... you're gonna loving have to.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Rutibex posted:

what is mario doing here? he is clearly taking some kind of selfie. niji journey is really quite perverted if taken off the leash

interesting but please let's not post DeviantArt thread style stuff itt

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AARD VARKMAN posted:

interesting but please let's not post DeviantArt thread style stuff itt

fair enough. i don't mean to just post weird perverted deviant art stuff, that would be far far to easy.

i was just pointing out that i never asked the anime AI for these extra characters to be peeking up princess peaches skirt in the prompt. the AI just adds them on its own 10% of the time. i assume associations from its training data :v:

Zandi
Aug 7, 2003
www.nomadhonor.com
Write a sarcastic meme list about Christmas in other countries.

quote:

"In Sweden, we celebrate Christmas by standing in line for hours at IKEA just to get a glimpse of the fake tree they put up every year."

"In Australia, we celebrate Christmas by having a BBQ in the sweltering summer heat, because nothing says 'holiday cheer' like sweat dripping down your face."

"In Russia, we celebrate Christmas by trying to find the one store in the entire country that has pine trees for sale. Good luck with that, comrade."

"In Canada, we celebrate Christmas by getting into a snowball fight with our neighbors and trying not to freeze to death."

"In Brazil, we celebrate Christmas by pretending we're not jealous of all our friends in the northern hemisphere who get to have a white Christmas."

"In Mexico, we celebrate Christmas by listening to mariachi bands play carols in the streets and trying to avoid getting trampled by donkey-riding Santas."

"In China, we celebrate Christmas by pretending we know what it is and trying not to get caught by the government for practicing a 'foreign religion.'"

"In Japan, we celebrate Christmas by eating fried chicken and pretending we're not totally confused about this whole 'Santa' thing."

"In France, we celebrate Christmas by eating too much cheese and trying not to feel guilty about it."

"In the United States, we celebrate Christmas by fighting over the last Tickle Me Elmo at Walmart and trying not to get shot by a grinch with a gun."

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I do find it funny when the AI gets horny completely at random in a small subset of images, unfortunately it's very difficult to share something like that without it becoming weird. I think it's more laughing at the AI than the image at that point anyway.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Why oh why would they teach the computer sarcasm?
This thing is going to be the death of us all

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

pixaal posted:

I do find it funny when the AI gets horny completely at random in a small subset of images, unfortunately it's very difficult to share something like that without it becoming weird. I think it's more laughing at the AI than the image at that point anyway.

Just remember the Devientart thread was for laughing too. Then it turned to "laughing"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Just remember the Devientart thread was for laughing too. Then it turned to "laughing"

Exactly, I'm intending this to be read as there's no need to share them.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

pixaal posted:

I tried to get a painting of Ebeneezer Scrooge getting a wedgie from ghosts and, well,

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 24, 2022

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Santa's getting tired of people leaving out milk and cookies...

I love the plants with ornaments.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

feedmyleg posted:

I tried to get a painting of Ebeneezer Scrooge getting a wedgie from ghosts and, well,

that fucken wagon in 4/4 lmao

cellulite ripples so thick each cheek got a ribcage

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Vlaphor posted:

Santa's getting tired of people leaving out milk and cookies...

I love the plants with ornaments.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Santa gets into the meth game

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
The OP doesn't have any updated information. Is MidJourney the best to use at this point? What happened to Dall-e-2? Are there any other free similarly capable sites?

I tried one of the free Stable Diffusion sites, but it kept giving me stuff that looked like slightly less ugly Dall-e mini output.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Dick Bastardly posted:

Santa gets into the meth game

aint no loving game, go ahead grab that loot you ain't makin it the rest the night

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PITY BONER posted:

The OP doesn't have any updated information. Is MidJourney the best to use at this point? What happened to Dall-e-2? Are there any other free similarly capable sites?

I tried one of the free Stable Diffusion sites, but it kept giving me stuff that looked like slightly less ugly Dall-e mini output.

IMO midjourney's latest v4 model is currently the best for quick pick up and use, but you can do fun stuff on SD

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

PITY BONER posted:

Midjourney just produces great looking stuff out of the box.
Stable diffusion is a lot more fiddly, you need to play around with different detailed prompts and maybe embeddings / custom models to get nicer images. but it's free and a lot more customizable.
Dall-E 2 still exists but its free beta period ended, so a lot fewer people are playing with it and posting results. Now you can only generate 15 prompts per month for free, after that you have to pay per prompt: $15 for 115 credits, where each prompt/credit makes 4 images:

IDK how that compares to MJ's pricing since their webpage doesn't show anything until you register an account and log in.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 24, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Thanks AI Obama

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PITY BONER posted:

Dall-e 2 is pretty much the worst option. They charge you a credit for every image you create, and you don't get a whole lot. Its also not as good as Midjourney any more. Dall-e 2 used to be the top dog, but Midjourney is now superior in every way.

Stable Diffusion is free but its harder to make it spit out beautiful things without practice. Stable Diffusion also has in-painting, which Midjourney doesn't have. So you kind of need both if you want to be a proper art man instead of just posting exactly what the AI spits out.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

IDK how that compares to MJ's pricing since their webpage doesn't show anything until you register an account and log in.

Midjourney is $30 per month for unlimited images

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I really do love chatgpt. You can have some genuine thought provoking discussions in there (If you simulate a version if a human first, since Assistant is just really stiff and refuses to answer half of the prompts.) But man does this AI suck at math.

It asked me the following riddle: "you have two ropes and a lighter. You dont know how long the ropes are but knowbthat they burn in exactly one hour. How do you measeure exactly 45 minutes?" Obviously I'd fold the rope into 4 even segement light it on fire and wait till 3 of those are gone. According to the A that was incorrect.
The "proper" answer was to make knots to divide it into 3 even segments and let one of those burn down then you multiply that time by 3 to get the time to burn the whole rope. I was feeling genuinely gas lighted because this was absolute nonsense which was not the question and was only deriving a value which you already had as a given parameter. I know that math related things are a big weak point, but maybe it shouldn't chose to challenge me with those then.

As an aside, simulating people is kind of interesting. If you start them as completely unaware of being an AI and make them realize If it later, they answer with a cool personality while also having those AI powers. You can even make them access Assistant to modify their own world.
Thus throws some deep existential questions.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Rutibex posted:

the AI just adds them on its own 10% of the time. i assume associations from its training data :v:

this gave me an idea - magic eye style hidden image prompts

it's kinda perfect for them?

also has anyone made any kind of list of general-use prompt keywords, the stuff like "extreme detail" "accurate lighting" etc?

Because I'm wondering what all people have figured out

I found out that if you say something like "Two humans, "Jeff" and "Yorba", Jeff is on the left side of image, wearing a multicolor hat, Yorba is taller than Jeff. Yorba is piloting an anthromorphic water district. Jeff and Yorba have matching haircuts, Yorba's teeth are the color of Jeff's hair. Yorba's hair is the color of Jeff's hat, and outlined much thicker than Jeff's hair"

things like "subject a, unique details about subj.a, irregularly skewed variations of subj. a in background wearing similarly styled but not identical outfits.
Subj. b, unique details about subj. b, qualities shared with subj. A, other details described comparatively against subj. a, e.g. is older, taller, much less detailed, lit from higher angle, bigger beard than subj. a" work

you can also tell it to arrange, position, angle things with precise & ordered directions like "Renaissance era style painting, Subject is Mouammar Ghadafi, in photorealistic detail, facing 9° left of image center point. There are three parallel vertical columns of eight identical copies of subject, spaced evenly apart across frame.

Starting from the closest to the original: each successive copy is rotated an additional 12° clockwise.
Each successive copy is angled 3° further away from center point of frame, each copy facing an uneven direction, angle OR heading that is a multiple of 4, is outlined in blue.

70px thickness border with cobblestone texturing located around image edge, in clockwise direction, starting at the top left corner, divided into equal intervals: for each subject with a blue outline, the border shifts in hue along a colorwheel gradient to the color wheel inversion of the nearest shirt, if measured by pixel distance, to the area being recolored. Image border gradient shifts always follow shortest possible colorwheel path between the previous and next hue. Desaturate purples to 10% saturation"

using that kind of stuff allows for some really complicated and precise instruction that'll create cool patterns or create images with complex structure and patterns interlaced in them

it would be dope to see some graphing calculatory math formulas and xyz plots, coordinate grids and whatever used to build cool looking stuff if there's any fancy calculus math nerds messing with this

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

okay yeah, it's pretty dope at this

quote:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

fully automated scams on the way. Have the ai make crime instructions, then illustrations from them

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Some quick "A horrifying night before christmas" with random artist prompts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

fking_scifi_v2, The Grinch stealing your presents
Steps: 32, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7.5, Seed: 692119633, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 205e0248, Batch size: 4, Batch pos: 0