Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the ad situation on the app is getting out of control, every other post on my feed is for top gun and if i jump to the top there's always an ad there (it's top gun)

being this aggressive and repetitive with ads just incentivizes users to block ad accounts even more, until elon decrees that ads should bypass blocking at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jestery posted:

Putting thunderf00t as an bastion of good YouTube well reasoned essays

Either stupid enough to be ignored or an obvious troll

What wrong with thunderf00t? I m always seeing his "busted" videos and hes really fixated on musk, like you d think musk impregnauted his sister.

look

So his thunderf00t wrong? Granted i m not subscribed to his channel but I ve watch his take downs of hyperloop and elons mars stuff along with commonsense sceptic.

See this is what I mean by viewing media consumption as a sign of morality. If I said I liked Wanger or Kanye would you call me a nazi?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ups_rail posted:

What wrong with thunderf00t? I m always seeing his "busted" videos and hes really fixated on musk, like you d think musk impregnauted his sister.

look

So his thunderf00t wrong? Granted i m not subscribed to his channel but I ve watch his take downs of hyperloop and elons mars stuff along with commonsense sceptic.

See this is what I mean by viewing media consumption as a sign of morality. If I said I liked Wanger or Kanye would you call me a nazi?
He used to make dumb vidios about culture wars and gamergates but yeah as far as I can tell he shut up about that eventually.

Still not a huge fan of his debunking videos, they seem to be not well put together but at least mostly technically correct.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

thunderf00t went through a phase of churning out anti-feminist/anti-SJW content and getting really mad about anita sarkeesian

he's stopped now, but i don't know if that's because he grew up or because engagement with that kind of content fell off

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ilmucche posted:

Post ur christmas dogs, and possibly christmas snake!!

If I must:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

I'm the snorlax ornament

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Post ur christmas dogs, and possibly christmas snake!!

:woof:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ilmucche posted:

I'm the snorlax ornament

There’s a weedle, dratini, slowpoke, Tangela and lickitung in there too somewhere.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Isn't the truck nuts thing an achewood joke that somehow got co-opted by someone who didn't realise it was farcical?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No, Achewood was riffing on truck nuts with 'phone nuts'

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

learnincurve posted:

My sneks + tiny Santa hats are going to get me viciously attacked by a 5 inch hatchling, luckily these pictures exist...

very goode

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Atlas Hugged posted:

What the gently caress awful season of The Simpsons is that electric car clip from. That's loving terrible.

I understand it was making fun of disinformation & lobbyism and rampant homophobia of its time. But other people may interpret it as "e-cars = bad and gay lol" which is the problem with this kind of joke.
e: not meant as a slight against you, humor is very subjective! You also may have missed the "sponsored by gasoline" part in the beginning.

Grab Im Moor fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 24, 2022

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Y'all have the best dogs. You made my morning thanks.

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

Ups_rail posted:

Wagner is long dead so if you said you liked his music? No, not really.

If you said you enjoyed Wagner's written works then yes.

If you said today to me that you like Kanye then also yes because you would have to be an idiot to not see that there's context to that statement.

Just like saying that you appreciate Tesla in a thread about Elon and Teslas catching on fire - there might be some context you're intentionally ignoring.

Edwardly fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Dec 24, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kingo Ligma posted:

Well that's ruined a bunch of my favourite shows

I understand where you're coming from, and it was a huge bummer for me as well considering Father Ted, Black Books and The IT Crowd are among my favourite shows of all time. Here's how I reconciled it: even though it's Graham Linehan's name at the front, he didn't make those shows alone. They were a collaboration between a lot of talented people, most of whom are better people than him.

gently caress Graham Linehan and his awful opinions and actions, but the rest of those people can't help it that he's a fuckwit.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

repiv posted:

thunderf00t went through a phase of churning out anti-feminist/anti-SJW content and getting really mad about anita sarkeesian

he's stopped now, but i don't know if that's because he grew up or because engagement with that kind of content fell off

This is the dumb capitalist thread, it is almost certainly the latter.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What do you think Elon is getting his kids for Christmas?

Siblings.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

repiv posted:

the ad situation on the app is getting out of control, every other post on my feed is for top gun and if i jump to the top there's always an ad there (it's top gun)

being this aggressive and repetitive with ads just incentivizes users to block ad accounts even more, until elon decrees that ads should bypass blocking at least

https://twitter.com/BoneJail/status/1606504639070965761

you could always try this and see if it works lol

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I understand where you're coming from, and it was a huge bummer for me as well considering Father Ted, Black Books and The IT Crowd are among my favourite shows of all time. Here's how I reconciled it: even though it's Graham Linehan's name at the front, he didn't make those shows alone. They were a collaboration between a lot of talented people, most of whom are better people than him.

gently caress Graham Linehan and his awful opinions and actions, but the rest of those people can't help it that he's a fuckwit.

That Episode with Douglas fighting his Girlfriend because she used to be a Man is horrid,tho. Just indefensible.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

erosion posted:

Please don't take Ups_rail at face value, people. He makes bad posts while pretending to be funny.

ftfy

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Grab Im Moor posted:

I understand it was making fun of disinformation & lobbyism and rampant homophobia of its time. But other people may interpret it as "e-cars = bad and gay lol" which is the problem with this kind of joke.
e: not meant as a slight against you, humor is very subjective! You also may have missed the "sponsored by gasoline" part in the beginning.

Oh, I heard it and I understand what it was going for. It's just incredibly unfunny and cringe to watch.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

Is that a Will Ferell from Elf funko? Take it to the cursed thread, mate.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

See just because someone is a lovely person doesnt mean your endorsing them by enjoying their work.

Pat Oswald and Margert Cho might have made homophobic/transphobic/racist jokes but I still enjoy their work. Now I ve heard Dave Chappell been bad, but I dont watch his stuff.

Edwardly posted:

Wagner is long dead so if you said you liked his music? No, not really.

If you said you enjoyed Wagner's written works then yes.

If you said today to me that you like Kanye then also yes because you would have to be an idiot to not see that there's context to that statement.

Just like saying that you appreciate Tesla in a thread about Elon and Teslas catching on fire - there might be some context you're intentionally ignoring.

again I dont think people should buy cars based on the morality of the people/groups involved in their creation. I mean is every VW owner a nazi?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
In 2042, 20 years after Elon musk's death by incineration after disconnecting all the fire alarms at Twitter offices to save on energy, it will be also fine to own a Tesla, just like it's fine to own a VW today. OTH, driving around London in a VW in 1943? Probably not a good sign.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Atlas Hugged posted:

Oh, I heard it and I understand what it was going for. It's just incredibly unfunny and cringe to watch.

hey Atlas hows christmas in taiwan going for ya?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Ups_rail posted:

hey Atlas hows christmas in taiwan going for ya?

loving miserable.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
:pray:
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1606624671100997634

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's it buddy just keep pulling plugs out

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"just spending the holiday weekend unplugging poo poo at work"

-world's most divorced guy

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Hell yeah! Turn some more stuff off!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Why the hell would anyone spend Christmas eve loving things up at their company rather than spend time with their loved ones

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

God yes I cannot wait!!

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Why the hell would anyone spend Christmas eve loving things up at their company rather than spend time with their loved ones
The servers are now the closest thing he has to loved ones

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

He can't realistically ask his employees to work christmas weekend. But if there's an all hands on deck type emergency....

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Ha! I bet you thought you'd be able to take Christmas off! *unplugs another server rack*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Postman posted:

Hell yeah! Turn some more stuff off!

"Authentication servers? gently caress that poo poo!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Have you considered alienating all your loved ones so that the closest person you have to a friend is Ian Miles Chong, the amazing ant boy?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Gonna unplug the servers and blame the woke mind virus when my 44b livejournal doesn't work anymore

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

steinrokkan posted:

In 2042, 20 years after Elon musk's death by incineration after disconnecting all the fire alarms at Twitter offices to save on energy, it will be also fine to own a Tesla, just like it's fine to own a VW today. OTH, driving around London in a VW in 1943? Probably not a good sign.

Not that it invalidates your point, but no VWs were ever available for purchase by civilians before the end of the war. Driving one in 1943 London (outside of a war trophy Kubelwagen) would have to involve a time machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
*checks SolarWinds for sensitivity alert