Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

fartknocker posted:

What terrible HoF is he getting into?

Nepotism babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fsif posted:

Why does Belichick's kid have a mullet by the way? Has anyone ever asked him that? Is it an ironic thing?

It's a lacrosse/hockey thing.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh I see, we'll it's a good thing he's coaching Lacro-*holds hand up to earpiece, is silent for a moment* gently caress

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

That guy would not fit in with either lax or hockey bros. So it's a choice to keep running that look.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

fsif posted:

Why does Belichick's kid have a mullet by the way? Has anyone ever asked him that? Is it an ironic thing?

:lol: Like that guy has any idea what “irony” means!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Once upon a time, in the land of Foxboro, there was a young man named Steve Belichick who loved nothing more than to rock a mullet. He had heard that a mullet was the ultimate hairstyle for men, as it was short and professional in the front, but long and party in the back.

Steve was so enamored with the mullet that he wore it everywhere he went. He wore it to work, to parties, and even to important meetings.

At first, everything seemed to be going great for Steve. He received plenty of compliments on his unique hairstyle, and he even started to gain a bit of a reputation as the "mullet man" in his community.

However, as time went on, Steve began to notice that people were treating him differently. They seemed to take him less seriously when he wore his mullet, and he often found himself being overlooked for promotions and other opportunities.

One day, Steve decided to go to a job interview at a prestigious law firm. As he walked into the interview, he could see the surprise and amusement on the faces of the interviewers as they took in his mullet.

Despite his impressive credentials and experience, Steve did not get the job. He realized that his mullet had been holding him back all along, and he made the decision to cut it off for good.

From that day on, Steve's career took off. He received promotions and recognition at work, and he even started to feel more confident and self-assured without his mullet.

Moral of the story: While a mullet may seem like a fun and fashionable hairstyle, it can also hold you back in life and prevent you from achieving your goals. It is important to be mindful of the image you present to the world, and to make choices that align with your goals and values. The end.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Mullets are all the rage these days with boys highschool sports.

That doesn't explain Belichick's kid tho.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Nervous posted:

Once upon a time, in the land of Foxboro, there was a young man named Steve Belichick who loved nothing more than to rock a mullet. He had heard that a mullet was the ultimate hairstyle for men, as it was short and professional in the front, but long and party in the back.

Steve was so enamored with the mullet that he wore it everywhere he went. He wore it to work, to parties, and even to important meetings.

At first, everything seemed to be going great for Steve. He received plenty of compliments on his unique hairstyle, and he even started to gain a bit of a reputation as the "mullet man" in his community.

However, as time went on, Steve began to notice that people were treating him differently. They seemed to take him less seriously when he wore his mullet, and he often found himself being overlooked for promotions and other opportunities.

One day, Steve decided to go to a job interview at a prestigious law firm. As he walked into the interview, he could see the surprise and amusement on the faces of the interviewers as they took in his mullet.

Despite his impressive credentials and experience, Steve did not get the job. He realized that his mullet had been holding him back all along, and he made the decision to cut it off for good.

From that day on, Steve's career took off. He received promotions and recognition at work, and he even started to feel more confident and self-assured without his mullet.

Moral of the story: While a mullet may seem like a fun and fashionable hairstyle, it can also hold you back in life and prevent you from achieving your goals. It is important to be mindful of the image you present to the world, and to make choices that align with your goals and values. The end.
Title: "The Mullet Makes the Man: Why Steve Belichick's Hairstyle is a Sign of His Greatness"

Introduction:

As a coach of the New England Patriots, Steve Belichick has long been known for his strategic genius and ability to lead his team to victory. But in recent years, one aspect of his appearance has caused a stir among fans and media alike: his mullet.

While some have criticized Coach Belichick for his unconventional hairstyle, we argue that the mullet is not only acceptable, but it is also a sign of his greatness as both a coach and a human being.

Body:

First and foremost, it's important to recognize that Coach Belichick's mullet is a personal choice and should not be subject to criticism or judgment. We live in a society that values individuality and personal expression, and Coach Belichick's mullet is a testament to that. By choosing to rock a mullet, Coach Belichick is staying true to himself and not conforming to societal norms or expectations.

But beyond just being a personal choice, the mullet is also a symbol of Coach Belichick's unconventional approach to football. In a sport that is often dominated by strict rules and rigid tactics, Coach Belichick has always been known for thinking outside the box and coming up with creative and innovative game plans. His mullet, with its long and flowing back, represents his willingness to take risks and do things differently.

Furthermore, Coach Belichick's mullet is a sign of his authenticity and genuine personality. In a world filled with superficiality and image-consciousness, Coach Belichick's mullet is a refreshing reminder that he is a real person with real interests and passions. It's a sign that he is not afraid to be himself and embrace his unique style, and that authenticity is something that is greatly lacking in today's world.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, Steve Belichick's mullet is not only acceptable, but it is also a sign of his greatness as both a coach and a human being. It represents his individuality, unconventional approach to football, and authenticity as a person. So let's embrace Coach Belichick's mullet and all that it stands for.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

:shuckyes:

In conclusion, mullets are a hairstyle of contrasts.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Steve Belichick needs to eventually end up with the Al Iafrate skullet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0XT81S1AKg

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Not enough firings imo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

That guy would not fit in with either lax or hockey bros. So it's a choice to keep running that look.

Well, considering he played lacrosse for four years at Rutgers...

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Grittybeard posted:

he literally is one so

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yes I know but my point is he's beyond that age range now by several years. He isn't rolling into that party without a lot of people rolling their eyes anymore.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WEEK 16 UPDATE

I guess it's time to warn people that this year's carousel will be smaller than usual. We had two midseason firings, a couple more coming on Black Monday, and ... that's it, really. In a typical year there are around 6-8 coaches fired, but I'll be surprised if we get close to that number in 2022. There's still plenty of time for movement, but this is the quietest hot seat ranking I've had in a long time. Which is why I spent most of if talking about a certain coach you normally see at the top of this list ...

COOL

Sean McDermott, Buffalo Bills
Robert Saleh, New York Jets
John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens
Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers
Zac Taylor, Cincinnati Bengals
Kevin Stefanski, Cleveland Browns
Mike Vrabel, Tennessee Titans
Andy Reid, Kansas City Chiefs
Nick Sirianni, Philadelphia Eagles
Mike McCarthy, Dallas Cowboys
Ron Rivera, Washington Commanders
Matt LaFleur, Green Bay Packers
Dan Campbell, Detroit Lions
Arthur Smith, Atlanta Falcons
Kyle Shanahan, San Francisco 49ers
Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks
Sean McVay, Los Angeles Rams

FIRST-YEAR COACHES

Mike McDaniel, Miami Dolphins
Doug Pederson, Jacksonville Jaguars
Lovie Smith, Houston Texans
Josh McDaniels, Las Vegas Raiders
Brian Daboll, New York Giants
Kevin O’Connell, Minnesota Vikings
Matt Eberflus, Chicago Bears
Todd Bowles, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Dennis Allen, New Orleans Saints

Unfortunately for Bucs and Saints fans, I don’t expect Bowles and Allen to go anywhere. We’re already destined for a one-and-done firing this year, and I don’t think those teams will be so lucky.

Also I’m moving Lovie back here with the Texans playing pretty drat hard for him against strong opponents. Perhaps they won’t do the obviously bad PR thing yet? Or at least quietly talk him into retirement, who knows.

MILD

Bill Belichick, New England Patriots – Well then. I guess we have to talk about this.

First thing’s first: Belichick is not getting fired, this year or any time soon. Too much clout in the organization and a legacy on the line. But that clout may ironically be part of the Patriots’ problems this season. Bill getting complacent and using his former defensive coach as playcaller has been a disastrous move, stunting Mac Jones’ development and making the offense unwatchable. There’s a big media campaign to get rid of Matt Patricia and bring in a real OC, but it feels like that’s only a small part of what’s going on here.

Belichick and Robert Kraft have long been rumored to not like each other, and only tolerated the relationship as long as the Lombardis rolled in. Well, it’s been three years since Brady left town and four years since the Patriots’ last playoff win, so patience is clearly running thin. Perhaps Kraft sees this lull as a chance to move on from someone he rarely got along with. And we all know Kraft is cozy with the Boston media, who are now beating the drums for Bill to make real changes and cede some of the authority he’s built up over the past 20 years. And if Bill is not okay with that (while doggedly chasing Don Shula’s all-time win record at 71 years old), then things could get very, very interesting in Foxborough.

Brandon Staley, Los Angeles Chargers – Feels a bit silly to keep Staley here with the Chargers on a hot streak, but I had him in Moderate last time, so it’s only a slight hedge. They face the Colts, Rams, and Broncos to close out their season, so the path is clear to deliver Justin Herbert his first playoff appearance. Anything less would be a disaster and heat Staley right back up.

SPICY HOT

Nathaniel Hackett, Denver Broncos – Would I be shocked if the Broncos, led by a nanobubble-revived Russell Wilson, beat the Rams and Chargers down the stretch to finish with 3 wins in their last 4 games, thus saving Hackett’s job and providing an optimistic look towards 2023?

Actually yeah, I would be pretty shocked. He’s still a goner.

Kliff Kingsbury, Arizona Cardinals – Seems like Kliff is truly running out of lifelines. GM Steve Keim took an indefinite leave of absence, and all accounts seem to indicate he won’t be back. With the owner’s buddy getting pushed out after signing a big extension, there isn’t much left for Kingsbury to hang on to. In some ways, the Kyler Murray injury was a wake-up call for this organization. They now have a chance to clean out the rot, hit the reset button, and hopefully give Kyler a fresh start whenever he’s ready to come back. They cannot continue down this same path, and for the sake of Cards fans, I hope they don’t.

Matt Rhule, Carolina Panthers (interim coach: Steve Wilks)
Frank Reich, Indianapolis Colts (interim coach: Jeff Saturday)

Benne fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Dec 22, 2022

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As always, I'll have the big season-finale rankings ready to go before Black Monday. Hopefully it's not as boring as I fear it will be.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

If the Cardinals fire Kliff I'll toast to that. I won't believe it until it happens though.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Defector's looking ahead to Black Monday.

https://defector.com/fire-this-rear end in a top hat-a-guide-to-the-worst-nfl-coaches-of-2022/

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
The fewer coaches fired the better for the Lions, better chance Ben doesn't get poached.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

That Guy posted:

Fire this rear end in a top hat? You should always fire Mike McCarthy.

:hmmyes:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fowler has a piece with speculation that Kingsbury might just walk away rather than play out an obviously lame duck year without Kyler.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dreams do come true.

He's such a future Alabama OC turned CUSA coach

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Nervous posted:

:shuckyes:

In conclusion, mullets are a hairstyle of contrasts.

No contrasts.

It is a lifestyle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkI9axajmT8

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1606614753387896833

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I don't even want Staley fired really anymore but if this is out there, cmon

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jets need to do this but they won't.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Offer Vic a chance to come to Miami and avoid working for a pill addict

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I want at least one team with a decent coach to panic and fire their coach to make room for Payton and not get him.

Watching some team gently caress up and retcon it that their plan all along was to hire ~insert horrible retread or obviously unqualified guy here~ would just be amazing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

payton's interest in the afc: 94% chargers, 4% texans, 1% raiders, 1% other

if LA did miss the playoffs or look really bad and unprepared in 1 game somehow

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

wilderthanmild posted:

I want at least one team with a decent coach to panic and fire their coach to make room for Payton and not get him.

Watching some team gently caress up and retcon it that their plan all along was to hire ~insert horrible retread or obviously unqualified guy here~ would just be amazing.

If the Dolphins miss the playoffs, I wouldn't put it past that ownership.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i made that up above. don't think it's from PFF the true source of the only footblal knowledge available. dofins would be up there with the chagga.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1606663989919830016?t=pbAjVD8M7WfZuCR9yOWxuQ&s=19

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

If the Dolphins miss the playoffs, I wouldn't put it past that ownership.

Mike McDaniel, Patriots offensive coordinator :getin:

Although yeah, BOB seems more like a thing that could ever possibly happen

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
BOB gonna reunite with Brady in Tampa next year as Leftwich's replacement.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Bama's offense demonstrably got worse under BOB to the point where they couldn't win a title with Bryce Young, but sure, he's definitely the guy to turn Mac around.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Benne posted:

Bama's offense demonstrably got worse under BOB to the point where they couldn't win a title with Bryce Young, but sure, he's definitely the guy to turn Mac around.
True but he did do well as the HC of the Texans; he got fired for being a truly terrible GM. The pros are different than college so I could see it working ok.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

True but he did do well as the HC of the Texans; he got fired for being a truly terrible GM. The pros are different than college so I could see it working ok.

He wasn't that great of a coach before he got the GM powers either. He went 52-48 as coach of the Texans and IIRC only had GM power the last year or so where he was 10-10 before getting fired. His pre-Deshaun Watson years were mostly 9-7 seasons, twice winning a very weak AFC South and a whole ton of mediocre offense and poor quarterbacking choices. Yes, they didn't have great options, but he also had a tendency to stick with guys who clearly weren't working (Brian Hoyer late in 2015 and in their shutout playoff loss being one that comes to mind). The only two really good seasons he had coincided with Watson being healthy and a dynamic player on the field, both of which ended with bad playoff losses, the latter of which had a lot of people calling for him to be fired then and there, before he tacked on an 0-4 record to start the next season and finally got canned.

O'Brien's name has come up a few times over the last few months, but I just don't really see what makes people interested in him, beyond Patriot fans just wanting almost anyone who had some modicum of success at OC over their current duo of Dumb Rapist & Dumber.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

wilderthanmild posted:

Hasn't Jerry Jones wanted Payton forever? How bad would the Cowboys' slide have to get for him to boot Mike McCarthy for a shot at Payton?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Come to Denver. Vic, we're sorry. We didn't mean it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Hasn't Jerry Jones wanted Payton forever? How bad would the Cowboys' slide have to get for him to boot Mike McCarthy for a shot at Payton?

"SB or bust" would be enough reason for some to understand him jettisoning Mike

For most, "it's Mike McCarthy, do you really want him long-term" is more than enough reason