Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it's called gape rear end now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

priznat posted:

Hideo Kojima Describes Upcoming Game With Xbox as "Unusual"

This either means it will be a bog standard AAA game (unusual for him) or so loving weird no one can possibly comprehend it

Apparently multiple companies turned it down because they thought it was too crazy so I'm expecting Lovecraftian levels of madness.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Honestly if you can't find a game to play on gamepass I dunno what to tell you. I could probably never buy a game again and be fine.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Game pass owns, haters suck a nut

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Omnikin posted:

Game pass owns, haters suck a nut

What about the nonhaters :gritin:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Lammasu posted:

Apparently multiple companies turned it down because they thought it was too crazy so I'm expecting Lovecraftian levels of madness.

I’m expecting more goofball monkeycheese, should be fun

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

My kids put 30 hours into Minecraft so I dont know what my most-played game is. I suspect its......bloody hell I dont know...a bunch of cool 10 hour games that I ploughed through.

Favorite was probably Norco though.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
When I bought an Xbox I swore that I would stick to Game Pass exclusively and not buy any more games because I have too many and that would be stupid. Elden Ring, The Witcher 3 4K, and some pretty good sales on the Store changed my tune pretty quick.

Also Vampire Survivors was, like, $4 so why the gently caress not.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
It helps that, depending on your region, you can use rewards points to buy games. Plus there's like 7% cash back which isn't a ton but it's something.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Thunder Bear posted:

When I bought an Xbox I swore that I would stick to Game Pass exclusively and not buy any more games because I have too many and that would be stupid. Elden Ring, The Witcher 3 4K, and some pretty good sales on the Store changed my tune pretty quick.

Thats how they get ya

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Thunder Bear posted:

Yeah I said you COULD only play gamepass games and be happy. I've bought games too. I just bought the Shadow Of War definitive edition because I wanted to play the games again and never played the DLC and it was 8 dollars.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thunder Bear posted:

These three are fantastic purchases. So have fun and enjoy OP

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thunder Bear posted:

I have been able to stick to only Gamepass the whole time I've had my series X

Because I buy tons of games on PS5 and PC

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

nom epique posted:

finally navigated the menu to cancel junkpass again

Do your SA account next

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I'm almost done unlocking everything in Vampire Survivors and I think once I'm done with that, I'll be done with the game. It's fantastic and I love it but by the 10th or 15th time you're standing still and not dying the magic is almost over.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Big fan of R&M but I'm almost 3 hours into HoL without a laugh. It's not that the writing is "bad", it's just interminable and it feels like I'm trapped with a VA who knows they get paid overtime. The gameplay is decent and the levels so far seem kind of streamlined free of over world sins, but no dialogue skip has been killer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Lol at Hivebusters having zero actual Hive-busting. What a loving tease, getting to the big finale and peacing out instead of actually delivering an ending. At least let us watch them gas out the place.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

EC posted:

I'm almost done unlocking everything in Vampire Survivors and I think once I'm done with that, I'll be done with the game. It's fantastic and I love it but by the 10th or 15th time you're standing still and not dying the magic is almost over.

There's a "secrets" menu with a bunch of hidden things you can unlock, all of which involve doing new & interesting things. I think they all unlock new characters.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

Big fan of R&M but I'm almost 3 hours into HoL without a laugh. It's not that the writing is "bad", it's just interminable and it feels like I'm trapped with a VA who knows they get paid overtime. The gameplay is decent and the levels so far seem kind of streamlined free of over world sins, but no dialogue skip has been killer.

There's a couple of bangers in there, but for the most part the humor is just sort of there. I rarely found myself laughing, but I enjoyed most of the banter as passive flavor I guess. I played his VR games first and they do the same thing where the VAs will just improv for 10 minutes if you don't walk away but the point is that you are supposed to walk away. I definitely wouldn't call it uproariously funny outside of maybe 4 bits. Mostly just thought the art style was cool and it was a fun shooter.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 24, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I buy tons of games on PS5

:dafuq:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Don’t think we don’t remember you slobbering over Returnal (correctly)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Time for some rumors.

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1606478059959468032?t=3jv-A9BRJFHEEM5olc0HdQ&s=19

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

He’s probably referring to bloodborne

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Lol at Hivebusters having zero actual Hive-busting. What a loving tease, getting to the big finale and peacing out instead of actually delivering an ending. At least let us watch them gas out the place.

I'm like 99% sure there was a hive busting multiplayer mode that that DLC set up where you indeed do some busting with up to 3 friends iykwim

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

I feel like I kinda know what "a Pentiment-level game" means but I also kinda don't? Is that a scale/scope thing?

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Spent a couple hours last night playing High On Life and I can confirm it is a Good Game. Condolences to all the goons who are too up their own rear end to have a good time

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

veni veni veni posted:

There's a couple of bangers in there, but for the most part the humor is just sort of there. I rarely found myself laughing, but I enjoyed most of the banter as passive flavor I guess. I played his VR games first and they do the same thing where the VAs will just improv for 10 minutes if you don't walk away but the point is that you are supposed to walk away. I definitely wouldn't call it uproariously funny outside of maybe 4 bits. Mostly just thought the art style was cool and it was a fun shooter.

GotG finally broke me of being a "dialogue completest". It's meant to be cut off and and just get little snippets and it works best that way.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Toaster Beef posted:

I feel like I kinda know what "a Pentiment-level game" means but I also kinda don't? Is that a scale/scope thing?

I'm squinting at the wording and taking it to mean Tango are doing a 'wouldnt be possible without gamepass' little auteur project.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Isometric Bacon posted:

Question:

Kids want to play Minecraft. I have it on Gamepass, and apparently 'own' it on PC (must have been via Games with Gold, or something). I can potentially run it on Xbox One, one or two PCs and maybe Gamepass streaming if I could swing it.

In the past in the magical time before children, my partner and I used to play a lot of these games online together on two xbox ones, designating one as the 'home' console and sharing the account.

Can I do this somehow with PC and Xbox and / or streaming, or will this count as using the same account across different platforms and not allow me to do so?

I would imagine if you “own” it on pc and have gamepass on the Xbox it should work.
I bought Diablo 2 on Xbox anc used the home designation on the other Xbox so my kid and I could play through it together.

New question for the thread.
Does anyone use the ikea kallax cube shelf system and let their x live in it?
By the measurements it looks like just barely an inch plus of clearance. Is that enough to let it vent properly?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Illusive Man posted:

Spent a couple hours last night playing High On Life and I can confirm it is a Good Game. Condolences to all the goons who are too up their own rear end to have a good time

Hey yo I wasn't, I wasn't so much up my own rear end bbbut I'm kind of over his uh, Vall-valley girl style delivery so I guess that's just uh on me yeah that's on me.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Is there any way to connect a Bluetooth keyboard to a Series console? Can I plug in a Bluetooth dongle, or I have to buy a keyboard that's proprietary wireless with a USB dongle?

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Beastie posted:

Hey yo I wasn't, I wasn't so much up my own rear end bbbut I'm kind of over his uh, Vall-valley girl style delivery so I guess that's just uh on me yeah that's on me.

There was a girl with a super strong valley accent in my grad school lab. Even after like 5 years of working with her it still broke my brain to hear that voice talking about all sorts of complex scientific neuroscience stuff.

I've sort of powered through HoL some more after people said to give it more of a chance. The dialogue is whatever, but things did open up a lot more once you get the jetpack. Which now I definitely feel the complaints about a lack of map. I'll still probably finish it, but there's enough little things off about it that it still feels incomplete (lack of enemy variety, not enough guns, maps missing, etc). Great job on the environments and color palette though.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Pretty excited to show my brother in law vampire survivors

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's baffling to me why someone would hate GamePass, easily the Xbox's biggest strength. I use it exclusively for my Series S and whatever games aren't on it I get on my PS5 with a deep sale.

Owning both consoles is fantastic this generation.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Actually owning a PS5 Is extremely fail.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like in Vampire Survivors when you get the candelabra levelled up and stuff like the axes just become huge :haw:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

American McGay posted:

I like it but I find myself playing the Xbox more.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

priznat posted:

I like in Vampire Survivors when you get the candelabra levelled up and stuff like the axes just become huge :haw:

I unlocked the last character and weapon evolve today and it's pretty amazing with a bunch of area up items: https://www.xbox.com/play/media/VEKJM3TPSF

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

American McGay posted:

Spare a thought for the poor kids opening presents tomorrow expecting a series x, only to discover their parents don’t love them and they now own a giant ugly ps5 with no gamepass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

otter posted:

I would imagine if you “own” it on pc and have gamepass on the Xbox it should work.
I bought Diablo 2 on Xbox anc used the home designation on the other Xbox so my kid and I could play through it together.

New question for the thread.
Does anyone use the ikea kallax cube shelf system and let their x live in it?
By the measurements it looks like just barely an inch plus of clearance. Is that enough to let it vent properly?

i don't own that oddly specific shelf but I believe the Xbox needs like 2 inches of clearance or something.