Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Vinylshadow posted:

https://twitter.com/NARUTO_kousiki/status/1606122430098964482

Current (but not final) results of the popularity vote happening right now

It's a fuckin' Uchiha/Sharingan convention all up in dis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m impressed that Sakura made the list at all (and in the top 10 no less). Why is Minato so popular though?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I think it's so funny that the point of the poll was to get a super special chapter about the winner and these idiots voted for Naruto.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I legitimately have no idea who Shisui even is.

TheHan posted:

I think it's so funny that the point of the poll was to get a super special chapter about the winner
Okay most of the results actually make a lot more sense in this light

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I think the fans REALLY love the spirit of selfless and sacrifice for the greater good.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Wait, wait, wait, Kishimoto has gone on about how he stopped developing Sakura because she wasn't popular and she's in the top 10? Over the villain who spent years grieving his 13-year old crush???????

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sindai posted:

I legitimately have no idea who Shisui even is.

Okay most of the results actually make a lot more sense in this light

I think he’s the guy who gave Itachi the Mangekyou Sharingan

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Wait, wait, wait, Kishimoto has gone on about how he stopped developing Sakura because she wasn't popular and she's in the top 10? Over the villain who spent years grieving his 13-year old crush???????

So far she’s been pretty good in the Sasuke manga at least

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vinylshadow posted:

https://twitter.com/NARUTO_kousiki/status/1606122430098964482

Current (but not final) results of the popularity vote happening right now

Here's How Kakashi Can Still Win

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Looks like the Boruto anime is adapting the Sasuke dinosaur adventure starting next week. Amusingly Sasuke says the events happened in the past. So it seems there will be no need to adjust it for current circumstances.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Teek posted:

Looks like the Boruto anime is adapting the Sasuke dinosaur adventure starting next week. Amusingly Sasuke says the events happened in the past. So it seems there will be no need to adjust it for current circumstances.

That was fast, I assumed they’d at least wait until the manga adaptation was finished. I’m not complaining though

Curious which one’s going to finish the novel first then (how far in are we at this point manga wise?)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 25, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

That was fast, I assumed they’d at least wait until the manga adaptation was finished. I’m not complaining though

Curious which one’s going to finish the novel first then (how far in are we at this point manga wise?)

Sasuke finding the chickens is the end of chapter 4 of the novel (out of 8 chapters + Prologue and Epilogue)

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
That top 10 has to be a joke. Why would anyone like a horrifically mangled character like Itachi to such a degree that not only does he get 2nd, but his backstory gets voted one slot behind him? That plus Elder God Madarabane in 6th and goddamn Obito "I ruined MHA" Uchiha in 10th is a sign that something is completely bent with the tastes of these voters.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 27, 2022

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"Why is Itachi popular" is that seriously a question you're asking in tyol 2022

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Naruto fandom wishing Itachi could boop them in the noggin like he did Sasuke right after he killed him.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the fact that kakashi jiraiya and sakura managed to survive the tidal wave of uchiha characters is genuinely surprising in a good way

maybe not kakashi, he does have a sharingan

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Speaking of Kakashi's sharingan, it's still very funny to me how in the Naruto world you can just grab someone's eye and plop it in your empty eye socket and it just works, like there's a USB port or something.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of Kakashi's sharingan, it's still very funny to me how in the Naruto world you can just grab someone's eye and plop it in your empty eye socket and it just works, like there's a USB port or something.

I mean, they needed a medical ninja to operate on Kakashi, implying that's not how it worked. Madara's just special, likely because of first Hokage cells which are the cheat code of the Naruto world. It *is* extremely funny regardless.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I think the secret is Kishimoto is just super lazy when it comes to his female characters. She wasn't popular because he didn't do anything with her because he thinks of his female characters and all it is just a mental shrug.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I mean, they needed a medical ninja to operate on Kakashi, implying that's not how it worked. Madara's just special, likely because of first Hokage cells which are the cheat code of the Naruto world. It *is* extremely funny regardless.

I actually forgot about that part, but doesn't Sasuke just pop in Itachi's eyes?

Edit: He doesn't, I was wrong! This is like the Berenstein bears false memory thing all over again.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
eyes swapped hands so many times in the ninja war that it painted the whole series as a goofy eyeball roulette.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Didn't Kakashi get Obito's second eye? How did that work?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Didn't Kakashi get Obito's second eye? How did that work?

Obito’s chakra ghost turned kakashi’s regular eyes into mangekyo sharingan temporarily.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Dawgstar posted:

I think the secret is Kishimoto is just super lazy when it comes to his female characters. She wasn't popular because he didn't do anything with her because he thinks of his female characters and all it is just a mental shrug.

Maybe his editor wrote the Gaara Rescue arc and Kishimoto just took credit for it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Sasuke:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/naruto-sasukes-story-the-uchiha-and-the-heavenly-stardust-manga-chapter-6-1/chapter/26058?action=read

As has been mentioned earlier, the anime will also begin adapting this same arc starting with next week's episode

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 1, 2023

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
“His mind can zip from one extreme to the other” yea girl that is the loving problem.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

TheHan posted:

“His mind can zip from one extreme to the other” yea girl that is the loving problem.

Flashback to that one time Sasuke decided to exterminate the entire village of Konoha after he discovered the truth behind the death of his brother.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bros before leafoes

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Flashback to that one time Sasuke decided to exterminate the entire village of Konoha after he discovered the truth behind the death of his brother.

His canonical kill count is apparently super low.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah Sasuke despite having comically evil intentions, outside of "attempted" charges, kinda does literally nothing but good things, and fails to do anything notably bad.

Kills Orochimaru
Kills Deidara
Kills Itachi
Doesn't capture Bee
Doesn't really do poo poo at the Kage Meeting, other than murk some samurai, and run away from the various Kage's.
Kills Danzo, but Danzo was evil anyway
Helps save the world from Madara/Obito/Kabuto/Kaguya.

Is stopped before he can execute his nonsense plan after Kaguya goes down.

His intentions, were very bad, but their outcomes, largely good/harmless(rip to those samurai's family I suppose)

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Naruto claims to want peace yet continues to harbor war criminals like Orochimaru and Sasuke :raise: doesn't sound like my hokage.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Dexo posted:

Yeah Sasuke despite having comically evil intentions, outside of "attempted" charges, kinda does literally nothing but good things, and fails to do anything notably bad.

Kills Orochimaru
Kills Deidara
Kills Itachi
Doesn't capture Bee
Doesn't really do poo poo at the Kage Meeting, other than murk some samurai, and run away from the various Kage's.
Kills Danzo, but Danzo was evil anyway
Helps save the world from Madara/Obito/Kabuto/Kaguya.

Is stopped before he can execute his nonsense plan after Kaguya goes down.

His intentions, were very bad, but their outcomes, largely good/harmless(rip to those samurai's family I suppose)

I mean, sure (although that's kinda underselling it, considering that, samurai aside, he also mutilated a sitting Raikage, *did* kill the current acting hokage, and also brought Orochimaru back to life which... kinda invalidates the whole killing him first part, even though it was largely a net positive for the Fourth Ninja War), but ultimately it's still really funny to see his psychotic mentality as a positive character trait.

Then again, I guess, as the Second Hokage famously put it, the Uchiha love too much and therefore have brain problems.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Well, it also begs the question of what is redemption, what is atonement? Do we throw Sasuke in jail for a lifetime for being kinda a dick, when confirmed monsters and unrepentant war criminals walk free? Gaara was a serial killer, A was a confirmed human trafficker, Onoki we don't have a clear picture of but I'm sure his list of war crimes could fill a book. Sasuke just singlemindedly went after the things he saw as responsible for killing his family, updating the list as he learned more.

Also lol at the thought that a prison could keep Sasuke contained if he decided he didn't want to be there.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

Well, it also begs the question of what is redemption, what is atonement? Do we throw Sasuke in jail for a lifetime for being kinda a dick, when confirmed monsters and unrepentant war criminals walk free? Gaara was a serial killer, A was a confirmed human trafficker, Onoki we don't have a clear picture of but I'm sure his list of war crimes could fill a book. Sasuke just singlemindedly went after the things he saw as responsible for killing his family, updating the list as he learned more.

Also lol at the thought that a prison could keep Sasuke contained if he decided he didn't want to be there.

Onoki apparently had a lot of dealings with the Akatsuki and in the Boruto anime once created an army of artificial humans (even taking the current tsuchikage who also happened to be his own granddaughter hostage) to fight in place of regular shinobi until they inevitably turned on him

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Onoki to the other Kage: "I'd like to report on creating an army of artificial humans, and, well, you guys know how this old story goes."

"They turned on you?"

"They turned on me. Anyone have a spare protagonist to help me out?"

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Do we have final results from the worldwide popularity poll yet?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
imo helping to save the world is a pretty good reason to never go to prison

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Delphisage posted:

Do we have final results from the worldwide popularity poll yet?

Not until April

The most popular jutsu votes are Shadow Clone, Kamui, and Infinite Tsukuyomi

Lotta write-ins for Sexy Jutsu too

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Vinylshadow posted:

Not until April

The most popular jutsu votes are Shadow Clone, Kamui, and Infinite Tsukuyomi

Lotta write-ins for Sexy Jutsu too

No love for Gentle Fist or Puppeteering is painful, but seriously? The Infinite Tsukuyomi?! Does Japanese television work so differently from American broadcasting where Filler Hell invigorates TV ratings instead of killing the entire block they're airing on?

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 10, 2023

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Delphisage posted:

No love for Gentle Fist or Puppeteering is painful, but seriously? The Infinite Tsukuyomi?! Does Japanese television work so differently from American broadcasting where Filler Hell invigorates TV ratings instead of killing the entire block they're airing on?

Chidori and Rasengan are at 59,902/5 respectively
Edo Tensei is 55,911
8 Gates Formation is 47,722
Almighty Push is 37,693
8 Trigrams, 64 Palms is 26,048

Pity there isn't a top 30 or 50 list; I'd really like to see those numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
What about 8 gates?