Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

The Demilich posted:

I wear a giant bathrobe that goes to my ankles, and usually some shorts and a shirt.

i wear a t-shirt i've had since i was a teenager, a skirt with pockets, a purse with a bee on it and the kind of smile that says please don't hurt me im already crying inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus christ accidentally making smalltalk with you in line has gotta be terrifying

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Jesus Christ was a white arab jew

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I live naked in a barrel.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

tokin opposition posted:

i wear a t-shirt i've had since i was a teenager, a skirt with pockets, a purse with a bee on it and the kind of smile that says please don't hurt me im already crying inside

I used to go out and do stuff in stained or old sweat pants and moccasins if it wasn't explicitly formal or important, but I've now started dressing more fashionable when I leave the house. I'm trying to wear the cool sweat pants and athletic wear my wife got me with my cool shoes and various other things.

And when you see me, I'm mostly humming and kind of looking cheery

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I used to go out and do stuff in stained or old sweat pants and moccasins if it wasn't explicitly formal or important, but I've now started dressing more fashionable when I leave the house. I'm trying to wear the cool sweat pants and athletic wear my wife got me with my cool shoes and various other things.

Imagine the smell

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Antonymous posted:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I've definitely internalised that ironed blue button down shirt, dress shoes and possibly a blazer is How You Should Dress, and in professional contexts I will instinctively think less of men who don't confirm to that. But then I remember how dumb that is and overcompensate by assuming they must be good to get away with it.
This raises my respect for the crypto guy, yes.
Women have much wider options, which is nice. Nonbinaries are gonna have to choose between blue shirt or presenting feminine I guess.

And for the record: Jews are white when it suits the narrative, that's it.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Animal Friend posted:

Imagine the smell

?

Edit: ??

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 10:47 on Dec 24, 2022

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

BonHair posted:

I've definitely internalised that ironed blue button down shirt, dress shoes and possibly a blazer is How You Should Dress, and in professional contexts I will instinctively think less of men who don't confirm to that

I do the same thing. It's super hard not to, honestly! Button downs, khakis or dockers or whatever, and nice shoes are just sort of my go-to for looking sort of formal, even though they're not hugely interesting or fun to wear. It's also hard to find pants like dockers that fit my butt hips and legs while also not being incredibly baggy.

Idk the names of any good, affordable office pants besides dockers and whatever else I see at the men's wear place

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

BonHair posted:

I've definitely internalised that ironed blue button down shirt, dress shoes and possibly a blazer is How You Should Dress, and in professional contexts I will instinctively think less of men who don't confirm to that. But then I remember how dumb that is and overcompensate by assuming they must be good to get away with it.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I do the same thing. It's super hard not to, honestly!

Do you live and work in in 1996?

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

NeatHeteroDude posted:

you wear brimmed hats don't you don't u lie motherfucker

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Delthalaz posted:

i've bombed interviews by showing up in a blazer. i've learned that everyone shows up in a golf shirt and undershirt and my fashion has cost me literally hundreds of thousands of dollars over the last decade. never loving wear a suit to an interview

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

i say swears online posted:

i've bombed interviews by showing up in a blazer. i've learned that everyone shows up in a golf shirt and undershirt and my fashion has cost me literally hundreds of thousands of dollars over the last decade. never loving wear a suit to an interview
that's a minimum of $55/day

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Delthalaz posted:

Worse, I basically work in management consulting.

It's industry and sector specific though. I've also never been in a context where ties were a thing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jesus was a black mother?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

tokin opposition posted:

hello ms. sinema

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/angelarayner/status/1606606379862605824?s=46&t=4a0vWUo5svB9aDaXAquDkw

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
https://twitter.com/LincolnBuiId/status/1606370844309061653?cxt=HHwWqoCwibTx_MosAAAA

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
it is spine-pullingly cold out

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

They canonically fight in Injustice 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aInHEhr-mg

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

I love this video.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Antonymous posted:

a semite, you might say

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP1zFeg2SyM

married with children is a documentary

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7179067901180300590

It takes a big strong tough man that cares about kids to bully an elderly librarian to this point.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

FFT posted:

that's a minimum of $55/day

I think he meant cost in lost wages

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

jesus christ accidentally making smalltalk with you in line has gotta be terrifying

gently caress you

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if someone tries to talk to me while I'm in line it's 50/50 I talk about the weather/I can go full Rust Cohle mode. best not chance it.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

tokin opposition posted:

Let death rest in your gaze, and soon people will just stop looking you in the eyes.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Speleothing posted:

I think he meant cost in lost wages

yeah all my computer-toucher friends are having millionaire parties and i'm mopping floors

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Oh no it's time for "ARE JEWS WHITE!?" discourse.

we get to have it both ways. i crank the heeb knob when i'm talking poo poo with the mexican dudes in the kitchen, but if you think i'm not blasting "fourth-generation italian" vibes when some timothy mcveigh motherfucker pulls me over driving through kansas you're nuts

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

never loving wear a suit to an interview

The best advice. Outside of specific professions like law, anywhere that judges you for not wearing a suit to an interview sucks and you’ll hate working there. This does not just apply to computer touching. Don’t look like poo poo but don’t wear anything that you wouldn’t be comfortable wearing on a daily basis.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Gravid Topiary posted:

you wear brimmed hats don't you don't u lie motherfucker

Do you think I'd look good in those? I'm open to it

Delthalaz posted:

Wearing a nice button down shirt and some nice pants are baseline requirements for almost any important job in my field

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Do you think I'd look good in those? I'm open to it

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Oh my God did you see Brian's hat?

https://youtu.be/LO2k-BNySLI

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Popping off