Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

retire already bitch

gently caress that, I wanna see every contender debate blowing a late 1st round pick on Bronny just so they can rent LeBron at veterans minimum for a year. Gonna be hilarious how far up he goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol nick claxton ok

let’s look at the numbers

that’s a good number ! maybe he is good …

nope

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

retire already bitch

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Yossarian-22 posted:

lol

Garland is very good but he isn't even the best guard on his team

you said young guard. why are you moving the goal posts. I see what euph means now

e: I reread your post, you said “best young pg in the league”! why would dg getting to play against an mvp candidate count against him here??? Halliburton and garland are the same age!

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 24, 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s poster abuse. they have been probated before

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

you said young guard. why are you moving the goal posts. I see what euph means now

e: I reread your post, you said “best young pg in the league”! why would dg getting to play against an mvp candidate count against him here??? Halliburton and garland are the same age!

I'm not saying Mitchell is young I'm saying that it's hard for me to think of Garland as the best young PG when he's clearly the second best guard on his team

If we're not counting Doncic, right now I would rank Morant, Gilgeous-Alexander, Bane, and Halliburton ahead of him. I think he's more on par with LaMelo, Trae, and Fox

Nothing against Garland as he's great. The league is just stacked. I kind of misspoke when I said Halliburton was the "best young guard" as I more think he just has the best traditional guard skills

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 24, 2022

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
just changing your meaning to suit your needs, smdh

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

just banned euph from the thread :tipshat:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this is now a jokic appreciation thread

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

loquacius posted:

Also the Nets are getting good at basketball

cause someone had to shut up and dribble

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it was already the jokic appreciation thread silly

so tall. so many passes

euphronius fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 24, 2022

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this is now a jokic appreciation thread
he’s so good. glad to have my city represented by the reigning two-time MVP on the verge of a three-peat.

very hilarious that so few people in denver give a poo poo about the nugs tho. the broncos loving SUCK and still have ten times the visible fan support than the first-place nuggets. nobody would even recognize Jokic on the street if he wasn’t hugely tall

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you have to show them gifs of jokic passing

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

euphronius posted:

everyone i know who has been to a game always wonders “who is this loving goofy white guy?” during warm-ups and then have to be told he’s not only *denver’s* best player, but the best player in the entire NBA, two years in a row. most of them think i’m joking (jokicing)

completely incomprehensible.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s hard for western people to accept jokic consciousness

a tall man passing should not be the most valuable thing ever but it is

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

very hilarious that so few people in denver give a poo poo about the nugs tho.

euphronius posted:

brutal

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if passing gifs don’t get them try jogging gifs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the main reason Jokic isn't valuable is that he doesn't draw ratings since he's boring to watch except for two insane passes per game

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

he also sets screens really well

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

my favorite moment of the all star game was when jokic set a screen for curry. nobody was playing defense but he still did it, he walked up and put up a high pick.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

the main reason Jokic isn't valuable is that he doesn't draw ratings since he's boring to watch except for two insane passes per game

Jamal Murray is way more fun than him to watch.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Ayton was pissing me off today in the first quarter with his screening actions. he's "Halfway To MVP" :dogwhistle: as well, but he couldn't peel a defender from his dribblers at all man. one of many things that had PHX down twenty in five minutes flat.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wrong

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

all the other players on the nuggets are more fun to watch than jokic. they got this kid named Bones that is always shooting goofy rear end 3s on terrible looks and sometimes he misses them and goes 1/12 in a game and sometimes he hits six in a row

jamal murray was playing out of his mind yesterday too

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

the bitcoin of weed posted:

all the other players on the nuggets are more fun to watch than jokic. they got this kid named Bones that is always shooting goofy rear end 3s on terrible looks and sometimes he misses them and goes 1/12 in a game and sometimes he hits six in a row
he's a pure streetball player, could probably be called for a carry every dribble, and by some metrics he's the worst defender in the entire NBA. he owns completely and he's my favorite player after jokic.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
every possession with jokic off the floor is

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2022/12/23/0022200489/191/88382c41-eca5-a664-8469-dc4660fe753b_1280x720.mp4

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you should show them George Mikan highlights and see if that is better

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Look at him . He’s about to pass !!!

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

nobody told me atticus finch had the softest hookshot

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

he's a pure streetball player, could probably be called for a carry every dribble, and by some metrics he's the worst defender in the entire NBA. he owns completely and he's my favorite player after jokic.

i mostly like saying lets go bones every time he touches the ball

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

Look at him . He’s about to pass !!!

Peak. Performance.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

we should let AI decide all of the awards imo

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

not Allen Iverson but artificial intelligence.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they should let iverson decide, nothing quite like the scorn a washed up player has towards players in the league now

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they should let iverson decide, nothing quite like the scorn a washed up player has towards players in the league now

AI is actually a man with infinite love in his heart https://twitter.com/VernonMaxwell11/status/1600595488851492864

He doesn't have a single hater bone in his body. You philly fans could learn a thing or two

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

a new study bible! posted:

we should let AI decide all of the awards imo
for the 17th year in a row, and with a unanimous vote, the NBA MVP award goes to “strippers”

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

AI rules. Dude stood in line for hours and spent $4000 filling up gas for people. He never lost touch

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
yeah people ask AI about the league today expecting some Old Timer answer about Kids These Days and AI just lights up and gushes about how great everyone is

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

merry nba christmas cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
leftover prime rib heating up. let's go sixers