Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The IQ tests that are closest to good are effectively measuring abstracted pattern recognition, and are decently enough designed that if you've controlled for the cultural factors other posters have mentioned, then a major difference between two individual scores is likely to reflect something like abstracted pattern recognition.

IQ's a fixation partly because of The Bell Curve, but that book and its authors were just one of the more publicly successful efforts of a much broader and longer campaign of racist pseudoscience funded and organized, at root, by an honest to god Nazi group called the Pioneer Fund, who continue to infiltrate and subvert the academy in the cause of white supremacism. Part of the prevalence of these beliefs even today is because they were generally much more common in anthropology and statistics, including major figures from across the fields, and because they were useful for racists arguing against things like bussing and integration, all the way into the 90s. A lot of the biggest figures in statistics, the folks with tests named after them, were huge eugenicists.

I'm very slowly reposting a longform article about another widely influential action by the group over in the pseudoscience thread. In brief, at one point they successfully co-opted the National Academies as a platform for racist pseudoscience through the celebrity of William Shockley, the main figure in the invention of the transistor. The article, and comments from other users, get into more detail about the whole subject, and covers several major figures from the effort.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah, the narrative of IQ is that it’s a true and valid thing (because it was when they were young in the 70s and 80s) that got cancelled by woke political correctness in the early 90s after Bell “proved” the inferiority of black people with The Bell Curve.

So of course regressives are still going to talk about IQ and how their numbers are high (as proven by on-line tests) and that shows their innate superiority even as they rot away without friends and send money to Donald Trump

For good histories on IQ and its hosed up usage and relationship to eugenics, I highly recommend Stephen Jay Gould’s The Mismeasure of Man or Edwin Black’s War Against The Weak.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
This is long as hell but it is a pretty extensive takedown of The Bell Curve and it's worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBc7qBS1Ujo

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Captain Log posted:

The weird conservative obsession with IQ is always pretty God drat funny, sad, and scary.

I could be completely wrong, but I'm reasonably sure Musk doesn't have an IQ "approaching 200" either. That would put him in territory past Einstein. They are like little kids, saying, "My uncle in the Military is a SEVEN STAR GENERAL it's a super secret rank for the most best'est men in the service."

I had an uncle with a crazy IQ, and I saw the paperwork about it from his childhood after he died. Want to know what he did for a living? Dude was a bartender. Didn't cure cancer of fly to Mars, not even once.

I'm convinced this is a symptom of a broader flaw inherent to the fascist mindset, and to a somewhat lesser degree the conservative mindset from which the former descends: terror of the unknown and inability to deal with nuance and ambiguity. They desperately need to quantify all things thus to better rank them, to at least create the illusion of order and hierarchy which gives that type comfort, or at least an illusion to deny the squishy, noisy world full of contradiction and randomness in which we live. IQ as some form of ultimate standard thus also does double duty, given how it's historically been cast as some sort of neutral arbiter of human intelligence ("See? This proves we're better than those [insert appropriate racial slur here]") rather than another largely socially derived measure of education, so allowing them to hate on the people they want to hate, but pretend it's just natural ordering of the races/genders/etc by quantifiable intelligence.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do think they crave absolutes and objectivity, and in so doing end up being all the more arbitrary by clinging to baseless things as if they posessed them.

God and country as moral law, race and sex as natural law, capitalism as human nature.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
One of the differences between fascists and conservatives is that of quality vs quantity though. The latter at least have to wear a mask of post-enlightenment empiricism and rationality, "look, I don't want to be racist, but we keep running all these tests designed by racists and the results keep coming back saying whites are best, you can't argue with facts" whereas the former can just go full Evola esoteric and claim that Aryans have a spiritual superiority and Jews are spiritually descended from snakes and so on.

The alt-right and white evangelicals blur the line between the two heavily, but then again that was their whole point, making fascist ideas acceptable in conservatism again.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I do think they crave absolutes and objectivity, and in so doing end up being all the more arbitrary by clinging to baseless things as if they posessed them.

God and country as moral law, race and sex as natural law, capitalism as human nature.

“This is the way we’ve always done, or used to do, it.”

Which more than half the time is never actually the way anyone did it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

One of the differences between fascists and conservatives is that of quality vs quantity though. The latter at least have to wear a mask of post-enlightenment empiricism and rationality, "look, I don't want to be racist, but we keep running all these tests designed by racists and the results keep coming back saying whites are best, you can't argue with facts" whereas the former can just go full Evola esoteric and claim that Aryans have a spiritual superiority and Jews are spiritually descended from snakes and so on.

The alt-right and white evangelicals blur the line between the two heavily, but then again that was their whole point, making fascist ideas acceptable in conservatism again.

Though given the ideas floating around during the initial rise of fascism I can't help but feel that is sort of the natural course of the "I'm just saying it how it is" tendency. The desire to use rationality to prove empirically the things that the believer feels emotionally can be shortcut, into simply validating the emotional desire directly in as appealing an aesthetic as they like.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

It's sort of a strange problem because it's the nature of some segment of humanity to have minds ordered that way. So it keeps cropping up over and over again. It leads to the paradox of tolerance and then that gets weaponized to shut down people for being mean to conservatives when they point out the slide toward fascism inherent in conservative ideology.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Trump — I’m 100% backing Kevin McCarthy for House Speaker…

No, gently caress you dad!

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

Well, Mr. Trump, you can run for Congress and vote for McCarthy. Otherwise you don’t matter here.

2 posted on 12/17/2022 6:23:24 PM PST by BobL (By the way, low tonight in Latvia: 11 degrees, brrrr!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

WHY?

5 posted on 12/17/2022 6:29:01 PM PST by Parmy

quote:

Wow! We tried to get rid of the RINO swamp but looks like the turds 💩 continue to float on top of the cesspool. We’ll never be able to rid ourselves of these anti MAGA POS! Thanks a lot trump …you have no discernment. Sooner or later they will continue their backstabbing ways once elected. The cake eating bitch HAS gotta go! Please don’t give her a lifeline! You are about to piss off a lot of your base. Not good.

14 posted on 12/17/2022 6:42:16 PM PST by RoseofTexas

:laugh:

quote:

Probably not an endorsement McCarthy would want.

15 posted on 12/17/2022 6:43:25 PM PST by Wilderness Conservative (Nature is the ultimate conservative)

5th Dimensional Chess!

quote:

Trying Reverse Psychology.

So the mainstream news figures: If Trump is for it, we should be against it.

I’ll just wait and see.

21 posted on 12/17/2022 6:55:41 PM PST by Scrambler Bob

quote:

Very disappointing. It’s the same situation where people say Trump doesn’t hire the right people. He’s got a blind spot for people he likes or something.
Kevin McCarthy is not only a wimp, he’s a Democrat. Wants power for the prestige, not to do good for us or our country.

22 posted on 12/17/2022 6:56:01 PM PST by tinamina (Remember when Biden said “we have developed the most sophisticated voting fraud system ever”? )

quote:

America needs a hero, I heard. Apparently, his name is Kevin. SuperTrump has spoken.

Kinda seems like the old Trump, though. He loved Ryan too before he hated him.

30 posted on 12/17/2022 7:02:12 PM PST by BuddhaBrown (Path to enlightenment: Four right turns, then go straight until you see the Light!)

Think, McFly, THINK!

quote:

I agree w DJT!

for pity sakes, THINK!

The majority is paper thin. This is not the time to quibble in an impossible quest, and lose the SOTH.

For pity sakes, THINK!

SHeesh!

49 posted on 12/17/2022 7:42:36 PM PST by Seaplaner (Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never...in nothing, great or small...Winston Churchill)

Wait a minute...

quote:

What’s up with McCarthy having one arm above and one below clasped like a Python snake around Trump’s arm? Usually it’s Trump that do these psychological power moves.

74 posted on 12/18/2022 7:07:20 AM PST by Blue Highway

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I agree with Freepers for once, that Trump guy sounds kinda loving stupid!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

BlackIronHeart posted:

I agree with Freepers for once, that Trump guy sounds kinda loving stupid!

:hmmyes:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I was plumbing the depths of Fox, which has managed to not have a single thing about the January 6th committees on their entire landing page on more than one occasion, and found something telling.

A person who was a teenage during the Holocaust as a camp secretary recently got convicted as an accessory to something like 100k genocide murders. They are 97 and got a mostly symbolic two-year suspended sentence.

The comments for the article were turned off. They don't do that often.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Captain Log posted:

I was plumbing the depths of Fox, which has managed to not have a single thing about the January 6th committees on their entire landing page on more than one occasion, and found something telling.

A person who was a teenage during the Holocaust as a camp secretary recently got convicted as an accessory to something like 100k genocide murders. They are 97 and got a mostly symbolic two-year suspended sentence.

The comments for the article were turned off. They don't do that often.

They know that even they can't weather a flood of openly pro-Nazi comments, and the story would be filled with a flood of openly pro-Nazi comments.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Hannukah sameach, freep! I'll light the candle tonight in the hopes that one of your loved ones might tolerate you even though you are a senile nazi.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Joe Biden Welcomes Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to the White House: ‘You Are Man of the Year’

Zelensky is on an official visit to Washington and Freep is not taking it very well.

quote:

I can't stand these two pricks

1 posted on 12/21/2022 2:15:18 PM PST by ChicagoConservative27
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

Transphobia out of loving nowhere!

quote:

To: ChicagoConservative27

Right up there with Bruce Jenner... Cool.

3 posted on 12/21/2022 2:17:25 PM PST by rovenstinez ( )

quote:

THE LAUNDERER of coarse he’s man of the year, how many pockets here have been filled with ukrainian billions of American tax payer money

6 posted on 12/21/2022 2:19:21 PM PST by ronnie raygun

quote:

Too bad Russia didn’t shoot down his plane on the way over, maybe they can get it on the way back.

11 posted on 12/21/2022 2:30:14 PM PST by jimwatx

quote:

“You are the man of the year in the United States of America.”

I never read Time magazine. Did they really choose Zelensky?

Biden lies about everything, so I don't trust any statement made by him.

15 posted on 12/21/2022 2:33:26 PM PST by Jess Kitting

What?

quote:

Frankly, I am stunned at the utter disrespect Vladimir Fetterman is showing the USA, which he considers his own personal piggy bank. The least he could have done was wear a suit and tie.

17 posted on 12/21/2022 2:37:49 PM PST by Toespi

quote:

To: Truth29

I expect McConnell, Cronyn, Romney, Murkowski, Portman and Blount to carry Zelensky into the Capitol tonight like they would some tribal king, bowing and scraping all the way, paving the path with taxpayer dollars meant for the Ukes and Soros. As far as the Americans who are unemployed, those who can’t afford heat and electric, families beset by high food and gas prices, they wouldn’t spit on them.

20 posted on 12/21/2022 2:41:34 PM PST by laconic
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

To: BipolarBob

We have stupid people in government.

26 posted on 12/21/2022 3:00:47 PM PST by joma89 (Buy weapons and ammo, folks, and have the will to use them.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: joma89

We have stupid people in government.

We have stupid people voting for them.

27 posted on 12/21/2022 3:01:12 PM PST by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

quote:

To: All

Please, help me find where in the constitution that is the US government’s job to ensure Ukrainian territory. Where do the Founding Father’s say that US tax payer money must be sent to do so? Foreign invasion and aymetric warfare being waged by China on US soil, and our government is trying to start WWIII in Eastern Europe.

33 posted on 12/21/2022 3:42:11 PM PST by Turbo Pig ('To close with and destroy the enemy")

quote:

Will they make Uke the 51st state?

Naw, they couldn’t stand the cut in tax free pay

36 posted on 12/21/2022 5:12:37 PM PST by thinden (buckle up ....)

quote:

To: T.B. Yoits

Dancing to “YMCA” no doubt. Congress has turned into a gay nightclub.

43 posted on 12/21/2022 8:26:59 PM PST by Veto! (FJB sucks rocks)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
What percentage of Freep is Vietnam vets?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ravenfood posted:

What percentage of Freep is Vietnam vets?

What percentage say they are or who actually are?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hatred and bigotry really are the over riding forces of the modern right wing movement to an amazing degree. Freeper idiots I for goddamn sure know are old enough to have spent decades screaming about the Russian menace have done a complete 180 and now slurp up Russian propaganda like hogs at a trough because it reinforces their hatred of appropriate out groups. No first principles, no baseline beliefs other than hatred.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

bird food bathtub posted:

Hatred and bigotry really are the over riding forces of the modern right wing movement to an amazing degree. Freeper idiots I for goddamn sure know are old enough to have spent decades screaming about the Russian menace have done a complete 180 and now slurp up Russian propaganda like hogs at a trough because it reinforces their hatred of appropriate out groups. No first principles, no baseline beliefs other than hatred.

It all comes from fear though. They're all the most craven cowards imaginable. They all own guns and talk tough but if they ever felt truly threatened by a foreign invader they'd cower in their basements or charge right into gunfire without ever injuring anyone

And that fear comes partially from them being dumb as gently caress. That's not entirely their fault because American education is a joke unless you're rich and we have no safety nets of any kind so we as a society have failed them. But we currently live in a world where it's never been easier to learn new things and replace old outdated information with newer better information but they've been inoculated against that due to multiple factors

I'm not trying to make excuses for any of them though. They're all huge pieces of poo poo and deserve to live their final years in fear and misery

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jagged Jim posted:

Joe Biden Welcomes Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to the White House: ‘You Are Man of the Year’

Zelensky is on an official visit to Washington and Freep is not taking it very well.

Transphobia out of loving nowhere!

What?

my uncle says similar poo poo now, i wonder if he has a freep.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

bird food bathtub posted:

its a mix of contrarian cowardice mixed with russia became the ideal country for them when obama was in office because of the anti gay laws.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It's funny how the comments on the US switching out "Yes, Sir!" for "Yes, Sergeant!" are still jacking off to the idea of Russia's military full of super manly warriors putting the Woke Army in their place. Just completely glossing over that Russia is a laughing stock getting ground down to nothing at this point. The ability for a showboat unit to do backflip axe throws does not a strong military make.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

7c Nickel posted:

It's funny how the comments on the US switching out "Yes, Sir!" for "Yes, Sergeant!" are still jacking off to the idea of Russia's military full of super manly warriors putting the Woke Army in their place. Just completely glossing over that Russia is a laughing stock getting ground down to nothing at this point. The ability for a showboat unit to do backflip axe throws does not a strong military make.

Putin will deploy Russia's Real Army any day now :colbert:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

The USMC has not called enlisted “sir” since at least the late 60s. Probably a lot earlier. I don’t think the Navy does it either since Chief petty officers insist on being called by their rank.

Simplifying the order acknowledgment response down to “sir” is exclusively an Army (and by extension Air Force) thing.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Lemniscate Blue posted:

This is long as hell but it is a pretty extensive takedown of The Bell Curve and it's worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBc7qBS1Ujo

Thanks for sharing this, it's been a really good watch.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

You don't call NCOs "sir" in the Army either unless you want to hear the response "don't call me sir I work for a living"

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

VitalSigns posted:

You don't call NCOs "sir" in the Army either unless you want to hear the response "don't call me sir I work for a living"

Every. Single. Time. It's in the fine print of the NCO Creed.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In the russian army you still call people Tovarishch (comrade) rank, which adds an extra level of comedy to cold warriors wanking to it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

There's two things I hate: these fancy high society elitists always looking down their noses at us average Joes just because we wear blue jeans and drink six-packs like real Americans, and guys who wear sweatshirts in congress instead of an expensive coat

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
What is your LEAST FAVORITE Christmas Song?

Red Badger posted:

My least Favorite song is:

Jingle Bells and especially:

The Barking Dogs Jingle Bells

quote:

To: Red Badger

Feliz Navidad and Paul McCarney’s “Wonderful Christmas Time”. Can’t STAND either of them.

4 posted on 12/22/2022 1:04:03 PM PST by woweeitsme
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

Now I must admit, I probably would have put Wham’s “Last Christmas” at the top, until I heard this version:

Slayer - Last Christmas / Angel of Death
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac1hWYjse8o

8 posted on 12/22/2022 1:05:05 PM PST by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)

quote:

To: dfwgator

2022 version-

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart. The very next day, you told me you’re gay. This year, I won’t shed a tear. I’m spending the day alone drinking beer...

210 posted on 12/22/2022 6:39:02 PM PST by Farmerbob
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

quote:

I simply hate all Christmas music.

All of it.

Radio’s full of it for the last week or so.

15 posted on 12/22/2022 1:06:35 PM PST by Mariner (War Criminal #18)

quote:

Anything not related to the birth of Christ.

199 posted on 12/23/2022, 12:09:34 AM by Joann37

quote:

So many to choose from.

I'm a Christmas music fanatic but it seems you only hear the dreck when Christmas music is played on radio or in shopping malls.

Aside from the much overplayed Mariah Carey song, I would have to say that the Christmas Wrapping song by the Waitresses has gotten very, very old.
20 posted on 12/22/2022, 9:07:39 PM by SamAdams76 (4,762,307 | Truth Social | 87,863,616 | Twitter | Trump Followers)

quote:

Santa Baby
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
Jingle Bell Rock
and, yes, White Christmas

26 posted on 12/22/2022, 9:08:38 PM by JudyinCanada

quote:

To: fidelis

Anything by Springsteen makes my ears bleed
Cant stand him his politics or his music. He can’t sing.

75 posted on 12/22/2022, 9:30:08 PM by Fungi
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

HombreSecreto solicits lyrics for a Hunter Biden themed 12 days of Christmas from other freepers and it's just a mish-mash of right wing headlines from Breitbart they've been seething at all year.

quote:

To: Persevero

Let’s do a Hunter Biden Twelve Days of Christmas!

On the first day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
A laptop and a webcam

92 posted on 12/22/2022 1:47:47 PM PST by HombreSecreto (The life of a repo man is always intense)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: HombreSecreto

Hunter Biden’s Twelve Days of Christmas - Enjoy!

On the first day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
A laptop and a webcam

On the second day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
Two golden showers
And a laptop and a webcam

On the third day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
Three VPNs
Two golden showers

On the fourth day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
Four packs of condoms
Three VPNs
Two golden showers

On the fifth day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
Five crack pipes
Four packs of condoms
Three VPNs
Two golden showers

On the sixth day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
Six slutty FBI agents
Five crack pipes
Four packs of condoms
Three VPNs
Two golden showers

On the seventh day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
Seven strippers a-stripping
Six slutty FBI agents
Five crack pipes
Four packs of condoms
Three VPNs
Two golden showers

On the eighth day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
Eight Chinese a-blackmailing
Six slutty FBI agents
Five crack pipes
Four packs of condoms
Three VPNs
Two golden showers

On the ninth day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
Nine Ukrainians a-bribing
Six slutty FBI agents
Five crack pipes
Four packs of condoms
Three VPNs
Two golden showers

On the tenth day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
Ten journalists a-spinning
Six slutty FBI agents
Five crack pipes
Four packs of condoms
Three VPNs
Two golden showers

On the eleventh day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
Eleven techies a-censoring
Six slutty FBI agents
Five crack pipes
Four packs of condoms
Three VPNs
Two golden showers

On the twelfth day of Christmas, the Big Guy gave to me
Twelve pedos a-sniffing
Eleven techies a-censoring
Six slutty FBI agents
Five crack pipes
Four packs of condoms
Three VPNs
Two golden showers

Thanks to all and have a laugh at the Brandons!

173 posted on 12/22/2022 2:41:51 PM PST by HombreSecreto (The life of a repo man is always intense)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 162 | View Replies ]

quote:

The 12 days of Christmas needs to removed from human memory and a hit squad if eternal robots be made that will kill any future song writer that makes a new version. It grates as bad as 99 bottles and that song needs the same treatment.

202 posted on 12/23/2022, 1:04:12 AM by Liaison (TANSTAAFL)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

HombreSecreto has never considered matching syllable counts huh

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
To be fair it seems like anyone who makes written political parodies of songs know absolutely nothing about meter, Freep isn't unique in this.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Let me introduce you to the brilliant songsmiths over at jibjab dot com...

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Arizona judge rejects Kari Lake's election lawsuit, Lake to appeal

Feliz Navidad Freep.

quote:

To: shadowlands1960

That was fast.

2 posted on 12/24/2022 11:25:50 AM PST by Irish Eyes

Oh, great, it's going to be one of those threads where I'm going have to skip half the posts because it's just Freepers creeping on Lake. :negative:

quote:

Kari is very appealing.

3 posted on 12/24/2022 11:26:16 AM PST by Dalberg-Acton

quote:

” Judge Peter Thompson found Kari Lake’s lawyers had not proven Maricopa officials committed any kind of misconduct.”

Seriously?
Clearly the communist judge rejects reality.

4 posted on 12/24/2022 11:26:36 AM PST by newfreep ("There is no race problem...just a problem race")

quote:

To: newfreep

The judge values his life.

8 posted on 12/24/2022 11:28:06 AM PST by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Dalberg-Acton

I think she should be RNC chair... at least she fights...

10 posted on 12/24/2022 11:28:51 AM PST by shadowlands1960 (We live in a world of intolerance masked as tolerance. RUSH LIMBAUGH)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

:rip:

quote:

Most of the judges are corrupt. Many of them feel very threatened to go against the machine. Besides being a threat to their life they have their careers to worry about. They know how the system works.

We are past the point of no return.

15 posted on 12/24/2022 11:34:09 AM PST by Revel

Revolution is Coming!

quote:

We will not get the country back through a corrupt legal system, in this case or any other although the appeals and conflicting lower court cases will give the appearance of justice.

18 posted on 12/24/2022 11:35:41 AM PST by Truth29

quote:

I’m wrestling with why I should bother to vote in ‘24 but I know that’s what the commies want.

One does not vote one’s self out of tyranny and corrupt elections.

20 posted on 12/24/2022 11:36:41 AM PST by fretzer

quote:

The bastards keep telling us that our Votes do NOT matter. And we allow this. Why?

24 posted on 12/24/2022 11:40:11 AM PST by Howie66 (Let's Go Brandon!!)

quote:

To: Georgia Girl 2

The only thing we can do is also cheat. That’s what our side is left with.

26 posted on 12/24/2022 11:43:58 AM PST by lilypad
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

quote:

Did anyone actually think she’d win. These are Feral, DemocRAT “judges” in there. The DNC owns those lowlife bastards.

28 posted on 12/24/2022 11:45:02 AM PST by FlingWingFlyer (Hey Amerika! The whole world is watching and laughing their asses off. )

quote:

To: FlingWingFlyer

Grrrrr....! So disgusted with the blatant fraud being rewarded over and over throughout the country. In Arizona, it is so freaking obvious what they did. Courts are corrupt and compromised.

30 posted on 12/24/2022 11:46:26 AM PST by Metrobank
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

quote:

A-hole judge. Team Lake CLEARLY proved chain of custody records were non-existent during the ballot transfer process.

F'ing idiot judge. I can take one guess as to which alphabet agency threatened him.

32 posted on 12/24/2022 11:46:46 AM PST by CivilWarBrewing (Get off my back for my usage of CAPS, especially you snowflake males! MAN UP!)

quote:

This was the inevitable result.

Kari Lake will never be the governor of AZ and Donald Trump will never be the president of the US.

36 posted on 12/24/2022 11:53:51 AM PST by Vaden (Real conservatives will not allow our wagon to be hitched to fascist Russia)

quote:

Intimidation! the thugs can now intimidate judges by just smiling at them.
If short ballot forms are not created intentionally and 16k ballots being “found” just in time are not cause for Lake to win we are in deep trouble as a nation.
Pray for America – we are in a downward slide.

37 posted on 12/24/2022 11:54:10 AM PST by jmaroneps37 (Freedom is never free. It must be won rewon and jealously guarded.)

Revolution is... Coming? Maybe?

quote:

any chance the good people of Arizona will rise up in a mass protest against the election????

39 posted on 12/24/2022 11:56:27 AM PST by elpadre (W )

Hi Kit Cat!

quote:

To: Georgia Girl 2

So GG we have NO RECOURSE the bastards steal the elections and the courts will NEVER rectify the wrong doing, this will continue there is no recourse, we will NEVER win another election!!!

43 posted on 12/24/2022 12:00:03 PM PST by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

I mean, other than that...

quote:

To: Vaden

The sad part is better lawyers could have won this one. Lake’s lawyers made two mistakes in this case.

1) They alleged thousands of Lake voters decided not to vote because of the chaos on Election Day, but there was not a single affidavit from such a voter.

2) They said the county violated chain of custody documentation rules, but then admitted those documents existed but had not been disclosed. They should have demanded disclosure of those documents.

44 posted on 12/24/2022 12:00:13 PM PST by Renfrew
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

quote:

Kari went about it the wrong way. All she has to say is “I am actually a democrat and the Russians interfered in an election”

89 posted on 12/24/2022 1:01:45 PM PST by GrandJediMasterYoda (As long as Hillary Clinton remains free, the USA will never have equal justice under the law)

...aaaand they've already turned on her.

quote:

She can appeal all she wants but she’s a loser and the GOP had the chance to pick a better female conservative candidate in the primary who could have bested that idiot Katie Hobbs in the General by a significant lead. Of course the AZ electoral system was fair when she won her primary. She clammed up **** real **** quick when the numbers flipped and she took the lead. These people!

98 posted on 12/24/2022 1:41:54 PM PST by AmericanInTokyo (“5th Amendment. 5th Amendment. 5th Amendment. Horrible! Only the mob does that.” -Donald J. Trump )

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Stay safe goons trapped in yet another once in a century weather event that happens every year, here is some freeper suffering to warm you up.
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓯𝓯𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵 𝓕𝓡 𝓦𝓪𝔂-𝓣𝓸𝓸-𝓒𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭

quote:

To: Lazamataz

The Biden Blackouts are sweeping the nation.

Forget domestic energy capability.

Ukraine is much more important to the U.S citizenry.

6 posted on 12/24/2022, 3:50:19 PM by BrexitBen

quote:

To: BrexitBen; BobL

Rolling blackouts.
People will get cold.
Pipes will freeze.
Furnaces will burn out.
That’ll teach that Putin!

34 posted on 12/24/2022 7:59:56 AM PST by Tolerance Sucks Rocks (FBI out of Florida!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

say_the_line_bart.png

quote:

5 degrees F this morning near Quantico VA. Doors of my car frozen shut, and even after a 20 minute drive, the electric windows frozen shut.

Sheesh. So much for “global warming”!

7 posted on 12/24/2022, 3:50:55 PM by Chainmail (Harrassment, to be effective, must be continuous.)

quote:

I want my global warming back!!!
🥶🥶🥶

65 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:07:14 PM by 6ppc (Democrats would have to climb Everest to reach the level of "scum of the earth")

quote:

Humorous: TVA (government) instituting 'rolling blackouts' (PURE BS) around East Tennessee as a result of the National Weather Service (government) declaring that we are ALL victims of this 'once in a generation' storm.

LOLOL!
9 posted on 12/24/2022, 3:51:50 PM by who knows what evil? (Yehovah saved more animals than people on the ark...siameserescue.org)

quote:

To: who knows what evil?

Blame Nashville, mostly. That area has not kept up with growing demand and the states where the difference was made up are using that excess capacity for their own citizens.

138 posted on 12/24/2022 8:43:11 AM PST by Ingtar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

quote:

After the great snow/freeze of 2021 with no water or electricity, I took no chances this year. When my power went out Thursday night, I booked a hotel room for 2 nights.

I went and checked on things yesterday. The power was back on, but the water pipes are still frozen. I have all electric heat and the house got no warmer than 60 degrees. That along with no water sent me back to my hotel room.

It’s supposed to get above freezing this afternoon. I’m heading back to home. I pray I don’t have a busted water pipe like I did last year.

Merry Freezing Christmas from the Texas Hill Country.

60 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:05:42 PM by Responsibility2nd (Fake News. Might be true; but it’s designed to distort, mislead, brainwash and BS sheeple. )

Looking forward to this being a topic of my XMas day dinner :rolleyes:

quote:

Scientists Say They Caught China Successfully Changing the Weather.

They have been working on this for years.

https://futurism.com/scientists-china-changing-weather

72 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:09:43 PM by DOC44 ( )

quote:

I have a wood burning stove in my “shop/mancave” building. I bought it with a fully insulated building, and lows down to ten degrees in mind.

It’s 35% insulated now, and our low the last couple of days has been -12 or so. And the high at 5.

The warmest it got my building was 60 degrees for about a half hour, and then 58 was a struggle. I put it on low last night and woke up to a building at 39 degrees. The important thing is that I DID keep it above freezing.

But this is VERY unusual weather for this area (south central Kentucky). And when I get full insulation in it will be significantly better. I sure went through a lot of wood...

What keeps going through my mind, though, was the climate article a read a few years ago that said we should not worry about the planet getting warmer, but that it was getting colder. And a colder planet is a dryer planet. We also had the driest fall we’ve had since I’ve lived here (11 years). And they are having drought problems in other parts of the country - and world.

I guess we’ll see. Hopefully this is just one of those outlier years.

88 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:21:27 PM by cuban leaf (My prediction: Harris is Spiro Agnew. We'll soon see who becomes Gerald Ford, and our next prez.)

quote:

To: mountainlion; Lazamataz
it has been about 50 in my bedroom and down to -18 lately.

I sleep in an unheated bedroom. Lots of blankets. Usually works out pretty good.

Usually.

Got up this AM and it was 2 degrees outside and about 12 degrees in my bedroom. I have a wood stove in the livingroom which is usually adequate.

Usually.

This morning the water in my dishwasher was frozen. Re-stoked the stove and turned on a space heater. Took a while to get comfortable.

I could get up at 3 or 4 to reload the stove, but it is hard to get out of a warm bed to do that.
114 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:32:45 PM by TangoLimaSierra (⭐⭐To the Left, The Truth is Right Wing Violence⭐⭐)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

quote:

To: DugwayDuke

just in case TVA cuts power.””

Same here... insulated, good windows, heat pump, gas logs, infra red room heaters, but only one wife here with her mini golden doodle for the bed.

Here in TN with TVA and the hydroelectric dams and coal fired electrical plants we haven’t had these black outs until all the yankees and CA nuts move here and builders built thousands of medium size cheap houses on the farm land. Now biden is busing in all these illegals from the border. Our infra structure cannot handle it; grid, roads and schools.

135 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:42:12 PM by DOC44 ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 110 | View Replies]

The latter part of this post is just :discourse: American Conservatism coping for the capitalistic practice of private monopolies never changing anything for any reason because it would effect their bottom lines

quote:

Woke at 7am today to 11 degrees F here in Charlotte, NC. Within minutes, our power went out. We set our thermostats back at night to mid-50s, and the heat had been only on minutes at that time, so the chill was still in the air indoors. It was not quite light yet, so I had to fumble about getting the gas logs going, and putting on a kettle of water on the gas stove top. Had to find a working butane lighter to get that lit, and also to get the gas logs going in the family room. Our Husky pup is well trained, and wanted her daily walk too. Nothing doing! She is just going to have to wait, or go out in the yard on her own!

We got our power back just about 10, and things are heating up again indoors, and up to a balmy 18F now outside.

Cause of the outage, per Duke Energy, is too much power demand and their resultant grid management program (aka rolling blackouts(. Of course, they will never admit the energy shortfall comes from the coal, oil and gas fired plants taken offline to appease the environmental gods, or the solar generation not working in the dark. Nor will they admit the extra demand comes from charging electric vehicles and switching home heating sources from oil & natgas to electric heat pumps. Nope - just suck in up buttercup.

148 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:51:19 PM by Be Free (When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I think that poster that woke up to it being 12 degrees in their bedroom but doesn't want to get up in the night to stoke their fire better starting doing that before they die.

Not making a joke

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have been assured that this was How It Was Like Back In The Good Old Days and that it Never Did Us Any Harm so I am sure they will be fine.

Surely a proud conservative manly man should not be put off by a few Woke Snowflakes.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Beastie posted:

I think that poster that woke up to it being 12 degrees in their bedroom but doesn't want to get up in the night to stoke their fire better starting doing that before they die.

Not making a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Hey guess what time it is? Lonely Freeper Time!

Anyone else spending Christmas Eve alone? (yuletide vanity)

quote:

To: Skooz
Yes, and probably Christmas day also. Doesn’t bother me. Since my mother died, I don’t care anyway

2 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:42:05 PM by roving ( Pronouns- libs/suk)

quote:

I am. It is super cold here and I am just over being sick. Kind of lonely.

I have been spending some time this evening thinking about all the wonderful times at Christmas in the past!

3 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:42:21 PM by dforest

quote:

I am.

15 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:51:53 PM by FryingPan101 (God bless you, Jim.)

quote:

Yes I will be alone, I will be calling family in the morning, and cooking up a Christmas ham dinner for one

23 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:57:27 PM by markman46 (engage brain before using keyboard!!!)

quote:

With wifey on a tear tonight.....sure wishing I was alone. Ya know....marriage.

25 posted on 12/24/2022, 4:58:36 PM by Qwapisking ("IF the Second goes first the First goes second" L.Star )

quote:

I got left behind alone because I’m watching the dogs while everyone else in my family goes up north. I was planning to go with them for at least 6 mos. But was told the dogs would not be welcome at my kids in-laws house, (even though other dogs are going to be allowed) so they would have to stay cooped up in the hotel the whole weekend. That’s pretty hard and cruel on them, and I have to say it’s pretty selfish of them since they have a small backyard and they are very good dogs.

So I volunteered to stay home with them. So it’s just me and the two mutts for all weekend. Here’s the kicker, they’re my kids dogs, not even mine. But I do love em’ like my own so here I stay.

38 posted on 12/24/2022, 5:08:56 PM by Bullish (Rot'sa Ruck America. )

quote:

For every person spending Christmas alone, there’s a more than a few wishing that they were alone on Christmas. LOL.

47 posted on 12/24/2022, 5:12:59 PM by Roman_War_Criminal (Jesus + Something = Nothing ; Jesus + Nothing = Everything )

quote:

Been alone on Christmas since 1996. I have learned to like it. I just finished a ‘ham steak,’ yams, beans, and a slice of peach pie. Getting ready to make some hot chocolate and add a splash of raspberry Chambord. Then light up the tree and tune in the old radio to WCLV 90.3 for some classic and classical Christmas music.

Then the 4 cats will all pile up on the couch with me purring waiting for their Christmas Eve treat. They’ll open their boxes full of tissue paper and have a blast playing about.

50 posted on 12/24/2022, 5:14:22 PM by EBH

quote:

To: Four of Six; roving; Skooz
Just my wife and I. We have always had family. Usually 20+. All scattered. Some passed, some pissed, some care, some don’t. Between covid and politics, and time the bell tolls a little louder.

51 posted on 12/24/2022, 5:14:42 PM by Texaspeptoman (Even cannibals... get fed up with people sometimes.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

To: EBH
I’ve been alone virtually every Christmas Eve since 2009. At first it was rough. Then I got used to it and now I actually prefer it. I don’t mind it a bit.

56 posted on 12/24/2022, 5:16:50 PM by Skooz (Gabba Gabba accept you we accept you one of us Gabba Gabba we accept you we accept you one of us )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]
Funny how many freepers there are trying desperately to convince themselves that being alone on Christmas is better than being with family.

quote:

To: dforest
Well, Merry Christmas everyone.

For those alone, remember if you’re lonely, there are people around others who wish they could just be by themselves. Not always a terrible thing. A good time for reflection, or watching something you like, or some good music, a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate or tea, even talking on the phone to another friend a little, ...

70 posted on 12/24/2022, 5:26:42 PM by Secret Agent Man (Gone Galt; not averse to Going Bronson.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Yep tonight and tomorrow, my mom passed last year I loved doing all the work for Christmas’s past, I am actually very happy as I get older to be alone and not being doing all that work I used to love!!

74 posted on 12/24/2022, 5:28:40 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

quote:

Yes. I am good with it.

85 posted on 12/24/2022, 5:35:03 PM by Jet Jaguar

quote:

Yup, wife headed to sons and DIL’s Friday to help out. I’m taking care of dogs and kitty until tomorrow when I join her. Rather peaceful. First year we did not have the gathering here.
Merry Christmas all 🎄

105 posted on 12/24/2022, 5:48:16 PM by M_Continuum

quote:

Flying solo this year just outside of Dayton,OH - VERY COLD but sharing the evening with Freepers is warming my heart!

109 posted on 12/24/2022, 5:51:20 PM by newfreep ("There is no race problem...just a problem race")

quote:

This year just me

and Jesus.

/-)

113 posted on 12/24/2022, 5:55:13 PM by cuz1961 (USCGR Veteran )

quote:

To: cuz1961
Hanging out with Jesus, too. My late husband refused the vax, but died from heart failure after severe threatening on his job as a pilot, flying charters in retirement. Either way, they achieved what they wanted, though God had the last word when the company suffered. Go in faith...especially if you’re flying. Bernoulli’s principle- my verdict on that is still out. LOL. Faith.

127 posted on 12/24/2022, 6:10:50 PM by pops88 ( Helping usher the glory of God into Las Vegas)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 113 | View Replies]

quote:

Alone in a house of four, if that makes any sense. And i am the joyous one.

Blessings on all of you.

128 posted on 12/24/2022, 6:10:52 PM by drSteve78 (Je suis Deplorable STILL )

quote:

Me too. My family is rather spread out.

137 posted on 12/24/2022, 6:23:32 PM by Jacob Kell ("I would rather go hunting with Kyle Rittenhouse....than make a movie with Alec Baldwin")

quote:

Technically, yes. But I’m on FR, so I’m not really alone.

145 posted on 12/24/2022, 6:31:30 PM by Tolerance Sucks Rocks (FBI out of Florida!)
Translation: My internet friends and I spent Christmas poo poo-talking my niece and pretending I wasn't lonely

quote:

To: dforest
I was kind of grumpy to a few well known goofballs here.
GOOD. LOL

Being sick I just could not suffer those fools!

I’m well and I can’t stand ‘em. 😄 I smacked a couple of them around earlier, both insufferable trolls.

I’m with a couple of good friends (I just didn’t feel up to the whole airport experience this year) and they were encouraging me with one of them in particular. A mouthy little ‘lennial who probably needed her smart mouth smacked a couple of times while growing up. I’ve had fun verbally doing just that today. It’s even kind of cathartic.

Take care and I hope it warms up for you soon. The deep freeze is finally pulling away from us here. Still cold, but not like two days ago.

151 posted on 12/24/2022, 6:35:28 PM by Allegra
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 136 | View Replies]

quote:

yeah I’m home alone.

used to get christmas invites.

no more.

152 posted on 12/24/2022, 6:37:12 PM by ckilmer (q)
:allbuttons:

quote:

Unfortunately, my son & D-i-l have alienated me for the last 17 months. This means I do not get to see my three grandchildren 12, 11, 8.

I’m alone tonight and tomorrow. Not married. It’s the way things are right now.

I’m about to go by and drop off some gifts at the front door and maybe sing a Christmas carol to them from the sidewalk. The then tomorrow I’ll make to more drop offs during the morning and afternoon sometime.

This after 11 years of close contact, never missing a birthday, holiday, anything. D-i-L suddenly took a severe disliking to me in July of ‘21.

I suspect that if she sees me dropping gifts off, she will come out of the house screaming. I wear a bodycam to protect myself. It’s my grandkids that count. Yes, I’ve tried everything. No, my son isn’t of any use. No, I didn’t do anything to earn this “shunning” or “banning” except that I am a man who wouldn’t put up with her borderline disorder and bullying.

This is what having a mentally ill D-i-L is like.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :)

175 posted on 12/24/2022, 7:03:09 PM by Az Joe (Live free or die)

quote:

To: CFW
Our family cohesion ended with my parents. So disrespectful to their memory. It happens.

So many familiar stories on these pages. We are not alone in our experiences. Are we?

Christmas has become more and more a time of reflection for me. In memory of His birth and our gracious salvation.

I think Christmas meant so much to my parents because of the separation and uncertainty of the War in the 40s. Being apart from home was not normal. In all the years I was out on a drilling rig somewhere, Christmas and so many other special days became just another work day with pleasantries to be delayed. It made me hard to survive it as it did my family.

184 posted on 12/24/2022, 7:13:17 PM by Sequoyah101 (Just my thoughts)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

Yes, every year.

222 posted on 12/24/2022, 8:20:55 PM by peggybac (My will is what I wanted. God's will is what I got.)

quote:

To: FryingPan101
Merry Christmas, Frying Pan!

I’m not alone, but I miss my kids. I think this is the beginning of the times when we will be without others. At least, I have my sweetheart with me. Richly blessed because of that.

Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

228 posted on 12/24/2022, 8:35:36 PM by FamiliarFace (I got my own way of livin' But everything gets done With a southern accent Where I come from. TP)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

🙋🎆🎄

im spending it alone. 🌌im making a cake🎂🍰 tomorow and will play some nice music-

The man who i have fallen in love with💋 is also alone and i do not fall in love easily☺😇☺

Perhaps in the 2023 year we can be together- he’ s going thru some rough times and eagerly look to spend more time with him.
He is one of the most special persons I have ever known and always calls me “ kid”,...

here ya go kid, ok kid ,....you get the drift? 📍😆😆😆

247 posted on 12/24/2022, 9:43:52 PM by thesligoduffyflynns ( When you are going through hell keep)